Is ETH just a meme or the next big thing?

Is ETH just a meme or the next big thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

ethnews.com/blockphase-to-test-its-ethereum-based-virtual-reality-content-distribution-platform
bcg.com/blockchain/thinking-outside-the-blocks.html
youtu.be/IvGdJvxCWqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is Ether?
Ether is the currency used on the Ethereum platform. It can be traded on many of the same cryptocurrency exchanges as other digital currencies and is also used to pay for services needed to use the Ethereum blockchain. Ether (like bitcoin, the USD, or gold) has intrinsic economic value as a scarce commodity. However, unlike bitcoin, Ether is also the resource (described as a “fuel”) on which the Ethereum platform runs. No program can be run on the Ethereum platform without payment of Ether.

So why would the price of this thing go extremely high if its used as a fuel to run programs why would a company want to drop thousands of dollars worth of fuel rather than a cheaper alternative.

i dont really care if it's a meme currency or not

i just want it to skyrocket so i can profit from it

i personally dont see why people and companies are so obsessed about it

Ask yourself this, if it really was something besides a pump and dump, then why did it disappear until the price magically spiked for no reason.

There is no intrinsic value to it. It's not going to be used for any kind of program. Its value is based on whales artificially manipulating the price to scam retarded neets and day traders.

If you're buying it, then treat it like what it is, a pump and dump.

Remember the golden rule of trading, which is you will never know the bottom or the top. Bring greedy will make you a bagholder

t. no-coiner

t. retard who thinks he's smart

t. Butthurt bagholders

How does it feel to know I've already cashed out my btc and have cash in hand for the next crash, when you'll be calling the national suicide hotline

I just sold for 500 real dollars so not a meme my friend

stockmarketfag here

I like ETH. It looks like something but im not sure what. it doesnt seem like a shitcoin

I wish an expert in crypto good help me understand how undervalued (if at all) it is, relative to btc for example

what sort of change(s) in overall market perception of eth will it take to make it moon into significantly overvalued like btc?

ethnews.com/blockphase-to-test-its-ethereum-based-virtual-reality-content-distribution-platform

it is extremely fucking undervalued

it is fundamentally far superior tech and encompasses the complete set of possibilities for blockchain because it is PROGRAMMABLE

buttcoin is useless because you can't script for shit on it i.e. they're just dumb tokens

when it gets listed on the chinese exchanges, the momentum will snowball it past bitcoin very quickly

there are still guaranteed massive profits to be had

ok thanks. I have more questions

is it a big deal to list on china? do other shitcoins ever get listed and continue to perform poorly?

what is an example of being able to program a crypto to make it more useful?

sorry im complete nub, thanks anyone take the time to answer

english is my first language i just like to type like a foreigner

>is it a big deal to list on china? do other shitcoins ever get listed and continue to perform poorly?

yes. their major exchanges are buttcoin only

>what is an example of being able to program a crypto to make it more useful?

there are many. options, futures, insurance, any kind of escrow

bcg.com/blockchain/thinking-outside-the-blocks.html

wow thanks that does sound big (potential)

my plan is to get ~$1000 into and hold for 5 years

i'm split on ethereum. i think the 'smart contracts' stuff is overplayed, and fundamentally broken. they should have used a different, more predictable, but limited computing model, rather than a turing complete programming language (that has been proven to be able to take down the network).

i studied the algorithm a bit, and i don't know why it was such a big deal for them to make it 'asic proof'. it seems like they were pissed they missed the asic mining stuff in bitcoin, and wanted to make it more 'fair.' also, you still need expensive hardware to mine it, but this time a gpu instead of an asic. at the end of the day they are still just computers, and both are expensive. bitcoin seems like 100% pure capitalism at work, whereas ethereum was made to be more egalitarian and distributed. also, the developers have more control over it, whereas china has control over bitcoin at this point.

that said, bitcoin has some epic flaws, such as the size of the blockchain and the speed of transactions (as even admitted by one developer that quit), and at this point these flaws are imo worse than ethereum's. there is also no hope of them fixing bitcoin since its basically controlled by china, and they will never allow a fork since they control so much of the network. so, in my opinion. so, are you willing to invest in a network with technological flaws (bitcoin), whos network is degrading by the minute, or ethereum, which is theoretically technologically superior, but is also filled with flaws? as we all know, hype can persevre despite the flaws, which is what happened with things like email and the web browsers (both of which are broken in their own way, but they have solid core principals, browsers more so), so the investment may be warranted despite the flaws. sometimes 'good enough' is ok.

at this point, i have a small stake in each currency, but i want ethereum to win, but i'm not 100% convinced by either.

