Why do you hate me, Veeky Forums?

why do you hate me, Veeky Forums?

I like you

>fuckheug compared to the original Z
>Only slightly better looking than the Eclipse
>Heavy

Why did they have to design it like that? Why couldn't they have made it look, y'know, good?

with how cheap theyve gotten and the performance they have its only a matter of time before Veeky Forums starts a bandwagon loving it

Pigfat oil burner

I own one, and love it

Because your a bloated old whore who was never good at whoring in the first place.

i dont hate it but its
>ugly
>fat looking
>heavy
>expensive
>slow
on the upside the aftermarket and nissan parts bin make it a good platform and its still a skyline in spirit

>ugly
>fat
>no turbo option

Do I have to go on? Why did people think Ghosn-Nissan could actually design a successor to the old Z?

They look better than 370 and are dirt cheap, good car for the price

you're slow.

I only hate your endless interior rattles and your god awful clutch, everything else is pretty good considering its price range

I own you and you have oil problems.
Other than that pretty good.

you should have come with an i6 and looked like this

Because you're not a station wagon

the Interior and the sound of the Engine

the boyracer stereotype doesn't help ya either

It's not that I hate it, I don't like the way it looks though.

You guys know it weighs almost the same as the Z32 right

>Ugly ass interior
>Oil burning engine
>Sounds like shit
>No room in engine bay
>Exterior styling has aged like milk

The interior is Fisher Price tier, but i guess it's expected from a gook manufacturers

>>No room in engine bay
Bout the only thing the same as it's predecessor.

Get that disgusting piece of shit out of here. You could have at least posted the convertible

>People thinking its ugly

>aged like milk

THICCCCCCCCCCCC

Literally pigfat soapbox

Same could be same about Skyline and Supra tho

for some reason id rather the 370

Every time I see the 350 it makes me think of that old gif of some chick... please tell me I'm not the only one.

>mfw

DIE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

the 370z looks so bubbly/round compared to the 350z

Pigfat but no V8 option

>>ugly
>>fat looking
>>heavy
>>expensive
>>slow
All of this except they aren't expensive anymore and not slow for the price. The car has gained attractiveness used in that way. It's still somewhat heavy and seems to handle a bit hefty for a sports car according to people who drive them.

The G is sexier. Problem is 350z has vlsd that wears and acts like an open diff at 60k+ miles. Mech diffs are about 1.2k. Also needs to shed a hundred pounds or more. Other than that the z and g are fantastic. Solid engine, lots of horsepower unlike pos miata, and they look pretty sporty too

>pigfat needs v8
>next closest v8 car weighs 500lb more
350z is not as heavy as people like to troll

I like you, as a friend.
I've allready found someone lighter and mid engined and smaller.

100 pounds is an easy weight to lose on a car of its class.
Lightweight battery, thats 20, sport seats that's 30, lightweight headers, that's another 20-30, lightweight hood, that's 10, lightweight wheels that's 20 etc
Estimate is off since i'm going on guesswork based on my own allready featherweight car but I wouldn't be surprised if that's over 100 pounds right there.

400z with the new biturbo V6 from the Q60 when?

>make fast looking car with a body made for going sideways
>make it FWD and/or autotragic
Why do japs do this?

My thoughts exactly. All the 350z really needs is a mechanical lsd and with some basic weight reduction it is a solid track car with 300hp. If get an 07 or 08 as those 350z come with the vq35hr engine.

The top trim was twin turbo awd. The reason they make lower trims are the same as any other car - girls and normies

>500lbs
>Almost the same

also

>No toibos

My 350z

Handling is gud
Accelerates gud
Price is Right

Not a bad car. /O can fuck themselves on this one.

It weighs an entire american more

I don't think its easy to put on a mechanical LSD on them. The stability control on them for better or worse works in concert with the VLSD. Its why you can't run squared setups on them either, only staggered.

I'm considering either a 07-08 Z, S2000, or Evo VIII as a track car. The Evo is the best car IMO but its also like $4-7000 more.

>meh car detected

Should i stick to only turnoing a miata or keeping a miata stock and getting a 350z?

Looks like an Audi.

Its 100lbs lighter than a TT 32....

The 350z weighs 3188lb
The 300zx TT weighs 3602 with the 2+2 hardtop with the lightest TT option coming in at 3310lb.
The 300zx weighs a lot more than the 350z with 2 seats and more than the G35 with 4 seats TT.
The mech lsd swap is very easy you just swap them out. I've heard the quaife diff is best for daily. It is expensive if you buy an already high mileage car.

I don't, I just like new edge rustangs better

there is still room for you in my heart

I heard the VDC/Stability Control is REALLY intrusive on Zs though. The plus side is that it makes them awesome as grip cars and very hard to crash. The downside being that it'll act up with squared wheel setups and once you get faster.

From doing research they're good cars. Only real issues on HR cars being concentric clutch slaves and oil galley gaskets.

I'd say that goes for nearly all early traction control systems.

heh my clutch diff in my skid car (v body) wore out after a couple thousand k's
shame about everything else on those cars besides the engine and steering is garbage

They're honestly sexy cars, I was either gonna get one of these or a Miata and I chose Miata.

