/eog/ EVE Online General - ded game, ded thread

Previous:
>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth.

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/63618464/
youtube.com/watch?v=J6Xp1rSd1Rw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>dedicated balance team

>dead game
>dead thread

Announce super ratting changes already reeeee

what

They said they were going to do something about it
No hint as to what

When is ccplease going to add new content to the game?

why super ratting specifically though, why not fix afk drones and fighter application

Because 90% of the wealth belongs to the top 1% or something

last thread was the shortest i've ever seen, truly dead

>Sale on gametime and an event that gives out plex going on
>Cost of plex still going up

What ship would George Costanza fly?

What's the best DST to go for?

impel #1

>event gives out 5 plex that you have to grind for
wow, much plex

Enyo

join tengo

has the cyclone buff been announced yet

>check out some eve streams
>streamers are FCing
>someone in fleet suggests something
>NO YOU DO NOT DO THAT IM FC YOU DO NOT GET TO CALL ANYTHING THAT IS NOT HOW SHIT ROLLS HERE OKAY DO NOT THINK YOU CAN WASTE MY TIME AND YOUR FLEETMATE'S TIME BY DOING CRAP LIKE THAT OKAY? UNDERSTAND? ______ I SAID, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?
This always happens when nerds are given an ounce of authority

>checking out eve streams
>suddenly see my name in local

>corpmate feeds his 1b tengu to a incoming fleet that was reported on intel

So I see people multiboxing like 20 hulks and they all turn on their miners at exactly the same time. How the fuck do they do that?

if you're actually sure they're doing that within 1 or 2 server ticks then you report to CCP

Broadcasting software. Its bannable.

zkillboard.com/kill/63618464/

reminder to not mine during stratops

Why do Goons keep awoxing their own rorquals?

>died 2 minutes after a ping went out
Glad I didn't log in.

>Being in Horde

>not having a horde character

>not having a horde character for awoxing

On youtube there is all kinds of great music from EVE, but where the fuck does it actually play in game? I'm in null and all I ever hear are the creaking sounds or whatever they're supposed to be, and then there's the generic high sec music that's always the same. What's the deal?

onerous

I need a good fit for the ARTY VAGABOND.

>someone has more accounts than i do and knows how to use them
>report them to CCP

>having a cap in PH
for what purpose

if someone can afford a rorq and have an intent to use one they shouldnt park that character in fucking horde

horde is one of the best corps to park your rorqual alts in. renting somewhere doesn't get you safety and it can be hard to get alts into goons/gotg/legacy when you're shooting them with your main.

being in goons is like paying 10bux to shit anywhere you want

Horde miners are fucking stupid. I regularly park my t3c in one of their mining systems and pick off excavators, and they just keep at it, losing drone after drone.

Do rorquals really mine enough to be worth the cost? I mean ~8b after hull, fits, and drones? That would take forever to pay itself off and that's if you don't lose any drones to gankers

>1 rorq 8b
>1 rorq alt 27b + 1.6b/month to plex
>350h + 16h/month before you make a profit
>100m/h after that

>10 rorqs 80b
>10 rorq alts 270b +16b/month to plex
>350h + 16h/month before you make a profit
>1b/h after that

>20 rorqs
>2b/h

Yeah that sounds really shit. Not sure why so many people use them.

youtube.com/watch?v=J6Xp1rSd1Rw

Because the amount of work you need to put into mining with a rorq is minimal.
Also if you're caught, corps will rageform to save you

>nooo you should be only doing max isk/hr all the time and stop doing shit you want waaah
nice asshurt

Who said this? I don't think anyone said this. Sounds like you might be really insecure bud.

You can rorq mine for 12 hours every day if you're a NEET or work from home. A guy with 20 rorqs mines a super in 7 hours.

Because all the setup and running the sites didn't take any time and all the good farmholes aren't taken.

last thread soem fag was sperging about "no u pooor :("

>Leddit has a hateboner for the d-scan sound
What's their problem? It's fine.

>goooong
no it isn't

>Using a warp scrambler on someone to prevent them from warping gets you concorded in highsec
>A Mach can bump a freighter in highsec for an hour to not only prevent them from warping but also get them out of range of gateguns and give a gank squad time to form
>This is not punished by game mechanics in any way
?

because ree emergent gameplay

>undocking without your own bumping mach alt, brick tanked rapier alt, suicide blackbird alt, neutral scout alt and emergency cyno if it's a jf

>spend 20 minutes grinding project discovery
>level up
>wreathe skin
>bantam skin

>hisec cyno

>emergency cyno
Enlighten me.

>get bumped in highsec
>use suicide blackbird if they point you
>jump to lowsec

They were considering making it so that if you're trying to warp for 3 minutes it autowarps you regardless of your orientation but all of the elite hisec pvpers shit themselves in anger at the prospect so they never implemented it.

