OBS: obsproject.com
ShareX: getsharex.com
Webm for retards: gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ektomarch
fffbbb.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder

Everything is hard when you're not good at it.

Are they right?

link?

whaddup

No game huh?

my little brain stopped working, time for art

Starting to model the wind themed overworld. First up is a windmill that's not completely done yet but Im going to bed and I wanted to post something before I sleep.

Damn this looks sweet

Tis looks cute but those boulders sticking out of windmill look strange.

Just finished my most sophisticated render as I learn self-modeling. Made the couch, blankets, pillows, and carpet myself and compiled it with some other models inside a nice room

damn, comfy

Thanks! Took a really long time but I'd like to think it paid off

Looks really nice, well done.

Now optimize the polygons and render normal maps so it can be used in a game.

Oh and bake the lighting.

Oh and put a little girl on the couch

Oh and rape the little girl

Humor is about subtlety and implication, user.

willing to do an original soundtrack for someone if they want

where do i sign up

what instruments do you play?

should dev but 2 lazy

nothin else 2 do either

ok

I am a guitarist but I play most mainstream instruments proficiently
whats your email we can talk

All wonderful bits of advice I will be certain to put to good use. If raping the girl will drastically improve my scene then it must be done

>unity lets you override sprite geometry (tris/verts) but not the uvs which are read-only so if you want to change them you have to abandon their sprite system completely and implement your own
>2015 post from unity dev says "we know this shortcoming and are working on it"
love this engine

pixel art is easy except when you're pixeling fucking grass. especially in a cartoon style.

Grass is easy though, like your picture, you just have to imply it with the edges and perhaps a few obvious blades here and there, the bulk of it can be a flat fucking color.

>so desperate to shitpost that has to ask others to help him
that's a new low

doesn't look good though. it needs...something else.

Today I did nothing

Cleaned the tiles a little and put them in the game to see how they look. I'll probably add some barrels and lamps later, but I'm pretty happy.

I enjoyed that

Three reloads left to add, and a jam clear.

damn, looks nice

You're probably gonna keep getting the same questions about what game that is for, etc

Anyway, I dig your progress and the fact that you keep coming back when you have something new to show. Keep it up!

Also, btw, no aiming down sights?

I don't think this game has a title right now, I'm just contracted to make it with the internal name being "Tactical FPS"

ADS wasn't in the task list for this, so I assume they'll be doing the ADS with scripting in engine.

did some experiments with randomizing the floor texture and stuff

the variety was cool but it destroyed all art cohesion so im not gonna do that now

Gotta say, this looks very nice, really nailed that "looks like NES but better" style.
One thing though and I'm sure you noticed, but your character movement is quite jittery.
Looks smooth,slick and professional as always.

Thanks, that's exactly the feeling I wanted to get with it.
I'm kinda following NES restrictions to a degree too, at least on the resolution, color palette and amount of them on screen, I'm probably way over the amount of sprites though, but I'm not gonna check, the original game had a lot of flickering issues anyway.
About the jittery walking, I noticed that too and I'm confused about it because I don't remember it happening before. I have been messing with the player's walking speed recently so I probably fucked up something there. I'll check it and fix it later.

minor nitpick - when reloading a rifle you generally want to keep it pointing towards where you're going to aim, to keep your gun on-target as much as possible; while in these reload anims he's moving the gun around a lot as he's reloading

just thought I'd point that out as it's for a tactical fps

Would you rather have a game start in fullscreen or windowed mode when you first launch it?

I own several guns and know how they work, but even for realistic games you compromise aspects for game feel. The rifle doesn't go _too_ far from center and is always pointing forward though. Only time it isn't is on the draw, but when it's pointing sideways it's before there is a round in the chamber.

Not sure if you've manipulated weapons in real life but keeping them 100% forward is not really a possibility/comfortable.

kino: windowed fullscreen
video game: fullscreen
game: windowed

is it weird that i'm able to hear (in my head) all the noises?

Make a launcher where you can choose that, and your resolution before the game itself launches. Easy way to please both crowds.

to clarify I meant this particular webm

the ar-15 reloads look fine, but that one looks weird because he's pointing it almost completely straight upwards

I associate pre-game launchers with laziness, it's either a bad console port or a Unity developer who couldn't be bothered to make a graphics/key binding menu.

