Why do Americans hate wagons?

Why do Americans hate wagons?

Marketing shills told them to hate it.
Then convinced them to buy "crossovers".

because most of us are spineless faggots who would rather roll their crossovers than get flattened in a wagon

They dont...they just dont buy them...any other questions there faggot?

see this:
And a combination of it was easier to skirt emissions laws by classifying crossovers and SUV's as trucks.

Why is "not giving a shit about something to the point of it falling out of the market" confused for "hating" ?

WHY DID NO ONE BUY ME

because they shill out for crossovers because they are "safer"

Because Bubba can't fit his fat ass in anything short of a full size pickup

I think most people think of them as a car for grannies and soccer moms.

wagons were popular until suvs and minivans became a thing, at which point those took over and then the markets for both of those pushed into crossovers

that picture makes it look fucking disgusting. In person though they look like works of art

just for grannies
soccer moms think they make them seem older so they drive minivans and suvs instead

I miss seeing them. Always liked them. I wish they took off than SUVs and shit

they don't. they just like the perfect seat height of crossovers. you dont have to stoop down to attend to children.

Most Americans grew up with one as their family car so they're not fashionable anymore. Crossovers and minivans will go the same way as soon as our newest generations grow up.

Wagons fell out decades before the crossover came about

Move over, the new god machine is here.

>603 hp
>627 lb-ft of torque
>0-60 in 3.4 seconds

I'm unironically going to buy one.

Old boomers love them in Canada, I see lots. Most other people grew up with station wagons and have no desire to drive one again.

They also cost as much and weigh as much as a pickup truck so most people are going to go for a truck even if they'll never use it for truck things.

>godmachine
nah
>madmans hoonbox
y

Pickup trucks are frame built vehicles and typically weigh at least 1.5 times as much as the unibody/self supporting body of a typical station wagon (which tends to just be a sedan base with added roof structure at the back).

all the estate cars are automatic

An AMG wagon is 4,669 lbs. An F150 is 4800 lbs. Even a 6.2 silverado crew cab is just a little over 5000.

Yeah you're right. But we wagon fans have to take what we can get. This is the most promising one since the CTS-V in America. I'm so glad something this outrageous is being made and sent to the US even though 99% of Americans hate wagons.

An AMG what? E63? You know an E63 sedan already weighs well over 4400lbs right?

an AMG wagon is a huge luxo-barge and not really representative as the typical wagon a family might look into buying before ending up with a pickup-truck.

We only have luxury wagons here in North America aside from the Golf wagon. They're all heavy as shit. Most people don't want a big, heavy and elongated sedan. If they want something with space they'll get a crossover or truck.

It's like the whole america and "utes" thing. We don't need inbetween compromises for things here in America.

>luxury cars are heavy
Woah

Meanwhile S Classes sell like hot cakes and they can easily weigh well over 5000lbs

>Nobody bought the Hemi Magnum
>Nobody here buys V70s
>The Caddie wagons are going to be worth a shit tonne because nobody who wanted them could afford them

>Everyone here actually bought a Forrester or Outback while they were true wagons, the problem is that Subaru gradually inflated them into crossovers while people kept buying them.

>not fashionable anymore. Crossovers and minivans will go the same way
No they wont, if Google-car and other cars like it are any indicator its that the egg/ball shaped car trend that the Crossover as started will only grow more extreme until all cars are just eggs moving around the road for the best aerodynamics possible.

Because they think wagons are like Buick Roadmasters. Also the dealers in North America don't really push you towards wagons if you say you need a car with space. You have to ask for them.

My mom had to get her V60 shipped from Quebec because no dealer in Ontario had a V60 that wasn't a T5 at the time. The dealer also had 1 V90 and like 20 S90's. And this is Canada, its probably even harder in the states.

wrong, you can get a golf wagon with AWD and 6 speed manual and even get it fully loaded as such

I love wagons

But I don't hate wagons user

Op seems to heavily underestimate the presence of 10+ year old Subaru wagons in the us

>10+ year old Subaru wagons in the us

Theres the point

Theres no new wagons really

Like other people have said, the biggest demographic of people who buy cars in the segment grew up with wagons or their grandparents had wagons and they're seen as "old people" cars.

I know. And its sad.

RIP

most of them are incredibly ugly and the car type itself are hilariously outdated

fug off back to Jalopnik

>Americans could have had these

Wagons look so good

@18344676
>fug off

bait

e46 m3 wagon concept

>@

cringe

i just dont like how they look.

I want a Levorg!

>belt transmission faggotry only