/brit/ Thread

/brit/ Thread

>Currently 5” of snow where I live
>Took gf to work and every BMW I saw was either crashed or revving themselves sideways

I guess the BMW driver meme is real

Sup fellow bong
I had a fun day out in london planned but a few miles from my house the snow came and i started to hydroplane. So i went home ;_;

I saw a bmw mini getting stuck it was funny

Can confirm, already saw a couple of wrecks.

First time driving in the snow, haven't even skidded slightly yet. Ty Canada's Worst Driver.

Rwd without snow tyres on snow is suicide.

That's because no one has snow tires for the 2 days it snows every 5 years.

opel master race here

What the fuck are you poms doing?

t. V body

I really don't get these idiots who use summer tyres with RWD cars and are surprised when it goes badly. I have all seasons on my 530i and have never had an issue. It is a lot better than FWD / AWD cars with summer tyres. We should take a leaf out of Germanys book

>tfw no snow

It's just rained so far.

>revving themselves sideways
But what if im doing that on purpose?

Did you catch any with the snow chains on the front wheels?
The bmw driver meme is too real.

>mfw I bought a car this summer with unknown season tires

I've only bought all season tires and didn't give a fuck. Are you supposed to keep switching tires based on season?

>In train of cars making steady progress in the well trodden lane of a dual carriageway
>Discovery ploughs past in the snowy lane shitting slush over everyone
>Astravan aquaplaning behind the Disco at 60mph using 1.5 lanes to make progress

Wankers

Check out my baby girl guys!!! She's never seen snow in all her 28 of roasting under the Spanish sun

LIMPIAME GUARRO

Land rover master race. I went to the shops and didn't even die.

>NOBUENO in trueno font
fuckin kek lad

>Are you supposed to keep switching tires based on season?
You don't need to, but there is a persistent myth that "summer" tyres will have all the grip of a block of ice once the temperature drops below 7ºc and winter tyres will literally melt at temperatures above 7ºc. In reality just drive slower when it's cold.

I recently went from a relatively lighter car with all-season tires to a heavier car with summer tires (looked up the tires on the car). Both cars are all-wheel drive.

I recently was driving in heavy rain at the speed limit (so I probably should have been driving slower) and felt sort of like the newer car drift around the road a little.
Was that sensation false due to the heavier feel of the car, or real because heavier cars do worse in rain or the tires were not all-season types that I'm accustomed to?

I'm going to pick up my new s13 next weekend. Driving it back from blackpool to London. How fucked am I?

Next weekend you'll be fine. Plus the motorway is salted anyway.

>tfw bouncing my fwd shitbox off the rev limiter at every light
Feels good

Why wouldn't you want extra traction on the most important wheels? The ones that make the car turn and stop.

Did you attend driving school?

dont let immigrants splash filthy beck water on your car lads

all season tyres fucking suck I'd rather slide about a few days a year in summer tyres

>Was that sensation false due to the heavier feel of the car, or real because heavier cars do worse in rain or the tires were not all-season types that I'm accustomed to?
Summer tires are supposed to be better in the rain than all-seasons. Maybe yours were a bit more worn, or your new car's AWD was more rear-biased than your old one's.