/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1087

Delightful Andraste Edition

Previously at Carrot's mansion: News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Bioware's new IP- Anthem, set for fall 2018
>Dragon Age: Knight Errant #3 comic is out (not posted here yet)

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/
>Leliana is our Queen.

Dragon Age Stuff:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Having a secret meeting with Spymaster Nightingale.

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to think about Leliana!
youtube.com/watch?v=VA-rLV6hGY4

Friendly reminder that Winnie user needs a big Nug Hug!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_bkmagZoeC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hate Leliana and I fucking despise NUGS

How can one OP be so based?

Never! As I said, it's just orlesian smut propaganda trying to make us look bad!

Friendly reminder that Winnie user needs a big Nug Hug!

Leli-Ana.

Leliana is more powerful than the maker

>tfw ywn get a succ from Leliana

Reminder that elves are for lewd

youtube.com/watch?v=_bkmagZoeC4

Lillyana.

Surana passes her left thumb on Leliana's lips. Her eyes glows with desire. Leliana opens her mouth her mouth slight, waiting. Surana brings her face closer to hers before bestowing her a lovingly kiss...

How are you doing, dagnas?

Their eyes closed.Their tongues, dancing. Their hands reaching each other blindly....

i'm doing well, thanks user!

Their fingers intertwine as they almost lose themselves, almost....

I know this is Veeky Forums and all, but bestiality?

They stop, knowing it shouldn't happen.
They help each other to get ready for another day on the road.
Surana holds Leliana's hand as they move foward.

shut up bigot, elves are beautiful!

Umm I thought we decided to use 'daggies'..?

What a horrid thread

Winnie user!!

YES..!!!!!!

that's so cute user. how are you enjoying your first day away from ribbit?

Umm which one of you anons made this thread?! It is cute but why remove half of the news section?

He wants to force out everything but Dragon Age (but only the Dragon Age stuff he wants to talk about) because he's an autistic cunt. This is all well established.

>friend tells me all/most monitor resolutions are 1920x1080
>"r-right?"
>looks at laptop res of 1366x768 and desktop res of 1440x900
>"u-uh"
>"yeah f-for sure"

he really just wants to kill this general without realizing that it's already dead.

Your friend is right, though. 1080p has been the standard for a long time now.

And who that "he" is? And why is he using my screenshots to make his threads?

>hooks laptop up to 65in TV
fuck wit me, now!!

Upgrade now. There is a huge pixel difference between 1400x900 and 1080p HD.

>owning a TV

Reminder that if you think you'll ever see your Warden again you're fucking blind and delusional.

He is better off never being in a BioWare game again.

I wanted to see my Cousland become the First Warden of Thedas. I guess it will never happen.

>he let his Warden live
kek just join the majority, Morrigan and her ritual can eat shit

>can barely afford to feed myself
>tv was donated by family member who upgraded to an even bigger tv
>only watches netflix on it because I can't afford cable
A...ahhaha..ha...

I am sorry then. Upgrading your monitor to a higher resolution may require you to upgrade your GPU/CPU too. It will be very costly.

BW is doing everything they can to sweep the HoF under the rug as some unimportant background shit you shouldn't care about.
All because their "canon" Warden didn't do the ritual. Shouldn't have given the option in the first place then, dumb fucks.
I bet DA4 will even give you the option to completely destroy the Grey Wardens with absolutely no serious repercussions whatsoever just so there's one more excuse to never mention the HoF ever again.

>I bet DA4 will even give you the option to completely destroy the Grey Wardens
I hope not. We still have two possible Blights left and only the Grey Wardens can help us fight it. The alive Hero of Ferelden is so insignificant at this point, I am pretty sure Bioware will force them to die during the main plot in Dragon Age 4. They were actually planning to do that in Inquisition.

Will you people ever stop crying about it?
It's obviously never gonna change anything. The Warden died the moment DA protagonists were Shepardized, because it's a character whose existence and circumstances were left up to the player more than what works for this system. There's too many variables to work with, hence why Hawke and to a lesser extent Inky were more streamlined.

