/simg/ Simulation Games General

Why is there hate for IL-2 edition

Previous thread: >DCS: Do not buy mirage and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.DCS: Do not buy mirage and newer modules from steam, because you can't use them in stand-alone.TeamSpeak
ts.artificialanimation.com:7997

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>BMS U3 Setup and stuff
mega.nz/#F!vxd2ia5Z!Dis_Nz7NlgzXqscADeUDew

>Repository of various aviation related material

>Planes pastebin
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tanks pastebin
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat/Submarine pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Link to this OP text

>Example of welcome games
>Flight Sims
Falcon BMS, DCS: World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum
>Driving Games
Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, Euro Truck Sim, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, DiRT Rally, OMSI 2
>Ground Sims
SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Graviteam Tactics
>Submarine Sims
Silent Hunter, Ship Simulator, Cold Waters, Dangerous Waters
>Misc Sims
Command: X

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór, Cquaд

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/ /cwg/

Other urls found in this thread:

avsim.com/forums/topic/515419-20jul17-something-for-people-who-love-airplanes-and-flying/
youtube.com/watch?v=k-EzqvEf0iU
youtu.be/DpFIHZJbTtY?t=7m25s
forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/30267-tfs-update-07222017-last-steps/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for big nig

where's the 2nd hornet video

There isn't second video as I'm aware?
Anyway
>3 years later
>Still waiting for hornet
>Wags still shitposting
>Things still same

4th for wide shoulders

>Barely any CW discussion
What happened?

game died

avsim.com/forums/topic/515419-20jul17-something-for-people-who-love-airplanes-and-flying/

>Captains,

Today we have released the FSX and Prepar3D versions of our long awaited PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster product line!

This product was created by a development team led by Chris Powell that included Henning vanRensburg, The World Famous Vin Scimone, Jason Brown, a PMDG premier for Alexander Metzger, with contributions from Michael Frantzeskakis and Alex Bashkatov and an incredible sound mix by Armen Cholakian.

I would also be remiss not to point out the dozens of incredibly detailed liveries created by Pete Sterling- once again bringing Jason's model to life in all of the classic colors of historic aviation!

Unusually, I was not involved in product development this time around, serving instead as an expert witness, offering suggestions on the care, feeding and operation of classic airliners and occasionally providing useful anecdotes to help the team along the way.

The DC-6 is one of the last of the Old Breed of airliners ushered in by the development that took place during WWII, but rapidly made obsolete with the advent of the Comet, DC-8 and 707 aiframes a mere decade after entering service. Still many DC-6s soldiered on, eventually finding conversion to freighter use and a number are still found at work today hauling difficult cargo into poorly accessible regions of the world.

A few examples, such as the Flying Bulls and the NCA ship located in Namibia remain well preserved anthems of the history of modern aviation.

> The PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster is an incredibly feature rich simulation, with every single switch, knob, button, lever and latch modeled in the flight deck. She is modeled in typical PMDG complexity, with electrical amps/volts playing a factor, all the way down to individual circuit breakers and their effect on systems within the aircraft.

Variable loading is possible with the resultant impact on CG and performance, and a full set of performance tables is included to help you plan your flight to the same level of detail as flight crews of yore. Select your power settings, make the lever adjustments and then monitor engine performance through your gauges in order to keep ahead of atmospheric changes and mechanical failures.

Realistic engine starts are an option, for those who want to try and manage the complex process and see what it is like to coax an old radial engine to start and run.

For those who are concerned that they might be overwhelmed by the sheer number of switches, buttons and knobs, we have created a logic driven Flight Engineer to handle nearly all of the tasks required to manage the mechanical conditions of the airplane from before start to end of flight. You can ask for his involvement to a high degree, allowing you to focus on flying the airplane, or you can use him for absolutely nothing and learn the entire airplane yourself. The decision is all yours!

Plenty of aural details in the engines and cockpit. You can hear as the airplane speeds up and slows down, subtle changes in the mixing of propeller noise and cyclinder rumble as power settings are adjusted throughout the flight make the experience incredibly immersive.

THICC

Oh and I almost forgot to mention the subtle visual details... the panel is mounted on rubber chock mounts- so if you have an engine in or transiting the prohibited harmonic range, it transmits its harmonic vibration to the airframe, which makes the panel dance about before your eyes...

