/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk about Sonic's stuff! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #832 - Group Photo Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
IDW and SEGA Enter Publishing Deal; Will Be Speaking to Fan-Favorite and New Creators
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/888538195045998592
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

Archie Sonic Officially Cancelled; Not the End of Sonic in Comics
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/887809496898088960

Several Sonic Events Happening at San Diego Comic-Con 2017
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sounds-of-sonic-music-event-set-for-san-diego-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-mania-behind-the-scenes-panel-at-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-augmented-reality-experience-coming-to-sdcc/

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Nakamura_ShunR/status/864760326788497408
twitter.com/SonicJPNews/status/864780435997556736
twitter.com/SonicJPNews/status/864780926827548672
vocaroo.com/i/s1kY0VYftJey
discord.gg/55PKUt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fast

i want to fuck infinite

THIS PAIN PERSISTS, I CAN'T RESIST

TC UPDATE THE LINK PASTEBIN

With all the stuff under general interest so we can remove some of the old stuff to make room. Also the Archie Sonic download is updated now, IIRC.

I'll move everything after the Devkit line, since that's going to be updated imminently. Sound good?

i'm gonna miss all the hot waifus like clove

Yeah, that's fine. Maybe just state the updated link for it will be in the thread's OP.

>Gamma
>7'0"
>1815 lbs

>Omega
>4'11"
>2712 lbs

When will they learn /sthg/?

That computer appears to be leaking. Someone get some tape or a new computer, it might be broken.

they're awful

i really never liked that e-123 omega was smaller than e-102 gamma. though i guess it could be gamma's fault for being a little oversized, i guess?

how do y'all feel about Omega being able to spin jump? is it something you think should stay gone, or be part of the character?

>implying omega will ever be playable again
etc etc

I AM THE TOUGHEST OF TERRORS I AM THE DARKEST OF DAYS

SAY MY NAME
SAY MY NAME

>last 2 of the deadly six aren't included because "he hasn't gotten around to them"
WHY EVEN INCLUDE THE FAGS AT ALL THEN.
JUST ZAVOK WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE.
UGH MY AUTISM HURTS

EMBER

REMEMBER

Aren't you stuck in a lamp because of one?

Spin jump is weird for Omega. It should have a normal jump.

Is there proof Graff is only doing the English writing, instead of writing the whole of Forces?

Omega is literally the one Sonic character I wouldn't press about body issues. 75% of that body weight is munitions and weaponry.

I figured he used the boosters on his back to give himself the spin. I mean if he was made to contain or fight hedgehogs, can't imagine why else he'd be put in that broom closet with Shadow, then I think it'd make sense for Eggman to give him similar abilities+a ton of firepower.

No.

>Omega is a manlet
We need art of this

WE /CO/ NOW???

Isn't Sonic also terrified by Amy?

I didn't play 06 so I never got to mess around with omega minus the party system from heroes. is he at all fun there?

i'm now imagining omega's "pick up ballform allies and shoot them" being used to COUNTER sonic-types rather than assist them and it sounds really fucking cool.

twitter.com/Nakamura_ShunR/status/864760326788497408

twitter.com/SonicJPNews/status/864780435997556736
twitter.com/SonicJPNews/status/864780926827548672

Seems to indicate the story started in Japan.

I think Omega only used the Spin Jump for Heroes and Shadow's game, and should be taken in the same vein as Big being able to Spin Jump - there but for gameplay reasons alone.

I'd like to think that Archie's portrayal of Omega got him somewhat correct - he's somewhat the comedic foil for Team Dark, given his single-minded approach to most problems (apply bullet until problem goes away), but he's otherwise an extremely dependable member of the team. I always thought of him as perhaps a little slower in terms of movement speed given his bulk, but the firepower he can unleash would more than make up for it. It's a real shame that none of the game media shows him unloading to his fullest extent; it'd certainly be fun to see him engaging in an all-out brawl with something.

It doesn't help that I have a friend who's a shameless Omega fanboy and he'd rip my nuts off if I suggested otherwise.

