Why did japan stop making sports cars, Veeky Forums?

why did japan stop making sports cars, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

accessj.com/2013/05/annual-automobile-tax-in-japan.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

can't compete with the GTR

they didnt

370z
Miata
FRS/BRZ

None of these are sportscars you homosexual.

It's not profitable. Enjoy your crossover.

I bet you think the Skyline is tho

lol kids these days

Same reason why everyone stopped making cool cars.

Cars aren't marketed to men or people who like driving anymore.

Well GM's $70k camaro destroys the $300k pride of Japan. That has to hurt.

nice delusion, GM is trash, deal with it

>Cars aren't marketed to men or people who like driving anymore.

this is one of the most retarded things Ive read

have you ever read your own posts, stancefag?

Is there a single affordable and good Japanese V8?

Stance retardation is still far less retarded than and . You got a (You) from a fresh user, now run along.

How do these comparisons work? What if the faster one just had a better driver or the driver just did better?

why didn't GM hire a better driver then?

It's retardation from people with actual mental issues. Report and do not respond to fastestlaps posts. And no, the comparisons are not "scientific" with the same driver or whatever, nevermind that even that variable is dumb as some drivers' styles are more suited to different cars. Don't live by the bench, live by the gas pedal.

why are you comparing a camaro to a gtr

t. GM fangirl

sperg more cuckold
this.

Stop responding to fastestlaps autism. You weren't here for the 300+ reply shitfests a few years ago with literally just 2 mongs going back and forth clogging up the entire board.

ask him not my problem he got BTFO

I thought that was a decent insult slurry, why was it deleted?

why does this comparison need to be made
the gtr nismo is a racecar and the lc500 is a grand tourer designed to be comfy

this is like comparing a bentley and an ariel atom

>replying to prezbo

Right around the time Germany stopped making sports cars?

>None of these are sportscars

Might as well call anything that isn't an open wheel, open top, RMR gokart that can't be sold in the united states of crash safety "not a sportscar".

That's a no.

Pre-farted-in ISF.

>no manual option
The fuck. Is this all models or just the new ones ?
>msrp $60k
What a cuck mobile

>automotic only
>performs worse than an M3
>performs worse than a charger SRT8

It’s trash

>Is there an affordable and reliable japanese v8?
^yes^
>BUT IT'S NOT BMW OR FIX IT AGAIN TONY

The absolute state of Veeky Forums.

Lexus didnt they just make fat heavy slow grand tourers rather than light sports cars

besides the 86 there really isnt anything light and sporty anymore

blame changing socioeconomic demographics within japan and car buyers in general

>more women then men

you want the real, honest answer? it's because cheapish sports cars attract the worst demographic, and to shine a light on this I'll take you back to 2008.

2008 was the year the GTR was all over ever piece of auto media. every single magazine, website, show, etc had to get their hands on one and test out the blistering acceleration from a car that was only $70,000. now the car was stupid quick from 0-60, stupid fast around the track, and also surprisingly usable thanks to Nissan's experience building many many econoboxes. but when you have ferrari's, lamborghini's, porsches, etc all over the world, who is going to buy a cheap sports car? wrong, cheap people buy cheap sports cars. people who really can't afford expensive tires ever 10k miles, or expensive brake pads, or expensive transmissions, or even expensive insurance. by the end of 2008, the GTR had gone from the poster child of cheap performance, to demonized for its 'hidden' expenses.

now we all know that wasn't the biggest reason it was so polarizing, because the real reason was that magical transmission that allowed it to go from 0-60 in less than 4 seconds. every magazine tested the numbers, and they all found out it was true. unfortunately moving two tons of mass to that sort of speed puts a lot of strain on certain parts, and people that were testing this speed in the real world found that after running it a few times, the transmission would fail and it would leave the car broken down. but again, people didn't realize that this sort of performance is expensive, and also needs to be handled responsibly. so we have a fast, cheap-ish car that's expensive to maintain, not exactly bulletproof, but yet lives up to all the real hype which was stupid fucking benchmarks and side-by-side testing.

moral of the story? japan has brilliant engineers to design something, brilliant marketers to sell it, but it's going to be driven by stupid people who aren't realistic about their expectations.

What /is/ a sportscar to you?
You can't expect an Agera RS for $30k

I am not Prez/poo/?

why are you comparing an AWD driver nannie mobile to a RWD tire burner

>what is the entire UZ range
>what is the entire UR range
u dum

>speed limit (100km/h)
>road tax
accessj.com/2013/05/annual-automobile-tax-in-japan.html?m=1

Because it's a waste of time and a waste of manufacturing capacity to make and sell "sports cars" when it's more profitable to sell Camrys, Civics, and Sentras at a volume. Most of the Japanese manufacturers dumped sports cars to make higher tiered "luxury" models, Hybrid models, and in some cases EV cars.

>why did Japan stop building sports cars?
Everyone stopped making sports cars in the early 2000’s. The global economy had quite a few recessions and financial crises the world over, and few people in the low and lower middle class could justify or afford a 2 seater sports car like the Miata. Pure sport enthusiasts could buy a much cheaper sports bike and the more well off would rather have something sporty and comfortable like a G35 or 3 series coupe, or they had image problems and bought a muscle/pony car instead

Also, fuck GM vs GTR shitposters

nice damage control GM cuckold

sperg more brony fucker

>Sports car
>Miata

STOP

I’m not a brony and I’ve never been one

But it is. The traditional sports car uses common economy/family car parts in a specially designed chassis for cornering and light weight. However, kids these days think that bastardized mongrels that produce huge HP are sports cars. Normies don’t know the difference between a sports car and a supercar, a sports car and a muscle car, a sports car and a pony car, a sports car and a sporty coupe, or a sports car and a GT.

Only normies deny the MX5’s obvious lineage asca sports car

Seriously. Are you autistic but on a functioning scale? This is literally the best interpretation I have seen on here in a bit and literally made me think about my previous comment.

>I’m not a brony and I’ve never been one

stop lying, I am an oldfag and I've been here all summer

Too busy being the world leaders in sport bikes.

BMW can do both

Does the wrx sti or type r count?