Lots and lots of cool details to be seen here.

The team that created this masterpiece should be incredibly proud of the product- and we hope you will be equally happy to join the ranks of PMDG pilots capable of handling a classic, four engine airliner.

Happy Flying!

PURE SEX
U
R
E

S
E
X

Well they used to update it a lot but now there hasn't been a update for a while

>Mig-21
>F-5 locks onto me
>Radar doesn't see him
>Radar continues to not see him until he comes around on my tail

Why?

iL-2: 1946

New F-5 blocks have stealth coating f-2 uses.

>try Mig-21 again
>Patrol for an hour
>Find nothing
>Awacs says something is right on my nose
>It's an F-16
>It immediately kills me
I really want to die.
Am I doing something wrong? Is this just how it is?
I haven't got a single splash with this plane outside of single player. Why? What am I doing wrong?

Play in ACG Cold War server

we're not gonna make til morning are we?

we're going to, I won't let this die

thanks senpai

I just want to be able to see through my MiG-29's hud. Is that too much to ask ED?

This has been the worst night I've ever had with DCS. All crashes. Not a single splash. My only good sortie ended with a pricked-up fucktard rolling onto the runway as I was trying to land resulting in me pulling up at the last minute to avoid a collision and crashing.

Mig-21. What should I do? I'm not flying cold war server, but I don't feel that I should have to in order to have fun with this plane.

wtf is this trash.

What about it?

for one it's like looking through ray charles' sunglasses

Oh yeah, it's new ED work. They implemented next-gen HUD glass.
Anyway, I googled mig hud pictures, and it doesn't seem to have black tint

kek

coming SOON

q1

Tint is one thing. The fucking baked on reflection is ass. Look at what it looks like when you turn on cockpit lights. You literally can't see a fucking thing sometimes.

This is vintage Eagle Dynamics. Update the game to finally add a fuck load of MiG-29S skins, making me want to get back on the game, and then they do this between open beta and release. For what fuckular purpose?

I think that reflection shit is on a different file just make it black, you can add cockpit edits through saved games.
If it's in a indication textures folder then you can just replace them.

so F-15 isn't by ED but by belsimtek or how it works?

You went to flank speed and tried to fire torpedoes didn't you?

Yeah a mod would be nice... if they fucking worked on line, because ED broke that also. Every single mod fails integrity checks now.

ED originally made it for LOMAC and later BST did the new flight model for DCS.

Cockpit mods still work

Ka-50 pilots, is there anything that you learned in ka-50 after a long time of playing, and wish you've knew it before?

I used to know everything about it but I've since forgotten the data link and INU

I just told you how to make it work online you dumb nigger.

>Every single mod fails integrity checks now.
Wrong

Data link isn't that hard, you would sit in cockpit and remember
Can you tell me more about INU and what does it do

it's the navigation system that the way points and autopilot work from. Once you know how to use it you can use the ABRIS and the INU to plan a flight and the helo will fly it on its own

That looks like pure sex, which settings/mods are you running?

ded

Sounds neat, thanks
It doesn't take into account terrain difference right?

I'm not entirely sure, I don't think so, you can adjust that by turning off alt hold and messing with the collective yourself

Gotcha, Thanks

There is a radar altimeter but it's been so long that I don't know how it interfaces with the autopilot if at all it does

>Buy Mirage 2000 last night
>Try it
>holy shit this is the best thing I've ever flown
Why isn't this the most popular craft?

because its a ufo

Explain

just watch raifldudes video man

>Haha because the dood said so its a UFO
Mind fucking slaying yourself maybe mate?

You can feed either radio altimeter or barometer to your autopilot. If you switch to radio altimeter it will automatically follow the terrain on the set altitude.

Thanks! One thing I love about advanced modules is that you always learn something new

G-g-guys t-tell me t-this isn't-t gpu is-sue r-right?

c-c-closer pic

Oh that one where he complained about the Mirage 2000 and then made an hour-long video after that enjoying it and calling it the best plane ever?
Yeah.
Why did he call it a UFO? Was he upset by the way it flew? Did he not think it was realistic?

I fly the Mig-21 primarily so suddenly jumping into this thing feels like a tremendous burden was lightened.