Since they all seem to be smaller than humans, would you judge whether or not a mobian is a manlet by a different standard or are they just all manlets? If the former then where is that cutoff point?

We were always /co/

Learn what? Omega is a walking arsenal and needs the bulk.

So this is just another case of Graff doing localization then.

Why do people still think he and Ken actually wrote Colors and Gens story?

Gamma is a lanklet.
Omega is swole manly tears.

don't worry i'm someone who shamelessly prefer the idea of shadow from heroes onward being a robot so you can't get much worse than me.

Omega is a broken piece of shit in 06, but I say that in a good way.
He can hover into his start up hover ad nauseum and never loose height so you can get to a lot of places you aren't supposed to be in with him.
Also his attack moves actually work unlike more than half the cast so he's one of the better parts of the game.

So will we hear about IDW Sonic at NYCC?

This got buried under all the IDW discussion, so I'm posting it again.

vocaroo.com/i/s1kY0VYftJey

No matter what happens with IDW, I sincerely hope they keep Ian Flynn, and by extension the game characters' expanded and greatly enjoyable characterizations in the comic. Everyone, from Charmy to Silver to Omega was such a treat to read. It's going to suck because I know they can't reuse the shit they've already done like the arcs with Eclipse and the fighters tournament with Honey. Those things would have to be very different.

Anybody else you guys would add? Game canon only. (sticks is game canon, sorry folks. even so she doesn't really deserve to be there)

Shadow WILL get a comic spin-off, calling it now.

Quick question: Does Penders think he owns the rights to all Echidnas? Including Tikal who he had literally nothing to do with the creation of? If HE the reason we never see Tikal again?!

What voice sampling did you use for the female?

i'm a classic fag but i think it's safe to assume it's from a sonic the hedgehog character, most likely rouge

what does tikal actually have to contribute? she's a ghost, unless you want her to have some tangibility all of a sudden.

but then again, they pulled chaos zero out of their ass again too so there isn't as much of an excuse.

He's not, Tikal was in the unleashed arc, he's the reason we won't see IX or the maradaers again,tho, actually, that might not be true anymore either, the only reason nobody at archie bothered is because they're scred of penders, IDW are not, Shade could return there if they wanted and penders would get bitch slapped

It worked so well with the video game spinoff.

someone post that comic page where tails gets cucked

I just love her, that's all. She doesn't need to come back from the dead (although I wouldn't complain if she did), but I want to see her make cameos in future games somehow.

She could be the guide character like in SA1.

someone post that comic page where tails gets trolled

Seriously, this series needs more focus on Echidna lore again. They were half the reason the Adventure era was as fun as it was. Taking Echidna focus out of the series is like castrating it in a way. I think you've helped me realize "what was missing"... it's that. It's the Echidnas.

Well, and the Chao Garden.

Eggman trolled the fuck out of him.

Reminder

It's kinda sad how he thinks anybody actually cares

Which Chao Garden do you prefer?
SA:DX or SA2: Battle
Or Tiny Chao Garden

>Come on "Buddy", show me one more last fist bump!

>Tiny Chao Garden

SA2 is the most functional and developed. The rest are worthless other than to take care of them when you're not playing SA2. t. somebody who doesn't give a shit about Chao

>SEGA announces comics got a new publisher real quick
So does this mean SEGA will actually promote these now? Or will it go back to being the unloved kid locked in the basement again?

I'm convinced he stole/destroyed his Archie contract. He's a fucking rat.

Hey, everybody. I've got some sorrowing news for you all. For some reason, the imported character models, Shadow, Blaze, Espio, all of them seem to be causing the engine a great deal of problems when attempting to build a standalone EXE in Unity. In short, the Generations character models work great within the editor, but the moment a build is attempted everything goes to shit.

I am so sorry to everyone who was excited for the model swaps, but it looks like I'll be unable to include the character mods in version 4.0. We may end up proceeding with 3.0 as the base and making changes as we see fit from there. Other members have already begun putting 3.0 on GitHub to prepare for the project, so 3.0 might be the final version for now.

