Sup Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums

How do you avoid speeding?
It feels like I'm going 30mph in a 50 zone and yet I'm going the speed limit. I've been pulled over for speeding a couple times and considering I don't want to go to traffic school, I've been trying to keep a lower speed; hard to do in a fun car.

What do you guys do when you want to have fun in your car, but don't want to break the speed laws, with the potential of hitting someone or dealing with the law (I can't imagine hitting someone, that's terrifying).

What does Veeky Forums do when they have a need for speed?

Other urls found in this thread:

dmv.virginia.gov/drivers/#points_assess.asp
sellcell.com/blog/top-10-reasons-police-will-pull-you-over-while-driving/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I go to the track

I stopped being a retard and invested in a V1 and ALP laser jammer system.

'test and tune'?

How much does it cost, and how do I do this? There's a local track in town.

At some point I'll have a 2jzgte in my S13, so this will need to be a thing. No way will I survive driving that shit on the streets

Tell me more, user. The marks on my license beg you

I never claimed I was all that intelligent :(

waze has a way to check the current speed limit of the road and turns red if our gps speed exceeds that, not sure if you can tie it into an audible tone or something so it beeps when you're like 5+ over

see if there's autocross events in your area

or a track if you want to go all out

Buy a car with cruise control. Or if you wanna cuck yourself with a new car buy one with one of those automatic radar cruise controls that changes your speed to match the cars around you. Just relax and watch the normies behind you lose their minds

>How do you avoid speeding?
I don't, I just watch for cops. My car has a silky smooth I6 and a reasonably sized turbo, going fast is just natural for it and it doesn't feel like you're going fast because it's a smooth engine and ride.

Speaking of speeding I just got my very first ticket infraction (I'm 27) I was caught doing 82 in a 65 on the freeway in Sacramento California, what do I do? I see I have like only 3 options, pay the fee and get a violation point, pay for traffic school or appeal?

Is that all my options? can I throw myself at the mercy of the court with a reduced fine and no point?

Literally no clue. I have so many speeding tickets. I cant stop Veeky Forums.

I think you eventually grow out of it.

The only thing I can think of is having a slow beater or using your fast car more on weekend drives?

Hire noseberg and get as much shit knocked off as you can. Try to get a double or nothing type deal. Etc. Your insurance rates will thank you

I don't understand what you mean, I hire a lawyer and then they do what exactly double or nothing?

I don't. I went 30 over past a CHP unit and they didn't even look twice

Tan camry FTW

oh my lord you are me in 5 years if I don't stop now

OP here, I keep thinking of this as an option, unironically wishing I owned a geo metro 3 cyl or some real low end shitbox with 0 torque

oh you lucky fucker

I outran CHP going 126mph going the other direction and when he turned to pull me over I kept my foot on the gas

I don't think I have the balls for that though, props to ya m8

maybe I need to huff some glue so I'll be mentally slower, maybe then I'll drive better, gah

Not sure how it works in commiefornia, but here in Washington State the cops don't know up to court a majority of the time so it ends up being your word against the word of someone who is not there. I've had 3 tickets reduced to parking fines with no points or insurance reporting.

I don't.
Even when i try i end up doing it anyways.
I suggest just keeping your eyes open for cops. and try to keep it in the double digits.

>How do you avoid speeding?

You don't, really. To do so is to deny primal urges, and that sort of thing never ends well. You should try to temper it, such as slowing down close to the "suggested" speed limit in school zones, but only because small children can cause severe damage to your bumper and undercarriage.

On the open highways, you let it rip. Get yourself a radar detector if you're really scared, but your best bet is to get some smoked license plate covers, dark window tint, and make sure your car is really fast. Also carry a gun in case you get pulled over. Speeding tickets are a direct violation of the NAP and punishable with lethal force.

>laser jammer

by the time you've jammed anything they've already tagged you, LIDAR is a royal nigger to defend against

>I outran CHP going 126mph going the other direction and when he turned to pull me over I kept my foot on the gas

I'm not against running from the police, but the problem with new LIDAR guns is that they have a camera built in to them. Cops are now trained to focus on the license plate or driver of the vehicle (if you're in a state with no front plates). It snaps a photo of the target and stamps it with the recorded speed for use in court.

