Why do everyday cars today look like shit?

Why do everyday cars today look like shit?

There was a time in the 70s when everything was aesthetic. Now the only time you can see a cool car is when someone is driving an oldtimer. From the 70s.

Crash safety laws I reckon, especially now they apply to pedestrians too.

Inb4 safety standards, women consumers, fag designers, and soap.

It's really just you being a bitter edgy faggot who romanticizes a time you actually know fuck all about.

you have shit taste

Cars driven by ordinary people today are ALL utter shit from visual point of view. They are suited for an average joe in an amorphous mass of consumers in a boring grey cubicle hell.

Pic related.

Where is the cool and the soul?

Cars stopped being works of art after the 60s

Get out of here with your survivorship bias bs. Just like every past age we only remember the good parts worth remembering, much like music, media or anything else.

There was low quality fugly bs then too, especially in the mad dash to change american production for cheap fuel economy bs after the oil crisis. Also 70s brown did not age well.

Yeah man, drop a like of you were also born in le wrong generation

same could be said for every decade mr. hipster

even the Charger you posted looks like shit because it has overhangs the size of Texas

In the future people will be wishing that we only made cool cars like "everyone" drove in the 90s and 2000s like the corvette c5 and mitsubishi eclipse completely ignoring the udder shite that came out then too.

these

AESTHETIC 70s CARS

>Also 70s brown did not age well.
T H I S

The G Wagon continues to be almost the exact same as it was in the 70s and retains thin ass doors and relatively small a pillars and passes America's safety standards, so.that can't be the exclusive reason. They could make 80s shitboxes all day long in modern times with stronger materials, smarter engineering, and some r&d, but they won't because at the end of the day, the industry thinks they need to "push the envelope" in design (ie, make every car look like an angry alien death drone), and apparently consumers buy into this. People know that a new car is a new car because it is as far removed from an 80s car as possible, and that creates the mindset that the new car is intrinsically better/better looking. It "has to be" because it's so much newer right?

Cars are now designed entirely by computer. They are programmed to minimize drag and weight. Well, every computer is going to come up with the same results. That's why modern cars share similar styling and why there are very few variations.

this is something i think would be cool to own its old but not necessarily a car its a vw party bus

Crash safety laws and a requirement for good aerodynamics to compensate for weak engines fucked over the ability to have a single fucking solid line in a car.

Now only “fast” expensive cars have it, because it’s only worth paying the engineers to make it sexy for those with enough dough to afford it and enough knowledge to care.

And yes, fluid shapes can be sexy too.
But when they all look identical it’s just not a good thing.

>60's

Fixed that for you
70's was butt-fucking-ugly

G-Wagen is for the rich. Safety cuckboxes are for poorfag wageslaves.

Why cant they just make every car aesthetic and functional? Why does it have to cost more?

Because richfags HAVE to constantly show poorfags that they're better than them and get to have all the cool stuff. Besides, beauty only exists in opposition to ugliness.

>muh 70s
>posts a 60s car
>thinks he's talking about the 70s but is actually talking about the 60s
Also Germanfag confirmed, no one else says oldtimer.

>now they apply to pedestrians too.

I think they need to start recalling pedestrians. I'm certain that one of these would kill you if it ran over you.

Cool is still in design, but they released the Soul a while ago.

>posts a car designed in the 60's