Make a really damn nice engine

>make a really damn nice engine
>ruin it by only mounting it transversally and putting it into golf with haldex

Other urls found in this thread:

autoexpress.co.uk/car-reviews/18191/audi-quattro-prototype
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck if it was in a golf r with a stick id buy it

Isn't that quite small intercooler?

Why would you say that? It's a factory stock production engine.

Larger intercooler = more lag and resistance to heat soak.

Should have put in the S4 desu

It's too long for the S4's engine bay, everything from the B5 onwards doesn't have room for an inline 5 anymore without relocating the radiator and other extensive modifications.
Besides, a long engine like that would make it understeer even harder than it already does.

>Be BMW
>make a 1.65L i6, shaft driven for a bike
>don't use it anywhere else
>don't throw it in an i8 shell
>don't sell it as a crate engine
Pic related, damn shame. I would've liked a 1 series with a smaller i6 than the 135i comes with. The 135i is expensive as fug where I live due to co2 taxes

Same for honduh
>make a car on 2 wheels with a boxer 6
>upgrade it for 2017/2018 to DOHC, EFI, all the cool shit
>won't sell it as a crate engine
I mean come the fuck on, a 1.8L boxer 6, how awesome is that?

Just get an ej18. It's like basically the same thing

>5 cyl
>really nice engine
bait thread

I'm sure the engineers at VW have done their homework. Unlike you that's just some fag on the internet.

>Larger intercooler = more lag
No. Fucking normies

Unfortunately an ej18 doesn't fit into a smart roadster, what my grand plan would be. It's too wide. I did check out that option but thanks anyway for thinking with me user

>make nice engine
>ruin it with a car
thats like audis MO. They're like chinese knockoff of honda

There’s literally nothing wrong with the RS3

u sure about that

100% sure lad

autoexpress.co.uk/car-reviews/18191/audi-quattro-prototype

>Moving more mass of air requires the same amount of work
Fuck sake.

It's not the work were discussing, it's time. And yes there will be a time penilty when filling a larger volume, but it's tiny. A change of throttled volume has more influence on throttle response than the intercooler and airpath pipework.

Hey OP, I've found something you might like..

>Make a really nice Golf
>Ruin it by putting a pigfat inline engine in front of the front axle
Inline five engines are objectively shit compared to the I4 and V6. They are only tolerable when used transversely, because they don't suck as much there.

It's not as if it's running 30PSI straight from the factory.

Turbo V6 > Turbo I5, especially with Audi's Put-It-In-Front-Of-The-Axle (TM) all wheel drive system.

Just wait untill they start becoming available in salvage bikes.
A 135i with the K1600 engine would make even more CO2, since motorcycle engines are far less restricted in terms of emissions.
I'd love to put one of those, including the sequential transmission, into a 1602. Too bad it doesn't have ITB's, because that would be instant godmode.

>A change of throttled volume has more influence on throttle response than the intercooler and airpath pipework.
The intercooler and piping ARE the throttled volume in a turbo car.

elaborate

No. The throttled volume is everything behind the throttle i.e. the plenium and runners. The intercooler and air path are unthrottled hense the need for blow off or recirculation valves.

Then how come ITB's, with their lower throttled volume, have no significant impact on a turbo engine's throttle response compared to a single throttle body? It's because the effective ''throttled'' volume stays the same. The restriction in a turbo system is the compressor, in a naturally aspirated engine it is the throttle. The concept of throttled volume applies to supercharged cars as well, with the compressor being the restriction or ''throttle'' and thus being one end of the throttled volume (the other being the intake valves). However, the throttle does actually control air flow as per the user's demands.

When the user goes from zero to full throttle in a n/a car, the butterfly opens up, the engine starts sucking in air, and once the plenum and runners have filled, throttle response is achieved.
When the user goes from zero to full throttle in a (turbo-)supercharged car, the butterfly throttle opens up, the turbo starts spooling and sucking in air, which fills the piping, intercooler (optional), plenum and runners, after which throttle response is achieved. Note that changing the location of the throttle body will not change this - you can theoretically put the throttle body before the compressor and still not gain any advantage in terms of a lower volume that has to be processed before the engine's air demand matches the amount of air shoved inside.

It’s faster and better looking than your shitbox

I think you're confusing throttle response with transient boost response.
The later is much more sensitive to turbine a/r ratio, chra construction and engine calibration than intercooler volume or air path pipework diameter.