Solo night drives

where do you go and what do you usually do? Are they pretty consistent?

I have a handful of places that I usually end up. Overall it feels like long, aimless driving, which it is. regardless, you go on solo night drives often Veeky Forums?

I have a few rituals yes
>if I’ve had a shit day at work I’ll go in the dead of night and squeal the tires at the entrance leaving marks it’s a shitty startup company so there’s no cameras in the parking lot people are starting to notice that there’s black tire skids at the entrance to the parking lot so that’ll probably stop

>I also will on my birthday wake up at 3am and just drive around reflecting on my life in that year and decide wether it was a good year or not

>20 years old and live at home
>dropped out of college and have no job so currently a NEET
>parents do not know this

I usually drive to PCH at midnight just to stop me from killing myself.

A lot of times if i was bored as fuck i would drive downtown and get a smog dog. This season i bought a bike, which is infinitely easier to park (free street parking in toronto) and cheaper to run. Also, trying to get more seat-time to ward off inexperience and what not.

I haven't gone just for a night time cruise in my car in a while, too bad the snow tires wont like forks of the credit at all. pic related

Almost every other night. I either take PCH up to one of my favorite spots up on a hill overlooking all of Orange County. The lights are real pretty and no one has ever bothered me there. No cops either so I just park and spark.

Other times I'll either hit the local touges or just take the 405 up to LA to see the buildings and the lights and drive through the tunnels.

I can't really smoke weed in my room so I do most of my smokage in the car. I just get stoned and cruise the speed limit for a while until I get bored or run out of gas then I fill up and go home. I probably spend anywhere from 100-200 bucks on gas a week.

i was exactly in your position 4 years ago. joined the military and have 0 regerts.

I was in my teens and had no experience with girls when this girl named Sarah came into my life. We were friends of friends and I kinda just said "fuck it, why not" and went for it. She accepted my invite to a movie night, we went to see Where The Wild Things Are. I still have my ticket somewhere.

We made out. I had no idea what I was doing, neither did she. We left the movie early and, nervous, I took a wrong turn on purpose. It was late on a school night and she wanted me to drop her off at her place, and I remember it so clearly, she said "user, where are you taking me?" I looked her in the eyes and with a smile said "I don't know."

I've had many solo cruises in my life, through bustling downtowns late at night, off in the country tapping my shitbox's limiter, anywhere really... but nothing beats being young and dumb with a qt3.14 on a warm night. Nothing. It is pure, distilled joy.

If you keep holding back until you're "good enough" for a nice girl, you'll never be good enough. It is an excuse, a naive excuse made in ignorance, to say there are obstacles in your life keeping you from finding love. Success and riches are means to an end, paths down the road that is life... love is the park bench, stay awhile.

I'd love to do this more but I'm in a huge city with almost no parking - if I leave the spot I fought for at any time it will be snapped up and I'll have to street park a mile away in the hood. I feel like I'm in parking jail every day with the car and it sucks. I should pay it off and ride the bus.

If this isn't copypasta you're a poet and a philosopher user and I like you.

>>I also will on my birthday wake up at 3am and just drive around reflecting on my life in that year and decide wether it was a good year or not
gonna have to try this for myself

>used to solo night drive all the fucking time
>greatest shit ever
>upgrade from shitbox to nice car
>dont wanna take it out at night because animals

>depressed PCH cruise

I've been doing this all week. If you ever drive past a silver Miata in the bay area portion of pch it's me. :(

Yep all the time.

Just like PCH drive. I usually wander the Newport - Long Beach stretch while listening to synthwave. Plz wave to the ND if you see it.

best times is 3-5 am, imo. bars are closed and most people have gone home.

>best times is 3-5 am, imo. bars are closed and most people have gone home.
I'll do this on my birthday next month.

Actually i haven't gone, even though there's a tougay like 30 minutes away from me. maybe i'll hit it up one of these days, yosemite looks real nice right now

I usually drive around til like 3am find the tallest parking garage and sit in my car over looking my cities skyline
Pic related i see some pretty odd stuff while out and about

Yeah did it the first two years after I got my license for baiku, just at night during the summer when you smell the fresh grass and looking up you can count the stars. Really made me feel alive. Eventually you enter a little town and you look at all the different colours of lights even though everything is deserted on the streets. Used to stop by the harbour and watch the waves. I should do it again next summer. I miss it.

