/domg/ Dominions General

Events Are Rigged Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin (UPDATED!)
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Modernizanation
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3306
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2856
mega.nz/#!02Ih2ZTD!3so8n2N0c1z4d4scZ67NYIjQcrYq15pBm2ECe4GTb3c
mega.nz/#!diRSAJKZ!ZZxqXaN5qE-5ruauJ4TnxL_1OGRjTwxoEJfCsxVTtxg
strawpoll.com/beahewc6
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=1577
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2844
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3407
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2740
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Background to the image, I was sending my pretender out to deal with my Giant Problem when it got hit with a random event halfway, wolf tribe shaman with werewolves. Pretender made short work of the even troops and was "rewarded" with a cursed amulet.

Good. Times.

Join the modnation game!

Add my nation and I'll join.

What's the name

How can the lizards of C'tis be herbivores i thought all reptiles were carnivores

New modnations game in nation submitting phase. Basically respond to this post with the nation you want and a download link, I'll slap them all together with a single .dm and prop it up on the llamaserver when I get home.

Look in the last thread, nigga, There were like 5 responses already

rekt

Imma be clowns.

Yeah, you are getting rekt.

At lyst I blyssed ym sacryds.

Now you can fuck right off with this, Pansexual.

What the pretender name?

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3306
I want to be these guys

I'll play Sargassia.
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2856

Pelagia, we can still have peace. Just leave me in my sea, you in yours, and together we can be an unstoppable UW team.

Harmless but hilarious

Xib
Good night

>tfw did five turns and got to script a lot of cool fights

>tfw you script a massive script in a sieged fort
>tfw the enemy never breaches

>not scripting the players
Step up your game.

iktf Ulm

honestly my worst offender there is as LA Pythium

why didn't you just breach my cap and finish me off, c'tis, it only would have cost you 500 tomb wyrms and now I have evo9

Hey I'll deathbasket you my pearl horde if you send some mass flaming death from afar at Ulm. You probably should do that anyway, since there's no way Jomon can stop them from winning at this point.

not that pythium, the one in an old rp game

i'll take you up on that as another nation though, soon as I finish this wat

Send me half the pot as thanks for removing dryads

So do you want pearls or not? Ulm is killing me and no one wants to help.

I'll kill anyone you want if TC gets off my dick

t. Arco

Ulm is weak. He has a but a few stacks of armies and cannot touch me. The oceans are mine and I suffer no losses. I have more prophets than I have temples, and my Dominion grows stronger.

Can I get Arco up in steamchat real quick? I seem to have made a misclick.

On that matter, does Caelum still need a temp-sub?

And I'm posting in this thread to get more.

LA Neritia that an user wanted to play just got updated.

Well you are wrong, there are plenty of herbivore lizards.

What nations are in already?

Ys you asked that I not head east but looking at the indies I'm facing I realize that I could have a smoother expansion if I took 165 then moved north. Would you be willing to draw the western border there?

There's all kinds of chaff in the conjuration tree for every kind of magic except astral, which is restricted to national summons like angels and the like. Are there any nations that are better off conjuring their armies?

I'm not sure its the best use of death gems but I am quite fond of casting host of gana as Lanka.

I think EA T'ien C'hi does that but they use national summons for Sacred Chinese demons never played them myself so take that with a grain of salt.

But you can move north from your current position just as well, I kind of fail to see how 165 enters into it.

Also, I have honestly never seen worse underwater indies than in this game. It's nothing but Ichtyids, Shark Tribe and Krakens all around.

I keep hearing that ox-head and horseface is actually a very good summon, and I know they're troops, so I guess there must be something to it.
The ghost vanara? What's so good about them?

They come in blocks of 20 and you get them at conjuration 2.

All nations use both recruitable and summoned units to an extent, but nations with strong national summons, wide blood access, or weak national troops tend to lean on summons more. Examples include Mictlan, Lanka, Agartha, and T'ien Chi. MA Agartha is somewhat of the gold standard for a non-blood summon focused nation, while nations with sacred blood summons tend to be really strong just for being able to field them in bulk.

I kinda do because I didn't find anyone, but since you changed the hosting interval to 48h and I already made preparations of splitting research appropriately and such like, you might as well let me stale 3 turns. Shouldn't be a big deal.

like what?

so would you say that the lizards or c'tis would look like anthro igaunas or anthro Ornithopods?

Tortoises and Iguanas for one thing.

Can some tell me all the lore for EA MA LA atlantis or direct somewhere with all the details?

It's actually a great story and one of my favorite parts of Dominions lore! The three Atlantises are actually not at all in the same place.

Atlanteans of all types never stop growing, with the larger ones being called Shamblers. They are incredibly adaptable, and can change quickly to suit their environment over the course of only a few generations.

