/ink/ - Splatoon General

The Direct
youtube.com/watch?v=GnIAN06eSAE

Previous thread: SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT IN 3 HOURS

Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Japanese Rock vs Pop Splatfest has officially ended, Rock beat Pop with a 2-1 victory!
- US/EU cake vs ice cream Splatfest has officially ended, ice cream beat cake with a 2-1 victory!
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord

- discord.gg/bPfxAVs

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5qF_qbaWt3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NO MUSTARD?

>Mayo vs. Ketchup
Why

Anyone else keep getting disconnected with 10 seconds left in the match? Stuck at level 2 due to every single game cutting me off at the end. No idea what I can do

Hopefully we can all agree that mayo is better than the food-ruiner

>Opponent charges at me
>"Alright time to go 1 v 1"
>They shoot at the ground instead of at me

Why do people do this?

So is Australia with EU or US for Splatfests?
We don't even call it Ketchup here.

>Fufu...Agent 4, what a cutie
B-but I am a girl!

Mayo is objectively better than Ketchup. Who /teammayo/?

>super tempted to drop $39 on the three new amiibos
should i?
that samurai helmet looks pretty fresh desu

I was bored, so I tried to figure out how much an Inkling would weigh compaired to a human. According to the bare minimum of effort, a google search, bones make up about 15% of a human's weight. But skeletal muscle, which Inklings also wouldn't have, makes up between 30% and 50%. Taking the avarage there means an Inkling would weigh about 45% as much as an otherwise identical human. I'd have to be careful not to hurt her during Sex with Marie!
Though, I'd welcome any biologist who wants to tell me I'm a fucking idiot. I'd like to get an opinion from someone who actually knows shit about this.

>Griller round
>about to be cornered
>jetpack super and try killing it
>it doesn't try to chase
>just sits there where I used the super
>rotates instantly to face me
>instant splat the moment it ends

This. Mayo enhances food while ketchup drowns it out. What are onion rings without a good campfire sauce?

A VOTE FOR MAYO IS A VOTE FOR WHITE INK

save your money on NFC cards, unless you want the figures

The only people i've known that liked mayo were degenerates
fitting for pearl.

Getting disconnected is spooooookey

Mayo is probably gonna be yellow ink sadly

So I can't have wired internet and use the pro controller at the same time?

Chester Bennington is dead?!

Literally who

It has 2 more USB ports on the side stupid

the kingdom heart guy

It's a wireless controller, you don't have to plug it in. And If you must charge it while you play, you don't need to use the switch to do it. Just plug that usb anywhere, or you know into one of these

Another rich, famous sack of shit committing suicide.

While the rest of us suffer through another day, pussy.

>he was a park of linkin park
>committed suicide
lmao

the pro controller's wireless you fuck

Post your squid!

>High Tide with Steel Eels

Looks like the lyrics got to him.

Would.

>teammates don't comprehend how rainmaker works

There will never be any bikini gear

how does it work?

saws please

Callie + Marie = Calimari
Pearl + Marina = ???

Reminder that this animation isn't in 2. She now just leans on the gun.

Post them fucking squids

It's an early warning that Japan's going to start WW3 for the keks

Okay thanks.

NOOOOO

I'd look fresher if the game would allow me to finish more games!

Why aren't more people talking about how shit this release was?
NA still has nothing but the base game released still, Nintendo was too stupid to spin up new web servers to load balance, the app's rating is tanking, street dates were broken around the world by major retailers, Amazon and other NA services are delivering late since they refused to break it too
The whole thing seems like a shitshow, but Reggie sees nothing but positive vibes sent his way by people. It's amazing, this is why the wiiu failed. I thought they would have learned to prepare and listen to customers

Splatoon 2 has given me a cuck fetish becuase of Callie.

>walk into walmart
>hey can I have Splatoon 2
>yeah give me a sec here you go
>leave

Wait, next Splatfest is Mayonnaise vs Ketchup?
How is that fair? I can see Ketchup winning from a mile away. Should have been Mustard vs Ketchup.

UK fag here, been waiting all fucking morning for my Amazon copy w/ Switch bundle and still nothing.

this

what the shit happened to you user?

Literally tried this 3 hours ago and they didn't have it.

Tell us who hurt you, user.

Why do you need a stupid plastic box that only creates more hassles with switching games.

Can you not download a 3gb game to your switch?

box art!

there's a special gun in the middle of the map. you need to gain possession of it and push into the enemy's territory. sort of like being a runningback in football. if a teammate has possession of it you need to clear them a path.

it plays out more like a traditional sport than turf war

oh, I thought it was like capture the flag

O U T F O R D E L I V E R Y

>have pretty bad social anxiety
>go to walmart at 11:30
>no Splatoon 2
>okay I'll just go to my car and wait until 12 before I ask an associate to grab a copy for me
>sit in my car for 45 minutes waiting for the lot to have no people walking in it
>walk back in
>still no Splatoon 2
>wander the store trying to find an associate who isn't busy, but they're all stocking shit
>finally find one
>h-hey ma'am can you get me splatoon 2 here's it's product number
>yeah I don't have it
>o-oh
>that can't be true
>I think that maybe I gave her the wrong number
>keep wandering to find another associate who isn't busy to double check
>the one I talked seems to keeps staring at me and following me, making me really nervous
>she finally speaks up
>do you need help? It really looks like you need help.
>I just want Splatoon 2...
>well I don't have it. I told you. Are you just hanging out now? You're making yourself really obvious.
>I-I guess so...
>leave
>call different walmart to see if they have a copy
>completely sperg out during the phone call and even get the associate frustrated with me
>but they have it
>spend another 20 minutes deciding if I even want to show my face in the other Walmart after than phone call
it took me like two hours just to buy a video game

youtube.com/watch?v=5qF_qbaWt3Q

This was the last Linkin Park song I listened to. I thought it came out recently, didn't realize it's been 7 years

This is taking the piss.

are you stupid?

