/assg/ - Asymmetrical Slasher Series General

This totally isn't a click-bait op image edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this August, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1354868867711911000/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

>Latest Patch Notes (F13)
steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/2333276539598578047/

Funzie data collection!
Vote!
strawpoll.me/13414504
strawpoll.me/13414516
strawpoll.me/13414526
strawpoll.me/13414539

I-is that a dead thread?:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IllFonic
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Media
rottentomatoes.com/m/jackals_2017/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Ace being the cutest

2nd for best girl

What's your F13 dream DLC?

Maps? Executions? Selectable weapons? Unique voice lines for each counselor?

I'm not first but I'm still here

AJ

I don't want dlc.
I just want it to be balanced

Everyone's got mostly unique voices, they just need to be unfucked.

For me though we've got a pretty good spread of executions, I definitely wouldn't say no to more but I really do just want more maps more than anything.

>tfw the only Doctor vote for now

>Remake Jason, Pamela, and maybe Roy Burns added
>New York or Boat Map from Part 8
>Give the counselors some exclusive lines so they feel different from each other
>Would be fun if they made it so different Jasons had different ways of getting killed. Tommy is needed for Part 6, while for Part 9 you have to find that magic dagger thing. Stuff like that.

>Log in to check shrine of secrets
>Already have the perks
>Decide to do a quick killer game
>4 legacy laudettes instantly get in
>They all have tool boxes
>Alt+F4

Didn't wanna play anyway.

More maps, a Camp Forestgreen
A machete variant Part 3 with no +Weapon Strength and a different perk set (in ref. to 4)
Jason X, Uber Jason, Hobo Freddy vs Jason

Reminder that the twitch shilling is only going to get worse.

>As you know, we are currently reviewing point attribution and win conditions for both killer (Victory Cube) and survivors. Tournaments will come after the whole rework.

>Inb4 they start balancing around it as their "highest level of gameplay"

I don't care if he's the scrub Jason, I love playing Part 3. He's my favorite Jason next to Manhattan.

>going to the discord
Please remove that link from the op.
No one deserves to be subjected to the autism that was spewed in the last 24 hours

Fuck off soap.

There's nothing wrong with part 3 really, people just hate them when all they do is asphyxiate and M1.

I like his axe executions and the head crush from Part 3 where they're facing the camera.

>What's your F13 dream DLC?
Tough call between a new Jason or new counselor. I'd say Pamela or Tina, though Uber Jason or Ginny are a close second. Part IV or Julius after.

>Maps
The boat and Manhattan

>Executions
Liquid Nitrogen

>Selectable weapons
A revolver

>Unique voice lines
That would be fun. The character backstories can actually be represented.

>Would be fun if they made it so different Jasons had different ways of getting killed. Tommy is needed for Part 6, while for Part 9 you have to find that magic dagger thing. Stuff like that.

That's cool. So shore, sweater, noose, makeup, 2nd floor, boat, dock, barrel, dagger, airlock, Freddy glove, and woodchipper.

>a Camp Forestgreen
Oh they could do something in single player with that map and kids actually being at camp. Like you have to protect them.

>Due to the Hag's speed, she has a shorter lunge range. Can you increase it to make her better in chases?
>"The Hag is currently very strong. Her slow speed is compensated by the teleportation."
>When the devs start believing memes

Guest slasher characters, A manhattan bay map, small one-time-use weapons like kitchen knives and cork screws, more depth to combatting Jason like adding a stagger instead of just full-on stuns, giving each Jason unique Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma's that are straight from their respective movies, give Part 9 his retard grunts.

>Guest slasher characters

See, I could see this actually working in the F13 framework. While I really like or at least liked Michael for a while, it's retarded that he's in DbD where he can't kill shit without tombstone or piece. If he or someone else was in F13 he could just butcher you like he should.

Pointless. They fucked the game by making Jason into a very set archetype. Would Myers break down the door with his knife or by kicking it?

Myers could just use windows.

Do you think they would honestly program an entire new set of skills/animations etc for a guest character?

What I mostly want is more maps and balance. Make some stats more imortant, give Jason 7 at least a boosted Morph, spawn Tommy with a pocketknife, that sorta thing.

Less important stuff I'd like to see:

Hockey mask design on the back of a jacket for Adam.

More counselor customization like sunglasses, hats, etc. Perhaps Halloween costumes that give them face paints and unique colored clothes, but only for Halloween cause I could see that looking stupid after too long.

Tweak some of Jasons strengths and weaknesses. Grip is useless since you can kill instantly. Maybe make +Grip harder to knock counselors free from his grasp?

If you knock each of Jasons mask off you get it as a trophy or perk with each granting different things that you equip in your perk loadout. Maybe even as a customization option?