It's not some stupid "oh they just don't wanna 'cause they're dumb and don't want you to see your character" contrived bullshit like you people like to imagine it is. It's too much of a hassle from both a technical and writing standpoint to give this character any more than a background presence where you can't see them and have them write a generic letter or two. You can't just have them show up and give them a secondary role, that doesn't work. Your Warden could've been an asshole, a smartass, a goody-two-shoes, an uncaring shit, an idiot, an angry motherfucker, a fucking saint, pro-mage, anti-mage, racist, animal lover, a sociopath, a slut, a pragmatist, an idealist, knightly, shady, mystical, snarky, a lunatic, the list goes on and on and on.
There's no compromise that can be made to make such a player-dependent character an NPC.

And like says, they will fucking die for sure in DA4. BW is probably so fucking sick of people clamoring for them that it'll put a damper in that to off any Wardens that did the ritual offscreen, outrage be damned.

>all this Warden worship
Did Alistair write this post?

I want to ______ Leliana!

If you can throw them off Orlais and essentially leave it unprotected against Blights, it's safe to assume you can do the same to the rest of the world and Bioware will give you another way to solve the Darkspawn problem if they even care to.

Huh so Bioware is just lazy. They can bring the Hero of Ferelden back as an NPC with all the different personalities if they REALLY want to. It is not an impossible task.

This post brought me back to 2014.

If you're willing to invest the time and money to do so.
Which they're not. DA is a product made to sell, not an art project made out of love and dedication.

kill

>They can bring the Hero of Ferelden back as an NPC with all the different personalities if they REALLY want to.

They tried that with Hawke, who is arguably the easiest of all three protags to bring back and make into an NPC, and look what happened.

Actually I think they did Hawke decent enough but the whole blood magic/anti-Mage leanings they had be default pissed people off.

Is it not weird that a private military organization like the modern Inquisition holds authority over the Grey Wardens? I never understood by what right the Inquisition can kick them off Orlais.

Hug!

Listen man, I heard you got you a dime piece man

*stomps on Xenon's shipment of invisible nugs*

NO!

That's better

>nug loving faggots

*slaps*
*SLAPS*

Nugs and Elves are the best things about Dragon Age!

Yes, user!!

Your image editing skills are pretty bad...

krita keeps crashing my tablet driver and I don't have enough patience to fix it and this img

It is okay! I am off to modding Inquisition now.

Am I the only one who thinks Andromeda is a better game than Inquisistion?
Not sure where the game comes from because they're both pretty similar besides a few things, like how Andromeda has better combat, worlds and more likeable party members.

"where the hate comes from"

I'm 100% serious and think you should respect my opinion even if you disagree.

Not sure what this means so I'll assume you agree Andromeda is the superior game.

>Am I the only one
You know, these posts are usually dumb because you are normally never the only one. But yes, in fact you are the only one.

>tfw no awakened Childer to hug and reassure that everything's going to be okay

What was the exact moment you went "holy shit this game looks like shit!"

For me it was ballroom dance party section with the fucking awful animation,ironically that whole level is my absolute fave part of the game and I don't think any other part matched it.

Right at the start when I went to speak with Varric at Haven and he's awkwardly hopping in place because of his leg going over a rock when he sways.

Will Disciples ever appear again?
Will Darkspawn ever be actually relevant again?

I assume the former is pretty much guaranteed since I'm pretty sure most people killed the Architect.

>that whole level is my absolute fave
For me it was the complete opposite because the execution was so different from what I was hoping for. That and the "eavesdrop on 30 conversations" mini-quests, those were a pain in the ass.

>Will Darkspawn ever be actually relevant again?
>what is Corypheus

I mean the monsters.

Inquisition is objectively the better game. The only thing Andromeda truly does better than Inquisition is the combat. The world looks pretty but it is filled with Kett/Remnant bases and boring npcs/quests.

How is that different from Inquisistion?
At least the character levels are actually good.

Character Creation.

They also fucked up the mage/templar choice in the keep. Pick mage: 100% for mage freedom, pick templar: 100% for killing every mage in Kirkwall.

They literally forgot to include the option for people who were pro-templar until Meredith goes insane and calls for mass murder.

They tried that with Hawke and it was a disaster. Not because it was actually done THAT bad, but many of the stuff Hawke could say was OOC and people just couldn't see their own Hawke in them. In games like DA, it's always a bad idea to bring back old playable characters as NPC, because they will never sound like the beloved character you made.

