Just look at this reasonable priced yet still well performing beauty

just look at this reasonable priced yet still well performing beauty

brother has a cx-3, throttle response is amazing for an automatic 4 banger

truly god-tier

>well performing
>not even 200hp

And Mazda wonders why they can't sell...

is this the monstrosity they put in the new Miata?

Honestly you're probably just used to old, loose shitboxes and that's why it feels responsive.

Modern cars also have tweaked throttle response as well where pushing the pedal in 50% will get you full wide-open throttle (100% power). It makes cars feel way more powerful, but then you try to push it even harder and realize there's nothing left for it to give.

>raw horsepower is the only metric that defines performance

t. a moron

no turbo/supercharger?
in terms of torque absolutely it defines performance you stupid mouth breathing european

Holy fuck anything under 400hp at the wheels is slow as fuck these days

n/a and turbo i4 and v6 pump that out with ease

>tweaked throttle response as well where pushing the pedal in 50% will get you full wide-open throttle (100% power)
i hate this, my subaru has a good old cable, and it feels right when i use the throttle there, why did we ever have to change to electric shit again if its simply worse?

Of course you're gonna need 400hp to carry your fatass and your cousin's fatass.

Anything performance oriented that has a tuner can have the DBW table adjusted.

ok thats it faggot im sick of your shit meet me at your closest BP.

Lets see if your user cuckbox can beat decades of bogan engineering

>only metric that defines performance
you're right, it's not the only one, but it sure is one of the most important, you fucking mong. There's a reason why mazda no longer makes sports cars, because they wanna be different, and that'd be cool, if it wasn't for their shitty ass dorito engines.

>inb4 rotaries won lemans
rotaries are probably good in an ACTUAL race, but everyday people don't wanna bend over for shitty engines that will only live for 2 years and then explode

I've bought 3 mazda3 skyactives MT's for my kids, gave them a chance to learn to drive a stick, cheap enough with S plan pricing, and enough power that they aren't too sad.

That's a lot of money to be spending on your kids for transport.

Its not that much-I get them when they're 16, teach them how to drive in them while I get to drive a new car to work, then when they head off to college I give them the keys and get a new car for the next kid. win-win.
Last one was kind of expensive because we got the full safety package with the auto braking, lane correct, etc. Had to get it ordered from Japan to get it with a MT.
I make enough I can afford it, and I figure it gives them a car that will get them through college + without many problems.

How will this hold up after 5-10 years compared to the MZR?

I own a mazda 3 and I hate it. AMA.

I bet you pay for college too, why do americans do this?

If you can afford it then more power to you, bonus for making them learn stick shift too.

Sure, I pay for college-just trying to get them a start without debt. Going to give them the car titles for their graduation presents.

The biggest reason was I didn't want any of their friends to borrow their cars. I don't think anyone in their peer group can handle a MT car.

That sounds like they're living the comfy life. I worked for everything I got, never got brand new cars and free college ride handed to me.

Definitely, it's a great way to limit your kids from doing stupid shit at the wheel. Maybe aside from hooning around.

Lmao. Just buy a fuckin ls1

you retards need to learn about power to weight ratios

150 horsepower in a car weighing

>what is torque
>what is torque to weight ratio
>what is drag coefficient

I'm hype as fuck for the development of these engines.
>190hp
>presumably equal torque
>near 40mpg in a 3000lb~ vehicle with top rated crash tests
Its pretty incredible. Shitboxes have truly been elevated to art. I'm really excited to see what they'll be able to do with SCCI in the 2.5L, the new turbo model is already fairly impressive at 250hp and 310ft/lbs.
I have to wonder just how much efficiency they'll be able to extract by 2025 with the far future Skyactiv system.

Torque is also realistically only a preferable measure of performance for Drag-racing and towing.

drag coefficient is not a problem for any car built after the 2000's