/dadg/'s annotated CC maps:
imgur.com/a/DU3tH

Darkest Dungeon maps and guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612579203

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!UUkBEJ4Z!-AZT4bS1WahgSVyUpS6P-BCJjaKjvjiWMBr2jXzFpDc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pirb

I just had hunger checks 4 hallways in a row. Defend this.

I thought there was a one hallway buffer for hunger checks

Sorry, I'll add that next time. In case I don't make the next thread, add this:

Darkest Dungeon font (Dwarven Axe BB)
mega.nz/#!UUkBEJ4Z!-AZT4bS1WahgSVyUpS6P-BCJjaKjvjiWMBr2jXzFpDc

>Assemble a party consisting of Arbalest,Jester,Flagellant,Leper for facing the flesh
>Every fight up until the flesh is a cakewalk, party just steamrolls all the faggot pigmen
>Come the flesh
>morphs into 1 head, 1 spine, 2 anuses
>2 anuses and the spine focus the jester alone and get him to deaths door
>still manage to get him out of that state
>round 2, morphs into 2 heads and 2 anuses
>Again the anuses focus the jester alone
>deathblown on the first dd hit

this isn't a reminder, this is a huge "fuck you faggot". what a fucking fraud

>Arbalest,Leper

>Mod you want to try no longer works

Look at this fool, this imbecile! Playing the hero, are you?! Ha-HAA.

literally nothing wrong with those heroes vs the flesh
>Boss is not a shuffler
>The only enemy in the warrens that can move your heroes is the chopper and he can only move ranks 3 and 4, ranks in which arbalest works fine (There is also the swinetaur but you shouldn't allow him to use his strong attacks anyways)

>>literally nothing wrong with those heroes vs the flesh
>>literally nothing wrong with those heroes

>greentext + laughing image

>greentext + "not an argument" image

How do I know how many/what kind of provisions I take each mission?

Non-arguments are answered with non-arguments

Depends on what zone you're in lad:

>Ruins
Extra food and keys
>Warrens
Extra herbs, maybe less food, some bandages
>Weald
Extra antivenoms and shovels
>Cove
Extra bandages and shovels, some herbs

Generally you can take 8 torches for any length if you know how to get value out of camping (fully lights your torch so if you explore a lot without torching and then camp you can get value), maybe 1 or 2 extra if you're taking light-based trinkets and want to ensure they work. Food is obv based on mission length, I like to go 12 for short, 20 for medium and 24 for long, just because hunger checks can be a dick.

Experience mostly. There are pre-made lists all over of generally good ideas to take.

More bandages than antivenom in the warrens
More antivenom than bandages in the weald
You can get away with not as much as either in the Ruins and Cove til veteran and champion when you've got high bleed crabs pinching you

Food 8~12 for a Short
12~24 for Medium
24 at least for Long, I never take more than 24.

You can get away with less food in the Weald, Warrens and Cove with medicinal herbs if you find a food curio and no one has a quirk to auto-open it. Gamble at your own risk.
Medicinal Herbs are also good for character that self-debuff when they do things, I never find the debuff on the Leper to be too big of a deal but its good to keep your Hellion clear, or just plan around it.

Characters that can heal themselves and their own blights/bleeds mean you can get away with less bandages and anti-venom.

Torches is up to you, if you want to do a light or dark run.

motherfucker i still only have one medical ward slot i dont have time for this

>Tfw popped all the cocoons in the Baron fight like a fucking idiot because I wanted heals

Just let Bauldry shit himself as he fights, he can't feel it anyway

Take a grave robber with them and cure it all for free when you camp.

>the free light from camping is just your party carrying bits of still burning firewood
gotta applaud their resourcefullness

Raw Damage sucks on the Flesh. Should have gone for DoTs + Stuns

I personally use PD+Abom+HM+Hellion.

All 4 have amazing stun and DoTs with 3 of them having multi-targeting DoTs. Hellion has amazing reach and can nuke the squishy part if they ever appear and can double stun the heads if they ever pop out in the front.. Of course having no healers you might get turned off using it. But at least 2 of them have good self heals with 1 having an okayish, and another one having a mediocre one.

What's a good team comp for the Crew? I've always been able to kill the other bosses without much of a problem, but I've never really gotten the hang of this one. The shuffle just fucks me up.

I'm doing religious-only, so no heretical grave-defilers are allowed

you can cheese it by moving the crew forward or having a virtuous hero be immune to the anchor

Either powerful front liners who can break the anchorman at front or cheese him with a puller who has pulling trinkets.

The only difficult gimmick is the heal he puts on himself when you're weighed down, so stopping that is priority.

Bring a bounty hunter with vengeful kill list/immovable helmet and pull the crew when he spawns the anchorman, which causes him to do nothing the whole fight and disables the entire gimmick

then beat the shit out of him with plague doctors and stuff

Are you the guy with the DEUS VULT estate?

That's weird. You'd think they'd make the Crew immune to being moved by now.

Sometimes the cheese is just as characteristic as the bosses gimmick and thematics.

They should leave it

probably

not many other madmen doing church only runs

the odd thing is the archorman is immune, but not the crew

so its likely they left it on on purpose so new players can discover that weakness themselves

Well it's not in all-caps but yeah I'm one of those fellows

Still looking for a fourth crusader to set up the true lance circus

True, like how the Flesh can be made a joke by DoT builds, or how the Brigand Pounder is trivialized by bringing a party with a lot of AoE skills.

>Should have gone for DoTs + Stuns
I had a jester and a flagellant for DoTs. I should have brought stuns however.
I know I should have brought a HM because he is godlike vs the flesh and in the warrens (and everywhere else) but I didn't have one available.
Arbalest was there precisely for her ability to target (almost) all ranks and deal reliable damage to them, she pretty much carried the way to the boss by oneshotting those annoying vomit pigs.

