Destiny 2 BETA is LIVE (on PS4 + Xbone)

But That's MY Sword Edition

>>>NEWSD1 RESET INFO

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/831241/ca6c079476/
youtu.be/JjwaK8RvsxI
youtu.be/Y1OjUWw43co
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. He lacks both the IQ, and the impartiality, to comment on the story.

He makes a lot of assumptions. He assumes that once the traveler's light is taken you die, but you've been in plenty of places where his light could not reach you and didn't die.

Desinty 2 is a ded game made by a ded studio in the design of the ded. All it will ever do is suck. It does not belong here. This is a place of fun.

He replied to an inquiry I had about the Vanguard barely knowing who the Red Legion were and said he was joking.

>This is a place of fun.

What time today does the beta go live for people who didn't preoder?

if it's like the other days, 10 am pacific

Halo 3 had thousands of machinma videos, i was wondering why destiny didn't.

nah, because even if the plot involved the city seeing the invasion coming, we'd still end up with the same game

lack of private matches until Y3

forge

>implying shitposting in /dg/ isn't fun
Also that image is fucking hilarious, and I've never seen it before. Thank you.

Open BETA start times for those who didn't pre-order

List your mental illnesses, Deus.

Autism, clearly.

Yeah same

yw

source

exhentai.org/g/831241/ca6c079476/
(C87) [SYOKUHINTENKABUTSU (kuen3)] Maekawa Miku vs Predator (THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS) [English] {KFC Translations}

The only Destiny content is that one page after the main story. Here's the unedited page.

>Using Gjally at templar
>not sleeper
this kills my boner

Gjallarhorn is generally better for Templar though.

We have a stacked team for our speedruns that's five sleepers and a runner, and we generally down him faster than any other team I've been on

must just be my autism then

>2017
>making/watching machinima
youtu.be/JjwaK8RvsxI

>speedruns

yeah you didn't have to tell me you had autism, i figured that out

haven't played destiny in 2 years how's the beta?

>implying I can't enjoy cute shit AND JoJo
Do you hate fun?

Also, what anime do you think influenced Destiny? We already know about Appleseed...

eh

kys weeb

there is loads of weeb stuff, i myself cant wait to get my hands on that 1 handed katana sword that hunter used in the gameplay reveal

I thought the Phosphorus was pretty mediocre, but switching the Scope to Flash and the mag to Phase makes it significantly more reliable.

>Do you hate fun?
yes

> what anime influenced Destiny?
warframe, obviously

I'd put money on BLAME!

Let me quantify speedrun here. It's for challenge mode and we get together to get through it as fast as possible, rather than fumbling around for people who 1. have no idea what they are doing but won't tell us 2. randies who start fights

it was born out of someone telling me that vengeance is better than hunger (which is what I run to save my exotic slot) because you get a little more damage but no tracking. Then he proceeded to miss all of his crota shots, and THEN who literally screamed at us after he botched running the sword at crota (read: didn't even get a hit in before he was launched to space) and when we told him we were just going to do three runs, he literally said "BUT MY REPUTATION" and ragequit. We usually have fun, we're not sweaties who freak out about not doing things perfectly every second. but we do like to get through templar fast.

its good for both PvE and PvP too. mags a little low with Phase but not awful.

Omolon guns looking to be GOAT

Destiny is the K-ON! of vidya

who's your favorite k-on, whatever memeber of drinniols anime shitposting group this is.

Not today, I took my anti-depressants.

Well stop.

Destiny had been in development for years by the time Warframe came out, and it isn't anime.

Akira, probably. I'd bet on Ghost in the Shell, too.

>drinniols anime shitposting group

Its the leader himself.

Ritsu is best. I want to cum on that forehead!

>space teenagers with catanas and supersuits aka small evangelion
> not anime

>likes 5heads

for shame

> Its literally the same game

Cowboy Bebop, for Hunters.

Why do people get so upset at bungie calling it a beta?

reminder 95% of you complaining are still going to buy this shit even if they don't change anything from the beta

here? everyone is from /v/ and they heard once that betas are more like marketing demos and so now every single beta ever is a demo no matter what or who puts it out.

95% of us already paid money for the game, frog

Some armor designs (notably Titan Snowglare helm) draw on the Eva units in Neon Genesis Evangelion.

>western company
>video game
Young adult wish-fulfillment stories are not unique to Japan, friend.

95 pay for game

This

I'm not upset, but a beta is supposed to be the pre-bugfix form of a feature-complete product. This is less a beta than it is a demo and server test.

Needs a headband

I wonder why they call it a beta then? Do you think it's just that people are associating beta with demos and so it's starting to gain that association?

maybe if she had a mask on or something, too much 5head and she looks like an ayylmao

>server test

pssst thats what a beta is.

Trigun, Vash may have been another Hunter inspiration.

Inviting portions of the playerbase to beta tests is sort of a tradition in video game studios. What happened, I think, is that as the internet gained steam, spoiling all the game content became a thing, so studios started releasing "limited betas" to cut down on that, with the result that what you get isn't really a beta anymore.

>pssst thats what a beta is.
No. Server testing is one of the things a beta is for, but basically, a beta is supposed to test EVERYTHING about the game. That's what it is. It's when you stop development and go full steam testing and squashing bugs. Literally, a beta is when you invite a bunch of extra people (not normal members of your QA team) to use your product and try to find bugs or other issues.

Server problems are one of the things, but they're hardly the only thing. And limiting the content, and the systems, available to test, means that the final product will have a lot more bugs in it.

Destiny 2 is going to be the same garbage we were fed when Destiny 1 released if not worse than what we'll get now. They have no plans for actual improvement and zero plans to go big with the project as was originally intended, please don't give them your money.