Glorious Wormhole Master Race

LE BEST WAY 2 DEEL WITH BUMPZ iS 2 NOT GET CAUGHT USE A WEB ALT
but nah I agree there should be a fourth fitting option for freighter (tank/align time/cargo space). An anti-bumping fit would still have a shit tank and shit cargo space and you can be BTFO the moment you drop cloak. It would eliminate being bumped for god knows how long while they take their sweet time rustling up enough doods to deal with you, gankers would actually have to be attentive and ready to undock as soon as they get the signal that you're coming down the pipe.

>suicide tackle blackbird sits on gate
>15 purifiers cloaked nearby
>freighter jumps in
>he's anti-bump fit
>only need 5 purifiers to gank it

At least then they were prepared. Way better than bumping for an hour as they form up.

>living in a hole made by a worm
baka senpai

I multiboxed and tried bumping myself, couldn't really get out of it. Only counter I can think of besides ganking the mach is switching to a JF and emergency cynoing when things get fishy.

The only time you're supposed to take gates in a JF is when going from lowsec to Jita. You keep an exit cyno ready in a quiet lowsec system that's in range of your route.

>emergency cynoing when things get fishy
Heard stories from JFs running out of fuel because of this. JF users can be pretty funny.

Heard stories of dumb JFs getting Nyxed on the undock every day.

>tfw the Sapphire Sungrazer skin can't be applied to the Nyx
Why does almost every Gallente skin have to be shit?

>Rorqals mining everywhere you look
>no minerals on market
>it's cheaper to import T1 fighters from Jita than to buy them locally
>can't even T1 fit a cap because everyone only uses contracts
>the 1+ tril networth industryfags only build to order and keep nothing in stock

Sounds shit enough to make me belive you're in test.

Yes. Welcome to nullsec.

>not owning every BPO in the game and building whatever you need

>not uninstalling the game

sleipnir

dead timezone

autztism

Why do you need other skins when you have Serpentis

>not interbus

>not roden

BCs should have +50% bonus to range and falloff and innate webrange bonus

kys kiteshitter

>xhe thinks you can't brawl at 15k

>tfw a rapier brawls you from 60km

>rapier
>dps of any kind

>cerberus brawls you from 100km

>nidhoggur brawls you on a stargate from an astrahus 1000km away

why should you be able to travel your fat ass around with utter impunity in highsec?

>why should I not be able to kill people in alpha noob space

>alpha noob space
>2004 players still running lvl4 missions in golem

Remember to fit expanded cargohold to your batleship.

Large Cargohold Optimization II

Kronos

This plus and Orthrus is probably the most fun I've had in awhile.

Y'all so focused on dank memes and enforcing your own culture that you seem unaware its killing itself.

This is the thread that'll attract new players from Veeky Forums. You yourself can bring lifeblood into the 'dying' system. Make the effort to make this place worth visiting Anyone dedicated enough could even run a recruitment drive across the boards, yo?.

>unironically implying eve is worth bringing new players into

You shouldn't. The point is, the mechanic implemented to give highsec a reasonable amount of security is being circumvented and arguably exploited. The varying reaction times of Concord according to system security is a great idea and allows for pirates in increase their activities into 'safe' space; this is how highsec piracy was intended to happen. Instead we've getting people literally pushing others around until one party gets bored.

>why should you be able to travel your fat ass around with utter impunity in highsec?

You've said it here perfectly; if they don't have the right to impunity, neither do you.

Whats really interesting here is the use of the word 'impunity'. Google defines it as "exemption from punishment or freedom from the injurious consequences of an action". IE, its only ever the aggressor who can have impunity, never the victim. The use of the word has been twisted; rather than "I have freedom from the punishment for my action" it has become "You don't have freedom from my punishing action". I imagine this was the intent of the original 'impunity' rhetoric; who ever thought this up manipulates well.

About to try out EVE. I get that this game is centered around player interaction so the fun part is PvP, but are there PvE content that is done with other people like "raids" and "dungeons"

yes

Social interaction isn't limited to PVP.
Basic quests pretty much equate lvl 1 through 4 missions. there are plenty of other things to do that'll feel more like dungeons and raids; you pretty much make your own content in EVE.
If you're looking for a more dynamic experience with other players, once you've found your feet in the NPC corp you could try looking for PVE exploration corps. As far as I know they'll tend to run combat signatures which is pretty much decent PVE with godo rewards, plus you'll be moving around a lot so it'll feel more dynamic. Just don't fall into the trap of running missions all day every day; that gets boring real fast even with a group of friends.

At the moment I've trying to figure out how to piss of nullsec corps as a single player. Wormholes allow easy access to their space; I just gotta top up on PVP skills to start messing with them. I guess you could call this a raid of sorts, especially if you and a number of others decide to destroy their stations and take their space.