Deciding on a wagon

Hey Veeky Forums, so i'm looking to get a wagon to replace my old Trooper. I love the Trooper but I don't go offroad enough to really need an SUV and want to keep kinda the cargo/people space while having something that's more fun on the road (and better MPGs is a plus too) From looking around my area online ive got a small list and im hoping you guys could weigh in a bit on what i've found.
>06 Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited
108k miles, $8k, automatic, turbo
>04 Subaru Forester XS
160k miles, $4.5k, manual, NA
>06 Saab 9-3 SportCombi 2.0T
135k miles, $4k, manual, turbo
>05 Subaru Outback 2.5 i
169k miles, $4k, automatic, NA
>06 Subaru Baja
not a wagon of course but it also caught my eye
170k miles, $6.5k, manual, NA
>03 Volvo V40
83k miles, $4k, automatic, turbo
I was focusing on Subaru's at first because of the ride height+AWD, im not a crazy /org/ person by any means but I do go on some rougher forest roads when I go hiking and camping. The Saab caught my eye because of the price plus a manual with a turbo sounds good. Only thing is the ride height, if what I found on google is correct it's 5.7in for the Saab, 5.9in for the Volvo, and the Subaru's between 7.5 and 8.4.
Of course I dont expect any of these cars to be a jack of all trades by any means just wanting to read some second opinions.

Subaru and saab are dogshit

What country you from again?

the US (specifically California)

why u after such small cars then

DONT say gas milage

import a MK1 mondeo
:^)

I know you are joking but you could theoretically take a ford contour and weld the back of a mondeo wagon on it, replace front bumper and lights and you got yourself a US legal mondeo

Not the mileage its just nice to have. I dont need a big SUV or truck, just something I can have fun with on the road and also haul camping gear and some buddies on the weekend.

get a big old v8 and run it on gas or something

Whoah, a sane murrican.

>wants to buy a saab
>sane
>american
???
?
?

saab
a
a
b

>durr get a bigger car
this is why people think americans are fucking stupid

thats what im leaning towards right now. Ive heard both sides about how saab is either very reliable or always breaking down I think i'll take my chances. Plus its nice change from the swarm of Subaru's in California

I would go with an 04+ Saab 9-5 2.3T(big T is very important) over a 9-3, unless the 8-3 has the 2.8. even then though the 9-5 will most likely be a better long term bet. More room as well. There are a few 9-5 wagons with manuals.

thanks user i'll keep a look out for one

get the king if you want space and comfort and diesels are amazing

>not getting the Lexus IS300 SportCross instead.
baka

Ultimate roadtrip-mobile. Even includes a front seatback table (available only on the wagons).

I am australian we love big cars

Volvo?

I did find a XC70 2.5T (automatic) that I like the look of. any experience or knowledge about that model?

Have you checked insurance? Go look up common parts like a water pump or coil packs for Saab vs Subaru. You think there might be a good reason you see so many Subarus on the road? Buying a car that makes you a snowflake is not a very good decision and reeks of emotions.

Oh you’re absolutely right about the issue of maintenance/spare parts it’s something I’ve been keeping in mind when I look at the Saab’s and Volvo’s I’ve been finding. I just like the look of the 9-3 and what I’ve read about it sounds good. Still not about to just jump into a buying something 100% without weighing the options.