/twg/ - Total War General

The Norscans pity you and all the World Edition.

Norsca Roster:
totalwar.com/blog/norsca-army-roster/

Norsca Racepack CGI trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=RbrbDa9EBR0

Mini-campaigns are gone, 4 LL packs instead
totalwar.com/blog/early-adopter-post-launch/

Dark Elves Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Dark Elves In-Engine Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB6FaGBz0Lo

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 - High Elves Let's Play
youtube.com/watch?v=D-8RQCwevAk

Total War Saga Announcement Blog
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog/

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for past historical game and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread: Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HrvA2eAHcJ4&t=2121s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah nothing comes close to SM levels of trash in fantasy. High Elves is probably the only thing you can begin to consider for that level of boring.

Empire are more like Imperial Guard.
And Imperial Guard are super based.

REMINDER that there are brainlets that actually defend having to resort to cornercamping to win battles.

REMEMBER, A VOTE FOR THOGG IS A VOTE FOR FAMILY VALUES!

Norsca gameplay never.

The whole of /twg/ is full of arguments about fantasy, the OP, comments, links; regulars, blow-ins, tripfags: they are all busy arguing.

If you ask someone what they think of patched Rome 2, he philosophizes about the Gors and the Ungors; if you inquire about the price of DLC, you are told by way of reply that fantasy is greater and history inferior; if you ask 'Is Attila any good?' the user answers that Warhammer is the best in the series.

It is now July, a chill wind blows in Naggaroth but the sea of malice is beginning to thaw. From Ghrond, a messenger comes bearing word of an ancient prophecy involving the lands of north Lustria. The Hag Queens offer many sacrifices to Khaine, while their underlings train relentlessy. Meanwhile the Druchii of Clar Karond whip their slaves ceaselessly in preparation for the Witch-Kings coming campaign.
A great fleet is being assembled and the armies of the Druchii arm themselves for total war, domination by a best elf soon!

The only brainlets are those who don't take every advantage to achieve victory.

Wasn't the stream supposed to be a week ok? Have they still not sorted out their 'technical issues'?

Would you want some dumb ignorant bastard to answer a question about history when you ask a legitimate question?

Yea, I didn't think so.

Thanks for proving my point! :)

I just bought the Beastmen DLC and before I jump right in I gotta ask is there any notable differences between the legendary lords? are each one of them roughly equal in combat?

Whatever you say bud.

SUMMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS

Would you rather sit on the bull's cock or on a horse massive one? It is all that matters.

ARE the empire boring jack of all trades??

>tfw just a Sape
>will never comprehend Neanderthal IQ

Dear god no.
Malagor is a pretty bad lord level caster with a mediocre lore.

Khazrak is a decent manlet of a beastmen that can duel well on foot or carve through a lot of infantry on chariot.

Morghur deals little damage but is incredibly tanky and his chaos spawn abilities on the battlefield are the single best thing any lord has. Morghur singlehandedly made Beastmen viable(barely) in MP.

>no flying units
No. They're fun and not jack-of-all.

Ok lads, i have a question:
when are they planning to release norsca? I wanted to try empire campaign again, but im pretty sure save will crash after norscan patch, and im playing quite slowly

Masters of Faith
Masters of Steel
Masters of Gunpowder

Makes me thankful for Stormcasts honestly, I'd take Alzheimers PTSD Knights over Loyalty Purge Emperor Knights.

Cheers. Morghur sounds cool, I'll pick him first. Pretty excited for the campaign, hopefully I don't screw up too much

August 10th. Says so on the steam page.

Their lord and hero squad is a very respectable airforce.

The saves actually transfer decently. Like it just saves the map before the change. I played before Welves were added and for that save Athel Loren just remained unpassable.

10th of August is the Norsca release date.

August 10th good sir.

Norsca DLC featuring Woolfreak the Blunderer and Throgg the Fairly Elected will land on the 10th of August, 2017.

thanks a lot

Morghur annoys me.
He's so fucking good. But Minotaurs are probably more fun overall.

>ywn be a greenskin

It's not fair lads

>Their lord and hero squad is a very respectable airforce.
Pumping out lvl 15's for your every army isn't exactly easy.

Do Warhammer 2 early adopters get Norsca early?

Yes indeed they do good sir.

No, same time as everybody else.

Wait do you you mean Morghur campaign can't get Minotaurs or are they just too expensive as the Lord description says 40% increased upkeep

Have they said anything at all about Norsca gameplay since the technical difficulties?

uh... which is it?

Nop it's unlock the 10 for everybody, if you precomand it's just free.

Why Napoleon's map is so shit?

you know you don't have to go and ask a website infamous for spreading grievous amounts of misinformation

Rock the boat!

I apologize good sir, I was mistaken.
However early adopters do get it for free.

The latter. Chaos Spawn do what they do well enough so there is really no reason to go minotaurs.
Minotaurs are just nicer somehow though.

If by early you mean before game 2's launch, then yes.

Otherwise it's 10th of august no matter how you got it. Just do a little bit of research yourself.
If you're buying it(warhammer 2) from somewhere other than steam(which I recommend), make sure it's a SEGA approved one.

I got mine off bundlestars for $48 the other day.

Oh. Singleplayer. Yeah I guess.

Do you really think someone would just go on the internet and lie?

I see people wanting araby, but do they even have a proper roster? The lore seems pretty patchworked too, with their prophet and religious split

I have a feeling that /twg/ is much faster since norsca trailer. I can't catch up with new threads.

Steam tank is still better, fite me.

Best spellschools? Shadow is clearly best for debuffs

*blocks your path*

I step over

Your 8 steam tanks vs. my 18 land ships. I'll take those odds.