All in all it was still a good run, Jester wouldn't have died if the fucking anuses and spines didn't focus him constantly. The others got away without a scratch basically

Or how the Siren is completely shut down by drinking a whole bunch. Wait a minute, that's fuckin' silly. Only cheese I accept for Siren is tricking her into controlling a garbage hero.

Imagine how unfun and obnoxious it would be if the Canon put down a team-wide protection skill to all the bandits that weren't the cannoneer or if the Flesh was just immune to bleed and blight entirely

>Jester wouldn't have died if the fucking anuses and spines didn't focus him constantly. The others got away without a scratch basically

God I fucking hate when this happens. Everything quickly turns to shit whenever the AI decides to fuck over one of your dudes and ignore the rest.

She's not entirely shutdown, I've blown 2 arbalest flares for the debuff resist while having a party under the influence of holy water and she still managed to talk my Hellion into Lezzing out

Don't give RH any ideas user or else they'll make a boss with 4 actions next.

Would bringing a Jester to the Heart of Darkness be a bad idea? I'm mainly bringing him so he can stack bleeds and heal stress if need be

Am I the only one who loves the Warrens just cause of how compact the layout is?

I don't like leaving there and having every disease known to man.

I also like it how scouting becomes a real benefit there, lets me avoid so many fights.

>or how the Brigand Pounder is trivialized by bringing a party with a lot of AoE skills
hold the fuck up so the key to the pounder is to bring shit like grapeshot blast, hound's harry and the like instead of focusing the fuseman with single-target and then cleaning up the rest?

Thanks for the help buddy :^)

>Vestal gets THREE diseases in one short warren runs

Nice

This just happened to me too..

better that one person gets 3 than 3 people get one

My Bounty Hunter got 2

even then, what's important is getting to get the double-cure chance value from the medical ward

UNEDUCATED SAVAGE!

Ok faggots most favorite and least favorite characters GO

>Collector uses Life Steal on my Antiquarian
>Crit
>Crit heal

Most favourite is BH, least favourite is Antiquarian

favorite is Occultist, least favorite is Antiquarian, but when it comes to actual classes probably the Jester? Or Leper I guess.

Favorite is the Grave Robber cause she never fails me

Least favorite is the Jester.

Why do people hate on jester anyways? what makes him bad/.

He just feels clunky to me. His attacks only hit the middle and while the buffs are good, I'd rather finish fights instantly

who do you take as a stress healer usually?

I have a lot of favorites for different reasons. For sheer utility I like Occultist, BH, PD and Grave Robber, and I love Leper's lines and personality in general. Abom is also a good one because of how unique he is. My least favorite is Crusader though, he's just bland and vanilla in comparison to most others. Same with Arbalest.

Favorite Auntie least favorite Arbalest because of her shitskin

I used him for all of the courtyard except the bosses themselves and he fuckin tore shit apart. Bloodlusted critical harvests melted every mob and he kept everyones stress down to the point that I only left when I ran out of my 3 stacks of food.

Abomination is bae. Leper is trash.

Occultist is my favorite
I don't really hate most of them, but I guess the Leper.

Unironically off to a great start on this estate.

Whoops

Yeah, Jester is pretty good.

Grave Robber and her sweet crits

DAYUM.

Going into DD2, provisions recommendations?

I'm still shell shocked from when his enabling of longer fights was a bad idea in Champion dungeons

he's fine in the lower level ones but I can't find a reason to use him anywhere else.

theres no way that actually happened without you trying to make it happen

right??

All bandages, herbs, anti-venom, food, and holy waters.

what'd you just say punk

Yeah, the Abomination is just a better Leper.

No torches?

A blind man with a bazooka can do some serious damage but doesnt mean he always will

Just give him an accuracy Trinket and you're good to go, still more damage than anybody else. And lore wise, he's the guy who has the best chances to survive.

That must have been extremely painful.

get out of my hamlet

All in the name of 100% completion.

Throw caution to the wind. If you normally use torches bring them, if you don't then don't.

Leper is trash.

I made this for you to remind you.

>be old man
>just trying to retire in florida
>fucking mosquito's and vampires everywhere
>go back up north to my favorite hamlet
>it was a trick, it was Florida all along
>moody teenagers are all over my lawn
>they built a whole fucking town on my lawn

>forgetting the crocodiles

Bring dogman with dodge trinkets
Guard whoever is at the front
Wail on the crew with the other three
PD-Occ-HM-HWM was my team for champ crew

I typed vampires instead of alligators on accident

I get the two confused sometimes

>esquire slowly getting further and further back

Favorite is Hellion

Least favorite is abomination. His human form has only a decent stun and an ok blight and his beast form is underwhelming. I mean yes he kinda wrecks shit in beast form but Leper, Hellion and even crusader to a lesser extent all wreck shit without the need for a panic button

But auntie is also a shitskin.
>dude racism lmao

was referring to arbalests garbage skin but she is a nigger too, forgot about that. auntie is more sandnigger than shitskin

why did they even allow him into the hamlet. don't they realise he is trying to purge us all?

Only vampires, and probably because he has church jurisdiction.

same shit

Can't decide between auntie or hwm for favourite, auntie is best jewfu and surprisingly good in some champ dungeons and bosses if you accommodate her, but hwm hardly needs accommodating at all and just rips shit up no matter what position he or the enemy is in

Least favourite is easily arbalest, she's failed me every time I try to use her. All I know her as is a weaker bh with no stun or pull

skin

He was excommunicated.

So does he just carry that pyre around?

best: GR
worst: Leper