>Maybe make +Grip harder to knock counselors free from his grasp?
Thats what we need. Make Jason stronger than he already is. The grab spam is strong with this one.

Boo hoo nigger, go slide on pallets some more.

>Very little counter play to Jason
>wants even less
Might want to grow a few brain cells before you make terrible opinions.

Make the virtual cabin the new start-up screen. So that if you own it, you could walk around and do all the shit that's in it right now BUUUT, add in things like collectables in the main game that would decorate it further. For instance; escaping with jason's mask has a spot on the wall for each mask, a board to look at your badge progress, a cassette player with your pamela tapes (lol) scattered around it. And for the Coup de grace; a TV that you could watch the ACTUAL f13th movies on. They'd probably have to sell each individual movie as DLC to pay for the rights and line their jew coffers, but I think it'd be fucking sweet.

That wasn't me, the one who suggested the grip thing. Mainly mentioned it trying to toss ideas out on how to fix some of Jason 7s strengths/weaknesses. Having grip strength as a strength is kind of like having only two since it's useless.

Something like that would be pretty neat as just a thing to have.

try again. soap wouldn't use shadshit images

should I get brutal strength or enduring

Brutal strength first.

Brutal Strength should literally be #1 priority if you're gonna play killer and aren't already some kind of nurse virtuoso.

And #2 should be Whispers or something else for tracking. Monitor & Abuse is also top tier for some killers like Michael.

Oh, here's an idea.
Since we got NES Jason... why not an NES counselor? Adapt one of them from the original LJN game to the new one.

>On the new killer
>"I'll just pass by nonchalantly to state, for the record, that this one specific theory about the new, free chapter is in fact absolutely not true."

Thank christ, I didn't believe it anyway but it's fun that all the twitchbabs and actual retards who thought it was gonna be whatever that shitty looking movie is got btfo.

How much of this playerbase is legit underage? Like the amount of people that bought into that stupid shit, that bought into LE BUNNAY MAN because they probably just heard about it in a youtube creepypasta video, that constantly kiss miserably unfunny and zero charisma streamers asses, it's bizarre and I can't think of any other explanations than children being easily led around.

>Blocking out your name
>Whining about private profiles

I don't get why people get mad about private profiles. I've had survivors sperg out at me over it and it's like nigga, you're making the best case right now for why I should just keep it private, I don't want a bunch of autistic slavs and chinamen and shit stalking me because I killed them.

Because they're the kind of fags you just described, they're salty shitters scrambling to find something to blame for anything.

Hey is friday the 13 worth it?
the price tag i mean, i heard it was lacking content

No. Save your money and buy something else instead, since the devs are shit and haven't patched the Xbox version for over 9 weeks now, and the Steam version decided to erase a few accounts when the team went to SDCC.

It really shows that it has the same team working on the core game that helped to create Sonic Boom on Wii U.

>it has the same team working on the core game that helped to create Sonic Boom on Wii U

My bad, they also worked on Star Citizen as well

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IllFonic

Since I'm assuming Gun is doing actual publisher stuff and dealing with the public, while Illfonic is straight up code monkeys

Nah. It was most fun during the rrlease hype, but there's really no reason not to wait for a sale

What a terrible fucking track record, sonic boom was shit but i dont think start citizen even has been released yet and is basically vaporware now. thanks for the warning user.

>One Movie character already
>He doesn't know the publishers who are fucking thirsty for movie tie ins
Yeah there was clearly no indication it might have been a movie character.

It really puts into perspective all the stuff wrong with the game, like someone hitting Jason and sending him flying across the map, or placing bear traps down and having the physics fuck up so badly that it catapults players into the air, or in one fucked up case of my own on video, be Jason and morph into the water only to fall through the map and die. Also explains why it's taken them over 9 weeks now without progress to pass the certification phase on Xbox.

Meanwhile, their pals at Gun are literal whos in Kentucky

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Media

The only thing F13 has going for it at this point is the license, which the owners felt they could attach to a game already in the making and get royalties, or else just sit on the license and keep getting nothing.

Game's a lot of fun, just wait for a sale, like the price tag really is the only point of contention a lot of fags have anymore after they lost their manufactured drama shit. For all the "Buh muh content" shit it has a lot more to it than anything else in this genre, but it is still pricey admittedly.

Frogqueen called him a bunnykiller as a joke which a lot of people took as confirmation and posted around ribbit, because they don't know what a joke is.

>A movie character from an old classic horror franchise, which by this point is dead as a doornail barring the "maybe" that is that F13/Halloween thing
>Thirsty for movie tie ins
>"Let's pick this literal who derivative shitpile nobody's heard of or cares about, surely these guys have a lot of money!"

