>FAQ
pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f
>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
InfraArcana v19 has been released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
IA v19 Changelog can be found here: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v19.0/res/release_history.txt
Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044
New 4.1.0 Oook.cz comp which no one from here will play:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php
URR (non-)update:
ultimaratioregum.co.uk/game/2017/06/24/burnout-and-the-future/

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>in case /dcssg/ ever wants to play games other than crawl online
roguenex.us/ (CDDA)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/home (InfraArcana)

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Coolthulhu/Cataclysm-DDA/releases/download/untagged-d20f3c06e42c10ee13f7/cataclysmdda-0.C.zip
crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21527
youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6xnVQuFzw
youtu.be/DZ_RQWxGBS0?list=PLZqsyBiYZFQ3I4SwtBLnQCKdLSNU5tXTu
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hellcrawl is pretty lit, it actually makes playing crawl exciting and suspenseful as opposed to the complete and utter snoozefest that vanilla crawl is.

What's different between Hellcrawl and regular Crawl? I've only played vanilla 0.20 Crawl.

yeah I played it too the other day and I really love that streamlined experience

How's it streamlined? I just learned the manual skill allocation tech, and it's pretty tedious and annoying to do, usually.

build of the game with fixed aiming math: github.com/Coolthulhu/Cataclysm-DDA/releases/download/untagged-d20f3c06e42c10ee13f7/cataclysmdda-0.C.zip

stairs are basically hatches, once you're on a floor you can't go back up. This punishes you pretty heavily for sloppy play, and makes bad encounters pretty interesting to play out since you can't just retreat to a staircase and stairdance for eternity anymore.

No lair or orc, dungeon goes to 15 where you can choose between orc, vaults, or depths which all contain certain rune branches and all link between each other. And, the magic background spells got changed quite heavily, especially AE.

Can I get a download link or link to all the changes it's made from the main branch?

Oneyplays a roguelike when?

all the changes are in the first post of this thread IIRC
crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21527

It's playable on the berotato and project357 servers(CBRO and CPO) but it does have a github page.

Also, on another note, I've never had this mutation before. I guess a free +10 AC is nice on top of the +4 AC I already have. Now my defence are looking pretty nice for ring mail.

What a noble sacrifice!

Reminder that pretty much nothing you post here requires a trip code to confirm your identity. No one checks trips to verify anyhow.

dont bully iadev

You must be new here.

Now that's a get and a half. Anyway, I came across this pack of enemies. Right off the bat I can tell enemy spawns and dungeon generation seem very different, and the lack of identifying and hunger is much appreciated. Both were features I'm happy were kept out of this fork.

>get impersonated once
>wear a trip for years when making irrelevant posts
He's better than this.

reminder that using a tripcode to post shit like official game releases is totally kosher
it is haraam to keep the trip to post in other threads or post about things unrelated to its original purpose though

IA Dev is for praise, not for bully.

>Search Fireden
>No results
?????

Surely penisperson will come now that there is a new IA release.

In other news, why doesn't Coolthulu just rape the Kevin by forking the repo?

Veeky Forums has no dubs except 0s
also that isn't even close to a recent vg post number, it's probably from another board and user just cant into Veeky Forums

I just checked Fireden, too, it was a Cirnoposter saying something about forgetting something on a Veeky Forums about maps and graffiti in the ancient world, so nothing that'll be missed that much.

Reminder to always check spider basements when you can.

the cirnoposter who scripts for dubs in /a/ also posts in Veeky Forums?
hmmm

Here it is

Gr shouldn't have much trouble until vaults, that's where the assfucking begins in hellcrawl since you will likely have no MR boosting items and marking means you will end up fighting the entire floor without any means of stairdancing or resting until the mark goes away.

Literally nothing on the keyboard will scroll crafting descriptions when examining a recipe. Great job.

First two wins in a row in a while.

Just made it to the sixth floor. Is anyone else playing this?

Do multiple pieces of equipment with *Corrode give you a higher chance of getting corroded?

yes

What game is that?

>inb4 hownew.ru
Very.

pokemon murder simulator 2016

Demon

Yes, each one gets its own roll

When my char killed that Mi-Go commander and he dropped his fancy suit, I got the message depicted on the screenshot. Char did not wore a Mi-Go armor at that time and, of course, did not tried to take it off. Possible bug?

>it costs money
Doubt many others would play it here tbqh desu.

I'd interpret this as the armor having attacked you, but I might be saying bullshit.

Boggarts are some bullshit.

Oh crap - yeah that's a bug. Thanks.

So there's definitely gonna be a v19.1.

>picking chei in hellcrawl
brave man

Can you also fix the thing with enemies being able to lock into your position after using teleport?

I guess a quick fix could be that teleporting causes all monsters to forget the player (unless you teleport to another position within their FOV).

It's yarrable. i'm going to give it a spin when I'm done with cdda again.

Can I get a quick rundown of it? The minion system seems good from the one screenshot I saw.

Yeah, or even having them remain in the alert state for X amount of turns if it's doable (so that they would be incapable of knowing your position, but would not immediately regress to blue-background mode)

The problem with that is that the AI is really simplistic - if they are "aware", they know where you are, and will try to move to you.

Although when I think about it - this should just be a matter of adding another state:
"aware, but not allowed to use pathfinding to reach the player".

No I mean, you know when they become "wary"? They could get into that state without knowing where you are right?
Or, if ti's not very big deal, adding that other state would be ebst indeed.

I see. I did think you meant the "wary" state first, but in that state they still have blue background, so then I assumed you meant "more aware than that".

I'll probably just set them to the "wary" state for 19.1, and look into adding more states later.

