/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk about Sonic's stuff! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #831 - Buddy a cute edition.

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

SEGA Cuts Ties with Archie Comics; Not the End of Sonic in Comics
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/887809496898088960

Several Sonic Events Happening at San Diego Comic-Con 2017
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sounds-of-sonic-music-event-set-for-san-diego-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-mania-behind-the-scenes-panel-at-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-augmented-reality-experience-coming-to-sdcc/

Tons of new info on Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric Development Found
tssznews.com/2017/07/11/tons-of-new-info-on-sonic-boom-rise-of-lyric-development-found/

Sonic Mania Vinyl Album Announced
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/878297582383976449

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/gamegrumps/comments/6ohn50/sonic_return_of_the_edgelord_seriously_though/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=gamegrumps
youtube.com/watch?v=i3sllmQsZDw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'M THE TALLEST OF MOUNTAINS

Who here /unironicallylikesInfinite/?

This is the kind of talk that I've been dreaming of. Not even kidding, I've got a stupid grin on my face here. I really hope you guys take this kit and make some amazing things.

In other news, here's Shadow. He's got his proper run cycle, the yellow aura, the whole package. Just for fun, I put some point lights on his skates so they light up a little bit. In Version 4.0 of the kit, if you want to make Shadow faster than Sonic, as Sonic Battle would imply, then that's all up to you.

Who's next? Blaze?

Yeah! Yo!
I am the tallest of mountains!
I am the roughest of waves!

An animated adaption of the Sonic Mega Drive series or something similar would be dope

I AM THE TALLEST OF MOUNTAINS

right here famalamajam

Me.
Does he have the SA2 animation? That one is still the best one.

It's not that simple. We can't just hold a poll, that's too easy to exploit and not everyone in this community is going to be reading the thread when we post it.

We need to REALLY organize things. Have a devteam ready, and have the community send emails and detail exactly why they want to see the type of style and gameplay they like. Schedule it well in advance and hold it for a month. Then the devteam would verbally communicate with one another and ultimately come to a decision.

We should use this thread to organize a devteam.

He's got the one from Generations.

Im interested in his motivation/plans because it looks like their trying something, he also has garra's voice and garra's cool

He reminds me of this guy.

Why the dubs always get deleted?
What did that even sayed?

>We should use this thread to organize a devteam
Fuck it, you're right. Okay so, how do we start organizing?

>We can't just hold a poll
I mean you sorta can. That's how we did it over at Project Sage before we moved off /vp/.

I don't know I honestly just typed it so I could be lead to it and see

I'm really hoping the treat him like Eclipse. If not, then, well, just wasted potential.

Something tells me there's going to be a marked increase in the level of writing during some scenes, though.

Its like Eclipse, Mephiles, Scourge, and Shadow combined.

>Infinite theme
>Already more than 175k views
>14k likes
>not even 260 dislikes
>b-but normies hate it I swear

Classic
Cucks
BTFO
T
F
O

I wonder, does Sega no longer want to use Eggman Nega cause Rivals fucked him up?

I know he's basically a recolored Eggman and that was stupid but it's just odd he doesn't exist anymore but Blaze does

First of all. You should consider to actually post emails or even facebook/instagran/twitter
Yes, risky and cringy but its a first step

Hey, whoever runs our booru:
Guy on /trash/ colored the Blaze/Bunnie bathhouse pic and he's currently working on the Clove lingerie one.
If you're interested.

All Sonic girls are beautiful treasures~

They probably don't want to use him since they left him in the Chaotic Inferno in Rivals 2. He's stuck there forever now, outside of non-canon Olympics games.

Scourge is a bad character but I love him and this would be the perfect game for him to hijack the plot. Infinite rips a hole in reality and he claws his way out

"Remember me Blue?!?"

We could just make shit for this project, should it start to take off. I wonder, how many anons in this general would like to see us come together & make something great?

Except the humans and that ugly bird thing on the top left.

That's a cute pic user

>Vanilla hasn't been in a game since Rush

Rivals 2 contradicted his backstory anyway

But Sonic never met Scourge. Not even Archie Sonic remembers him.

Didn't this happened with Katawa Shoujo?

It's called a retcon.

I like all the edgy hedgey's. They've all brought something different to the table and I'm looking forward to seeing what Infinite has to offer.

>no Shahra and Merlina
I mean yeah but those also counts

That's the fun part. Scourge loses everything, so he claws his way out of nonexistence just to get one last shot at his most hated enemy, and he doesn't even remember him.

>Scourge appears in some Sonic games before this.
>Has to team up with Sonic because of Infinite and becomes the 3rd playable character.

In another universe, this happened.

It's a contradiction. Eggman Nega debuted in a Dimps game, but Rivals was made by Backbone Entertainment

They just used the same character with a different backstory just because

Well, let's go over the talented people in this general. I know of GHP, Sketch and myself. I'm your man for voicework. I have a Sonic cast at my fingertips already, so I'd be able to act as voice director. (and actor for Shadow of course) I can also make a trailer, since video editing is kind of my thing, and I'd like a hand in sound design as well.

