BTC too good to be true?

BTC is too good to be true right? I'm seriously thinking of putting all my life's savings into BTC (£30,000)

watching it over the last 6 months has been fun, I have had a go with some small money trading on poloniex (£500) and made a small profit, Fun but too much risk for me, but Bitcoin seems safe.

Buying £30k worth of bitcoin and holding for 12 months is a great Idea right?

What could go wrong? seriously?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointicker.co/networkstats/
twitter.com/rogerkver/status/837693293341257729
blockchain.info/en/unconfirmed-transactions
youtube.com/watch?v=PQXxT3WSURk&feature=youtu.be&t=1h20m50s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I'm seriously thinking of putting all my life's savings into BTC (£30,000)

Why not leave yourself a safety net and keep enough savings to get by if bitcoin crashes?

true value of btc, $0.00

xD

Don't sweat it. It will grow exponentially forever.

dont go all in at once, just start buying 100 dollars worth a weak, spread it out over time. maybe buy 200 if your thinking its a good dip buying time, but have self control.

also, just to start off, buy 1 whole bitcoin outright. then you have at least one to ride on, build from there 100$ a week at a time.

If Bitcoin does crash its not going to be completely catastrophic overnight though? If it crashes it would crash over a few days right? So I would have enough time to pull my money out?

And Yeah I have about £34k so I still would have 4k in the bank and a stable job etc.

many crashes are indeed catastrophic. Losing 30% in an hour is not unheard of. Please invest responsibly

Put some in BTC and some in ETH, ETH has some use besides transactions and has the potential to grow huge.

1 Eth ~ 20 dollars now, might reach the same highs as BTC.

Also the scaling issues and the forking potential scares me now to put alot more into BTC.

why though? 1000 is pretty insignificant.

Well obviously it wont go forever but over the next 12 months it looks golden right? And even if it drops a little its not the end of the world is it?

I have reason to believe target goal is 2000 for btc

>Losing 30% in an hour is not unheard of.

Im talking about buying and holding BTC exclusivley not random Shitcoins. I mean look at the graph.

You are not taking market cap into account. If ETH hits what BTC is currently at the market cap would be nearly 90 BILLION dollars

holy shit you are retarded

stop thinking with your dick for 1 second and realize that bitcoin is a broken coin with 60k unconfirmed transactions and will be crashing any minute now

All currency is only worth what someone will exchange it for.

>and some in ETH

Nah I'm not comfortable enough with it for large investment. BTC is the behemoth and has the "brand recognition"

ETH could drop 30% in a a day quite easily I think.

>and will be crashing any minute now

Any reading material to expand on this?

FUD
bitcointicker.co/networkstats/

Are u trolling, retarded or getting paid to say this?

Anyone who is denying the 25 billion crypto market is delusional.

twitter.com/rogerkver/status/837693293341257729

blockchain.info/en/unconfirmed-transactions

Here's a picture of it crashing more than 20% in less than four hours. I exaggerated a bit originally, but this is equivalent in terms of risk for your purposes. Not something to put your life's savings in

Nah, I think that's all shit. I know its called bitCOIN but, its more like digital gold. I don't think anyone sensible in 2017 expects it to be a currency used for normal day to day purchases.

Its being used worldwide as an investment, not the new dollar. Its digital gold not virtual cash.

>What could go wrong? seriously?
a lot of shit? Literally some chinese or american bank just has to release some made up inflammatory article and the price could crash massively. I believe in BTC over the long term but you're talking about putting your life savings into a speculative investment at ATHs.

a big problem with crypto is boomers with money are too tech illiterate to want to touch it/ use it. btc has this problem but eth has it 10 fold. Smart dapps wtf son? No one needs that shit.

well yeah but it has quite a strong trend line. I mean I expect it will crash quite soon from its current run back to about 900 dollars, but will continue upwards for a while after that.

Obviously its not risk free, but I'm happy to take some risk.

the hell you talking about?

I'm saying btc is toast. it's being run into the ground by the core team who are fucking proud and greedy to fix it.

literally any coin is a better buy than BTC right now. fucking pepe coin and trump coin even.

Some talk of Ethereum on one of the Twit.tv Podcasts. Time Stamp: 1h20m50s
youtube.com/watch?v=PQXxT3WSURk&feature=youtu.be&t=1h20m50s

>What could go wrong? seriously?
the government shuts it down once they realize a bunch of illegal shit is being traded using bitcoin.

>literally any coin is a better buy than BTC right now. fucking pepe coin and trump coin even.

I'm going to ignore you now.

>the government shuts it down
I know they could get upset and close exchanges and stuff but, ehh. I know this stuff is a gamble, but it looks so good.

>once they realize a bunch of illegal shit is being traded using bitcoin.

They already know this.

you're right, trump and pepe coin will probably be worth nothing soon, but btc won't be far ahead of them. not if blockstream has anything to do with it.