/ccg/: FUCKING IDIOT EDITION

I don’t have the sticky for these.
I also don’t usually start threads for generals.
But I need somewhere to complain.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, I JUST FOUND SOME SHIT OUT.
So i’ve Had my car for around three months now.
My shitty old Toyota Sienna never got the coolant changed or checked except for when it got oil changes, which, being the Veeky Forums equivalent of a normie, I had the dealership take care of.

Well, now that i’ve Got the falcon, I find out that coolant is a monthly (minimum) thing that I have to check.
Why?
Because it started running hotter than usual.
I had been misreading the cap as 240 when it was actually hovering right at 190-200.
Not good, but not horrible either.
Well, I took her out to go see Christmas lights with my family earlier, and then came back home. I checked the cap itself on a whim because I know that the electrical readout is BS and I was just feeling a little suspicious.
It was ACTUALLY 240.
FUCK.
So, I decided to check some he manual for some things.
Then I decided to read some google shit.

It looks like the following
>I didn’t keep up with engine coolant refills
>the previous owner may have used the wrong kind of coolant and it has caused problems
>probably both
So. My to do list for tomorrow is the following.
>obtain CORRECT antifreeze
>empty the cooling system
>replace antifreeze
>release excess oil because lol what is US measurement?
>pray to god that the cylinder head doesn’t have any problems
And all of this requires a highway drive to my local fucking maker space, because i’m Too poor for my own tools.
I just want my baby to be okay.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZpP4fbgeE
mobile.craigslist.org/cto/d/67-fairlane/6417553959.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does anyone have the copypasta?

Huh, i didn't know Americans got Falcons, why did they stop getting them?
are they the same car as the old aussie falcons?
looks like the same body shape.

Holy shit calm down.
If it didn't boil over it's still fine.
You may have a head gasket leak.
Did you put in waterless coolant? That always runs hotter then water.
Check the hoses for leaks.

No, we had our own falcons.
Strayan Falcons were a different animal (better imo.)

I didn’t do anything at all with the coolant.
That’s the main problem.

I have an unknown coolant style/brand, and I don’t know the last time it was changed because I was told everything was A-Ok, and being a dumbass who just bought his first used car, I didn’t question it beyond “does it run right”.
And it did at the time.
Perfectly with the only real problem being that the idle mixture seemed low, and it caused it to die if you accelerated too fast.
Adjusting the idle screw fixed the engine deaths and caused it to run hot.
Now I can’t get it to go back down without it being even easier to kill.

So that’s all good I guess.
Like I said, i’m Swapping the coolant and making sure it’s topped off tomorrow, so that should at least tell us if it’s the coolant that needed filled/swapped, or if the thermostat’s fucked or worse.

I’m sorry I tend to be panicky.
I’m just learning on the go, and shit keeps going wrong.
I did buy the car for that reason, and I do like jumping straight into the deep end.
But I still panic.
What were the differences?
Also, I can tell you the Canadian models came with a cheaper AC that came standard apparently.

/CCG/ - Classic Car General

dead general edition

Previous thread:

Generic copy/pasta incoming:

>Cars are considered classic at 25 years old, but a vehicle really needs that certain something, to be classic.

>Everybody has their own taste, enter if it's of age or rarity.

>Post your classic, your work on it, your hackery, and get advice.

>Any and all discussion about classics welcome, but may not necessarily generate responses, don't get butthurt.

>Any and all classics welcome regardless of nationality.

>Classic shitbox > modern shitbox.

>It's perfectly fine to use RTV. Ignore the haters.

>You will inevitably spend twice your budget, no exceptions unless you mint your own hash coins.

Thank you user.
Please also note i’m A poorfag of the highest degree.
I, accidentally, got this car cheaper than literally anything else I could have bought in my area.

I don’t know how it happened.

>What were the differences?
Wiki says the first cars were the same but after that they just grew into a different car it looks like.
tfw no Last of the V8 Interceptors.

It’s interesting to see how the Falcon seems to have been as popular if not more popular than the ‘stang over there.

When is a car considered classic?

Mine will be 20 years old soon and the platform dates back to 1997

Motherfucker.
One fucking time someone forgets a sticky and we start having retards have to actually ask.

Read the fucking sticky here

It kind of fills the same role, Strayans get cool stuff.
Tfw no 265 """"""""""""""""""""hemi""""""""""""""""""""

In the US at 25 years but most of us don't think of classsics as just a 25 year old car. More like it has to be a particularly different vehicle as compared to modern standards.

Did some work on the Packard; red wheels look cool.

Waiting on the correct battery, but I have a new voltage regulator and set of points in her.

First start coming soon.

>first start coming soon
Consider me hyped.
Congrats drac.

Please record it. I want to hear that straight 8.

Will do; also, the previous owner cut the exhaust so it's a straight pipe that dumps right by the passenger's side door.

It must sound like classical music.

so its 25-30+ ?

Canada classes "classics" as 15 years or older dont they?
Well fine here is a 20-27 year old shitbox faggot geee platform dates back to 1989 are you happy now?