I have a court date next year for a speeding ticket, but I'm not sure if the cop had that sort of gun or not. If not, I think I can argue that he was unable to accurately target my vehicle since there were a bunch of us close together, including a truck in front of me.

I used to defend cops when people would rag on them, but now I really don't care. Most of them are dickwads, and the few that really do good work like helping to get kids out of fucked up homes, are not the ones doing traffic enforcement. Shitlords sign up to be traffic cops, or they're stuck there because they suck at everything else.

>Is that all my options?
I've heard some people drown the police department and officer in red tape, petitioning the court for the police radar calibrations, etc... and constantly calling into question the accuracy of the officer's equipment.

If they can't provide every piece of information to establish accurate readings, the judge can assume that the instruments may be out of calibration and rule more in your favor.

Now these calibrations may only account for 3-4 mph difference, so not enough to overcome your 17 over, but it can probably reduce your points/penalties if it works out in your favor.

Also, it being your first ticket is in your favor.

I think I heard somebody enrolled in traffic school BEFORE the court date, got some certificate to prove that they took it, showed the judge and helped their case.

I just speed where I want.
Theres probably a reason I've lost my license twice now and I doubt there isnt a third time comming soon after I get it back again.

Fuck off cummy.

You can't even into 25mph downhill. Highly doubtful you're speeding.

Are you guys complete asshats to the cops during the stop? Every speeding ticket I've gone to court required a 5 minute conversation before the hearing asking if he/she could cut me a break on the points. I've had every ticket reduced.

In my state you've got two options on the back of the ticket:
1) Plead guilty, pay the fine and possibly get points
2) Plead not guilty, pay the fine as a deposit in case you don't show up, and then go to court.

There is no negative to fighting it other than taking time out of your day.

In my state (VA) the police has no control over the points accrued on a license for a particular incident.
Points are a DMV matter, assessed pending the outcome of your verdict on the charge.

dmv.virginia.gov/drivers/#points_assess.asp

The one ticket that I went to court for, the cop gave me a break when he pulled me over. I never got the chance to see the cop before. You're supposed to be in the courtroom (so no talking inside) and get up when your name is called and you do your preliminary and enter a plea.

>Are you guys complete asshats to the cops during the stop?
I've only been pulled over while escaping being trapped in by slow drivers all around me. That shit freaks me out but good luck explaining that to a cop or judge.

I'm nice to the cop but I'm not trying to make friends.

>get pulled over
>cop walks up with speed gun in hand
>"sir, do you know why I pulled you over?"
>"probably for speeding since you have the speed gun in your hand"
>"that's right sir, and I got you at XX"

>I used to defend cops when people would rag on them, but now I really don't care. Most of them are dickwads, and the few that really do good work like helping to get kids out of fucked up homes, are not the ones doing traffic enforcement. Shitlords sign up to be traffic cops, or they're stuck there because they suck at everything else.

>I used to defend cops when people would rag on them
I'm not ragging, just sharing a story of me being dumb :P

>good work like helping to get kids out of fucked up homes

utmost respect for these cops because they do society good.

>I have a court date next year for a speeding ticket
hope you get it dismissed, user

What did he mean by this

All the best for ya, user. I hope you change your ways as I try to change mine. You must have lead foot worse than I; I sympathize but you gotta think about other people's lives, bro.

lol
I'm not an asshat when I've been let off more than twice.

>"probably for speeding since you have the speed gun in your hand"
Would this not count as admission of guilt?

I should be more careful

shit that aint bad

>>"probably for speeding since you have the speed gun in your hand"
>Would this not count as admission of guilt?
Not at all. I made a logical conclusion based upon where he was and what he was doing right before seeing me, what he most likely had in his hand (shape and features that I observed at a distance) when he got out of his car, and compared to the list of most likely reasons that he would pull me over.

Given these top 10 lists of reasons cops pull over drivers while driving:
sellcell.com/blog/top-10-reasons-police-will-pull-you-over-while-driving/
>Driving Over The Speed Limit
>Illegal Use Of A Phone
>Hazardous Driving
>Equipment Violations
>Tailgating
>Improper Lane Changes
>Driving Too Slowly
>Using The Left Lane Without Having To Pass (Not a moving violation in my state)
>Failure To Wear A Seatbelt
>Questionable Activities

A handheld device that he's bringing to my drivers window only fits one scenario here.