>this
Fuck dude it hurts, those drives were what got me through some of my roughest times.
Now my car sucks to cruise in because I fell for the nice performance car as a daily meme, can't even enjoy late night rides if I do try to take one (too many dips in the road, dodge every pothole, afraid of animals, etc).
>I made a huge mistake
I want my shitbox civic back Veeky Forums

I usually just drive around the city, especially downtown. I've been itching to take a nice long drive somewhere but people are always vying for my time.

I had a really fucked up breakup a few years back and drove up the coast of CA and OR into WA, taking the PCH for some of it. It was extremely cathartic. I could use another drive like that.

Some poet kinda shit right there

Nice

On a weekly basis I'll go out once, maybe twice late at night. Almost always any time after 2am, because like said, bars are closed.

Jacksonville isn't known for its curvy roads or sprawling metro, so I've had to get really creative. Normally downtown is dead late at night so I'll roll through the "nicer" parts here and there. I'll go up and down and over the bridges and just cruise around taking in the sights. It's getting sub-40 F at night these days so windows down cruises are harder to do. But with enough driving, one can find quiet curves that're fun to hit and can be a """safe""" challenge.

I need to try this; there's one parking garage that overlooks the city and fountain that would be very relaxing.

Unexpected relateable feels. Ex-gf and I would stop somewhere, get burgers, and just drive around. You might be in a city of a million people, but when it's just the two of you in the car it's a whole other world.

Do americans really stay up late just to drive around aimlessly?

You're a fucking nuisance to those of us who have to be somewhere. Get off the road.

Im gonna copy this

>in the city at night
>no route planned
>only rule is
>turn based only on the lights
>green to go left - i go left

Its so nice.

>Be me
>Really wimpy around girls, never really make any moves
>Past relationship could only be described as a fling, with me making really poor decisions
>New girl comes into work. White girl with long black hair and cute glasses
>Coworker keeps calling me a bitch so to shut him up I go up to this girl and spark up a conversation
>After a few days of talking we go out for a movie
>Movie date goes well and I handle it like a cool motherfucker
>Couldn't really make any moves afterwards but I was so proud of myself for actually doing it and handling it well
>Reward myself with drive on the highway with pic related playing

I’m happy for you user.

Thanks, user.

I'mma screenshot this

t. french

Most enjoyable drives I've had were in sub 1ton shitboxes. Now I'm looking to buy a heavy saloon because muh comfort

Am i making mistake anons?

>Be a Finfag
>Love night drives with riced Nissan
>Mfw no tougays or interesting roads, only flat shit as small curvy roads are usually not paved
>Also speeding tickets are 20 000€ for going 5kmh/h under speed limit
>Fug better listen eurobeat at parking lot and enjoy farm nights during two weeks of summer

Love doesnt exist you fucking faggot dont encourage these simps to waste even more time looking for something that can never happen

>zero cops b/c very gentrified area
>beautiful view of skyline
>right along the bay
>only three lights and right outside downtown
>zero traffic any time after 11
Every night.
bonus: get a girl to go with you and it's guaranteed pussy driving down bayshore in a porsche

I had to take the passenger seat out if my car to carry some extra large equipment. I said I’d put the seat back in when I needed to drive with someone...

That was 3 months ago...

Here's a (You) just for that album, user.

nah if you want comfort then go for comfort but know it aint no shitbox that can be tossed around

It’s only on a bad day
If I have a shit day at work
Where the corporate grind gets to me
I leave at 2am and drive up to the one touge we have
No one drives it and it over looks the city
Ever since I had a car this is the road I’ve drove
The road I’ve learned to drift on
I’ve almost died here several times
The road is my escape
I can go as fast as I want
I’m a kid again and nothing matters but going fast and Turning hard
I’m moving soon
I’m going to miss this road

Where I live is pretty shitty for driving desu
If anyone knows of good roads that aren’t straight and flat in south-east Alabama let me know ):

That looks beautiful. I wish I had open roads near me, I live in the suburbs and any time I drive i'm worried about some mom in a minivan being in the middle of the road like they always are..