Maybe.
But does this look like Canada, faggot?

i dunno the board is based in america and run by a japanese

u tell me.

I think cars 5-15 are "old" and 20+ are classics 30+ are vintage

A good rule of thumb I use is, "Would a normie see it driving and think it's an old car?" If the answer is "No," it's not a classic. Oddly enough, this excludes my Corvette.

normies call 1-6 year old cars old and anything older than that is scrap/tradein

That's if you tell them the age.

I'm sorry but there's a distinction between classic and shitbox.

dont normies know how old cars are from infotainment shit?

pre 2010 infotainment feels ancient to me as a car person so if people get in a car that doesnt have 300dpi+ screens everywhere they'd know that surely

>w-wheres bluetooth?
>W-where is the usb and aux jack?
>Your car doesnt have android/apple play?
Oh im sorry what car do you drive user? Pic related

>Oh im sorry what car do you drive user? Pic related
My current fleet is a 2014 Scion tC, a 1961 Chevy Corvair, and a 1974 Plymouth Duster, along with a Honda motorcycle.

>2014 Scion tC
Why?

>
Gets me to work and back and is a Toyota.

If it isnt manual you should promptly kill yourself

It is because that's what they had on the lot.
Automatics are better anyway.

Americans got 2 and 4 doors, Different grille and tail light design to us Aussies.

They got up to the XT falcon, no xw or xy's over there, torino is close to the xa-xc

Man, there was this Pontiac Catalina for sale near the border, $6500, Pontiac 400, auto, 70k original, been in a hanger for a couple of decades. Looked incredible. I could have taken money from my savings and bought it but I told myself I wouldn't touch that money... Sold today before I could sell anything of my own to fund a purchase. It fucking stings, but I hope it was the responsible decision.

If your car overheats consistently you're going to cause damage, but don't be so concerned about this one time, plenty a car has overheated and lived. Flush/refill and try again, you might have a leaky head if the problem persists

>Automatics are better anyway.
>Automatics
>Better
>are
>anyway
you do realize your on a automotive board right? We're manualfags

when did you pick this up??

shutup falcunt

do you want me to call and have a nice chat? Go drift your automatic matey

please call me so we can arrange a date at my bar

nice try impostor

the real nos doesnt come here...

Right?

wrong baby, lets make love

i KNEW you was a fake

nice try barnyboi im onto your m.o. now mate

whats the point in buying a classic car when you can just get a HSV?

lol barney? ok mate ill see you in coffs real soon

wunna go watch sjwars on friday?
because uppity people think the v bodies are still bogan mobiles

Nitrous Oxide here. Falcunt is a maggot who will learn if he does not leave this board forever.

Learn that your not the real nos?

I know that already IMPOSTOR!

just leave this board you're now shitting up my thread pls just piss off

Don't make us toormina boys come smash you!

im not doing it he is!
nice try real locals say TORMI not toormina ya fag

you are samefagging

No i am not

>it's another "falcunt ruins a thread" episode

Why blame me when user is following me around doing even more shitposting?

I start 1/2 the threads on this board as user and you'd never know

you are ruining this board and we will make you pay

>ruining a board
>on Veeky Forums

Your mistake was crossing postie. Now you will see the power of the postie alliance!

nice try barney

Postie here, stop dragging my name into this. I have not browsed Veeky Forums in years.

dont tell me i keep having my name dropped here.

Physically rang up nos and he hasnt been here either its just a shitposter just let it go man go back to lurking and discords like the rest of us oldfags

Peace ~ Falcunt

falcunt we are going to take action

you call me a degenerate but you are a centerlink mooching freak

Who the fuck are these spammers ruining every god damn thread on this fucking board?

POST FUCKING CARS

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZpP4fbgeE

piss off REEEEEEEEE

make meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1981 Toyota Corona, 2.4L 22R

Gonna try and restore the interior, drop it an inch, switch from door mirrors yo fender mirrors, add a front lip, paint it red and black out all the chrome and trim. Those are Caroll Shelby wheels, will probably sell them and find something that goes with the color I'm painting it.

Bought running with a broken rocker arm from a shop foreman for $300

That thing would like awesome doing a rally or hillclimb.

It's getting a cardboard group b body kit and roll cage for Halloween

Better make them wheel arches WIIIIIDE

Made the deal about a month ago; but, it was only delivered last week.

All but one car I own are manuals m8

Anyway, I wonder what problems will arise if I drive this with the exhaust dumping right onto the ground

To keep the thread alive; this is exactly why, when I can build a proper garage with a lift, I intend to let anyone with an interest in cars come over and work on their vehicles.

>mfw i want to post on the board, but i havent touched the impala for a few days so there is no news...

I do have it up on FB marketplace and have some guy who seems to be interested in trading a 70 monte carlo (dream car) for it. Only reason im considering getting rid of it is cause i fear how much rust is under the windshield.

Here we go again..

Show me pictures of the Monte Carlo and I'll let you know if it's hiding anything.

