The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VvoEkFsUmi4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for I want to drop a load on Lily's back, just once.

snipers are useful

All vipers must fucking hang

Agreed

Viglio Confido

pistols are XCOM'S MOST USEFUL CHAMPION

I'm just saying man. Just to say I did it.

snipers are useless

So when Xcom drives out ADVENT what's gonna happen to the Advent soldiers in the incubators? are they gotta euthanize them or use them for Babymaking

The Skirmishers are gonna swoop in and start their own society

if theyre even alive that is
probably hand em over to the Skirmishers

what happened to menace 1 1, menace 1 2, menace 1 3 and menace 1 4?

they didnt fly so good....

Lily's excellent leadership.

Nothing. The squad is called menace one, like strike one.

Menace 1-6 or Menace Actual would be the commander (you). So Bradford is talking to the squad leader, Menace 1-5.

>only have to finish the avatar autopsy and i can head off to central network tower and waterworld in lw2
the suffering is nearly over

Can faction heroes be customized? Will there be new customization options for other soldiers with wotc?

yes

:)

Yep, reapers and Templars have 2 new faces (can be used on normal soldiers) also faction heroes have more customization parts such as thighs,etc. Also new voices while Skirmishers have scar options.

In Long Dong: Part Duex, how do AWC abilities work with classes that don't have pistols already equiped? Do I have to equip a pistol in the utility slots? Do they work at all?

The golden path is always kind of bitter sweet to me.

Yes and yes. Pistols are a utility item available to all classes.

They're still very powerful, but it's harder to train a gunslinger than vanilla.

does enemy will work the same way as XCOM will?
how do you make enemies panic?

Enemies can only be panicked by psionic attacks

Burning enemies panics them

What we saw in the livestream:
>Reapers are auto-revealed when completing objectives
>Priests have Mind Meld 2.0
>Priest Autopsy unlocks a one-time-use item that's basically an Amulet of Life Saving
>XCOM returns to mission sites after evac to take selfies
>Rangers have an ability where anything they see once remains visible even in darkness
>Templars get a third move after melee attacks
>Instead of moving, they can take a 100% block against the first attack next turn
>An upgraded Templar can make focus drop from enemies they didn't kill themselves
>Skirmishers can do Justice in reverse (they move to the target)
>Skirms also can get a once-per-mission free attack that deals double damage to robo
>One of the sitreps puts loot crates in the battlefield, another gives every soldier a free concealment
>There's at least one new "underground" map type (sewers)
>Warlock is too OP for the game to handle

When hit by a Flamethrower or Hellfire Projector.
From a Psi Operative's Insanity or Void Rift attack.
From a SPARK's Intimidate ability.
or from alien rulers suits

then whats the fucking point of that "reduce enemy will by 50%" thing

Makes it easier to dominate enemies.

hot
I havent used psi ops in forever so I forgot that was even a thing

I agree it's pretty bad reward. Atleast it's sort of lore friendly since the Elders have the psionic network up and strong

>going from anorexic four-armed skinned twigs to perfect human forms

I for one welcome our new sexy overlords.

raus

Templar also has the ability to swap places with ADVENT and squadmates and can Templar's 3rd move (which can only be activated when you use rend/melee) could either be a move or parry and if you upgrade your parry you could deflect the attacks back.

Literally nowhere near as sexy as my boy Mox. That voice sets me all aquiver.

Wasn't the warlock, apparently, confirmed by a dev on plebbit that it was a bug tied to the Viper's binding XCOM soldiers.

Which is neat, because that is what I thought it was.

Yeah and also because they were using an older build for the stream.

Yep, an old 'stable' build, which for an in-development title means that they didn't find any glaring bugs in their cursory test runs.

Everyone played too good to let a Viper bind someone when testing it, clearly.

Am I the only one who fucking hates the cosmetics from Anarchy's Children and Alien Rulers ?

I just have them both set to 0 % chance to generate and I'm loving that XCOM vibe instead of "lol edgy"

I like the muzzle from AC
and AR isnt all that bad really
I just wish AC didnt take priority all the time

刪除!

I like one pair of pants in the anarchy children DLC and Alien ruler's armor are okay, except for rage suit. Just take out the helmets and they'll look alright.

Hey guys, apparently loot chests were already an incomplete feature accidently left in the base game release build. They may or may not have been patched out, though. Anyone know more about this / is willing to test?

>Templar also has the ability to swap places with ADVENT
I thought it was only with your own soldiers?

>confirmed by a dev on plebbit that it was a bug tied to the Viper's binding XCOM soldiers
I figured; they were saying that in twitch chat too.

They've been in the game since release, they're a rare thing you find on missions that involve any kind of ADVENT storage.

They give you a little bit of loot iirc, wasn't an incomplete feature or anything, just a little hidden "huh, neat" one.

If anything, I think the ADVENT Supplies sitrep is them realising that the majority of their players didn't notice it so drawing it to their attention.

>apparently loot chests were already an incomplete feature accidently left in the base game release build.

I've occasionally found them myself, but they've always been empty.

the loot crates were just placeholder boxes for missions involving the rescue of a captured soldier
the dlc is just adding shit to them in the case that they spawn on regular missions

That's a common problem with playtesting. Valve used to get around it by just hiring some shmucks to play their games occasionally.

Most of the devs I know who heard about that missed the point entirely, and just get mad at how dumb people are.

I've found them a couple times in certain missions, mostly break out missions where you go into an advent building of some kind. They had a few weapon mods, but normally they are empty.

>I thought it was only with your own soldiers?
Nah firaxis employee said you could do it with Advent in reddit, it's also not turn ending.