Sketch on map design and voicing Eggman, but I'm on the fence about his music. I think NicoCW would be a great choice.

Not exactly familiar with it. What happened?

nice faggy little theme song you autists got there

reddit.com/r/gamegrumps/comments/6ohn50/sonic_return_of_the_edgelord_seriously_though/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=gamegrumps

That awoo looks familiar.

>arin and da-
stopped reading there

Alright, so we have people for voices, editors, map design, etc.

How many songfags do we have here?

>gamegrumps
Should've disguised that link. Maybe then I would've clicked it.

Tiara has a cute design, but she probably wouldn't have been that great of a character.

>Getting Nico to do shit

>/r/gamegrumps

Started with a single page about a lot of different disabled girls, then a lot of people got together and worked into a VN about that.
Kind of popular.

Why do you people continue to give Game Grumps attention.

Best Friends Reddit is enjoying it.

Just saying.

Any post with "gamegrumps" or "game grumps" should be immediately marked as spam.

>/r/gamegrumps

They do it because people here get overly ass ravaged over it.

i am a decent writer.

Shit taste.

Imagine a stereotypical parody of Sally, where she's a super awesome princess who's perfect and spunky and she can do everything Sonic can but better and Sonic is madly in love with her because she's perfect. That's basically what we would've gotten.

Now consider that X-treme's original release date was roughly around the same time as Endgame, maybe slightly after. We could have very easily gotten a post-#50 comic where Sally died for real and Tiara replaced her as lead female and Sonic's girlfriend.

because our husbando Aaron loves game grumps and so must we

I personally enjoyed it. Quite emotional for me, and I like that it's about disabled chicks.in more ways than one

I am the sharpest of blades
I'll cut you down in a second

Alright we have a writefag, too.

Thinking about it, could you imagine if a Sonic general on Veeky Forums is able to come together & make a fucking fangame about this series?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Why in the fug did they choose the Wii version?
youtube.com/watch?v=i3sllmQsZDw

is it true that in the court case of ken penders they didn't have the original contracts but they did have copies?

One more thing: I know a thrash metal artist, if you guys want an edgy main theme. It'd cost a commission though, and someone writing lyrics.

Resume?

Hi again, /sthg/.

I'm having conflicted thoughts. Should I be happy Rotor will now maybe be in better hands, or sad Rotor will cease to exist?
Help me decide, please.

aren't there places for this other then Veeky Forums... that people won't hate everything we come up with.

Neither of them know shit about Sonic games

Wii version was probably cheaper

Same reason why they played SADX over the Dreamcast version.

Hey if we do this, we're making it for this general. I don't think people would hate it.

You're husbando basically doesn't exist anymore.
F.

Or Discord.

We'd never agree on what it's going to be.

Depends on the announcement.

Fuck outta here, you didn't even read or watch anything he was in.

Rotor is gone forever fag.

i said decent, not accredited. I just have a firm grasp in how to establish lore and setting up worlds, writing characters. That sorta thing.

Rotorfag BTFO

i like, i don't know why... but i like.

Yes, and? Why not make something just for the fun of it, and pay no mind to what other sites may think?

Tell me what it takes TO BE INFINITE!

why not, i ain't got nothi'n to lose.

Have the Japanese gone batshit crazy about Infinite yet?

Well, ok, but you could at least show an example of SOMETHING you've done. A fanfiction, anything.

Because if we do a good enough job, SEGA might notice. Or at least Whitehead.

Japan doesn't care about Sonic.

in what way? And how?

>Archie Sonic's death has been completely overshadowed by Infinite and his theme.

L.O.L.

>actually asking for things they've done
Whew, dodged a bullet there. Good luck other writefag.

Which episode?
Think we'll actually see him in the show?

They only care about ntr and cuckoldry shit, and to shit on idols they decided that wanted to get a life, and a lot of other shit.
I honestly don't care what the fuck the nips think

Comicfags have always been irrel compared to us gamefags.

nope was to self concious to NEVER post anything i have made with no guidance.
I need something to focus my brain on to insure i don't go autistic.

I wonder when the very first time I was outed as "Sparky" was... I really can't remember.

Just because it was easy, I've made the default Sonic model the Generations model. You can't really tell very well as they are very similar. The Lost World model and animations are still available, of course.

Okay. NOW Blaze is underway. Then Metal Sonic, maybe? How's that sound?

>Metal
Hell yes

What do you think of Infinite? Do you like the trailer or his theme?

Sounds good and I don't even give a shit about your work

Yeah, he's cool. When I first heard the song and saw the trailer, my reaction was pretty much "Oh my gosh he's so edgy i love this so much i can't believe oh my gosh" Along with laughter. Infinite is awesome.

Trailer was okay. Faster than sonic thing was a bit odd, and the theme was grating and clearly just edge central. Gotta wait for the game to come out though to give a proper opinion.