/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 22nd of July:
1298 – Wars of Scottish Independence: Battle of Falkirk: King Edward I of England and his longbowmen defeat William Wallace and his Scottish schiltrons.
1706 – The Acts of Union 1707 are agreed upon by commissioners from the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Scotland, which, when passed by each countries' Parliaments, led to the creation of the Kingdom of Great Britain.
1832 – Napoleon II dies.
1864 – American Civil War: Battle of Atlanta: Outside Atlanta, Confederate General John Bell Hood leads an unsuccessful attack on Union troops under General William T. Sherman on Bald Hill.
1946 – King David Hotel bombing: A Zionist underground organisation, the Irgun, bombs the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, site of the civil administration and military headquarters for Mandatory Palestine, resulting in 91 deaths.

# News
CK2 DD 17/07
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1035735
EU4 DD 27/06
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1032543/

# Random Country Picker
>randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.0
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_expeditions_to_the_Pacific_Northwest
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootka_Crisis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck Sherman

February 12th, 1877
This time round the Jacobins aren't alone. This is huge. Might not survive this time. hopefully.

do the impossible see the invisible, row row fight the allied powers

That took me back.
>tfw old ass weaboo

did you hear user? the writer/director of TTGL are teaming up to make a spiritual successor, it got announced like 2 weeks ago

Oh boy a crisis
Too bad so many of my own people have died that I can no longer support my own army. I'll be down two million soon, or one quarter of my pre-ancap population.

They were gifted the Statue of Liberty, solved the Oregon Treaty peacefully, built the Panama Canal in 1870, already have acceptable healthcare and now this.
Doesn't even matter if the crisis is resolved peacefully to our side, I'm done with this game.

Alright here we go boys
With the current state of the nation, I could not have less faith in our ability to win this war.

>80 units

You can take them on

They're not nuts to fight both Russia and the UK.
>that prestige jump
nvm gonna play this a little more

>I get every upset when someone "cheats" on a video game

Show your country already, I want to see that annexed Uruguay

Post borders.
You shipping units to France?

>who are you quoting?

>justifying your cheating through passive aggression
back to

>want to play HPM vic2 with my IRL friend
>he wont because HPM stops him from blobbing into all of europe and china
>hes also an eu4pro
i need my friends

FUCK these guys
Sure I guess.

Anyone who spergs out.

Make me kid. Thanks for the (You).

*i need more friends

>3 months and 800 000 dead later
Jerry's not got a thing on our superior British leadership!

Where's Argentina's capital?

Looks very nice desu, you should also take Entrerrios

And what the fuck is happening with ancaps lately? I don't remember ever having them rise up.

It's a shame you're just the mainland or you could have forced Australians and Canadians to fight it for you.

I've managed to get WW2 to last until almost 1965 in HoI4 with no end in sight
The only 3 countries with a manpower greater than 0 at this point are New Zealand(1.9k with scraping the barrel), the USA(with 1.5M left on scraping the barrel), and Australia(20k with scraping the Barrel)
The only countries left in the fight are Britain and France and Australia for the Allies, New Zealand and Communist America for the Comintern, and Japan all by itself for the Axis
It's like watching the apocalypse, pretty much every nation on earth has sent their entire male population over 13 to fight, and tens of millions are dead in military losses alone.

Also RIP the HMS Ark Royal, it somehow survived all the way from 1936-1964

>having friends

I-I thought we were all you needed user...

hes the only friend i have left after highschool. i autisticly drove everyone else away.

At what reform level does a monarchy become a cucktopia in which the monarch only holds ceremonial powers?

See

Wow! What a believable world! Thanks Johan!

God damn it, I looked into this recently but I've forgotten it.
I believe it's universal voting and not ruling party only in UH.

It's not easy being green.

Why are you doing this?

>doing any political forms
>not just using cheating to remain a dictatorship forever with no rebels and just do social reforms

Well, none of my friends are autistic enough to play any of these games. I thinks if for the better, if they got into this now they would be EU$ and GOY4 babies

Doing what?