Im still looking for a new classic to replace my 89 camaro
Ive found a junkyard filled with classics and one thats caught my eye is a 1965 Studebaker Cruiser. What would be involved in putting a big block chevy in it? Theres also a 84 firebird but the condition of the chassis is questionable

Sorry, 71. And this is the only pic on the ad. Not too seriously considering it cause its in SC, but i may do it if he delivers it.

There is also one for sale for 5500 (and someone offered me 5k for the impala) with a bent front fender and a fresh 454/5spd.

Dont hate cause i like variety.

A pre 60s car is gonna take a lot of work to get it to do anything over 55. And dont go for another turd gen. Save your shekles for a 2nd gen.

3rd gen looks similar enough, same goes for first gens, but I don't think you guys ever got 2gens looks.

Regular Car Reviews did a huuuuge video series where they rebuilt one from the ground up.

His was gen one year one. So hes probably knows about them already, seeing as they where same first falcon made over there in the land down under anyways.

Oof... thats sexy.

A 64 model, futura sprint.
64 and 65 where the only years the falcon had this body style, which is sad because it looked so clean. Also there small, I can still fit this tiny car well into a compact with out issue.

>Dont hate cause i like variety.
More like you can't learn to fix anything so you need to keep passing off cars in the hopes you'll find something that has survived 40-50 years without needing any maintenance.

>A pre 60s car is gonna take a lot of work to get it to do anything over 55.
Don't be ridiculous, 50's really was when the Muscle Car began. Speed limits back then were much higher.

>60's car will require a lot of work
I know that. Theres very few cars you can drop a 454 into and leave it at that. I was going to give it a full hot rod treatment with a Ford 9 inch rear end and complete suspension setup, i just wanted to know how hard itll be to put a performance chevy into a Studebaker compact sedan
>dont get a third gen, get a second gen
I would love to get a second gen, but i cant find any around here that are worth any time or money. The firbird is in good condition, it runs and drives, has some bad rust around the fenders but nothing i cant handle. Interior is in perfect condition and its already a manuel 5-speeD. Plus its only $600. Im still trying to make a decision but these are the cars ive found in my price range so far

>a pre 60s car is going to struggle with 55
Imagine unironically believing this just because your only experience is a anemic shitbox and because that shitbox is slow means any other 50s car is slow

Nah man, just get bored with body styles i liked but didnt love. Just finding what fits right.

Well shit, for 600 i say go for it. 3k can get you a decent 2nd gen.

Ive dealt with a few 50s cars. They arent slow, but 55 on stock everything was the norm. Yes some can go faster, but not by much if its a cruiser.

Lad they all go faster than 55 if they have OHV V8s. There is a reason the Buick Century is called the Century and it got its name in the 30s

>Yes some can go faster, but not by much if its a cruiser.
You are literally talking out of your ass right now. Your dingleberrys are typing for you.

Question: What do you guys do for a living that allows you to have enough money/free time to sustain project cars, and how can I do what you do? Pic unrelated

Professional shitposter

Ok there mightve been something lost in translation.

Back in the 50s, average speed limit was 55mph. Cars back then were designed to cruise at about that speed (not top out). Any 50s car with original running gear will cruise best at around that. Yes they can go faster, but for most, thats going full WOT. SOME may be better at cruising at faster speeds than that (65-70mph), but the average 50s vehicle wasnt really set up for it.

My 53 ford (flathead V8, 3 on the tree) did 55, maybe 60. Probably wouldve gone a bit faster with good tires. But on stock gear, i wasnt gonna cruise a 70mph for extended amounts of time.

Same with a coworkers 56 F100 with a 300-6; did 55, topped under 70mph.

Now if user swaps in a more modern engine, then yeah, all that is moot.

I work at a local resturaunt. I have connections with local junkyards so i get parts and shit for dirt cheap

Join the military. When youre single (or get bah, if youre smart with your money, you have disposable income.
Ive got a car payment, student loans, a loan for an engagement ring, insurance, cellphone bill, internet, utilities, go out a decent amount, and live in a higher end apartment. Im constantly blowing money on project cars and not really hurting for cash.

Now my other E3/E2s who get the same pay and have less bills than me, they live paycheck to paycheck...

Honestly, i think its dont go out drinking alot and youll be fine.

A few things my cripplingly retarded friend. A truck is not representative of the average car and neither is a car with an engine from the 1930s. A 300 wasn’t even available in Ford trucks until 1965. If you seriously believe an average car like a Ford with a 292 couldn’t reliably cruise at greater than 55mph or an Oldsmobile with a 324 and a Hydramatic couldn’t cruise at 70 if the driver wanted to, you need to reconsider your thought process

>Ford 300
>1956

Im guesstimating on the year, maybe a late 50s.

Or maybe 60s. Guess i was wrong, i admit to my retardation.

lol holy shit
Federal 55mph speed limit dates to the 1970s, most states had way way higher limits before then
Pls stop being so underage

Anyways, my retardation aside.

Whats /ccg/ thoughts on this?
Dont want to trade my impala for it or anything, but something about it makes me want it.

mobile.craigslist.org/cto/d/67-fairlane/6417553959.html

did u vote for Moore like a good goy