The kube

Tell me about the cube. Why does it wear the glass?

to make GM soyboys jealous

the cube is a nice comedy car. if i was poor and needed to buy cheap transportation i would get a cube or gen1 scion xb.

It's a big car

4^3

no if you were poor you'd finance the most expensive domestic car you could, you'd be driving a """fully loaded""" Chevrolet Cruze

remember, poor people are usually poor for a reason - they consistently make bad decisions

Test drove one and loved it. Amazing headroom, the comfiest drivers seat I've ever sat on (like grandma sofa comfy), reclining and sliding rear seats, like 15 cupholders, and a weed rolling tray on the passenger side.

The only thing stopping me from copping is that I hear the cvt is known to shit itself every 30k, and manuals are few and far between.

This.
Worst part is that after sending your 60th payment the car has already lost 70% of it’s value.

not a bad car but literally everyone will judge you for having one

I'm told the first gen XB engines are pretty solid albiet slow

Nissan tried to bring the kei car to the west

But this isn't a kei car at all

Why did you have to spell it with a /k/? Now all I can think of is to buy one from copart and cover it with guns.

Considering it as my first car desu. its pretty cheap.

because i was wondering if the trunk was large enough to fit a gun rack into. would be cool since it opens up all the way.

My very first car.

My mom has one and I've driven it occasionally. It's a bit underpowered, but the cargo space/length ratio is impressive. Only Nissan potentially worth buying tbdesu.

Don't tell me what i would do.

Unironically a brilliant car.
LIke the Multipla before it, it goes pretty far in the function>form department which is why it looks so weird and the few elements of style are ridiculous.
But on the other hand, you have absurd cargo room considering its size, great visibility and an all-arround very practical car.
But it looks silly so you need to be ready for that.

really, it is only good for city driving. cars like this fall flat in highway driving in terms of noise, economy and stability.

I like it.

Something that always bugged me is how the fuck did the Kia Soul kill off it's competitors like the cube, XB and Honda Element?

Because it’s more ‘normal’. It doesn’t have any of the quirky shit that makes it’s competitors unique, and it doesn’t look quite so silly. Also they marketed it aggressively towards poors, women, and minorities knowing they are stupid enough to buy a new shitbox

I appreciate this

>how the fuck did the Kia Soul kill off it's competitors
They were willing to have generous but long-term financing options offered to low-income buyers especially those Cash-for-Clunkers people that needed a replacement. I find myself judging the Soul on its clear coat paint job. The ones I see have dull clear coats or maybe their clear coat is easily marred? But other makes have nice clear coats even though they go through the same automatic car washes in my area.

If the Koreans are minimalist on clear coat expenditure, I bet they are minimalist on other expenditures under the hood as well.

Most people seem to hate this car, so I'll play devil's advocate I guess. My mom got one because she thought it was cute. White 2010 with a cvt, coming up on 70k miles. I used to drive it to high school sometimes to keep mileage down on our cars for insurance bs.

It's got ridiculous amounts of storage room in it. The ripples in the headliner are pretty cool (subjective) and people who are 6'6 and up fit in it with room to spare, several inches between the top of their heads and the roof. The CVT has been perfectly reliable (but my mom has maintenance done at the recommended times on the dot, and this is anecdotal for our specific vehicle. Idk about other cubes). It cruises at only 2.4k rpm doing 80mph, but it gets only 23-26 mpg at that speed. In terms of visibility it is the best car I have driven. Only a very small blind spot behind the driver's left shoulder.

People rip on it a lot on the internet, but irl nobody gives a shit when I took people for rides. The seats are comfy as fuck for no reason, the AC and heater work well enough to make you want to get out, and the sound system is damned good for something stock.

Honestly it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Sure, steering is dead and power is low, but so is the steering and power on every other new vehicle in it's price range. And you obviously aren't buying the car for its handling capabilities, or to do midnight highway pulls or quarter miles. Sure, some people think it looks ugly, but looks are subjective and only a special sort of faggot buys a car based on how other people think the car looks. The bad is mostly subjective, and it doesn't really try to be anything that it's not.

My major complaint with it is that the mpg should be better for such a small and underpowered engine.