Doesn't the top trim of the 350z weigh around 3600 lbs though?

>chrome wheels

Why are you comparing it to the Z32? The Z32 was where the Fairlady really started to turn to dogshit.

Yeah the convertible Grand Touring.

A regular 230-240whp DE is like 3200-3300lbs and a 260-270whp HR is 3300-3400lbs.

Its not bad. The HRs have the same power-weight as a E46 M3.

Doesn't matter, you have to go back to the 260 before you even get to decent weight for its day, everything after that was heavy as fuck and the 350z is arguably middleweight for its day.
>280z weighing 2900lbs in 1978 as a coupe
>not pigfat

too big and too slow

>overhyped garbage engine
>shit clutch
>Tupperware interior
>odd postmodern styling that never looked good and aged horribly
>parts were and are way too expensive

The only redeeming quality of the Z33 was its transmission

that and the altezza are the designated rice cars of this generation. Just leave them for the faggots to ruin.

how can you ruin what was never good to begin with

fart cannon, cooking pot rims and an evo wing wrapped in carbon duct-tape

They're factory. Look much better than the other wheels available. Better than the rest of Veeky Forumss Walmart Plasti dipped shit at least

because of it was the beginning of the end for good RWD nissans

I'm thinking about getting a 350z for my first manual and first rwd car. I just want a fun, quick thing to hoon in, and this thread is scaring me. Should I not do it?

As of right now they're good poorfag cars for the price.
Don't listen. It's fine.

No it's fine for that. These guys are just faggots.

t. fatass butthurt 350z owners

>looked for these for a long time always liked the way they looked, especially the 370z hng.
>7,000$ minimum
>check now, after I've invested in an ancient rx7 that I won't be able to get rid of now that I ran it into a guardrail
>3,000-5000$ for a good 350z
Fuck this gay earth

With you on this one, here's mine.

fucking disgusting

I...I like her. I doubt anyone in this thread has a car that handles better.

I like the 350z
However the interior is definitively a downside
Great price to performance for a used one

Stylistically speaking, I wish the car was a couple inches more narrow and the cabin was was pushed back to make it have the long hood and shorter cabin like the original fairlady had, but it's not a complete dealbreaker

interior does suck, specifically because it gets scratched to hell just by breathing on it. Luckily there's tons of aftermarket interior kits. With some modifying you can really clean it up. Pic is similar to what I want to do to my Nismo Z

it does look hideous and every small blemish is instantly noticeable, plus cleaning the dimpled finish will always leave inconsistent streaks

on the flip side, I'm a lanky cunt but the shifter position, seat bolstering, wheel position and pedal position are all imo fantastic and fit me perfect, easy to get a natural seating position that's comfortable during daily driving but the seats have just enough bolstering to keep me from moving around while I have the car on track

real damn shame it's all cheap plastic fitted together using mostly friction, sure it's easy to disassemble but all the plastic bits can buzz and rattle after they have a couple years to fatigue, also the terribly cubby in the middle of the dash would rattle and not stay latched so I just completely removed it

girl car

I think I really want one. But living here in Europe I'm afraid that tax and insurance will rape me until I bleed because of the engine displacement. I was thinking that the GT86 is more economical and just as fast and fun. Am I right or wrong?

how big is the insurance and tax difference between a 3.5L engine and a 2.0L engine?

The 350z is fat as shit. A tuned miata is much funner imo. Better if you turbo or nox it

ugly, fat, v6, how could you go wrong?

You know that the Z32 is also pigfat right?

I don't hate it but... I don't like it either. On the other side I felt something at first sight when I saw the 370z.
Sorry.

Show me that ass babe

She thicc

>casual slice of bread

wonder how that got there

Well I did some maths and the difference in annual insurance payments between 3.5L and 2.0L is about €175. It may not seem that much but then there's a higher road tax and that's just incalculable.

These are still like 20k eur car in Europe and likely to never bottom out until they become meme cars in 10 years the future.

Driven one 10 years ago, it felt more like a pigfat coupe than a tight sports car. Interior was horrible.

>You're not this
Sad but true...

Might be getting one soon
Though undecided
I know it's spoon feeding but pros and cons?

I mean, the designers tried to
pic is the prototype car that eventually morphed into the 350z

Here's the front
Pretty questionable design for a front but it is a concept car after all

People panned its design at the time which made Nissan go back to the drawing board to redesign this into the 350Z

Lower it
give it the 350 headlights and I'd buy it

>Pros

>Cons
Early models burn oil and have transmission problems
Fat
Slow
Owner community is stancefaggots and retards
Sounds like someone farting into a trumpet
Dollar Tree interior that rattles and breaks

Not worried about the community thing as there is no stance faggotry where I live
And slow is relative, the fastest thing I've driven is an old Yaris

>i couldnt find a propper sports car

I'm paying about 1.5k yearly in insurance and 200 in taxes. So far it's worth the fun I'm having with it.

Ohh yes, much moreso than the 350z comparatively, it's also loved.

>engine sounds bad
t. 3 cylinder fartcan