Post 2010 Compatch/Hatch Performance

I'm looking for small wheelbased cars with a decent amount of power and solid suspensions. I'd like aftermarket support but its not a must. Trying to keep the car small either 2 door coupes or 3 door hatchbacks.

>Image
Not one of these, I hear they are slow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W7wCOxK0h8s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fiesta ST

>Civic SI
>GTI
>FoST/FiST/FoRS if you can afford it

forgot to say, NA. Not EU.

Fost is too big, Fist kinda goofy and I can't find a decent used one near me. And I'm not rich enough for a 45k focus.

S13 with a turbo kit

I'd rather turbo what I have over that.

and what's wrong with the Civic and GTI

Post 2010 civics are ugly, and the GTI is a vape car.

>wut car shud I buyz?
>didn't give a budget
>thought he was being clever posting a Veloster for guaranteed replies

Go away.

corolla im

toss the fuck out of it and you'll get your "performance"

FiST is goofy? It's actually the only choice if you want something smaller than a FoST in NA.

The back hatch is just too small. I would be all over the FiST if we got the 2 door.

>What is Beetle?
>What is Mini?
>What is Fiat?

Fiat 500 Abarth.
>smol
>qt
>light
>3-door hatch
>power/weight ratio is rather high
>dat exhaust sound
>no boiracers/vapelords

i want the modern equivalent of a 90s civic type r

I cannot believe there is nothing like it for americans

>NA, high revving 4cyl
>great suspension
>basic interior with sport seats
>not fuck ugly
>simple drivetrain
>no strange gimmicks
>a general focus on driving feel when designing the car

The beetle is not really an awful option for op's needs, but i dont think theyre very cool

The mini would be ok, if minis weren't unreliable and goofy looking and too big

the fiat 500 abarth is a great choice (no bs i actually think they're cool) if you can
Fix
It
Again
Tony

>Not one of these, I hear they are slow.

Ah you must be one of the booty-blasted JDM fags from the Veloster thread. No need to make an entire thread to just say that one line to be honest.

>>>NA, high revving 4cyl
>>great suspension
>>basic interior with sport seats
>>not fuck ugly
>>simple drivetrain
>>no strange gimmicks
>>a general focus on driving feel when designing the car

Literally the current Elantra Sport. Just rip the turbo off.

>fiat
>literally worst car brand ever

>elentra sport
>3,000 lbs
>200hp 1.6l turbo
Yea no

It's good.
youtube.com/watch?v=W7wCOxK0h8s

What's amazing is that it's basically a Veloster drivetrain and feature-set, just on an updated chassis.

New Veloster "Sport" may actually be exactly what you want, ironically.

it doesnt check all of these boxes, its not even a hatchback lol
but i didnt know this even existed, its interesting but i dont think its for me.

when i think of a high revving engine, im thinking at least 8k rpm. my current car ha a redline of 7, the elantra sport redlines at 6.5k rpm

It's not that I don't like it, The Velester Rally edition was on my watch list. It's just if I was going to spend 20k on a car, I'd rather spend 30k. Also even a 03 Boxster is above a regular Veloster Turbo on my list.

Earlier this year when I was seriously looking there were dozens of these things right around $15-17k. Virtually brand-new. That's a good deal when a comparable Civic is $5-10k more.

I haven't looked recently, so surely you can find them even cheaper now.

Korean depreciation is a thing of beauty.

The reliability on the 500s is actually pretty great. Little issues that were sorted out early. Now why can get one with 30k miles for 10k burgerbux.

Wrx/Sti hatch

Why not a veloster? It's a pretty solid choice.
Well equiped, strong design. If you what you're are doing with the shift, it's not that slow.

Small enough to still be practical
Decent amount of power of 270hp with lsd.

Megane RS

this if youre europoor, thing is the best hatch

OP said hes an americlap, they dont get good hatches.

that was sold in mexico

I agree

>if I was going to spend 20k on a car, I'd rather spend 30k

What the fuck kind of retarded logic is this? Get a fucking German car, it suits you for being a complete fucking retard.

>retarded logic
Not really, if I was going to buy a new car, I wouldn't settle for Veloster, I'd rather just spend the extra 10k and get something I would actually want.

It's like those people who settle for a base model performance car.

I honestly think the Veloster N is going to be not only the first truly good iteration of the car, but a great hot hatch in general. It’s supposed to be more powerful than the i30 N.

^THIS

But not if you're in the US. There it's just a 500 with some minor changes. Might still be fun, but nothing compared to euro Abarths. If you're in Europe, get the series 4 Abarth 595 Competizione (with Performance Pack, which adds a LSD among some cosmetic stuff).

What? The North American Abarth uses a multiair engine instead of the euro version, but makes similar enough power and torque. Additionally it sits a half inch taller and has a different suspension setup because burger roads suck ass, but to say it’s essentially a base 500 with some new stuff thrown on isn’t really accurate.

Suzuki swift sport is the closest you can get to an old type R

What?

That doesn't make sense you retard. You wouldn't choose the Veloster unless you were looking in that price range in the first place.

Would you take a GTI over it? Yeah, I would too but would I take a new Sonic or a new Civic Si over it?

No. The Veloster Rallye is faster and offers the same creature comforts.

It's performing very well, but it's kinda boring. The engine noise especially, it's completely bland.

The previous gen FoRS or the Mazdaspeed 3 are much more fun to drive.

But if you have the money, the connections and live in glorious baguette country, pic related is the real god machine.

If you are in the south I have a FiST for sale.

None. Get a civic for 3k. 01-05

No thanks, Already have an 04 SVTF.

>Veloster Rallye

If you take a Veloster anything over a Civic Si then you are flat out retarded. The Veloster is objectively the worse car, by FAR. The base Veloster is a total shitbox already as far as driving experience goes, then they just threw a turbo on there and didn't do anything else.

2007 Hyundai Tiburon
>Inline 4 engine base model, V6 on GT
>138 HP base model
>3 door hatchback
>~2900 lbs curb weight

I've had my base model for a while now, and it's pretty good as a daily driver.

then keep driving it. it should be perfectly adequate.

>Didn't do anything else

Good to know you're retarded and have no idea what you're taking about.

It's getting harder to maintain with a lot of parts discontinued.

This is life with a rare car. Tough it out or sell it to someone who can give it the care it needs. Consumables shouldn't be that different from the normal focus. What parts do you need?

>consumables
I'm talking everything that is different. Including suspenion, transmission and engine components.

If you need struts you could probably get bilstein to make you some with the right specs.

I'm more speaking about things like hard points like knuckles. As base model focus does not work unless I want to switch out knuckle, control arm/ball joint and the struts because of all the different sizes.

I know, it was a bit of an exaggeration. All i wanted to say is that looking at the different setups of both versions, the euro versions are more adapted for sporty driving compared to the american ones.

But in Europe almost everything you want to tune/modify yourself is outlawed, so that's a huge advantage if you're in America.

Why would you need a knuckle? They don't wear out. Unless you live in a shit place where cars rust

>But in Europe almost everything you want to tune/modify yourself is outlawed
people really belive this lmao

Mazdaspeed 3
Never buy gookshit

can anyone comment on the reliability of the north american fiat 500 abarth?
they seem to be MUCH cheaper used than a fiesta ST