All these game-breaking psi powers just make Ethereals look kinda like shmucks in X1.

The only good content in AC is the powered armor options.

The issue could easily be solved by having a check list of all states the game can be in and testing it. Valve's testing is fine, the issue is that some parts of games that would otherwise be enjoyable get removed because devs misinterpret people getting confused with frustrated and rather then just making certain things clearer, decide it's not worth the effort and completely gut a section.

Eh. I like my squads to have a mix of proper, disciplined soldiery types and Mad Max wannabee rebels.

>The issue could easily be solved by having a check list of all states the game can be in and testing it.
You seem to have worked out the solution for every bug in history!

This is going to be way too powerful.

>Templar sits in open, swaps Shieldbearer into the open
>Templar kills trooper
>sits still, completely immune to retaliation from final unit

Even with larger pods, you could have a Ghost up and move two units into the open

Anyone know what the second stream was? The name would help a lot as well since I need to watch it

It isn't up yet. They are probably trying to figure out how they could salvage the footage they had to put on Youtube.

It isn't online yet and it was Templar stuff and Warlock stuff. Thread is full of discussion on it, read the thread.

user have you ever developed any kind of software whatsoever?

whats the most advanced tactic you can think of

Making the enemy blow themselves up

give an aid protocol to whoever is running the enemy's overwatch

Overwatch leapfrog

Isn't that the third stream? There was the the lost and the story one, and then one other before the Templers?

You guys realize that they are in full development of the DLC and probably running through commits, right ? The latest was probably a few hours old

They should have made a test before the stream doing exactly what they'd do live to make sure nothing was too broken, but I dunno what went wrong internally. Maybe they had a special stable build for demo but it wasn't mounted and they were still running the internal bleeding edge build ?

Shoot with guns

Or maybe shit just happened.

Let's go with that.

activating pods with concealment+longwatch

activating pods with threat assessment on a soldier with holo targeting

Not that I'm aware of, Templar vs Warlock was the next one, it started off with rescuing Mox which is the first thing after Lost and Abandoned, and is just an ordinary covert op type to recover soldiers taken by the Chosen.

They confirmed the build was about a week old, just a bug related to Viper Binding had slipped by, probably because a cursory testing before they moved onto focusing on other builds didn't turn it up.

Or this, its a stream of a game that is still in development, of course this shit is going to happen and anyone who thinks otherwise is either a.) deluded, or b.) doesn't really know much about software/game dev.

Set a wall on fire. Fire always does environmental damage tick after XCOM's turn. Set everyone on overwatch. The fire burns the wall away revealing the pod hidden behind the wall, the pod activaties eating your full overwatch, and then it's your turn.

that works with a basic flamethrower?

Hammer and anvil.

No idea. I executed this in XCOM 1 with a vanilla MEC flamethrower vs. the Overseer-er UFO wall.

1-3 DOOM 4
4-6 LW2
7-9 Xenonauts
0 fap

He might be talking about mec flamers.

1-3 ck2 game
4-6 Xenoauts

oh i forgot there's more then 6 numbers, Xenonauts it is

Apparently they have loot in them, but it isn't always displayed for whatever reason. You'll see the loot on the mission overview screen though. That buggyness makes me think that the feature was simply forgotten about, not intentionally kept hidden.

>This is going to be way too powerful.
>>Templar sits in open, swaps Shieldbearer into the open
>>Templar kills trooper
>>sits still, completely immune to retaliation from final unit
Seems like a waste of Focus to me; you could have just as easily killed him with a slash without pulling him out first.

>the most advanced tactic you can think of
Fire and Manuever
Parthian Shot
Reverse-Slope Defense

Oh, you meant in XCOM? Well, at least one of these applies.

I have a very stupid qestion.
Is elerium is blue in EU/EW Or it is yellow like on UFO defence ?

What's with LW2's hard on for never getting enemy corpses?
Supply raids are few and far inbetween and every mission you'd think would let you grab some corpses like defend supply convoys don't net shit. You telling me we couldn't throw an advent MEC onto the back of that fucking semi?

>early-late game
>can hit multiple targets on a CD
>can do multiple rolls on 1 target
>can provide free actions
pistols are like early game psi-ops or something

>Is elerium is blue in EU/EW
?
Isn't it still yellow? I don't remember seeing blue elerium.

This is some basic ass information but either I suck at googling or there isn't a proper answer out there.

Do laser sights improve melee crit chance?

they only improve the crit chance of the weapon itself

When do we get a similar mod but for women?

When do we get a similar mod but for mutons?

>Is elerium is blue in EU/EW Or it is yellow like on UFO defence ?
I found this pic on UFOpedia, but I don't know where it comes from (i.e. it's probably unofficial). It may be that confusion was caused by the blue UI theme being the only easily visible in-game representation of pure elerium.

Not having played X-Com, though, I assumed it was green like the UFO power source. But then again, the Elerium Cores from XCOM 2 are also yellow, so...

I think it's supposed to be yellow.

No just the modded weapon, I'm pretty sure a mod all weapons mod would let you put a laser sight on a sword though which is funny

Well, I recently chek Wiki and found this

Does this look yellow to you?

93rd for snek
youtube.com/watch?v=VvoEkFsUmi4

Maybe it's blue but in the containers it's yellow. Like it's in a tinted container

>user discovers they have color blindness

I'm thinking of meld ignore me

>engaging the enemy
>a couple of actions in
>suddenly realize a strategy that wouldve made fighting them much easier
>reload save and put that plan into action

its not save scumming if im just improving my play

Which is why in every run through I name my fist squad Menace

Let me guess, you mistook it with Meld ?