>walk to walmart to try to pick up Splatoon 2
>don't like asking employee's for assistance
>start wandering waiting for a good opportunity to ask
>see a couple talking to an employee
>they're asking for Splatoon 2
>he tells them they don't have it
>don't have to ask anyone
I got it digitally but I wanted it physically. Fuck walmart.

its not coming late to me. the US is a big place user. when you order online for delivery shit can go wrong in a lot of places.

Well sort of, just the drop off is the enemy base and not yours.

Because the shop has been shitting itself

That's a stupid question.
The poorly planned release of an anticipated game

Just finished playing single player and getting all scrolls

>ZERO MARINA BACKSTORY wtf, that one scroll still really doesn't explain shit
>Marie's commentary ranges between charming with sass and repetitive with bad puns, it was kinda meh.
>the boss music would've been better if it was Tide Goes Out vs Bomb Rush Blush, not the way it is. BRB as an enemy song sounds like ass because it's meant to be cheerful and upbeat. TGO is more emotional and fits better, and imo Marie would've been cooler as the kidnapped "villain".
>Likewise we will never see Callie in a kimono like Marie's, not even as a bonus for saving her. Nor will we get Bomb Rush Blush - Traditional Remix.
>"I remixed her brain!" / the living tentacles that form the bosses are generated from DJ Octavio/that one scroll with the inkling being both x-rayed and electrocuted while getting examined by an octo; octolings are kinda fucked up.
>I'm happy octos made everything glittery and decorative. It's really cute.
>Also glad that the whole "inklings are driving octolings to their extinction" thing seems to not be true, octos are just power-stealing assholes
>It's really hard not to see octo oven and octo shower as WWII refs, kinda funny how all that slipped past NoE.
>I appreciate that Octavio's new fists say "octa" and "taco", for octo and タコ
>brella was kind of disappointing as a weapon
>I liked zipping bouncing around and using the furlers, very fun
>Eight-legged Advance >>> Eight-legged Concerto
>The Girl from High-Color is so fucking good holy shit
>I can't unhear the opening to Buoyant Boogie sounding almost like the opening to Crawling, but it's a nice song nonetheless

>pic related
>next EU splatfest is about two condiments
HAHAHAHAHA

Just got home from the shop, picked up my pre-order. Didn't know it came with these little metal badges, they're surprisingly heavy.

good on you for going out there despite your issues. Moments like you just had can help you build past your issues. Glad you finally got the game user have fun!

>camping spawn...
This shit pisses me off to no end. I can't ever fucking escape it.
Also, when do we start getting clothing unlocked I wanna get that sweet bomber jacket back.

Can you zoom in on Inkling Girl's ass like in the original?

If it's like the first one the shops'll change stock every day.

>afk shits in Salmon Run

of course

God help me. This is gonna be a pain i nthe ass.

FULL GEAR LIST WHERE

9 games 1
Stop paring me up with the idiots who keep aiming at the floor Nintendo.

I'm surprised, I was thinking it would only take a few hours for an attention whore to completely gut the game from top to bottom.

I only have an amex card. Where can I buy a digital e-shop card? Paypal not an option.

Tbf, that was kind of shitty of you to assume the associate was too retarded to look up "Splatoon 2" in their system to check store stock, Walmart doesn't need UPC for something new and a well-known new title like that. You've never worked in retail, have you?

Everyone who has ever had any experience in electronics knows autismos buy vidya gaems, you are not special even when you're speshul. Just be chill and don't treat the associates like they're idiots next time.

I woke up at 12:30 AM and had no issues downloading it while I took a shower.

Hoping Mayo v Mustard is Europe only. In Europe both go on fries and stuff, in the states Mayo isn't considered a dipping condiment so the subject doesn't really make much sense.

delete right this second

Does anyone have that list of all the weapons and their specials and shit?

Walmart, GameStop, Target, etc. look in the gift card section if it isn't in electronics.

>be me
>get disconnected
>game thinks it's my fault
>it's not
this will happen a lot won't it
the bans only go for 5min right

>Game just came out
>Thread is already dead
Nice game, nintenyearolds.

Slosher is bae...

It's like a fucking shotgun

That's less a game issue and more of a Veeky Forums's Veeky Forums issue. The board is a complete shithole. Look at the majority of the threads that are active, most of them are either anime shit or autism echo chambers.

Octavio just needs a woomy to love.

>tfw when i like neither ketchup nor mayo but i like cocktail sauce, which is the mixture of it

Is Ink Armor nuts or is it because im playing at shitter rank? It seems like it leads to a tempo advantage that most teams cant come back from unless they organize themselves.

The fact that I can be in the middle of nowhere and supply it to my team just makes it even more crazy.

I can't believe Callie got INKED

>early morning burger hours on a weekday
>EUfags are too busy playing the game
have a (You) anyway

What do you get for completing single player exactly?

Does Callie even show up anywhere once you finish the single players? Like as an NPC in Octo Canyon? I was hoping she'd get more dialog, and her amiibo doesn't really do much.

It's pretty good, I'm glad they killed Echolocation for it.

Still miss Bubbler but it's a good replacement.

Tickets for crusty sean's food, not sure what else as I haven't finished it.