How do you feel about bright, garish colors on cars?

How do you feel about bright, garish colors on cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tkaEpUBUQDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People can do whatever they want with the things they buy

Fuck off

Two words:
Thanks, doc!

if it works, it works.

Somethin' eating at you bro?

I personally thinks it works on really aggressive looking cars like the 911 GT3 RS, imagine that color scheme on a 911 Turbo S... it would look out of place.

this

but also this

the more aggressive the bodystyle is, the easier it is to work with an unsual color

I wish silver, white, and black were outlawed. Would brighten up the world a lot.

depends on the car but overall Im a fan

when its some stock looking shitbox with a neon paintjob it looks awful 100% of the time

I like when it's factory, or if it's on a specific car as an homage to a race team/car.

Otherwise it's generally tasteless, done by ricers or boomers who're obsessed with acrylic orange paint.

>filename

like this

this looks like complete shit

Thanks doc

More cars should just come in bright colours.
who is it hurting?

The wallets of car manufacturers and dealerships.

i like pastels on cars, since it makes them look unassuming
especially multiple colors with simple patterns (i.e. no crazy tribal shit or the like), and doubly so on race cars

Don't they have to put just as much paint on a car when painting it black or white?
i don't see how it cost more to do colour.
unless we are talking cheap shit econoboxes or something.

What do you think of Nardo Gray?

Meh

it's okay, but a bit too unassumimg

Not offensively boring but still kinda boring

>i don't see how it cost more to do colour.

lord have mercy, are you a truant? or are you this ignorant naturally? Im basing this on your reply and the hideous car you posted.

Let me guess, Australian right?

Porsche really has the best factory colors. No one comes close

are you trying to imply that's nardo gray?

Nardo Grey on that econobox looks fuckin atrocious

I want this on my '14 mustang.
Neat color.

And other people can criticize those decisions and tastes.

idk, bmw had some bangers too

I already got my dose, doktor.

I'm fin with it. It allows me to spot the shittaste and nouveau riche.

that color is great... but not on that car. The 8 series is a refined Gran Tourer and is best suited with black, silver, white, and shit even a dark green would work on it, but that purple? nah

sexy

Only on sports cars. Nobody wants to see bright green minivans and bright purple Camrys

aint it

Thanks doc

it's also a meme car so it was already trash

Oh man, if I had a camry I would wrap it in sick pearlescent violet-purple color and buy original BBS rims. Just because.

I'm still mad about the pink 440 satellite ad that was just a wife being mad at her husband
I almost hard a sweet car

that was a FACTORY mopar color in the 70s

I could argue the same about the porsche, I think they look more sophisticated and less cartoony in darker colors. That being said I would do terrible things for a rubystone red 964

thanks doc

aslong its not gold or chrome Im fine with it.

A car should be colourful.

My Deep Blue car is about as sober and dark as a car should be.

>I could argue the same about the porsche,I think they look more sophisticated and less cartoony in darker colors

Nah. the sportier trim Porsches can pull off the cartoony colors because they are genuinely crazy cars. You'll never see purple 911 Turbo S, which is an all around sophisticated super car. it comes in fairly neutral colors compared to the GT3/GT3 RS/Cayman GT4

What are you on about? There are turbo S cars in every color, either way >opinions

it does not have the same options as the GT3 RS

If you have the coin, yes, I've seen a sport classic grey GT3 RS. Nice digits btw

Im just saying most people who get a 911 turbo S get it in a subdued color.

Turbo S is literally a refined supercar, when you want to be loud you buy a the track rat GT3 / GT3 RS.

I fucking love that exact color I would have every single car I ever own for the rest of my life be in that color god if i could it's just perfect look at it holy fuck

It's called riviera blue.

Thank you. Riviera blue is the final word in car color for me. I wish everything in my life could look as aesthetic as riviera blue.

This color is called "Club Blau"

That's Evangelion tier.

Gulf Blue i think

This kinda looks like dakar yellow

not sure though.

Speed Yellow

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, depends on the car and the color really. A Lamborghini in grey would be gay as fuck just like an orange Merc.

FUCK i was wrong, gulf blue is the real color i love, riviera blue can go fuck itself. So much more subtle and delicate; an interesting and aesthetic color that isn't gaudy or overly attention-drawing. yes perfect

Nice quads

is right, if you have the money and connections you can get any Porsche in any color you want.

My old boss got his hands on a 2011 Speedster. They were only offered in pure blue and carrera white but he had his painted to sample in speed yellow. Of the 356 built it's the only one in that color

Only way to make an Audi exciting

only if it has a good name to go with it

reminds me of this
>youtube.com/watch?v=tkaEpUBUQDw

good color, ugly ass car

ugly car and terrible color

I like this one specifically cause it reminds me of Eva Unit 01. Others can be cool too. But it's their car, their choice.

People buy econoboxes in bland colors because they fell for the resale meme.

If it suits the car
I don't normally like this green but I really like it on this car.

I think purple and green rarely go well together. But change all the green parts to some really dark or really light shade of blue and that car would actually look kinda neat, although in different ways.

I like the purple but not the green.

>people's first instinct is to thank the doc over eva circlejerk

Dream car.

it sure beats the edgy "all black bruh" look most fast cars have

DAMAGED

I've been seeing more bright red, blue, and yellow economy cars lately.

Honestly, they shouldn't have much of a choice. The "keep your head down" attitude belongs in Japan, not America.