/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

"Tips fedora" edition

>/palg/ Discord
discord.gg/SNwXWHe

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB54)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?47555-Open-Beta-54-Patch-Notes-July-12-2017

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=2qlES6unUwY&index=1&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=V5TSsepFwBM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9&index=1

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Counter Guides
paladinscounter.com/

>Account statistics
paladins.guru
mypaladins.com
masterpaladins.com

>Reveal Trailer (Lian):
youtube.com/watch?v=ZuUX6cakDT0

>PTS (Play Test Server):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

>PTS Steam Version:
steam://install/596350

>Bug Reporting Thread (OB54 PTS):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?47532-OB-54-PTS-Bug-Reporting-and-Known-Issues

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paladins.guru/leaderboards/pc?queue=424&page=89186
paladins.gamepedia.com/Willo_voice_lines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is OP here to remind you all of my love for Evie. We love each other deeply and no matter what you say of her we will never depart. Evie is simply the best.

Second for MUTTLEY!

When is Barik getting nerfed?

When you stop playing casuals.

When is it worth picking up CC reduction?

>Xbox
When you stop winning against literal 1.1k retards.

I bet 80% of your damage came from turrets
>6k damage 0/6/0 andro
kek

When you meet a CC heavy team?

Not him, but I also play on console (PS4) and it's kinda funny how while there are some really dumb/bad players, I've rarely if ever encountered people that are on the total braindead end of the spectrum like what /palg/ constantly complains about.

Are you telling me to build Blunderbuss Barik?

when you go above 2000 elo and meet the first lizard

I hope you never get paired up with these guys:
paladins.guru/leaderboards/pc?queue=424&page=89186

classic forced 50%
>Literal child picks barik
>sets up camp in spawn point
>we lose because no one plays aggressive on the point
Why are people allowed to pick my gods /palg/?

paladins.gamepedia.com/Willo_voice_lines
willo voice line is awesome, i hate anime but now i a bit understand how grown male could be in love with anime characters

>Basic Pip

>xbox
What exactly forces you to play shooters on a fucking console?

It takes ages to set up a loadout for each champion I haven't gotten around to doing it for the ones I don't play much

Is consoleposting going to be the newest meme around here?

>5 cards
>12 points

Ages....

>tfw love playing Ash because dat voice and attitude
>been trying the other tanks and thinking she feels way weaker compared to them now

Wish she had better self healing.

I like to actually try when it comes to building character trees

>not just copying the latest memedeck and playing

Can you get banned for calling your team retarded in a post game lobby?

Not if you provide proof

Best loadout for Drogoz?

i have 3 for each legendary

WYRM Jets, please. But if you feel like it, you can post your Combustible deck as well.

>Deckbuilding is basically always take the cooldown reduction card, then the heal/gain MS for using X card, then the range increasing card.

Patch stream when? I thought they would be taking community questions by now

In wyrm you need fuel tank 4lvl for sure and restore fuel from eliminations. I also use survival 4lvl and hot swap.

VER

Spit cdr 4
Thruster cdr on spit 4
Faster spit 2
Thrust refuel on takedown and forward thrust 1 each

Usually it's 4 PM EDT.

Thanks

I'm sick of being nice. I will personally bully every single retard I play with from now on

That's immature and weak. You're a weak person.

Consider this scenario:
Your team has 1 support and 1 front line (your role is one of the two). The 3 teammates that hasn't picked their champ yet said that none of them plans on going front line and support. The 3 of them also has no plans on going 3 damage or 3 flank characters.
Now, do you prefer if your team has 2 damage champs and 1 flank champ or 2 flank champs and 1 damage champ considering that your team plays decently?

t. retard i bullied

>t. pathetic oversensitive faggot

2 Damage, 1 Flank.

There's more viable damage champions than flank champions. Unless they have a Kinessa/Sha Lin/Viktor, in which case two flanks can shut them down completely.

Unless the enemy team is triple tank, in which case double damage.

2 flank champs only justified if enemy have 2-3 dmg or 2 flanks as well.

anything but snipers

When Drogoz shows up

Anything but two flankers. Considering that this class has trash tiers like Skye, Maeve or Buck, one is enough.

one aoe dmg (bk, drogoz) and a autofire dmg (vik, tyra) and a flank

Maeve isn't as easy to hit as you think!

Sure, sweetheart.

Who are the "thinking man's" characters for each role?

Do you find training mode to be useful in honing your skills or not?

Is that code word for cuck's characters?

torvald
ying
buck
cassie

support: mal'damba
flank: buck
damage: kinessa
frontline: torvald

aside from mal'damba, you need some pretty activated almonds to actively compensate for the subparness of these particular champions
kinessa needs near-psychic levels of map awareness and positioning so she doesn't get fucked in the ass by the flank 24/7
buck needs to keep his cooldowns in check constantly, especially with the reworked bounce house now that he can't hop in and out, know which fights to pick, when to retreat, etc.
torvald needs plenty good positioning and cd management, but he mostly relies on having good damage/flanks to bubble for that joocy damage bonus and shield

>torvald
nerfed to trash
attacking nando is my new favorite tank now
t. 18lvl diamond torvald

God damn it how am I supposed to beat 50%? I can handle my team not buying counter cards, I can handle my team missing all their abilities. But when the play of the game is 4members of my team slowly dying to a fire grenade as they stand in it for the full duration how the fuck was I ever meant to win that game?

well you're obviously not a thinking man

Well, /palg/?