>I will never be born from a mushroom
>I will never step naked and fully formed into the world, asking myself what the fuck is going on
>I will never pick up my first choppa and get to work smashing gits
>I will never join a waaagh and stomp 'umie and stuntie gits
>I will never go back home when that waaagh is defeated and start to work on making my own tribe
>I will never become the biggest and the strongest, then lead my own waaaagh across the stunty strongholds, Sylvania, the Empire, Athel Loren and Brettonia, to finally decide to go for the ultimate price and go conquer Norsca and the Chaos Wastes
>My name will never be known across the whole world with a mixture of fear and reverence of my achievements

>tried playing fall of samurai
>got immensely bored by turn 20
I just can't go back after warhammer. And I fear no historical tw will be as enjoyable even with mods

If I pull my dick out, will he go away?

No they don't.

People mostly want them because without them there will just be an empty void in the middle of the map.

Depends on the type of debuff. Shadow isn't that good.

Vampires is easily the best.
Life is a close second.

After that powergap Death probably takes the cake.
Then Beasts, Shadow and Big waaaagh.

Then light ONLY for the net.

Then the rest.

Only that we have to wait till next week and then we have just two weeks until the release of that and "The new toys" for other races

MANLING

Alright starting up my first Steel Faith campaign. Any suggestions on the race?

What a shitshow.
Everything that could go wrong went wrong.
RIP Elephants.Worst fucking day of my life.
I mainly use them to break up skirmisher lines since they literally will run them over. In that regard they do that job much better than other light cav.

In other situations I think they are eh, They are really sticky and pulling them out of a melee may cause them to lose some chariots, and they have a habit of crashing into allies or enemy units you dont want them to engage since the unit takes up a huge amount of space.

But Im a shitter so I dont really know whats the best use for them.

The [spoilers]uninstall.exe[/spoilers] race

Keep begging, nohammer.

Won't get you back the city of pillars.

*closes your door*

How the hell is life any good?

Empire or Orcs to check out what's new about them

*Skellyports behind you*

Have you played the game, son?

Healing is without a doubt the biggest impact effect in the game.

The only thing else that comes close is raise dead against an idiot with a lot of missiles who doesn't expect it, or a foot of gork on three blood knights because they're not paying any attention.

*tunnels into Karak Eight Peaks*

nuthin personel... git

That's a nice gif.

And go for the FAIREST AND MOST CHIVALROUS OF ALL

Is there a map of the hold areas I am allowed to take as Dwarfs anywhere?

Marius Leitdorf?

A reminder that forming a box is a 100% legit tactic. Even the Romans did it once.

Alright so now I am stuck between Empire and Bretboys. With Empire is there a set gameplan? I haven't played them since launch.

This
I don't know what happened but every historical Total War now bores me, and i played the shit out of them before warhammer. But i can't go back to them now.
Which is weird because i keep playing other "historical" strategy games like CK2 or Stronghold 1& Crusader even now i'm drawing big map with my brother as we keep crusading through skrimishes in our co-op crusade in Stronghold Crusader
I just can't play historical Total War anymore.

Worth noting is that Crassus sucked.

you're raiding the southlands when this skeleton slaps your GF's ass

what do?

Empire wants to take Marienburg before Bretonnia does

Bretonnia wants to take Marienburg before the Empire does

If you don't get it you're in for an interesting campaign

If you do, you've pretty much already won

This work? You can take other Dwarf areas and Greenskins settlements.

>when there's no graceposting

post more comfy gifs for my gif folder

and that he died in that battle, or shortly after

Greet him
"Hello fellow Deadlander, I see you have touched my father's infeminate skeleton bottom. Good for thouest!"

neck urself my man

>graceposting

How pathetic.

Sounds pretty clear that the Wasteland will have to be mine.

guys im going to make a mod for total war attila,
>Age of Calradia
>will have the current factions in mount and blade
>Swadia, Nords, Khergit, Rhodoks and Sarranids
Are there any recommended modding tools for attila?

Yes that's perfect thanks.

>albion is a settlement
Clearly this is fake

Can we get ourself some bangin' playing tunes up in here?
youtube.com/watch?v=HrvA2eAHcJ4&t=2121s

>having a total war map filled with FIVE (5) factions

terrible idea mate, go back to the drawing board

Depends on your difficulty. You probably want to confederate pretty quicly with Averland and Stirland before they get mugged by Vlady and Izzy or TRUUUE VON CARRRCHSTEIN.

Other than that, early game can be annoying with all those Orc and Beastmen stack; try to catpure notVenise early; and to become bro with Brettonia and the winner of the Badlandsbrawl.

With Brettonia: capture NotVenise, farm those filthy greenskin. Don't go to war with other Brettonian, confederate is easy and that's part of the faction mechanic. Try to prevent Moussilon from expanding and the MOST important : Remove those fucking Woodnigers.

Don't try to overexpand, Brettonian don't really need a big territory, even with their peasant mechanics, more about crusading into far away territory. Generaly confederating Brettonia, grabbing Marienburg, Estalia and Tilea can be enough.

>commies BTFO

You can;t mod the map user, only start positions
>not making lords all vassals

There is shit in Albion though. Including a Lizardmen start-up temple, a Bret and Empire port town and a shoddy greenskin settlement

Also thanks, I really love those confy gif.

good lad

Medieval 2 Total War (with SS)

The battle announcer keeps saying the enemy is winning when I'm winning. It's always the same thing, when the battle switches from "evenly matched" to "victory seems likely" the announcer guy says:

"Our soldiers must be fighting like old women! See how the enemy hovers around victory, like a bee around a blossom."

Halp?