/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not as dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Garry's Mod
>GearBlocks
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Skywanderers
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general.
>Warthunder, found in the Warthunder general, /wtg/, not in this general.
>World of Tanks, found in the World of Tanks general, /wotg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb is back online, open to pubbies
space-engineers.com/server/73821/stats/

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/474890/Uncrewed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Welcome to Earf.

best weapon to smurf 3500~ PS with?
i tried pickup cabin + hammerfall + 2 purple coolers and it seems the most viable yellow weapon to take to that PS
i was thinking going for triple pyre
anybody tried that?

how is this, badly cropped, pic relevant to anything?
/egg/ is a very busy thread, we don't want to reach img limit too soon

What is the best defense against this?

Gassing when?

Being heavy as fuck

remove tunnel vision

spreadsheets are cool
data is cool

Not rushing in the map where you don't have to rush, staying with teammates and hope someone else gets stabbed, being on the move at all times, having the high ground.

>becoming the cloaked guy with explosive spears

>"caliber"
what else? you write armor and center?

I don't understand mate

He's making a calibre armour centre meme.

oh I get it now

Nice, will you make one for the simple weapons too?

>play cuckout for the past three days
>all the factions are pretty much the same
>the grind is real
>matches last about 2 minutes
>everyone's builds are similar
>realize I wasted 3 days playing this
It was fun while it lasted.

Maybe, I'm only working on this so I don't have to remember off the top of my head what all the stats on the various weapons and armors their are. Simple weapons are very clean cut.

y'allstd've nubians need turrents

>What is the best defense against this?
Toss the Rapiers, for starters. Also, on this PS a Jawbreaker isn't warranted, it's a DMG soaking barn that can't be efficiently covered with armor pieces without jacking up the PS even higher, where a single cannon and a rapier doesn't cut it.
In fact, there's too many things wrong with that build, gb2 the drawing board.

I have those

They are self contained, if you blow them up, there's no hole in the hull. Also, the new 3x3 and 5x5 turrets are the shit, those aim 160 degrees/second, while the older turrets that were on a 1x1 could barely turn 30 d/s

>What is the best defense against this?
Uninstalling the game

I'm working on upgrading all the turrets on this bad boy. Feels good.

Only been at it for a couple of days, so I don't have a ton of parts. Saving up for a growl.

You bet it, that ship i posted was made in 2015 and i never did any upgrade or anything, and i love the "How can upgrade this without changing too many blocks" feeling i have while tinkering with it.

Y'know I would probably like FTD if it was easier to get into
there should be more games in the genre of "make vehicles out of cubes and blocks to fight over resources on a planet surface"

>"make vehicles out of cubes and blocks to fight over resources on a planet surface"

Speaking of which, does anyone have this?
store.steampowered.com/app/474890/Uncrewed/

And if they do, can they post some webm of it?

>hard to get into
it's not hard to get into if you have 50 hours to spare

If it was prettier I could do that
I've spent a lot of time on games I don't actually want to play long term because they give a good first impression with visuals

I would probably like FtD if it wasn't a glorified sandbox.

what's wrong with you

>If it was prettier I could do that
It used to look like this, after 2.0 it has gone a looong way

FtD is an exceptionally ugly game

it still looks like that........

haven't tried it in a long long time
Well, I have eyes that can see details and differentiate colors, maybe that's bad for this game

hmm that's quite interesting

Maybe you should get guns first, also consider dust as an option if you wanna go fast, worse on every way, but with less ps and cheaper.

Growl has fucking 750 ps.

Yes and no, the game is still ugly, but textures and meshes from the game have been vastly improved

Which guns would you recommend? What do you not like about the autocannon?

Functioning eyes.

Tank wars on Ced serb when?

Dead men make no serbs

Fine, I'll make one. Who's up to join?

If it's creative so I can copypaste Karrus's carmageddon cars I'll join
t. that russkie cunt

Is the warbros serb still alive?
Is anyone maintaining it?

What was the last time you were here?

WARBROS/Keo serb is alive

Keo is maintaining it if you spend 90 minutes typing your best profanity on his steam profile, but luckily no one plays it so thats a non-issue

Cedrick is officially deceased. Or playing mechwarrior online. Depends how you look at it.

If you have a decent latency you can find some fun in there.

I am not that person, I haven't used the rapier after the buff, I guess its okay, but the gun is not very popular, 5 energy, easy to miss without scope, bad at close range.

Dunno about recommendations, maybe vector or some blue cannon?