>discovered paladins.guru, found out that theres ELO for fucking casual matches
>start to pick champs solely for winning and not what I find to be fun to play as
>now I get easily pissed and start flaming the team when someone is acting retarded or when someone DCs and gets replaced by a bot

paladins.guru was a mistake. I shouldn't have gone there. I used to be a chill dude.

EXCELLENT post

How long does it take to hit 3k elo?

Sometimes. If you get an entire team of brain dead shitters then it can be useful because the bots are always aware of your projectiles even if they aren't looking at you. When they turn dodge mode on its infuriating trying to hit with projectile Champs. That being said I play mostly training cause I have a family and don't know when I'm going to have to leave mid game. Still managed to get 3k elo though so it can't be all bad.

If you TRULY were chill, you'd realize you shouldn't care about these internet points in the first place. That's what gay people do, care about internet points.

I used to party up with whoever and have fun. Now I have to check every person that wants to group with me cause my deepest fear is having low elo. I miss being able to play a game for 6 hours straight and having fun instead of obsessing over every game outcome. Never take the elo pill.

>not realizing there would be elo in casual
what did you think you were being matched by?
magic faries?

I used to have a family and friends.. But then the ELO hit me. I checked them up on Paladinsguru, and I realized their real life ELO was lower than mine, so I did what any.. rational man would do... I killed them. I'm not sorry. Their ELO was detrimental. Matchmaking was difficult... It had to happen.

>healer does a good job early game
>get rejuvenate
>he never heals me again
>can't sell it
>cut off permanently from all other heal options all game
Why design it like this?

>buying rejuvenate for TEN percent increased healing
lol look at this guy, its almost as if he trusts his healing or anything.

You only buy rejv if youre a tank, dps/flankers/healers always take any other green option if needed

Does ying rejuvenate affects selfhealing from illusions or its just noobish waste of item?

That icequeen sexy/cute as fk

Ying is an exception. Rejuv does affect self-healing for her.

Like what this user said , you're not truly chilled out if you're easily affected by sites like those.
As long as you see that your teammates are trying their damn best, you shouldn't go rage mode. Yes it's infuriating to see someone not doing that well but think of the times you were on their shoes (especially on your first few days in the game). You ain't doing well and you know that maybe at least 1 member on your team is angry at you but deep inside, you know you're trying your best and not giving up hope and that's what counts.
Also, regarding with picking champs solely for winning, I'd sometimes be surprised at people doing this. Yes your chances of winning is high but if your not having fun, you don't get to gain all the essence of a game and what you're doing looks more like a chore. Look at me, Buck's been constantly getting butt fucked but that doesn't mean that I'm not playing him anymore because I still find him to be enjoyable (I'm still waiting for buffs though) and with that, it's possible that his overall stand in the game doesn't mean jack shit to me. Winning is a priority, don't get me wrong, but you shouldn't fear a lost as well. There's always a next game. It's not the end of the world.

Remember, it's just a game brah unless said teammate(s) is truly trolling around then in that case, a rage can be justifiable.

So that's why my matches started getting hard as shit i thought it was my account level only. Game started matching me with 23 character mastery players with diamond borders and shit. I want my retards back.

at this point you just stop playing

Well, i remember i mocked some yings with rejuvenate. Feels bad.

You really shouldnt care, i only care about it when i play solo, in party the mmr margins are retarded so you lose like max 6, 7 elo if you lose so it really doesnt matter that much

>As long as you see that your teammates are trying their damn best
They picked deft hands, user.

That's why you explain to them why Cauterize is better.

>whatever
>lol

Why care about elo? As far as I know you don't get anything for having it high.

JENOS

Wrecker sometimes beats Caut as the better choice depending on the enemy

e-penis

Is it actually possible to cary in this game (Win despite your team being idots by being good at one champion)? Should I just always pick Lex? Pic very related

I saw some princedanny games, i think he can win 1x5 even without teammates.

So how do I play Inara?

lmao wrong pic sorry about that, no idea how that pic came up, it's a completly different folder

Yes, but you would have to be really good. For those who can carry, pretty much every flank/damage except for some exceptions like Maeve or Skye.

Sadly it's not 100% possible to carry every match. You could be the greatest player in the world but if your team is so bad they do literally nothing except jump at walls and emote then you're still limited to just yourself capping and pushing against a full team that probably has a tank and a healer on a fair enough skill level to just delay you forever.

more enjoyable games in theory

What the fuck drogoz can turn at a 90degree angle?
Didn't expect that.

Why do people even play this game? Why not just play... Overwatch instead? Hahaha! We all know that Paladins is just a CLONE of overwatch and is pretty much 100% the same, while at the same time being WORSE somehow!

(You)

HOW DO I WIN WITH INARA?

AHHHHHHH

Play with a good Support and in general just be an annoyance to the other team. Your wall is pretty important as well. Try to place it in tight spaces and crucial positions, where you can split the opposite team up.

Inara requires a semi-brained team to win

>nobody escapes the law
>except for that one person that actually escaped

>clones can't be worse than their source material
lol

You pick Fernando instead.
Or Barik. Or build the self-sustain deck, because we all know that all good healers are in the enemy team.

Hi, John Leabo here, just wondering, how can I get better at Paladins? What are you guys tips?