1st time Car Buyer here

1st time Car Buyer here.

So I am getting a Cherokee Latitude in a few days but my main concern is, how much should I put as a down payment?

It's about $17,000 after holiday rebates, trade in of my old car, and discount.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5sVmoOZRypk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends on how much debt you already have, your interest rate, and your income.

>Depends on how much debt you already have,
none

>your interest rate,
will not know until the dealership runs the credit score.

>and your income.
around $1300 a month

I also have a lot of money saved up. Won't say exact amount but enough saved up to buy two cars in full at this price.

>buying a shitty fiat
>buying a crossover
kys

Shitbox it the best first car.

How the hell do you save up 17,000 from making 1300/mo?

Oh, I read OP post wrong...

Good idea, get a car that is known for being a lemon to the point that it even had a meme song made about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=5sVmoOZRypk

This. Give the world an early Christmas present and kill yourself OP.

>How the hell do you save up 17,000 from making 1300/mo?

did you not read? I have enough money saved up to buy TWO $17,000 cars.

Plus this was leftover paycheck money I have saved up since 2013

my first car was a Highlander (good car but it has a FUCKTON of miles) and that was a hand me down from family

Then why waste your hard earned money on a shitty fiat that will depreciate super fast and be unreliable? What's wrong with the highlander? Mileage alone is not a reason to get rid of it.

>work for 5 years
>do absolutely nothing
>spend absolutely nothing
>eat noodles and never go out
>the entire cumulation of the past 5 years of your life will be spent on a depreciating asset that isn't even remotely fun or interesting

Why even breathe?

Don't buy a new car you fucking faggot. Of all cars you could have for that much you pick a soulless disgusting shitty fiat product. Off yourself.

>What's wrong with the highlander? Mileage alone is not a reason to get rid of it.

12 years
182,000 miles

and the new car is a Cherokee Latitude

>wanting to buy a boring lemon
the fuck is wrong with you?
why?

can you clarify the lemon?

Jeeps are renowned for being unreliable shit user.
they also have terrible customer service when it comes to getting faults repaired which there will be many.

never heard of a reliable jeep, ever, especially not a cherokee

see

96 Cherokee with the 4.0L? That was a reliable fucking jeep right there.

that's not a good reason a 12 year old highlander with 300k miles is better than a new "jeep"

OP I think you're getting too much hate but the new Cherokee isn't worth it. Look at other SUVs and compare them. Spend some time looking into what parts that are frequently replaced cost ie brakes, wiper blades, alternators, batteries. If you buy brand new, you might as well be the expert mechanic for that specific car before you get rid of it.

Do not buy a jeep cherokee.

Are you being serious right now?
it might have a reliable engine but everything else about those cars is fucked.
I had one for about 2 months, in that 2 months the fuel pump died, the alternator shit itself, the transfer case shredded itself, it got death wobbles at highway speeds and the straw that broke the camels back is the steering rack broke at 110km/h.

dangerous cars really.

>So I am getting a Cherokee Latitude in a few days
>financing it

Get anything but a fucking fiat product. Anything!

this, kill yourself OP

Lol, even the engine is fucked. My friend got a cracked head at 120k miles and a lifter tick at only 150k

>around $1300 a month
Why the fuck do you buy a brand new car with such salary? Jesus fucking christ, I earn ~100k but can't afford anything but used vehicles!
Kids these days live way over their budgets

>17000 after trade in
pls no

>counting trade-in when evaluating cost of vehicle
pls pls no

don't buy this piece of shit, is my advice.

jesus just let the kid get a jeep
not like he's buying a car to make you happy. if that's what he wants and will make him happy then let him get it.

>fix it again tony!

if jumping off a bridge made someone happy would you let them do it?

Post >yfw even though the Highlander is over a decade old and almost at 200k miles, it will still last longer and be worth more in ~5 years than any new Jeep/Fiat/Chrysler

OP, as soon as you drive that pos off of the lot it's going to depreciate by over a third of what you paid for it. In three years (if you sell it) it'll have lost another third if not more, and that's assuming it still runs at that time. Don't let any random internet strangers tell you what to do with your money, but you'd get better bang for your buck hiring overweight 50 year old prostitutes to just do lines off your dick

I have one with 256,000miles all original. Needs a new clutch. Maybe if you didn't buy vehicles that were hooned for its whole life you would have better experiences.