Shit is even more complicated with the Warden and the Inquisitor. They can be roleplayed in many different ways and they just can't work as NPC.

Dude, no. Just look at the marketing videos for Inquisition, those alone are miles better than Andromeda's.

DA:I was Bioware's first attempt at using the Frostbite Engine for an RPG game and I think it worked decently well, all things considered. The guys at Montreal didn't learn shit, had the Edmonton team make part of the assets for them and they did a disaster with the animations. The characters are boring and flat and all the cool ideas they had for the different planets, weather conditions and fauna were threw out and replaced with bland shit.

The only thing Andromeda did a little better were the missions that spawned across different planets and characters, but that's it. The aesthetics and art of Inquisition are great, while Andromeda's really feel stale.

Easy fire essence farm.

To add to the OCC stuff I found it extremely hard to recreate Hawke's look, spent way too much time on it and still doesn't look right, it's like I'm looking at a different person.

The team planned a trip in the Deep Roads where you could meet the Architect and his intelligent darkspawn, but they had to cut it because "it wasn't that good" and the game was already full of stuff.

If what people are saying is true and DA4 is really gonna be DA:I 2, then we will probably see something like that in the next game. Titans, lyrium and Blight got pretty important in Inquisition and another Blight is probably coming, maybe led by two Archdemons and not just one.

If the Architect returns then the Disciples will return too. I know the Warden can kill the Architect in Awakening but he was an Ancient Magister like Corypheus, I think he can body jump to the nearest tainted creature too.

The Darkspawn are guaranteed to return. We will explore more about the Titans in the next game which will involve the Deep Roads. I hope a Sixth Blight happens near Weisshaupt and the two remaining Old Gods rise as Archdemons simultaneously. The Fifth Blight was not even a complete Blight.

Wherever I get too much aliasing.

>Andromeda has better combat
Yeah, but that's not saying much. The mobility is good but it can feel janky and the game suffers any time you're in a hallway.
>worlds
They're even more bloated, the quests are just as shitty (or worse: flying to a planet to just have a thirty second conversation that tells you to fly to a different planet? fun!), and the vehicle ups the scale of everything, which just makes getting around even more tedious.
>and more likeable party members
Forced, unearned "bros" and "quirky" dialogue, and lore breaking self inserts. Thanks Mac.

Not to mention this game's writing is significantly worse than anything they've put out since Sonic, the change from codex explained sci-fi to actual space magic, the recycled plot ideas, and having almost no opportunity to role play. We went to a whole new galaxy just to get another "youmanatee's speshul" story. This game shouldn't have been made.

>Inquisition
>released almost three years ago
>people are still talking about it and its last DLC
>every time one of the devs posts something special on his twitter, the hype for the next game grows
>ton of merchandise, two heavy lore books, official jewelry made by professionals, two comics, one of which still on going and showing post-game material
>Andromeda
>released a few months ago
>nobody is talking about it anymore
>if someone talks about it, it's just to criticize it or wonder how it all went so wrong
>multiple rumors about no future singleplayer DLC whatsoever
>probably shelved or put on temporary ice to focus on Anthem and DA4
>the Montreal team denied the rumors, but it's almost August and they haven't shown shit yet
>one comic book nobody is reading, the publication of the official books has been pushed to September instead of July

I'm not saying Inquisition is perfect, but it's a fucking masterpiece compared to Andromeda.

bad rats is a better game than andromeda...

Where the FUCK are my lewd Lelianas.. ?

dead, beheaded alongside Leliana and Morrigan

Why would you behead my sweet Morrigan?

But /meg/ is much more active than this dead place. People are clearly playing and enjoying Mass Effect andromeda. I'm on my 10th playthrough.

ME:A certainly makes DA:I look incredible. DA2, even.

She wanted to escape the degeneracy of /dag/

Morrigan loves /dag/, whiny user

am not whiny user! Morrigan is too good for /dag/'s faggotry!

/meg/ is full of degenerates who want to fuck a bird. I'm not sure you're setting the bar high enough.

>10th playthrough
How? Wtf is there to do in that game that would make you want to play it 10 times?

Morrigan is too good for DA in general. It's just sad, just unfair that she is not in Witcher instead.