There was below zero evidence it was ever gonna be whatever that z-grade mess is, the ""evidence"" was like "DER'S A BABY IN THIS MOVIE, LULLABY, BABY, LULLABY, I GOT IT!" and autismos still desperately wanting some kind of fursuit killer like muh rabbot male for god knows what reason.

I'VE FUCKING GOT IT BOYS
the donnie darko killer
power he can manipulate watch the movie which can go in one or two ways, speed him up or have him teleport to where he was previously.

Honestly, I'd be more hyped for a meme bunny killer than this masked nobody.

>dead as a doornail
I guess it would be too much to expect literally any sort of research.
>Thirsty for movie tie ins
>John Wick
>Point Break
>Hardcore Henry
>Scarface
>surely these guys have a lot of money
Free license= Free advertising
I guess thats what I get for expecting any sort of intelligence.

Oh man, I missed that part where Dead by Daylight is being developed by OVK and not some hack frogs. Also again, Halloween is next to dead as far as properties go, it came in because it was a recognizable/classic horror icon, all those others are big name movies or likewise at least a classic in Scarfaces case, nobody on planet fuckin earth is chomping at the bit for ~Jackals~ content dude, nobody knew it, nobody cared or cares, now that it's disproven nobody will continue to care.

>Free advertising
>Via a movie nobody had ever heard of and starring literal who's with painfully generic villains

>Oh man, I missed that part where Dead by Daylight is being developed by OVK and not some hack frogs
Other functions usually performed by the publisher include deciding on and paying for any licenses used by the game. Guess who the publisher owns.
> Halloween is next to dead as far as properties go
New movie next year. You think the research hint would've made you actually check instead of double down.
> all those others are big name movies or likewise at least a classic in Scarfaces case
Oh yeah John Wick was a huge movie franchise.
Point Break looked amazing with its literal who cast.
Hardcore Henry with its 2-3 million dollar budget made by a youtube music video creator.
Scarface another old movie with a remake do out.

John Wick had Keanu Reeves front and center and it was immediately met with a ton of love and same for the second, Point Break was shit but it was remake of a classic so it was gonna garner a bunch of eyes either way, Hardcore Henry was also getting a ton of praise for being such a novel thing even before it came out, Scarface needs to be left alone from the constant shitty remakes so many good movies are getting. Also I literally noted "dead property minus what miserable thing that upcoming movie might be" before you turbonigger.

All of that combined still points to about a million more things in all of their favors compared to THIS rottentomatoes.com/m/jackals_2017/ which a grand total of nobody knew about or was anticipating before it became a micro meme for a whole minute there on shitholes like ribbit, because children were trying way too hard to stretch for karma backpats for figuring out the new killer. If you're trying to get exposure and advertising from tie-ins, you get tie-ins with something that ANYONE knows or cares about, this isn't rocket science.

Honestly, maps+extra Jason's. My personal hope:Jason X and a space map. I think it would really get people excited, and bring some traffic to the game. I'm ok with stuff like generic counselor voices, the current game mechanics etc. It's a fun game, but not super competitive so to me those things aren't really important. But variety would be really nice.

>Directed by [Image not found] whose only other movies are 2 of the horribly rated SAWs and everything else (2 other movies) are horribly rated also
>Studio: Shout! Factory
>Official trailer has like 15k views

Like if you were shooting for advertising and tie-ins, for what purpose would you ever even consider this shit.

Very hard to call. I know I do not regret purchasing it for the fun I've gotten out of it but on an objective basis I don't know that I could recommend it at $40. You're also at an inbetween point, where you'd be buying it at the back end of the starting hype, but before any sale. But waiting for a sale further risks it might be in worse condition by that time.

Yeah I like playing him with retro skin. Pity you don't get the music as Jason. It's also useful that it kicks in late as him, gives you better chance at ambushing counselors.

Snow covered maps. It would break the shit out of the game and is not based on any movie but it would be cool.

I like the idea of weather effects and for it to have some impact on gameplay. For example, snow reducing visibility or reducing stamina more quickly.

There's files in the game for rainy maps already if you're willing to settle for something realistic.

This image is pretty horrible but in-game
she is the best girl

That sounds pretty slick honestly, I could definitely do with some dark rainy nights like 5's opening or stuff like that.

Yeah, that would be cool

I also think the sun should start rising with about 2 mins left in the game.

A late in the day map or something like that would be cool imo, I feel like yeah it's good for the usual kind of "OH SHIT HE'S HERE" spooks and stuff but if you have every map be night time then it sort of wears thin.

>Scripts for vision exploit
What did he mean by this?

Is Bloodhound any good? Figure I might as well ask since it's on the shrine, I already have Brutal Strength because who doesn't, but either way I never plan on putting points on poor Ojomo until they make him not worthless so now would be the time.

literally shit that outlines survivors for killers so they dont have to actually play the game and search. they can just see where survivors are across the map at all times. I think some scripts can also teleport you on top of them so you dont even have to walk.