If enough people would like me to, I can upload the models and animations that I ripped and you can attempt to implement them yourself if you're daring, but I've been at this for hours and hours trying to get these character mods working and out to you all, but I don't know if Unity is going to play nice with them the way I've been doing it. I might just not have the necessary skills to pay these particular bills.

Again, I am so, so sorry.

That's a huge insult to rats... like Sonic.

Which Sonic character had the best teeth?

Sonic back when he had fangs
Tails
Rouge

Storm the Albatross

>kinda sad
nah...he lives in his own reality
he'll life happy in his safeworld thinking how importanne he is

Scourge is 2006 so we should snatch him from Penders' paws

Well, that sucks. We appreciate the work either way, m8

He can stay left behind.

still evil sonic his creation please donut steel literally

Meanwhile at IDW...

All of them.

the first mistake was taking away knuckles' background with the chaos emeralds. if they hadn't done that, the outright deletion of the master emerald from every plot after sonic adventure 2 wouldn't leave knuckles with basically nothing to contribute

but that problem was established back in sonic adventure 1 when knuckles ponders asking SONIC for advice on the chaos emeralds. you know, his own fucking culture.

SA2's chao system was better but i much preferred the idea behind gardens being regional locations rooted in the real world as opposed to HEAVEN OR HELL in another dimension

It baffles me someone can even own copyright on Sonic with a leather jacket and shades, at least Scourge was a change in color. He's basically a different character, why couldn't they just cut the backstory and keep him.

Ah fuck m8, well least we tried. Thanks again for everything GHPAnon, let's see what we can still do with what's left.

Metal Sonic

>Other members have already begun putting 3.0 on GitHub to prepare for the project
What? When was this? Why was I not aware?

>Metal Sonic with teeth

what is this? Version 2.0.Teeth?

It's been happening in the #game-development part of the Discord. A guy called Schosoze is handling it.

rouge's fangs in SA2 were the cutest thing ever

What discord?! We have a discord?! Since when?!

For a while now. We're using that to discuss ideas for the fan-game we're making.

Should I drop a link to it? Man, I'm really bummed about those models not working out. I feel so bad about getting ya'll hopes' up. They looked really good in the editor, but if they can't work in a standalone build they're completely useless. I worked for hours to get them to where they were.

I have no idea why I have these saved

Go ahead, mate. Anyone who wants to help out with the game could use the link.

Drop a link.

to an extent i admire his ability to give so little fucks

i've spent the first 20 years of my life as an insecure autist with so much i want to do but i've never been able to do what i want due to a fear of being judged, and a fear of stepping outside of what i've been so comfortable with

but i see assholes like him, and chris-chan, and how they just so easily do what they're comfortable with. penders is an egotistical shithead, but he's definitely enjoying making this comic of his or something, and he's just so content with it and himself, so assured and confident in what he's doing and he just shrugs off what everyone else says, for better or for worse

i hate him for everything else, but i seriously admire him for that at least, because that sort of confidence and backbone is something i've always wanted, but you know without the ego

discord.gg/55PKUt Boop.
Okay, I'm going to bed. All of this mad in my heart is making me tired.

You tried your best & we appreciate that. Good night, m8!

Figures I've been gone for only 5 days and suddenly the entire general is turned upside-down.

What happened with the comics? Who's the new publisher? What's this new fangame and is it still related to the old museum project? What's the news on the models we asked for? What's the consensus on the new Infinite theme song?

I seriously don't get this image.

I mean, Chris-chan is literally retarded though.

Comics did a Jesus
IDW
Not sure yet. Stay tuned and hop in the Discord to be a part of discussion
New project, same engine
The Bump model from Rafa? Nothing new
Wonderfully edgetacular.

Does that about cover it?

>What happened with the comics?
Archie and SEGA cut ties. No more Archie Sonic.
>Who's the new publisher?
IDW. No indication of what it will be like.
>What's this new fangame and is it still related to the old museum project?
Some are considering making a fan game using the Level Development Kit
>What's the news on the models we asked for?
From Rafa? No news as far as I know.
>What's the consensus on the new Infinite theme song?
2000s nostalgia edge.

His eyes look so much like Cars in that picture.