youtube.com/watch?v=PJG1HlIH3j8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its a good meme

No, it's underpowered, bad gas mileage, not very fun to drive,

jeet thinks your retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=cQLV2S-l1Q8

youtube.com/watch?v=S5-iXR2PHq8

and 1 more

I'll still never understand why a garret t3/4 flange is fucking square when exhaust tubing is FUCKING ROUND

FUCK

sorry, here is link
youtube.com/watch?v=lG59Oj5bPco

You think that's bad? I fell for the four cylinder NA meme. My car isn't even light weight.

>tfw people actually went out and bought 4 cylinder turbos to brag about beating v8s only to have v8s install turbos and continue to embarrass the ever loving shit out of them.

only retards would do this. smart people would only compare cars within their class.

Have any of you peeps ever sat in a yaris? There's no center console to rest your arm on.

>class
4 cyl cuck pls.

I own one. and yes, I would love some form of armrest.

Fun car to drive though, great power to weight.

you know that subcompact is a class of car, right?

>it literally takes a turbo on a car with 2x or 3x the displacement of a 4banger turbo to beat them
>actually unironically taking pride in this fact
lmao ameridumbs, everyone

>you have to have a turbo and rev to 8000 RPM to beat an archaic pushrod v8 with your modern DOHC motor with electronic variable valve timing
Top kek

>you LITERALLY have to turbo a 5.7L v8 whose sole purpose was to go fast in a straight line in order to barely defeat a stock glorified econobox
really joggin the ole noggin here pal

>tfw fell for the 4cyl turbo meme
>tfw settled for an automatic too

>a 5.7L v8 whose sole purpose was to go fast in a straight line

I thought the sole purpose was to modify a small penis?

living the meme life every day

i fell for the i6 turbo meme

it was shit

THEN i fell for the LS meme and love it

> tfw the turbo 2 banger meme
heh, Americans will never know

>glorified econobox
>costs $30k and has to run 91+ octane or it knocks itself to death

No. It takes a medium compression naturally aspirated V8 to compete with most turbo 4 pots. The Turbo on the V8 is just icing on the torque cake.

The fact that you can compete with new fancy turbo 4 cylinder engines using junkyard parts on a V8 says a lot.

I see S2000 on track shitting on Corvettes all day

the fact that you can compete with modern v8s using junkyard turbos says a lot.

????
See how that can be flipped?
Stock v modded is a fucking asinine comparison

>>costs $30k
what shithole do you live in? here an econobox costs MAYBE 16,000 brand fucking new.

get 1 a few years old and you can have it for 7000.

I see Corvettes on track shitting on S2000s all day

See what I did there?

Stock coyote 5.0.

Nothing with a turbo 4 cylinder can beat it. Done. Stock for stock. Enjoy.

>Using an actual econobox as an example when discussing "glorified econoboxes" with 4 cylinder turbo engines
Go to bed, kid. You've got school in the morning.

Not him but the turbo argument on small engines is always moot when you consider the fact that a NA 5.7 v8 can easily put out 450hp and a twin turbo one can easily push 1000.

Go modded vs modded if it makes you happy. The Turbo V8 will always be cheaper, more powerful and more reliable than some high strung 4 banger. You aren't going to get a junkyard 4 cylinder to 600hp reliably anytime soon.

>Using an actual econobox as an example when discussing "glorified econoboxes" with 4 cylinder turbo engines

ok fine drop in a 1500 dollar turbo kit. now its 8500 to make one out of a model a few years old.

i can see that you fell for the v8 meme and are projecting super hard. its ok, you can always sell it.

>you can always sell your vastly more efficient vehicle and buy a piece of shit that barely makes 300hp when ragged out
I'll pass, faggot-kun.

Turbo 4 is astheticc tho.

If your goal is highway pulls it was a mistake. But if your goal is boy racer hooliganism, then you made the perfect choice.

>tfw fell for the turbo 5 meme
i mean its kinda cool, but theres clouds of smoke outta my tailpipe, not looking good

>sell your vastly more efficient vehicle
>v8
pick 1

>he doesn't have a 2l twincharged 4 cylinder

>i6 turbo is shit
DELET THIS

Wow I bet ur RB26 is so fast bro

I have a CA18ET it may only make 135pbh (33years ago) but it looks cool as fuck.

side

mounted

distributor

Faster than the bus for sure

Got a dyno? Mods?

Got a dyno sheet somewhere but phoneposting atm. Its got 2 gt2860rs turbo, ecu/injectors and a tomei oil pump making about 440 hp at the crank

Neat. -5? -7? Injector size?

pfffft ashlees makes 600rwhp+

>tfw fell for the 5cyl turbo meme

It’s not bad when it’s a K24A2 with a manual and LSD

I guess mr RB26 man is a phony

>ameriwalmarts
>56%
etc

volvofags are masterrace
t. mercfag

Got the nismo 600cc injectors. Dunno what you mean by -5 -7 sorry english is not my first language

-5 and -7 denote different sizes of the GT2860

>fell for the V8 meme
>fell for the manual meme

feels good to fall for the right memes

Ha ok my bad theyre the 2860-5 variant. I eventually would like To push it to 500whp so I future proofed it a bit with the oil pump and injectors being a bit overkill for the current power. Also got a Mine's ti equal length headers followed by a decat tomei Expreme Ti

>2002 2.0L turbo shitwagon still does 5.6 sec 0-60 when I want to risk blowing up the transmission

It wasn't a meme back in 2002, but they haven't gotten that much better since then.

yeah i think he meant stock from the factory and doesn't look like shit cars though m8

Wrx STI is a 4 cyl turbo

A45 AMG is a 4 cyl turbo

Nice you have the same exhaust setup as me. I have GT2859R turbos with Tomei Type B Poncams. Don’t forget a good set of turbo outlets, they do make a difference. I went with the set from HPI

Here it is idling.

instagram.com/p/BOD7VNPAuQz/

And a WOT pull on the dyno

instagram.com/p/BNZlXntgBZc/

I’m at 493awhp as is. You’ll enjoy it

I have three. My car is pretty light though, and there's a very ambitious dude who swapped a turbo 4banger putting out >350hp into it.