Ethereum is still just a level 7 protocol

kys pls

>tfw always all time highs when my interest is piqued
Between the bitcoin ETF and Eth Alliance shit I'm really tempted to just jump all in. Someone talk me in or out of it.

the fuel is literally pennys

it's calculated by how much electrysity and computatio power your "task" is using

nicetripsandnicepost

They won't,smart contracts are a meme

Please spoonfeed me a lay understanding of proof of stake.

I masterbated to this post.

Anyone know how crypto performs when stock market crashes? Is there any performance link between the two?

The functional meaning is that it has already been premined and a handful of faggots get to dump it

Anything else is just shill buzzwords

Watched a few interviews with vitalik or w/e and it seemed like ethereum was mostly a fake video game currency to him

Do it.

I'm invested in MGTI as well, they are setting up security systems for crypto that should be marketable whichever crypto takes off.

How much money should I invest in MGTI?

I thought the golden rule of trading was buy low sell high

That's because that's exactly what it is.

Just another pump and dump.

I don't think anyone really knows do they
>ETH is going to the moon
>ETH is a meme
Which is it?

It could go either way. Personally, I think its about 50/50 whether it makes it to the moon. If it turns out to just be a meme, then I'll lose my money.

But if it really is the next big thing (and it does have support from big names) then you stand to make AT LEAST 10x return - just look at bitcoin.

It's worth a go m8. It's risky, but potentially very high reward.

>and it does have support from big names

The big question is,are these big names going to use the ethereum blockchain or are they just interested in using the tech for their own blockchain systems? can you really see BP or JP morgan using a 2 year old alt coin ? once this becomes apparent the price is going to drop like a stone because its not adding any value to ethereum whatsoever

I don't know. I've heard your argument but I've also heard other arguments that creating your own blockchain using the same technology defeats the whole point.

My dumb understanding of it is this: it's a distributed system, so it's not like BP or JP are at the mercy of one guy or one institution.

Perhaps it's like cash - it wouldn't make sense for BP or JP to develop their own currency to compete with USD or whatever.

These places already use private blockchains for their own networks.

They like Ethereum because it's a public blockchain so they can distribute assets between their private blockchains.

this makes sense

youtu.be/IvGdJvxCWqg

This video answers most new investor's questions about Ethereum and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what private and public Ethereum mean for everyone (cough except no coiners) - like seriously guys it's close to $20 now and it was just $11-13 dollars a couple weeks ago.

How expensive do you want your moon tickets to become before you get on the 2017 Moon Mission?

why do you post this so often? it makes me think you're a shill, although you may not be. just wondering friend

This is new info. If it sounds good to me I pass it along. I own some ETH I wouldn't call it shilling thought when the price is this low??? If I were trying to dump bitcoin at a high price knowing darn well the etf thing has a 30% chance of approval than yes I think that would be like shilling.

Can you explain how this will work? Everything I've read implies it relies on ZEC or is some new coin entirely.

you're retarded

>hey guys, Eth is really going to take off
>just look at this, these groups are talking about creating a private Eth!
How is that going to benefit the public one you fucking mong?

No, WAVES is.But not now, later...

It's the next big thing. Distributed processing will revolutionize how the net is run and this is the predecessor.

how do you ever cash out? i see plenty of places to trade reelbux for eth but not the other way around

The DAO showed you everything you need to understand about Eth. But by all means, ride the rollercoaster.

Curious about this as well. And don't tell me I'm supposed to use ETH as currency.