I really dislike Saint Roka. I killed every enemy on the floor except for them, I should have just left the area, I think. Fault is all mine, shouldn't have been greedy.

what's the best ghostbuster combo in crawl, now that dispel undead is gone?
I've left one too many minotaur fighters in the dungeon and I'd really like to get rid of them while soaking up the delicious free XP.
Berserkers work well, but I don't really want to produce even more gozu meelee ghosts.

>Got a new computer a while back
>Hadn't played Crawl in a while
>Download and make a human fighter, just for the hell of it
>Got to the second floor, didn't find much on the first floor
>While I'm searching around "You fell through a hole in the floor"
>Oh shit! okay... Gotta make my way back upstairs
>Take a few steps
>"You fell through a hole in the floor"
>Immediately get swarmed by all kinds of shit.
>Barely survive the encounter
>I try to rest, but a rat fuckin' comes out of nowhere and deals the 2 damage needed to kill me

SO I'M A LITTLE RUSTY, OKAY?!

>implying random shafts have anything to do with skill

That's one of the most bullshit mechanics of crawls.

ghosts just disappear if you literallywalkaway from them and end up dying on any floor other than the one they live on
so anything other than naga

I'm playing it right now, item world is buggy as fuck
It's cool that they borrowed a concept from Disgaea though

>nuke
>made of 2 tin cans, 1 grenade, 1 plutonium cell, 1 battery, and 1 power converter

is that a new mechanic? I thought they always persisted if you didn't clear them, seems like I thought wrong.

It kind of got a bit too much for me after some back-to-back spooky encounters on three floors, my potions of berserk rage are limited.

they disappear the moment they spawn
but when you die, a new ghost file is created that includes your current character plus all ghosts on the same level
so a ghost can only stick around if you die on the floor it lives on

are you telling me... that I have to... literally walk away? roguelike strategy is rough, man.

>Look for an atomic coffee maker
>Can't find one
>Look for a Rivtech design binder to get the recipe
>Search an entire lab
>Crack open several bank vaults
>Can't find one
Should I just debug it?

How do I get camera systems to work in cataclysm?
I have cameras set up. I have a camera control system set up. The cameras are not linked to the camera control system for SOME REASON, and I don't know how to link them.

Yeah, if you want to be the sort of person who has to resort to cheating at DDA.

Most common place to find one is coffee shop, I think. Or start with electronics 3 for the recipe.

There is no need to link anything, but you need to be standing on the tile with the system for it to provide vision.

you may also have to turn the cameras on at the vehicle controls

What music do you guys listen to while playing?

Jesus christ, how many children can they FIT into a school?
This took me all goddamn night.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gx6xnVQuFzw

pretty much any rap song with a hard beat

Stoner rock or black metal usually

i listen to podcasts

youtu.be/DZ_RQWxGBS0?list=PLZqsyBiYZFQ3I4SwtBLnQCKdLSNU5tXTu

don't tell /mu/

>not playing in silence, in true autist form

Don't go to schools. There is literally never anything worth it in them.

I'm -trying- to clear out the zombies from the area.
It's just jesus christ this school is packed.

They have a pretty big library.

They have the largest guaranteed collection of books. What more could you want out of a building?

>tfw see a Mind Eater
>Ok, that sounds dangerous, I'm going to gain some distance first
>It's faster than me even though I'm Lithe
>FUCK
>Throw what I can at it
>Too late
>Get literally stunlocked and mindraped
>Over the course of 50 turns insanity shoots up from 5% to 70%
>SEVENTY PERCENT
Jesus fucking christ.

Learn to manipulate your LOS. Saint Roka will destroy you with his crossbow and smiting if you try to walk at/near/around him with Chei.

Smite and the crossbow hurt so much, I'll try to learn how to do that. Was Chei a mistake?

Cata now has music packs, so that. I used to use streamed dark ambient but it was buggy and crashed my browser a lot.

What are some fun things to do with land mines in cataclysm?
I've gotten the ability to steal them, but I don't have anything to steal them... for.

:thinking:

What's the difference between a cheerful and a non-cheerful monster?

That's not a monster it's a perfectly normal statue.

>pet ancient gold dragon kills a monster
>level up
>evolve into a subrace that cannot summon dragons
why do you do this to me, video game

i'm still not sure which quylthulg flavors are the best mostly because i keep splatting around level 30, but i know dragon summons are the most consistently good with no chance of getting giant useless packs of blue horrors or ghouls

>Finally get started on blob vehicles
>Growing blob frame grew into gelatinous mass after 3 days
>Recipe was too expensive, don't want to keep making frames and waiting 3 days for a full vehicle
>Gelatinous mass can be disassembled into 2 growing gelatinous masses that finish in 3 hours

A big mistake in a game with no upstairs, it's obviously still winnable though.

Next time, go for gods with immediate benefit(e.g. Hep,Gozag,Ru) to bail you out of bad spots.

Is brogue fucking winnable at all if you don't get lucky on the first few floors? It seems like if you don't have good gear by dar blademaster depth you'll get torn to shreds every single time.

Winnable in a strict mathematical sense: no
Probably winnable if you've been grinding a single dungeon generation seed in order to do it opimally: yes
Reasonably winnable on your first try of that particular seed with a player who has gotten experience running other seeds: no

What game?

Looks like mpapseudoelliposchengbandR.

>grinding a single dungeon generation seed

literally not a roguelike

it's pseudoellimpaposchengband-R you degenerate

My bad, didnt remember exactly.

Fill it with blob feed and activate it. You probably want to do this in a basement.

This is a ridiculous amount of zombies to come out of that bowling alley.

Default spawn rate by the way.

/rldg/

Post ideas for roguelike games or features in roguelike games so that devs can make it possible for you to play them.

More like /rligg/