Who /RWD in the snow/ here?

Who /RWD in the snow/ here?

Does reversing my FWD count?

fwd master race

fwd cars are better in snow faggot

*teleports behind u* *unsheaths bags of sand in the trunk for grip* heh, nothing personal kid

I put my RWD car away and bought a 4WD for the winter. Quit the poorfagging and get yourself a winter beater.

But my winter beater is RWD

Seems kinda dumb but hey at least it'll be exciting

Logistically impossible, I move around too much and I'm single

insecure

Every time I see a car spinning in circles when it snows, thst car is always RWD

How is being single an excuse?

I've been driving nothing but panthers in the winter for over a decade now, and I live in one of the snowiest city's in the US. I've never once had any problems getting around. Good snows and a limited slip help tremendously while also providing hecktic skids. I also never spend over $500 on a winter beater.
Finally had our first snowfall a few days ago, a solid 5 inches, sadly it's mostly gone by now.

I guess I should just tow my winter car with my summer car, right? Or maybe I can drive them both at the same time by stretching between windows, steering one car with my feet and the other with my hands?

On all-seasons no less. HA HA HA HA!

Do you not have any friends, or failing that, a AAA membership?

First winter with RWD, any tips bros. Only been driving a year.

Slide around in a parking lot. This is my 2nd winter on RWD and so far the only thing that gives me worries is getting stuck. Once the car is in motion, and you don't freak out about needing to countersteer sometimes, it's no biggie.

Bases are usually provinces apart from eachother, I'm not gonna ask someone to drive for 72 hours.

Go parkinglot skidding. Get a feeling for your car.

Buy jumpercables. Seriously.

Best tips is to just take it easy. The Cars that go off the road where I live are almost exclusively 4x4 suvs crammed with Electrics thats supposed to save you but instead seem to lull the driver into thinking he can drive faster.

Fair enough familia, make sure to get rid of your cars before the rust shows up

I love watching the parking lot in the winter. Always a woman in a gigantic SUV and you can see the traction control working like mad because she's just mashing the throttle or the brakes as usual.
>how much longer before that thing's in a ditch?

Nope

How long you reckon a new car would last? I plan on getting rid of my Fiesta ST when it's 5 years old

Haven't taken my truck out of 2WD yet here in Minnesota.

>have rwd light pickup truck
I'm increasing my life insurance this winter boys.

Gotta put bags of sand/kitty litter/salt in the bed my guy

run a rwd mazda b2500, it's been pretty good on all seasons with the bed weighed down

190E 2.3 5-speed RWD with snow tires it's doing alright by me. Makes for some fun drifting but I wish I didn't have an open diff

yep, learned to drive in one of these when i passed my driving test in january, almost died so many times

>pull out into traffic in ANY weather besides sunny and dry

Got 300lbs of sand in back of mine, still loses traction with newish tires, literally terrible design holy fuck make it stop daddy all i wanted was a qt tiny truck

>Police used, and still to an extent continue to use, rwd cars all year long
>People honestly believe that FWD is superior in the snow
Fun fact, a 2wd car with an open dif is a 2wd car with an open dif. You're trying to move your entire 1.5 tons of car with a 5"x5" contact patch regardless of your drive wheels.
What you want is thin snow tires, that's far more important than "muh front weight bais"
And personally I think FWD is dangerous as fuck in the snow, understeer is unintuitive and you entirely lack the crucial ability to control your tail in a FWD car.

>pull out into traffic in ANY weather besides sunny and dry
That's the main thing I had to get used to when I first thought I'd try RWD. Thank goodness for effective traction control. Had to completely change how I thought about making a turn from a stop.

>FWD is dangerous as fuck in the snow
Then what about the places that have 6 month winter and the majority of the cars are FWD?

The majority of cars are fwd everywhere because fwd is cheap

Well yea, I still figured it was smart to just add it as a parameter to make sure he doesnt misunderstand the question

how much snow on the ground before you start noticing issues?

>going through the time, money, and effort to buy and maintain a winter beater

I literally don't know anyone outside of Veeky Forums who does this. Everyone just drives their regular car like a normal person.

I live in a country with 6 months of winter, and I bet you that more than 50% of the vehicules on the road are rwd...

I drove rwd most of my life, recently got a fwd car. way better desu.

>Everyone just drives their regular car like a normal person.
fucking normies

I drove a 240 once in the snow with winter tires, and a spool. shit was so fucking amazing to drive it. holy shit. best feeling ever. it just fucking goes and you do so much steering and throttling to keep it straight. ugh.

Nearly anyone around here with a nice car or truck has a winter beater. Maybe it's less common when you don't live deep in the salt belt.

You fatnecked neckbearded alien looking motherfucker just because you hang out with normies doesn't mean they know what's best. Enjoy totaling your 10 year financed econobox because some grandma skidded in her 1975 buick into your fatass and now you're fucked when it could have been a $500 geo metro on craigslist idiot.

I live in the Midwest i know of 0 total people with winter beater cars.

>dont use expensive things because they may break

good advise.

I live in urban NJ. Most roads are completely cleared in a reasonable amount of time. People in more rural areas usually own an suv/truck.

This can happen literally anytime. Take the bus if you're afraid of your weekend mobile getting a booboo

Also

>paying registration on a car that sits in your garage the entire winter

>paying registration on a car that sits in your garage the entire winter
>not telling DMV you paid $100 for it and paying $5 in reg fees

ayy lmao

no my rwd gets garaged in the winter

90% of the time i keep my sierra in 2wd, its more fun that way

i only use 4 wheel if i cant trust myself to not be a sick cunt a rip skids around normies or if i can feel myself getting stuck, which had only happened a few times over the years

>Take the bus.
Mfw the bus is rwd

>yfw the bus has 4 rear tires

Not all buses have a tandem in the rear

Just wash the car frequently and you should be fine. Brine is turbo-cancer my dude

i drive a package car for work. had a blizzard a week ago. fun stuff. got stuck on an airport tarmac

i purposely don't put sand bags in the bed of my truck, i love to let the rear end swing loose anywhere, if i do need traction i can easily switch to 4x4 anyways

2015 Charger, Checking in Snow tires and intelligence, no probem

Fucking read, nigger

I am responding to a guy who thinks that FWD is dangerous in winter. Thats whyvI kinda wanna know what he thinks about countries with heavy winters and a FWD majority. You'd think people would be scared to drive if FWD was downright "dangerous"

FWD is 10x better than RWD in snow, anyone who has driven in snow would know that.

Maybe you just know zero total people user. It's okay.

I drove my welded diff 240 one winter. Best winter of my life.

I wouldnt say 10 times, but there is a noticeable difference when you get all that weight on the driven wheels; especially when it starts getting slippery and you need to go somewhere

Both are fine for daily-driving in normal conditions

10 times was an exaggeration but as someone who has over a decade of rwd snow driving experience going to fwd is way less stressful in snow. With that in mind, roads usually get cleared fast enough that i would not buy a fwd car simply to get better snow traction for a few days every year.