What are your thoughts on wheel spacers?

What are your thoughts on wheel spacers?

Steel / Aluminum
Hub-centric / Lug-centric
Plates / Washers

These tires are the stock size but the section width was much wider, and the sidewall protectors don't help. Now they almost touch at the bottom, pic is unloaded at 80psi

Currently looking at 1.5" or 2" spacers so I can air down to 60 and still have some breathing room when loaded

rule 1 of wheel spacers
>DONT BE A CHEAP JEW

spend the money and get a quality spacers. 99% of the times that thay do fail is because they are cheap shit china junk from ebay. my buddy had to put spacers on his f350 for the same reason and he has had no issues in the 10 years he has been running them

the cheapo aluminum ones seem to be around $100

I'm in Canada, looking at some USA made steel spacers similar to pic

looks like ~$420 to get two of them here, could be $500 after tax and customs

I've heard wheeladapter.com is the best source but I don't think they ship to Canada

lets see the wheels, i bet they're not stock.

I bought mine off eBay from blox racing and they made them totally custom to work specifically with my car and wheel combo, and they're hub centric and painted.
Very nice product and definitely recommend them.

what truck, tires, and wheels?

Can anybody recommend spidertrax? Thinking about some for 2011 tacoma.

Is this what stance fags call hella flush?

Stock steelies all around

1989 GMC R3500
235/85r16 duratracs
stock 16"x6" wheels

>stock size
>section width was much wider

Let what you said sink in...buy the correct size tires.

This. You get all these retards that by these great big wide tires and sink all kinds of money into them without thinking about how they fit. Then they realize 2 things. 1) They touch and need a spacer 2) They have no money for spacers because they just spent it all on tires.

Above all else OP, make sure you take the outsides off and check the lug torque on the adapter. Lots of guys don't and you often see the outer wheels with an adapter bolted to them on the side of highways after they've fallen off from the lugs backing off.

upgrade to semi rims and get super singles

yeah those look really good on your parking lot princess

I replaced 235/85r16 with 235/85r16, both same size and load rating just different brands. the tread is the same width but the sidewall extends much further.

it is also the same size printed on the door card in the truck

It literally doesn't matter if they touch, those two wheels will never be spinning at different speeds.

I'm getting a set for my AW11, I didn't want to, but the winter tires I got are really big at 190/70R14 which is awesome for ground clearance, but on Miata daisies with +45 offset (stock triangles are +38) they don't clear the springs.

They're also aluminum wheel spacers, and fairly cheap. I'm hoping because the car is light, and I'm not Auto crossing or doing anything really hectic I can get away with it. They're 1" deep and hubcentric

bump

kek

Lol wut

serious question, but why not just use wheels and tires that actually fit your car?

im pretty sure he has a gooseneck hooked up daily... kek