Nice man, i'm planning to pull the engine soon to do a little maitenance, gasket, bearings, oil baffle plates and maybe some nice cams, i'll look into turbo outlet while I'm at it if it makes a noticable change.
Would like to get some audio too but last time I tried my potato mic got raped and the sound was really shit

Nothing says German Luxury like a 2litre turbocharged 4-banger screaming to get 4000lbs of touchscreens, airbags, and leather up to highway speed.

>doesn't know about sub 1 ton 900 hp i4 turbo cars
>thinks his 2 ton boat anchor can keep pace on straights or in corners
I4 is quite possibly the most versatile of engines

>People on Veeky Forums have cars that are actually cool >meanwhile I just wrecked my shitbox rx7 and will have to settle for like 250hp when I start modifying it because I can't afford a REW swap

What are you talking about, 4cyl turbo is great. You just have to get the right one. B234R is top tier

>There's no center console to rest your arm on.

boo fucking hoo

I fell for the turbo 4-pot meme too. I have the n/a bass model of the same car too.
The turbo version:
>surprisingly poor gas mileage for a 4 cyl even when I granny-drive and hypermile
>very loud
>needs more expensive oil
>93 octane ONLY
>tfw low-rpm torquelet
>doesn’t like hot weather

d-don't do this to me.

i'm attempting to convince my dad to buy me a '06 saturn ion redline.

I had one of those they're pretty sweet.

>needing a rest on the center console
???
I usually rest my hand on the shifter knob out of habit if I dont have both of my hands on the wheel. Use the door as the arm rest for your left arm.

I really, really want one senpai.

I found one for $3,500.

test drove one of these, 11/10 best Miata

Not him but what if my goal is illegal rally racing ? What is the best shitbox on a muddy backroad ? (wrx and legacy are fucking expensive in my country because of that). Another option ?

They're ironically faster than any non type r civic ever made. The 2.0 liter LSJ will take boost like a champ as well. Not sure about the handling i didn't get to own it for long until I wrecked it hooning like the retarded 16 year old i was.

Suzuki. Light and cheap. AWD's are a little hard to find.

that’s terrible for your gearbox. don’t do that anymore please. also don’t rest your foot in the clutch when you don’t need to use it

How's the parts availability, if I may ask?

It's between this or a 4.7L V8 Grand Cherokee, which is exactly 2k cheaper.

Dont worry mane before having that 32, I had a suzuki jimny shitbox, your time will come too

Everything except the engine is shared with literally every cobalt or Saturn ion in existence, and the engine is shared with the longer lived cobalt SS (the colbalt SS is basically a ion redline, later they switched to turbochargers over the supercharged 2.0 liters.)
So parts availability is very very good. That 4.7 liter jeep is ass m8, I've got a 4.7 Durango and it's a fucking brick, for as big and thirsty as that engine is it makes fuck all power. But the red line it's a great car

Good to know, thanks for the advice.

I just hope by the time my dad gets paid (by mid-January), the Redline is still available.

I'll probably look at the supercharged Cobalts if it comes to that, I'm always wary of older Jeeps, even though I have a soft spot for them.

If you're going to buy a jeep make sure it's the venerable 4.0 I6 or the 5.7 hemi. 5.7 hemis in durangos or jeeps are no joke m8 your be surprised what they'll beat in a pull, probably best the red line desu. But the red line is a better experience than some wallowy ass truck

>>has to run 91+ octane
>implying running 91 or higher octane is something "special"
jesus christ, americunts I swear
>tfw the gas with the lowest octane you'll get here has 95 and it goes as high as 102 while the ameriburgers roll around on 87

might be using the other octane system desu

We use different ways of eating octane, dipshit.

*rating** not eating

What trim/mileage and how much did you pay, Mr Longpost Guy?

>another eurofag who knows nothing about octane ratings

How's your insurance, Klaus? ;^)

>tfw going to fall for either the 6G72 TT or the rotary meme soon

yes

>eating

Lmao amerilard

nice shit-taste OP

youtube.com/watch?v=PJG1HlIH3j8

kys LS cuckold

>Hayabusa engine
>rebuilding every 20k miles

Can confirm, 6G72 TT is a good meme

>LS derived engine
>rebuild every 7 miles

sperg more LS cuck

>Not using 85 RON gas exclusively
It's like you enjoy wasting all your money on marketing hype

Am I the only one that thinks v6's i6's any the turbo variants are literally the best engine ever.

mmm tasty.

the fd3s is almost in reach though now that ive actually run numbers. a VR4 is much cheaper though so more shekels for mods

2017 Abarth, my out the door price was right at 27K

More shekels for /maintenance/ Mitsubishi reliability isn’t a meme, but once it’s all sorted out they can make pretty ridiculous power

>that range at 80% tank
drive it like you stole it amirite?