There are better but it's not trash. It sucks when it comes to things like grass. You can play the game without it fine too if you know what you're looking for but the perk makes it much easier.

They said the top 10 theories that have been passed around are wrong.

That includes Native American inspired and Egyptian which were the top two "good" theories, so this is a complete crap shoot of shit.

I said it in the last thread, but I bet you it's gonna be -basically- one of the theories we already have, but they're just saying it's all wrong because nobody's guessed the bullshit exact every single syllable description.

"It's a native american, navajo specifically, that's all part animal-y almost like but not exactly a skinwalker or shaman!"

Get Enduring

>shadman

What's it good for? I might not be gleaning something from the description, but it's so easy to spook people into dropping pallets and sanic speed break them already that I don't feel like I need a stun reduction on them really.

>playing on blood lodge
>only 3 people load in with 5 gennies
>Doctor catches a Meg and hooks her then proceeds to spam his zaps all over her without so much as moving
>slowly creep up without being seen and unhook her while his back is turned
>Meg sprint bursts away around a corner and Q&Qs into a locker, I run in circles around the locker to make her scratch marks look like mine and pull agro for her
>lead the Doc on a goosechase around a jungle gym for a good 4+ minutes before manages to hit me
>round the corner and duck behind some debris and he losses track of me
>he immediately disconnects
>this was his load out

WEW LAD

pretty embarrassing

>Survivors and killers now have 4 perk types of which they can only run one of in their builds.
>Survivors have Stealth, Survival, Aid, Technician and Sense
>Stealth being perks like: Soul Survivor, Calm Spirit, Light Weight, Urban Evastion, etc
>Survival being things like: Sprint Burst, Lithe, Self-care, Iron will, Unbreakable, etc
>Aid being things like: Leader, Street Wise, Prove Thy Self, Borrowed Time, etc
>Sense being things like: Bond, Empathy, Alert, Premonition, Object of Obsession, etc

>With killer sides being broken down in similar fashions

Could such a change help with perk diversity or just make it worse?

Now lets his playtime vs yours and the loadout you had.

Frogs would just make everything able to perfectly synergize on surbibor and killer would have all their actually worthwhile perks in the same slot.

With enduring you can get a lot more aggressive with going for hits while they're next to a pallet and usually trade a hit for a stun. Speeds up the process of running them out of pallet loops

They should introduce a feature so that if you reach level 101 your rolls for perks go down to costing like 100 cp or something. Give people incentive to reach it

Makes enough sense, will probably just get that then, Overcharge I'll have soon enough anyway too since I've been on a Doctor kick, he's fun but I really hope the remake actually does something good for him.

Here are my training wheels.

I have no idea what his playtime was because his profile was private.

I don't see why someone would rage quit with the doctor especially when he had those perks.

>especially when he had those perks

What Brutal strength 2? Big help on one of the most pallet heavy maps.

>Big help on one of the most pallet heavy maps

Seriously when are they going to do something about this retardation, Lery's can have a fucking ridiculous number of them really often, as if that map's not bad enough already.

Is there any better feeling as Evan than putting your trap just on the other side of one of those trash window walls near a hook, sticking a guy on that hook, walking back over toward it as their buddy came for a save and watching them bail straight for that window hop. Every single time it's like I watch it unfold in slow motion until the SNAP.

Oh I just noticed he had Bitter murmur. Good job on bullying a noob with less than 100 hours.

They did lower the number during a ptb but all the suvivorbabs screamed so they added them back.

Exactly.

He had a good perk load out, we were down a person, and he was playing as the free whispers character.

Literally no reason to quit.

How do you deal with ruins?

Cause this perk.. is way too annoying. Devour hopes? Alright. You can one shot me, after all i've freed the other without being careful. Thrill of the hunt? No problems.

The thing with ruins is, that it takes so long to makes a generator, which gives the killer more time to patrol gens and makes his kick even more powerful on the gens. It's really fucking annoying. How do you find hex totem?

>not being able to consistently hit great skill checks

how's that sub rank 10 life

You just find it. I really can't give any sympathy for Ruin or any Hex perks anymore with all the times my goddamn lit up totems have spawned right next to survivors. Like oh boy, I love having a perk permanently turned off as soon as the trial starts.

Tell me your secret.
How do you consistently hit great skill check? Did you measure exactly the time between pressing spacebar and the tick stopping? Did you measure exactly how long it would take for the tick to go into the "Great" success zone?

>How do you find hex totem?

If someone gets downed early into the match check that area. Or just run around like a mad man and listen for the burning sound when you know the killer is in a chase.