This is just frustrating.
The good news though is that the US has no healthcare reforms yet, Luxembourg is the (only) one with acceptable healthcare.
Buenos Aires.
Actually I was thinking about being a rp pro and keep modern day Brazil plus Uruguay and Cape verde with the rest of South America as spherelings so they won't destroy eachother

Yeah, you should take Entre Rios. It's no anti RP, just pretend Pedro II wanted to make the nation whiter.

Entrerrios was claimed by the Portuguese and the Brazilian I think, so it's not that strange to take it.

AAAAAAAAAA

AAAAA
AAAAA

Sup guys, like my enclaves?

>Found some Alternate History anthology where the results of US Elections were switched
>"Huey Long escapes assassination in 1935 and runs for President in 1936 as in Independent. He steals away Franklin Roosevelt's Vice President John Nance Garner. Long defeats both Roosevelt and Republican candidate Alf Landon. World War II is averted when Long invites Hitler to Washington and then assassinates him via a bomb in 1938, however, this does lead to a war between the US and Germany."

Daily Ultimate Autism: Still not updated edition

>World War II is averted when Long invites Hitler to Washington and then assassinates him via a bomb in 1938

wtf why

>share family computer with family
>look on archive for the "Leopold II being offered the crown of Burgundy" meme
>the one where he puts his hat on backwards after Wilhelm offers him an alliance
>search the Veeky Forums archive for it using choice search words likely to achieve a hit
>find the meme
>think nothing of it and continue my day
>come back in next day
>dad was waiting for me at the door
>leads me through to living room
>mom and sister sat next to each other on wooden chairs, set up
>dad tells me "sit down son"
>getting real fucking scared now
>sit down
>dad sits down next to mom and sister, in a semi circle around me
>"Now before we start talkin we just want you to know whatever we talk about, we love you, right?"
>ughmmkay i guess
>"Now Son, when your mother was on the computer earlier she saw something she was concerned about."
>OH SHIT.hdd
>"She went to type something in and a prefilled in search term came up."
>w-what was it, d-dad
>"It seems someone had searched 'gross willy helmet' earlier on the computer. Do you know anything about it."
>n-no its probably a virus
>"You see, we all talked about it and none of us searched for.. that."
>"Son, we need to ask this, so we can better understand.. Are you attracted to men?"
>sister, who fucking knows im not gay, starts smirking now
>WTF no dad i like titties
>"Then explain, why did you feel the need to search for gross Willy helmets on the internet."
>have to explain this shit somehow
>cant think of a good way to explain
>I-i was curious..
>mom starts crying
>"Why son? Why do you want to look at penises?!"
>start feeling cold as fuck for some reason, but im blushing crazily
>I dont i just..
>"I wouldn't have minded if it was women, but why men? What's wrong with you?"
>mom starts screaming at dad to leave me alone
>everything feels numb and i fall on the floor
>wake up in bed
>mom crying as she checks im okay
How the fuck do I explain I was just looking for a meme? My Dad's trying to send me to a conversion camp.

>share
Stopped reading there, """comrade"""

It gets even better

>Lyndon B. Johnson decides to run for a second full term in the 1968 presidential election. This leads to widespread protests in the United States and a bomb being planted at the Democratic National Convention, which explodes and results in the deaths in President Johnson, Vice President Hubert Humphrey, Senator George McGovern, and Senator Eugene McCarthy. While official policy states that Robert F. Kennedy was also killed in the explosion, he was actually killed by a Chicago policeman. The chaos at the Convention leads to an actual revolution and Ronald Reagan is elected president and turns the United States into an autocratic state.

And then

>Walter Mondale is elected President in 1984 against Ronald Reagan. As a result, the Sandinista movement expands, causing a civil war in Mexico followed by a US invasion in 1989, and a swarm of Latin American refugees overruns the American Southwest.

But the best

>Michael Dukakis is elected President in 1988, but is revealed to be an alien attempting to infiltrate Dulce Base. The Men in Black along with friendly aliens therefore rewrite history in order for George H. W. Bush to win the 1988 election instead.