>where do you go and what do you usually do?
While I sometimes drive lonely roads, it is rare. I prefer to drive from destination to destination. I maintain discipline on reducing the number of solo drives by using a built-in method. I combine solo drives with shopping for essentials. Furthermore, the destination store(s) is the last stop before heading towards home.

This works out well and sometimes even lets me have some exercise as I might solo drive out to a large enclosed mall and I will walk around the entire place as well as visit some stores to windowshop. By doing this, I combine walking exercise punctuated by breaks where I am solo driving to the next destination.

I just wonder what all the stores' and malls' analysis software thinks of me. More and more places have facial recognition software and pegs that to a name if you buy something with an identity card.

But there are a good variety of stores all over that close at 8PM which is too early but the 9PM stores are okay. If I need WiFi, I can stop by a public library as they go to 9PM and even have branches in or directly next to shopping malls. I usually finish at one of the 24hr supermarket stores for food and household items.

My suburb city and other cities (not all of them) have anti-cruising laws, so aimless circular cruising is not recommended since that can result in the computer notifying the police to come take a look. Various cameras scan for repeat drive bys and that along with the tickets stopped people from cruising our downtown and metro areas.

I never solo drive to a theatre followed by a solo drive after watching the movie. If I watch, it will be at home where seats are clean and I can sit how I want and eat what I want.

I've noticed in my personal case that drives on populated roads to and from destinations is far more therapeutic than the same length of time spent on long lonely roads. Knowing that, I've adjusted my driving.

This is some gay ass shit to read and super annoying , you should consuder not everyone is naive yet to be jaded faggot before you post

This feels like it was copied out of some fiction novel. Occasionally, fiction characters give short little motivational speeches like this. And seeing phrases like "It is pure distilled joy" doesn't help since Romance novels use flowery phrases like that.

Maybe you can find out the existence of autocross clubs and see what people talk about there. They might mention some autocross meets for beginners which are more easygoing and have access to large parking lots where they set out cones for practicing performance driving as well as what to do when you lose control.

My corporate employer used to allow that on weekends. But then some sue-happy person tried to sue the company for damages. Lawsuits ruin everything. Permission was then revoked for various groups to use our parking lots even to our own employee recreation groups. Apparently, outsiders also pretend to be company employees and simply blend in with employee recreation groups in using facilities. Fucking lawsuits.

Many supermarkets don't dare donate food items that aren't spoiled but nearing expiration simply out of fear of lawsuits. So the stuff goes right to the trash bins. I've seen it. Mountains of everything from cereal boxes, snack foods, and various other types of food items. So sad.

Start of this year I had an Evo that was decently fast. I'd blast around town to get my head straight .
On rare occasions I'd take it out to the lake which is about an hour or so drive and hit that back roads. It's was a pretty good 45 min touge route
One night this qt I know asked me to go for a drive and she said she wanted it to be a late night drive.
Ended up taking her to said lake.
She had a great time . We stayed out until 5 am . I've been dating her ever since . .
Now I have an FD rx7 and unfortunately the timing of the year isn't right but once it's warmer out I'll be taking that down on the "lake touge*

ya'll are chill. glad to hear these stories. see you on the roads

idk what it is about this car but i fucking hate the look of it.. reminds me of some sort of retard helmet for cartoon ducks

Not a solo night drive, but I want to share.

>Drive to hill that overlooks the bay
>get maccas on the way, she feeds me chips as I drive
>get there just before sunset
>we watch the sun slowly vanish as the lights of the city wink on below and the stars come out
>we even see fireworks on the other side of the bay
>qt gf and I talk as we drink coffee and listen to INXS
>one of the happiest moments in my entire life

As for pure solo drives, I like to drive around the local area. There is a nice route I have that takes me past the roads that lead to a few good friends houses. It's nice to know that if I wanted to, I could go to one of them and be welcomed. I don't, since it's usually late at night, but I could, and that's comforting.

I sound dramatic as hell, but meh.

BROTHER
>went for a drive on my day off up to the cliff overlook
>took a nap on the stone wall overlooking the valley
>when I woke up there was a girl there reading a book
>went over and talked to her
>she drives a manual Suzuki shitbox
>she night drives it all the time
>had just gotten my FD so we talked about that
>her car was parked way at the top of the overlook so I gave her a ride to her car
>"do you wanna ride in it again sometime?"
>first date I took her to a sushi place and we went for a night-hoon
>hooned all up and down the mountains around where I live
>currently gf
The Touge gives and the Touge takes away

Oh user. Who hurt you so?