It used to have an over performing FM, but it's since been fixed, people are still salty about it for whatever reason despite it being shit on by the Eagle and Flanker in dogfights due to the nature of its delta wing

M[ostly guesswork]2000 flight model quality and non-existent damage model.

t. Eagle driver that got shit on by an inferior plane

No, your GPU's fucked. Mine did that too and I had to get rid of it.

It's truth though. Razbam doesn't have any flight data for mirage. And damaga model is fc3 level quality. When you get hit by a MANPAD in the ass your nose cone will explode, but all engines will be intact. It's ridiculous.

ED wouldn't have given a license to them if they made it all up?

I'm just seeing some asshole on a chinese shadow puppet board talk shit about a plane he knows nothing about just because he's upset for some reason.

It is still not fixed as it can fly well above its ceiling limit fully loaded, it can achieve speeds that would destroy it and its damage model is so bad you can hit them with an SARH/IR missile and they would still be able to RTV.

How did VEAO get their license then? Good quality flight models are only provided by ED or Belsimtek. Both razbam and leathernigs have a lot of problems with flight modelling. The only difference is that they are at least trying to fix them.

I see, so it's really imbalanced.
Any more so compared to FC3 planes?

>posts a webm from an old version
you don't even have a leg to stand on do you. Now run along, other boards need shitting up with baseless accusations

So I got ripped off on a """""""""""high fidelity""""""""" plane?
What's wrong with Leatherneck? I love the Mig-21 and the Viggen.

There's nothing wrong with it

Don't listen to these fucking burn outs that troll these threads. It's obvious they don't even own the modules and just repeat extremely old information.

No, it's okay.

>What's wrong with Leatherneck
Same flight model development problems. But they are fixing them faster than razbam I think. Mig-21 too could do high-g cobras or taxi backwards using drogue chute. It's much better now, but one can only guess how close it is to the actual plane.

Team Fusion Simulation just dumped a crap ton of videos.

youtube.com/watch?v=k-EzqvEf0iU

Thanks, I guess back to watching dcs instead of playing :/

That video was from the week the Viggen came out in Early Access release. Fuck off with your outdated """evidence"""

That's a real shame. I thought I learned all the quirks of the Mig-21, too. If it turns out to just be a fictional hodgepodge of guesswork; I'll be disappointed.

I know the viggen must be at least slightly related to the flight model of the real thing, otherwise; how would things like this be possible?
youtu.be/DpFIHZJbTtY?t=7m25s

I like hearing the dissenting opinions even if they turn out to be wrong.

forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/30267-tfs-update-07222017-last-steps/

BoS is offically dead now

It has better missiles compared to others which were not developed by ED and thus do not have the drag of other missiles, for instance in a

Early SARH loadout: AIM-7 vs R-27R vs S530D = S530D wins by a long shot almost having double the speed of other missiles

Overall SARH loadout: AIM-7 vs R-27ER vs S530D = S530 still wins with the R-27ER being second

No restriction loadout: AIM-120C vs R-27ER vs S530D = AIM-120C wins by a thin margin by being ARH, the S530D is still faster

Only downside is that you can only carry two S530D's. Now if you also include the D2M system that shows missile launches like the MWS from the A-10C where no M-2000C even used the thing in any armed service you get a jet that is slightly more on the arcade side of things.

if you pay for it, you deserve the gain some advantage

I didn't know that. Darn. Do you think these problems will get fixed?

I don't think anyone here believes this at all. DCS is not a P2W game. If it were then the F5 would get Sparrows and the Mig-21 would be the lancer variant.

>DCS is not a P2W game
yet

>"""""outdated """""
Mirage still has no fucking engine start button animation or sound, what are you even talking about. Not to mention it carries MWS that it isn't supposed to carry with pure guesswork FOV that they estimated from the two lines of text in some popular aviation journal. Razbam and other guys are making flight sims as video games, while ED sells actual flight simulation software to military. It's not surprising that they have a totally different quality in result, you just have to deal with it and enjoy both.

Hornet soon, fellow aviator.

It's down to ED to fix their own shitty missiles, RAZBAM actually made theirs properly

The D2M is a shame but mission makers are starting to realise you can disable it and even then you don't have to use it

Outdated wasn't in quotations, evidence was. Fucking spastic.