EA Atlantis is defined by the Deep Ones. It was co-ruled by the Basalt Kings and Queens, but the Queens did all of the actual administration, as the Kings were distracted by studying the strange shapes that they saw in the dark crystal at the heart of their city. The Queens also began planting the seeds of a cult of humans. While very powerful mages and craftsmen, for the most part the kings weren't active in Atlantean society. The one role that they did play was jealously keeping the Mages of the Deep, which were the lighter skinned shambler mages outside of the deep one sub-race, from growing to strong, killing those that they deemed to be a potential threat. Though a largely introspective society living in the deeps, they fought against the Aboleths of EA R'lyeh who sought to enslave them and began to conquer Oceania before the star fell, throwing the deeps into turmoil. The Aboleth civilization was crushed entirely, but the Basalt City fell into ruin as well. One of the Basalt Queens was able to foresee the disaster to come and put a contingency plan into place, using the shards of the dark crystal to put some of Atlantis's most powerful soldiers in stasis.

Now here's where things get interesting. There were a number of survivors of the Atlantean civilization, and they spread all across the world. At least one of the Basalt Kings and a number of atlanteans went up into the flooded caverns of Xibalba. These would become the Muuch. What was most likely the largest group of Atlanteans settled in coastal reefs. Unchecked by the Basalt Kings, the former Mages of the Deep founded a magocracy,

EA- Live at the bottom of the sea

MA- Still living at the bottom of the sea, now with less Basalt

LA- Now living on an icy shore.

what are the deep ones and how do they differ from other atlanteans?

The now-called Kings of the Deep created a similar sort of co-rule with their priestess-queens, with the difference being that the side being more introspective was swapped. The Kings of the Deep took over the administration of the empire and used their magical powers to foster the cult of humans that the Basalt Queens had begun, teaching human mages to breathe underwater. Eventually, however, this civilization was conquered by the Illithids of R'lyeh, who canonically took over the seas entirely.

The Atlantis of LA is actually one of the many colonies that MA Atlantis had established. They were a minor, forsaken outpost, unique in that the refugee Kings of the Deep that settled there made a pact with a sleeping God to learn death magic to help survive on the icy shore. While the land-Atlanteans follow the Bone Cult and use ice magic, when LA Atlantis returns to the seas, they discover that remnants of their once great civilization remain and wish to fight for their homeland. Atlanteans had survived the Illithids by retreating into the ruins of the Basalt City and refounding their undersea society there. The last Basalt Queen, the one who had foreseen the impending destruction way back in LA, woke up and helped gather the survivors to liberate their home, waking the sleeping pillars.

Other Kings of the Deep retreated into Mictlan, where they reestablished a blood cult. When they established new colonies underwater, they too received refugees from the deeps, which had minor culture clashes with the Atlanteans that had grown used to life in the jungle.

The last Basalt King, who led the Atlanteans that would become the Muuch in the conquest of Xibalba, woke up after his turbonap and thought that he should lead the empire that he founded in conquering the world.

Similar to how the Muuch are adapted to caves, the Deep Ones are adapted to deeper seas. They are most likely an older subspecies than the toads - stronger, but dumber & more violent.

They got angler fish heads and are stronger and mostly dumber.

See:

Phlegton
Neritia
Smerv
Kirkostaculis
Elludia
Sargassia
Doom

Post a link to your nation so I can add it.

Get the files here:
Modernizanation pack: mega.nz/#!02Ih2ZTD!3so8n2N0c1z4d4scZ67NYIjQcrYq15pBm2ECe4GTb3c

Modernizanation-DOOM: mega.nz/#!diRSAJKZ!ZZxqXaN5qE-5ruauJ4TnxL_1OGRjTwxoEJfCsxVTtxg

Game page:

The game will be in EA (and I have shifted all nations to EA, the two MA nations now have fortera 1), so you should click on EA to make your pretenders.
The poll which only 4 dudes voted in: strawpoll.com/beahewc6

Grabbed the most recent one.

Notes:
>the links don't work because llamaserver adds an http:// before links when you add a mod, you can copy link location if you want to get to them from the game page.
>I just used the EA neritia banner because I'm lazy and its the first I added
>DOOM is a separate .dm because I would have to do a bunch of rewriting to put it in the pack

Start sending in your pretenders and let me know where I fucked up, because it's inevitable that I did!

Could you add in Sawaiiki? I dont know how they play but they got nice sprites.
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=1577

Firstly yeah the underwater indies I have encountered thus far have been ridiculous I'm glad I changed my god. Second I can go west into barbarians or north into turtle tribe but going for that one allows me to have everything neatly in position to deal with the FUCKING HORDE OF GODDAMN amber clan tritons in my capring in two to three turns and get a small bit of income along the way it doesn't have lots of pop from what my dominion tells me 2690 and 26 income either way I'll let it be your call. Should I go north though I'll probably go for 164 unless you have already managed to take it or the like 60-120 amber clan kill my god and make me hate the underwater life. If you already do have 164 just let me know now so I can re-arrange my expansion groups.