Waiting for this to happen in my shithole city with a high-school level car scene. God bless you lucky anons.

>If you keep holding back until you're "good enough" for a nice girl, you'll never be good enough.
If you're ugly, you'll never be good enough.

Buy an RX7

This seems to be the common theme. I'm at least headed in the right direction owning Mazda and taking solo night drives already, r-right?

>when I woke up there was a girl there reading a book
>she night drives it all the time
Damn, this is like something out of the Chinese cartoons we all watch too much of. So lucky bro, do us lonely anons a favor and promise us you’ll never let her go.

>mfw I’m off to go hit the touge in search of my 3D waifu

Not consistent at all. Sometimes I just need a drive, to chill a bit.
>no mountain passes nearby
>car too heavy to drift
>underpowered
Fun nonetheless, but don’t know if I’d be able to find a 3D waifu cruising at the dead of night where I am, nothing really to do and nowhere fun to go to.

Own an FD.

Can confirm girls fucking hate it.

>why is it so low
>why is it so loud
>it's not very comfortable
>all my clothes smell of petrol

I would choose my car over any girl.

when I'm bored and restless, these are my regular spots

on road: red rock canyon loop, chill at the top of far hills, lovell canyon

off road: arden gypsum mines, rocky gap rd aka potato ridge, tierod canyon, pipeline rd

>Perrhfag, worked nightshift for the last year
>Last nightshift, leave work, drive up to zig zags lookout
>Sit on bonnet and watch as sun rises over the darling range onto the ocean and city
>Phone on Bluetooth, shuffles to Summer Madness by Kool and The Gang

Was a pretty chill moment

>tfw live in an industrial post-Soviet city with no mayor landmarks or anything
I wish I could go on a nightdrive somewhere nice like you Americans do, but I'll just end up driving on either a three-way road in the center or a shitty road surrounded by commieblocks. Parking garages might be good fun, though.

>the tits on the girl on the right
GIB MILKIES

>All these mutts living in cities where the highest accessible point by car is a multi-story carpark
I feel bad for you all

>Post-Commieshit
Get a gun and intentionally piss off other drivers, record the ensuing hilarity

>Girl on the right
Girl on the left tbqh

My gf literally competes with my car for attention. She ends going with my on drives because she knows I'll just be gone otherwise. I'm pretty sure she's jealous.

>Downtown Los Angeles. The towering skyscrapers and streetlights lighting up empty streets.

Topanga Canyon Rd headed towards PCH. Lots of turns and straight lines.

what time do you tackle topanga canyon? there's always some slow fuck keeping a train of 6-7 cars behind. Soccer moms, grannies, idk.

saw a yellow rx-7 one time, wonder if it was one of Veeky Forums

niggers can't steal your car when you're driving it user

>at a stop light
>nigger pulls gun
>"niggers can't steal your car when your driving it"

>stopped
well then you are obviously not driving

you on some real shit

>every now and then I hit the back roads in my Miata
>it’s the only way I can get over the stress in my life
>if I’m really feeling down I’ll cruise down to the river around midnight and sit on this big rock that peaks out just above the plants
>there’s a bridge about a quarter mile down the river
>I’ll sit there for a while and just listen to the cars and trucks drive over the bridge
>It always helps me to think about how there are people in each of those cars
>each with there own issues, some of them probably make my worries seem insignificant in comparison
>it helps me remember that it could be worse, and that my life really isn’t so bad

Yes, night driving with your car especially if you're new to driving, young or young at heart, is really part of growing up and maturing. Everyone at some point in their lives drive or cruise listlessly; seemingly to try and attempt to escape their daily realities of life.

When I was in my early twenties, all the kids in my town were experiencing the same thing. We literally had a resurgence of an Initial D 90's lifestyle then. This kind of people cruise together and are all unsure and uncertain of their futures. We all don't really belong in society but we, to each other.

This birthday ritual sounds amazing gonna try it

I live in a seedy area so I usually pass by hookers and transients on my way to Downtown and then I will aimlessly wander streets wondering when the fuck someone is going to fix these shit ass roads.