>Long invites Hitler to Washington and then assassinates him via a bomb
What sort of cuck wrote this shit?

Thanks for the interest but I think I have enough pl*tineans to deal with already desu

How old are you?

>I'm gay
there user, just say that and all will be well

It was written by Barry N. Malzberg

It's really weird to see Britain win any kind of large scale war without getting Australians and Canadians to do all the heavy lifting.

Writer sure has an obsession with bombs. Either way, good to know that singular elections are the difference between steady, middle-of-the-road politics and violent uphevals of the US government

What did I just read? First, why are you on Veeky Forums on a shared computer, second do you not have a phone with internet, and third tell them you aint gay and willy is short for willhelm

Either take it or stop posting. Not only will you have a natural river border but it will look a hell of a lot beter too.

I'm not sure which story is worse, but both of them belong to tumblr from where they should have never leaked out

This playthrough is kind of awful honestly. I'm just watching revolution after revolution after revolution whilst my population dies off at ridiculous rates. I'm now at 2.5 million below my peak population of 8 million.

K lads
I'm back, I just finished the Oregon/Columbia/Nootka/whatever event chain, I'll post it all when I localize it, it's just a couple of events, and I also finished the one for Patagonia
When I'm done localizing those, then I'll do the Caribbean pops (wich apparently i forgot) and then I'll do Japanese events

Can I write any localisation? I like writing flavour text.

You're back from what? Who are you? What is this?

Where am I? Is it over?

What's happening?

What year is it?

Sure
To start the event chain you take a decision as the UK (The Santander treaty, this province), You spend 15k pounds to offer Spain to settle the border dispute in British Columbia, buying everything north of the 42nd Parallel and Spain gets that event
Option one is just accepting
Option two is refusing
Option three is offering to settle the dispute by buying some land from the UK instead
and Option four is declaring war on the UK, since Spain had claimed that area before the UK, and sent a bunch of expeditions there too
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_expeditions_to_the_Pacific_Northwest
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootka_Crisis
Write whatever you want, and post it when you're done. I might use it if it's good
spainwank mod AKA fpm

What are you on about? Too close together to be a samefag. Is this some kind of /gsg/ meme?

Why didn't you use your modding abilities for good instead of making a Papist power fantasy?

>you can only make one mod

>it's that one proddiefag again

Did you get bullied at school by catholics or what?

i had a good laugh thanks lad.
this isnt real r-right?

>Lawrence can coup Mosley and restore the monarchy
ebin. Simply, ebin.

Not very ancap of me, I know, but this is just a temporary measure. Our freedom is under attack by those who'd sooner see our property confiscated, our rights abolished, and even our lives extinguished before letting us choose our own paths in this life.

>Lawrence is secretly a Monarchist and launches a counter-revolution!

Go for it lad

Alright, how's this?

British diplomats were dispatched to Northern Spain, specifically a small villa outside of a market town in Santander for talks with our own representatives. Their objective was to come up with an solution to the issue of the North American dominions' borders, a cantankerous and perilous sour spot in our othherwise amicable relations. The issue was fretted upon and disputed for hours on end until it became clear no decision could be immediately reached, now, days into the discussion it has become apparent this matter is too complex for the simple minds of our suit clad yes men, and it falls upon the shoulders of the king to decide our nation's policy moving forward, lest all power be transferred from divine right to the chattering fools of parliament.

This is a total disaster and it's actually pretty nice, you don't see that everyday.

That's pretty good

god save the king

so the event doesn't turn UoB into UK, it kills UoB and tag switches you to UK, meaning that you lose the majority of your ministers, xp, research, and through events got like 5 national spirits that give giant maluses. In 1939 I sent a force to break the chains in the second weltkreig, and now in 1941 I have to invade the conitent again to remake the chains.

Oh shit, just realised I was supposed to reference the actual terms of the treaty.
Well fuck.

Why do they go to a small villa in Santander though?

Based Goy4 Kaiserreich developers.