Krakens are easy tho. Ichtyids too if you have tanky expanders which everyone in MA does

Could you add EA Lentia too, please? Asking not for myself, but for another user who wanted to play, but was waiting for today's patch. He's offline now. If he comes online and won't actually play, I'll just look very autistic.
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2844

This is actually getting embarrassing now, you're losing a war to a meme bless even with the help of your Ulmish puppet. yes, that is over 1000 gold in mages traded for 400 gold of Einhere

Hope you're ready for the perpetual storm.

you or igors win this desu

I am planning on taking 164, yes. Though you can't get there without going through the Amber clan anyway.

Between 165 and 164 I'd rather take 164 since it's between 2 of my provinces already.

I'm in no position to win, I got Batted too hard and because of me meme bless I can't counter-elf. My only hope now is to help Vanarus win to spite bat shitters.

>inb4 t-that's only a turn of recruitment
>inb4 I-I d-din't need those gems
>inb4 my frogs will win the game when Perpetual Storm is up

Noted.
I'll wait until he comes and requests to play for himself. I'll do a V2 pack tomorrow with working links and then it will just be pretenders submission.

I'm not bats. Helping Vanarus win to spite them is perfectly valid. +1 for Malakal

It's pretty funny watching your battles, your Vanjarls don't even need to Evo, they're just banishing skelespam till the Zots mages tire out, then whatever chaff you have left or your War Bow F9 priests rout whats left. You'd think the bats would have some decent summons active at this point t b h

Vanarus is about 3 turns from winning, Vanheim is tiny and doesn't have the infrastructure to do much other than meme and kill my overproduced chaff.

If that's true and Vanarus is really that close to winning I feel extra vindicated, I know bats will deny any major commitment but the chaff and mages he's been suiciding against me surely would have been better employed messing with igors.

I don't believe that expression is meant to represent victory Mr Lewdperson

It's not a certainty though. All depends on how the next few turns go.

I'll say that I don't have high hopes for myself, but that's not surprising considering this is the first PBEM I've ever joined. I'm going to do my best regardless!

Ganbatte!

As LA Rl'yeh, how often should I be using my Void Gate? I've lost a ridiculous amount of mages to that shit...

I'd like to join the modnation game.

I have no idea which EA mod nations exist.
Can someone recommend me some either good or cool mod nation?
I'd prefer a download link.

You can pick a nation from any age. The admin can just change it. It's a 2-line change.

Hey admin I am away for the weekend, could I join after? Like Monday?

Ok then, but I still don't know the name of any nations.
There was HoMM3 necromancer nation recently created, right?
What was the name of that one?

I never played HoMM, I played Age of Wonders instead.

If you pick your nation, sure.
What user said. I just have to change their era and their fort level.

>There was HoMM3 necromancer nation recently created, right?
MA Deyja
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3407

Abysia got injured from a dropbear and staled. Might need an extension or the upcoming turn to see what's up down in NSW.

Ok, I'll claim Deyja.

I presume you have to make you mod with all the nations before I can join with my pretender.

I'll probably add in the mod nations as placeholders so you can submit your pretender tomorrow. Are you ?

And I just realized that I'm going to have to add in IDs for every unit in the DOOM mod user requested, so I'll just hold off on uploading a remixed .dm until I fix this shit (unless user pickd another nation).

No, I am not him.

>F9 War Bow Priests
Oh, that's what he was doing with that temple. I have to admit, I was wondering.

Nice going, cousin!

I posted in the steam tread but didnt hear news. Would like a 12 hr extension. Not certain I will need it but it is a complicated turn and I would like to get some sleep after all this travel.

There is a list of most of the mods available with nice preview images here user:

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2740

I'm thinking to start up an LA game sometime later today or tomorrow. I'm open to suggestions for everything: map/mods/thrones/etc. Lemme know what you cunts want and I'll make it so.

I was thinking of playing those guys. I used the priest dude with the yellow stuff for one of my asura guys.

Hexawyr, summod+WH+BA, whatever thrones

Here to request EA Lentia be added.

Make it big. Too many small games recently; I want to see late game matter more.

I havent picked a nation yet but can we make the game bigger? 8 player isnt doing it for me.

Well there are 9 now technically not counting you and I dont think the admin picked his own nation yet..

I'll make the game size whatever is necessary to accomodate the amount of interested players. So far we have 10 people who have selected a nation.
No one has submitted a pretender yet except Phlegton so the player cap isn't even relevant yet.

fix pls

Doom was fine, and I sent a pretender, but the other pack causes this

Sawaiiki appears to be missing one mage but thats seems to be just because the dude put a - into the DM instead of a #.

Also check out this fucking guy, A1 W1 and no randoms on a slow to recruit mage. At least he looks cool

Didnt mean to quote there.

don't die

Right, add me as Avernum then, MA Avernum Crystal Soul or something.

I will submit my pretender on Monday.

Trying, but living in D3 is rough.

Also one of the commanders needs to have a 1 added after coastcom