>They have no plans for actual improvement
>improved almost everything

The first mission is already a vast improvement over Destiny 1 Vanilla, how can you say there are no plans for improvement?

>No. Server testing is one of the things a beta is for, but basically, a beta is supposed to test EVERYTHING about the game

yeah senpai, maybe if you're a developer. a public beta, for public consumers, this is what it is.

protip: they have a private beta that is the full game.

>a public beta, for public consumers, this is what it is.
No, they just use words wrong because tradition.

We will be getting even more simplified classes/subclasses than D1, stats are locked, we have less places to go, other than actual clan invitations there seems to be zero other push to improve socializing, ships still do jack squat, we will not get private matches, etc.
Essentially they told us from the beginning they wanted to bring an MMO to the table, they failed the first time while improving along the way in the first iteration along with the expansions, which was fine considering that it was still an enjoyable experience. D2 rolls around and its shaping up to be the exact same, but with less content.

use a word enough and it becomes a part of what that word means.

its a beta, get over it autismo-tron.

It's not a real beta-test though, the game releases in almost two months and all they can really do is iron things out. The bulk of the content has already been made.

so what you're saying is its a beta test. because the game is complete and now they're ironing out bugs... aka a beta test.

I don't see the simplified classes as a bad thing. There were so many junk options in D1 that it might as well have just been the main perks. Who didn't use Firebolt with Touch of Flame? It feels like the only real things they got rid of were the stat boost perks which did little to help.

We may have less places to go but most of D1 was just dead space.

The lack of social improvement and private matches are a shame. I'll agree with those two points at least. The other points I feel like are personal opinions.

Technically, yes. However beta tests in the past, during a time when much better games were releasing, took place well over 2 months before release.

private matches are coming after launch and the game has in-game LFG now for most end-game activities.

>back in my day
we get it grandpa.

Tell me, how many MMO's have you played? Which ones?

Ah, didn't realize that about private matches and the in game LFG. Then what was the other poster talking about? What else would you do to improve socializing?

Same amount of planets as D1 launch, not less but they will be bigger.
Private matches are not available /at launch/
They never used the word MMO and in fact shy away from the term.
D2 was told to give twice as much content as D1 at launch, everything in the future is up for grabs.

tell me, why bring up MMOs when talking about an online-focused FPS.

I don't really play MMOs and I guess that might color my view of destiny since I see as a FPS first.

Well, Destiny is a MORPGFPS, which has a number of similarities with MMORPGs, even if it can only have a small number of players in a single instance.

Destiny is not a MMO

Everytime.

There's only one 'M' in MORPGFPS, user. Can you figure out what the acronym stands for?

number of similarities doesn't mean its fair to criticize it for being something its not.

Fuck off retards, this game is a unique shared world instanced based shooter, it may have a few resemblances but Destiny is a hybrid of many game genres and archetypes. See

No forge, custom games, or theater mode

>unique
Lol, unique for being a shadow of what it could be.
Well private matches certainly didnt come /at launch/ and we had to wait years for a simple concept to be implemented. Also, you are correct about D1 launch locations, but it simply does not make sense for Bungie to abandon 2 planets, the moon, Hive Ship, the Reef, and the locations on Earth. But we shall see of course, all I'm saying is that Bungie could make a game that is stamped in vidya history as a truly memorable and great experience. But it will never happen if they keep pushing the same stuff, things are become way too simple.
Shared world shooter is what Destiny is, but a SWS pales in comparison to what an MMO is. I think Destiny could become a true MMO as it already has some basic tenets of one.

>shared world instanced based shooter
You mean, like being multiplayer, and online? Drawing on role-playing game elements, like leveling systems, classes/subclasses, talents/perks, gear collecting? And it clearly has first-person shooter gameplay?

In what way is MORPGFPS not an accurate description?

And it has further MMO similarities, such as daily and weekly quests, dungeons, raids, public zones to explore. Destiny draws non-trivial amounts on the MMO genre, even though it isn't one itself.

I don't even know what you're arguing about with that other user at this point. But MMOs are a valid point of comparison when it comes to one of the elements Destiny shares with them.

youtu.be/Y1OjUWw43co
Remember this?

Bringing back old locations would make a sequel pointless, might as well keep everything and make it a DLC.

Hey isn't that the gameplay reveal for Bioware's new game Anthem?

Zone chat like PC is going to get.

I'm not saying bring back those old locations, I'm saying bring those old planets back. The areas we patrolled on Earth still was not the entirety of the wall, and space is something that is not even explored in terms of gameplay.

If they bring back old planets, they better have different tilesets or the community will scream rehash.

Thats not the hard when you're in a sci-fi setting man.

>Saturn
>mercury
Fug

>skipped to a random part
>OhOHoHo but this cutscene right here ruins the-
dropped he's just shitposting
but instead of (you)s he gets youtube cash

people are already complaining D2 is the same game and now you want them to bring back old planets with recolors? are you fucking insane?

The definition of insanity of doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results, so yes, he is.

Never...ever...

Is Rumble seriously not going to be in D2 at release?

And if it is, these small pvp maps are going to make it a clusterfuck.

>Also in the blog post, beta design lead Rob Engeln said another major purpose of the Destiny 2 beta is to, of course, gather feedback about gameplay and balance. He clarified that the version of Destiny 2 that this beta is based on is actually "months old," so the feedback players send in is more about validating choices that were already made.
So why didn't they give us the newer build?

Why would you even assume that?

I hope some maps are build for big team slayer. I don't understand why bungie just doesn't do it how they did it in halo 3.

Because Bungie is trying to force all these objective based PvP modes as if D2 was an e-sport.

They're lying.