You (or I) could put the terms in Option one
Something like: We agree to sell our lands North of the 42nd parallel.

ah yes based america the freedom fighter I'm sure they really REALLY care about uruguay

>league of empire loyalists abbre9viated LL because redditors would make shit memes about LEL
reeeeeeeeeeee

I just looked at it and it's the Loyal League.

>World War II is averted when Long invites Hitler to Washington and then
gives him a big hug and handshake

Jesus if a you're a lazy storyteller I guess you can always just rely on fucking bombs as the sole plot device

Like, a nice little residence in the countryside where they could talk terms without being distracted by noise. If they did it in the city there'd be bull fights, bull runs, bull festivals, and other bull related activities.

I didn't think you'd want those doing, as they're just one sentence things, but if you wish.

The border will be put at the 42nd parallel, provided we are issued indemnities to resettle our colonists south.

No treaty nor bond shall restrict the right of passage of the Spanish subjects where ever they may be.

If there is to be peace, lasting peace, the British must allow us to buy the land our settlers currently reside in.

So they propose stealing our land and paying us a pittance for the experience?! ¡No Pasaran!

Ooohhhhhhhh
who lives in a pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple under the pineapple

May I try as well?

British diplomats have contacted us today with the intention of reaching a compromise about the border disputes of our colonial possesions in North American Columbia. They offer us a substantial amount of gold in exchange of all territories north of the 42nd Parallel. The land itself it's not very valuable, although it's rightful Spanish clay, as many explorers ventured to those frozen and dangerous lands in order to establish outposts in the name of God and our King. On the other hand, ceding those territories will warm our relations with the British, which may be of conveniance instead of farming ourselves another enemy. The Upper House debates but ultimately it's the King's last word what matters. What should we do?

>It's just some godforsaken glaciars, accept the money and reach a compromise.
>No, our men died to claim that land and it should remain ours!
>Offer the British a counter-offer where we pay them the gold and take their land.
>Who do they think they are?! All of Columbia is rightful Spanish land and we should take it though arms if necessary!

>tfw can't write
Do you want to do more or am I asking for too much
If the Spanish refuse then they can just give up (and British Columbia keeps their cores, so I guess the AI might declare war on it's own at some point)
They can declare war for the cores they already have and take everything north of the 42nd parallel
or they can get even more infamy and declare for Alta and Baja California, wich is basically California + Nevada and that peninsula below California
That's pretty good too, though I would change North American Columbia for Nootka or Cascadia (i don't know how the Spaniards called it desu) and Spanish clay for Spanish land or something

>tfw some twat comes along and does it better than you
>his first language is probably hue monkey

>general Ironside
I would be laughing if it wasn't for the fact that there was an Ironside irl that fought for the UK in ww2

As in these are all seperate events?

The other two options make you declare war on Spain

T-Thanks user

>his first language is probably hue monkey

I'm actually Spanish, so you're right

Nowadays we call it just Columbia, I don't know if it had a different name back then or in this different timeline. Also now I think it sounds better just
>The land itself it's not very valuable, although many explorers ventured to those frozen and dangerous lands in order to establish outposts in the name of God and our King.

Anyway, feel free to take, change or completely dump away my sad attempt at writing at your leisure.

Whom are YOU quoting?

"SLAIN BY SPAIN" The headline leaping off the page before it is even written. The infamous British press will surely lambast our diplomats for their supposed shortcomings in negotiations with the Spaniards, simpleton jingoists rattling the sabres of war with no understanding of the intricities of war and peace. Still, with the sway they hold over the public and the, admittedly rather pathetic way this looks on the world stage it may well be beneficial for us to kow tow to the talking heads of the day, our men could use a good war, something to get their teeth into, and lord knows putting down the Spanish pretensions of power projection in what is quite rightly a continent proudly plastered in British red would be satisfying.

>user his fluent in spanish and english
>meanwhile i can barely utilise one
the struggle of the ANGLO

If France hadn't lost Canada, it would be called Canada, not Quebec