Why are cars so boring nowadays?

Why are cars so boring nowadays?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_FIA_R-GT_Cup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its because you're too poor to afford fun modern cars. Don't worry I'm poor too, except I've had the chance to experience a few modern fun cars. stop complaining on Veeky Forums and start experiencing shit, faggot.

Because most people view vehicles as nothing more than an appliance to go from A-B. The easiest way to experience this is view adverts from 10, 20, 30 years ago and compare them to current advertising. Marketing targets the largest audience for sales.

Health and safety nonsense, manufacturers having 'too much tech' and not knowing when to stop stuffing their cars full of it and the appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Cars have always been boring. You are making the mistake of comparing the number of fun and interesting cars made over several decades to the cars currently being built. 30 years from now someone will post a mini convertible or something and complain that their self driving transport pods aren't as fun as ours.

wrong.

there are plenty of fun cars "nowadays" you just are delusional and poor

Because of safety and environmental protection, as are all aspects of modern life, not just cars. I mean, protecting the environment is fine and dandy, but they could really do with a little less of protecting us from ourselves. It's my life and my problem if I end up dead.

wrong.

>huge
>heavy
>rounded off plastic everywhere
>ten million airbags

i see this before
what animr is this

It's the same basic shape as every other Beetle since the 1940's and it's got more than enough power and suspension for all the fat.

>2,955 lbs
>385 hp
>keeping you alive is a bad thing.

stupid edgy faggot, I'm willing to bet you've never driven anything with more than 115hp.

its a Cayman not a 911. and even then its not anywhere close to the 1940s beetle.

Because american roads are awfulk american drivers are awful, and thus american cars are awful because good cars are wasted on you.
Your local authorities are actually de-paving roads and turning them back to dirt to save money on maintaining them. How long before they rip up the freeways?

>huge

miata wheelbase is 90.9
the cayman gt4 wheelbase is 97.4 to 97.8

please kill yourself you shitposting busrider

You don't need more than 115 hp in the right car.

you're right, but you used the absolute worst possble example. A mazda miata is 100x better than a shitty british car.

That being said there's nothing wrong with having 300+hp in a chassis that weighs a little under 3,000lbs. Or a car producing 627 hp and weighing 2500lbs. (pic related)

nice moving the goal posts btw.

>A mazda miata is 100x better than a shitty british car.
Wrong, because you're less involved even in a Miata. The more involved you are, the better the experience. It needs to be loud and sound like carburetors and leak all the time and break a lot, otherwise it's just an appliance, NOT an experience.

you're terrible at shitposting. especially for being a busrider. You have all that time on the bus to shitpost and you haven't got any better at it. pathetic

Found the Alfa apologist

>literally being an anorak

>big cars are bad
Look at this faggot and laugh

Because you only look at the most unique and interesting cars of the past.
They were exactly as boring then than they are now. We just forgot about the boring ones.

>factory Mustangs run 12 flat
>Camaros are track machines
>lightweight sports cars are common
>5000lb family sedans run 10s
>EV revolution
>your average shitbox is more exciting than an old sports car
>hypercars and supercars have insane levels of performance

you sound like a retard who likes old cars because theyre old

They make 'em way too big nowadays, think of pic related with a modern motor in a rally for example.

no ported axels thats a thing not a kubelwagon

sounds stupid

being small doesnt make a car exciting just look at kei cars

Citation needed

spoken like someone who has never driven a small light car

spoken like someone whos only driven 30 year old shitboxes that only have a light weight and nothing else of redeeming value so you think it has a high impact

wrong :^)

so are you

I drove a car that weighed 1700 lbs and it was complete shit

but yeah you right you probably just look at weight figures on spec sheets

being small and light doesn't necessarily make a fun car but it does facilitate better handling. kei cars are typically fun to drive even at lower speeds because they're high-strung and agile. yes there are shit small cars but there's merit to the lotus approach.

kei cars arent fun to drive at all and are the definition of shit small cars

t. someone who drove some shitty little Suzuki and some Daihatsu (wasnt really a kei since it had a 1L 3 cyl but fuck it was awful)

sure light weight is cool but its overrated hard

t. American

Then why do they get smoked by fiatas on the road?

So stop buying cars

Because people are boring nowadays.
They just pickup kids or go to work or to the greocery store.

that sounds like every average person since forever

When you get too many average people running around is when everything goes to complete shit

then the world has always been complete shit

In the united states its only really become complete shit in the last 20 years or so. It used to be ok here, but now it sucks just like everywhere does now.

It seems I was absolutely wrong. I still think Porsches look boring. Here's source. Bye.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_FIA_R-GT_Cup

You mean 70 years. The last 20 years being shit are only the result of the previous 50 years leading up to it.

meh America has been going downhill since WW2 ended

>huehue i don't pay for my roads
>waaah don't rip them up!
gets the doritos spinning

Because you're lying to yourself and are too poor to afford new fun cars

the other side of it is rich fags using cars as investments or laundering money via classics

literally THE reason why Ford makes you sign a contract to not sell your new Ford Ecoboostâ„¢ GT

Because I can't afford the fun brand new cars but I can afford the fun cars from 10-20 years ago so I look back and say that those times had all the fun cars.