Autocannons have minor splash damage that spreads over several neighboring parts, doing fuckall damage. And the splash zone for AC's, cannons, rockets and grenades is a hemisphere, meaning damage is full only at the right angle. Explosive spears and Executioner have a cone splash zone. Porcupine minelayer and Mandrake arty have a full sphere splash zone. "Splash damage" is actually 22 hitscan rays calc'd from the point of explosion and spread within a certain radius and angle.
I'd recommend sticking with MGs and shotguns for now. Use coolers only. Radiators decrease DPS for most automatics, except GLs and miniguns and die Flammenwerfer. A bit later on, obtain an ammo box and 2 Wasps, put on Growl.
Mechanics' grilles/gun mounts are the most important parts, they take just 10% damage and pass through 90%. Attach them on the cabin or frame, they tank splash dmg and allow robust mounting points.

Remove elf

Which general would be nature loving faggot elves that would oppose us enggineers?

Space station 13 general

Building a singularity drive only to blow it up, double secfaggots

>implying
You fucking carbon syndicate faggot fuck off from my station reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Scorpion brawl S O O N

What's a fun free egg game?

There is literally nothing wrong with being syndicate

fuck off dronetrash

Fuck you carbon scum
Silicon master race

>containers rewards are being replaced with temporary items that you get to keep for 2 hours (120 minutes)

thank you based crossout devs

All of them are free if you have the patience to find the proper page

Wait, really? I thought you faggots were misreading things.

BUY
BUY
BUY
BUY FUCKING EVERYTHING
BLUES, PURPLES, ENGINES, EVERYTHING

How did you collect the data?

Oh god, screw this. Mulitplayaer on Space Engineers suck.

I'm running into countless issues even hosting a server locally.

I realize the game is pretty dead on /egg/ but has anyone tried out the new build tools that Starmade added in the new update?

I don't get this meme. It has at least 2 game modes that more than meet the definition of a game with goals, lore etc. If ftd is just a glorified sandbox by that logic aren't command&conquer and total annihilation sandboxes too?

>decide to play factorio with /egg/
>look for the factorio steam group
>last factorio server posted in the steam group was 1 year ago
>ask to join group but people don't even reply
wut happen

>thread is /ded/
>the steam group would be any different
baka pepe poster

> if it was easier to get into
That would require the dev to have a clue about game design. Or at least the willingness to learn.

Rampant burnout.
A few months ago, there was a serb which went full railworld and decentralized production, but then host decided for a new game which promptly died.
Before that, it had been roughly a year of 'content update when'.

I'm calling FtD a glorified sandbox because of the absurdly low difficulty level.
Once you're past the vertical climb that is the initial learning curve (what is UI? where do camera? how make unit followed order? how to plane?), there's basically zero challenge or limitation.
Even if you were to provoke every faction into -100 relations, they will still for the most part sit on their asses and do nothing - if you're lucky they'll send a 20-point raiding party.

Against the vast majority of factions, a cheap fast plane with missiles and glide bombs will decimate whatever you'll be facing, as the AI designs trend heavily toward very weak anti-air.
Not that the quality of your own designs matter particularly, given that you have more resources than you can spend, once you've captured a second or third resource node.
Should you ever find yourself a particular enemy vessel that's problematic, chances are you can simply brute force it away by tossing more (or larger) vessels at it.
I'm well aware that most RTS rely on cheating AI for any difficulty above "hard", but in the case of FtD it's frankly pathetic; the base difficulty is sandbox.

Can't we make a new server? People post factorio pics at almost every thread. The 0.15 is already accessible through the steam settings.

It has difficulty settings now. custom and preset.

What part of burnout did you not understand?

>difficulty settings
Are you referring to the settings for 'growth factor', 'resources given by enemy' and 'design difficulty'?
Above criticism is written with that in mind, all difficulties (bar the damage modifier, that's nothing more than AI cheat) set to max.

no vydia gaem?

Nah.

I think I never had this much fun before, hunting cabins with tow at 2,6k is just so much fun.

What PS is that cabin again?

Its a white one.

No wonder. I can only get my TOW growl down to about 3k.

what game is this?

FTD

He finally added multiblock turrets? I got to get back into this game.

live

There are no good /egg/ games. Time to let the general die.

die

Fire may burn, but death can't die.

If there's nothing alive to die, then can it not be said that death has died?

too easy to live

too hard to die

Depends, are there artificial intelligences still in existence that carry on our concept of death and equate it to termination?

Because then the concept of death lives in despite nothing living left to die.

If the concept of death lives, and can die, then there is still something alive to die - and therefore death has not died.
I'd further argue that if a concept can be considered alive, then so can an artificial intelligence.

so many turret faggots

Thanks for your contribution.

>tfw concepts and ai can have more of a life than you

does anyone here actually play speng anymore? is the new update hot garbage? why does everything I try to make with moving parts explode?

>does anyone here actually play speng anymore?
No.
>is the new update hot garbage?
Probably, but good luck finding anyone whomstdvell be playing it to find valuable feedback.
>why does everything I try to make with moving parts explode?
Because Keen.

It is still shit. Seriously. I am fuming. There is no excuse!