If I can't make the game windowed within the first 20 seconds I'm uninstalling the game and never touching it again.

it doesn't matter, just make sure the player can easily ALT+Enter to toggle fullscreen.

Oh okay. That one isn't for the same game, the CZ805 set is for more of a Battlefield/CoD style of game. Flashiness over realism for that one.

ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up
regardless, your animations look good, keep up the great work

As a general rule of thumb I make different crosshairs in my scenes for each different game I work on, so if the crosshairs are different the game is different.

If you can make it look good, then there's not much issue, but I too would personally opt for no pre-game launcher and just going straight in to windowed fullscreen (if supported, if not, fullscreen usually, can differ on the type of game).

As an example of good pre-game launcher, Bethesda games, to play around with mods. An example of a shitty one, Starbound, it's fucking huge and it's only purpose is to choose between regular client and server (leave that shit to the platform, like how GTA V, Civ V/VI, etc. gives the option when running from Steam).;

Depends on the player to be honest. I personally prefer Windowed.
Anything is ok as long as you can switch with a keypress without shit changing my resolution. Even better, if you can add bordeless window too.

SDL or SFML?
SFML seems a lot more organized and OOP friendly

whats the name of that really shitty youtube video series about video games, they did a video on radio crunch. anyone know the one I mean?

SDL because SFML is too easy

Is there a real drawback?

If you want to make a game and not care about reimplementing the wheel or finding libraries to implement basic shit then use SFML.

If you wanna go the autistic route use SDL.

If I move my game to early acess, do I stop being /agdg/?

You will have to do more things yourself if you choose SDL

No? What do you mean?

Sounds like SDL is for smart people and SFML is for pajeets who are too dumb to program properly and think Java is better than C++.

I mean, if my game is published but still in work am I still welcome to post progress here?

Of course. Progress is still progress no matter what stage your game is in.

Great.

Any recommended tutorials/examples for making a game in SFML?

Progress is progress.

Haven't really worked on this thing this week, been busy with work.

I now have 4 basic spells (fire / frost spray + fireball/frostball).

I'll try to get a demo out this weekend, I'll propably implement player stats (str, def, magic at least) before that.

took a couple days off from making assets to make a promotional image

from today its back to making pixel animations... but now i can make a proper twitter.

will post some progress soon

Is the stick figure supposed to be the killer?

Can I self insert as the stickman? can the stick man become a stick-girl (male)?

part 1
part 2 isn't ready yet

spoiler alert
He is thought to be the killer but all he wants is a hug

Try the tutorials on the official site, they teach you how to use the libs, google somewhere else if you want a bigger scope, like how to make a basic game.

you should actually try them both instead of relying on what you hear. As someone who has used both, a lot of bullshit is being spewed here, right now.

>vaporwave jihad

yeah how else would you play the game

idk.... im tired after 8 hours of precise cell shading and wanted to draw something effortless

et tu brutus

...I'm liking this. This is the game with the possession mechanic, right?

I'm liking the creepy vibes and the subtle world domination undertones.

Yeah, this is going to be the intro for that game.

is there a demo out? A webpage, tumblr, twitter...?

I have a twitter and tumblr:
twitter.com/ektomarch
fffbbb.tumblr.com/

I've been wanting to put out a demo forever, but I keep delaying it since I also want to release a trailer/various press shit all at the same time, but I haaaate wasting my time with that bullshit even though I realize it's essential if I plan on having more than 3 people playing my game.

I'm 100% sure I'm not a usual case but...

I instantly alt tab away from games that hit me with a fullscreen, which kinda is retarded but yeah. And then I'm 50% likely to just uninstall the game.

(much less so if it's a game that I paid full price for and have been looking forward to).

Progress

>I realize it's essential
good, we don't want another goodgamenoplayermonolith type deal

thanks for the links!

Does he have extensible legs

>tfw successful bug fixing

what? But almost all games are like this. Are you saying that almost any game makes you 50% close it and uninstall because it hit you with fullscreen?

Looks nice. Make the lower leg move too, so it doesn't look like it's retracting from the main body and it's great.

pokemon tcg is way more fun than I ever tought it would be.

kino

Do you ever try before just closing and uninstalling it?
Because that is pretty standard to have.

Pretty much.

A lot of indie games start windowed.
Emulated games start windowed.

Those are mostly what I play

lewd

I knew applications tend to have that (when it makes sense, like a video player), didn't think to try with video games for some reason. Will try it out in the future.

>I'm retarded