Drag "racing" or drifting

All things considered, which is more cancerous?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Op2RJ_giYc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ul6VtdWtZZc
youtube.com/watch?v=8HA-JP5e8NU
youtube.com/watch?v=I0v9HNjvRr8
youtube.com/watch?v=nydn-jODL6I
youtube.com/watch?v=gDuDtEp0RSY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqenksqHtA
youtube.com/watch?v=Pna4UWXkVKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Busriders that make shitty threads

one is about going fast straight, while the other is about always going sideways, one could be cancerous then the other but theyre not very comparable to each other minus that theyre both auto related.
it would be like comparing rally to f1

drag """"""""""racing""""""""""
involves little to no skill and all the faggots that attend think their cars are "soooo fast" where if even thought about cornering their cars then the cars would most likely flip over and murder an entire village of orphans

>t. Weeb box owner thats slower than minivan

found the miata/brz owner. Did some chad in a muscle car cut you off in the freeway today?

which is more cancerous
>NHRA
or
>FIA

>which is more cancerous?
OP

Why don't you like having fun OP?

Drag racing 99% means 2 guys in automatics and the guy with more money wins. Drifting by contrast is a pretty advanced driving technique that requires you to risk your car to even learn. I'm in Texas so there's no drifting and it's all drag pulls on the highway

Completely different powertrain/suspension/alignment you can't take one and make it to well in the other.

Drag racing is Money = HP and your skill is in your reaction time, consistency (helped by and automatic transmission) and knowing when to back off to not break your time.

Drifting you need countersteering, throttle control, load transfer.

Both need modifications specifically for that racing. The cancer is in the fans and what they do with their daily vehicle or everyday traffic behaviour.

Drag racing, because it requires no skill and was invented by Americans.

>it would be like comparing rally to f1
why not both?

But it comes down to the same thing in the end.
The guy with more money gets more track time and becomes more skilled as a result, not to mention will usually have a better car

>europoor this jealous of fast american cars

That thing in the pic, fucking hell the kikes really turned the world into a feminine bunch of retards

>casual antisemitism: the post
Fuck off

track day bros and autoxers are the worst and should be the comparison

drag racing is simple fun and no preps are great

drifting is like the most fun you can have driving a car

But at least 90% of the fastest cars in the world are European you dumb inbred muritard

Drag racing is cancerous. The money wins. 0 skill. That's why muricans do it.

>zionist scum: the post

>Casual
What kind of a casual do you take me for? Gas them.

Why are track drivers and autocross drivers cancer?

a lot have a superiority complex and think theyre magical for being able to drive around cones at 30 mph or go around a "REAL" racetrack while looking down on other motorsports like oval racing drag or even drifting despite it being on the same tracks sometimes

Ive just met more cunts in those fields

Fuck you faggot

wannabe Nazis are more cancerous than any of them tho

Youre a slave and a shill
Now act like one and shut up

>citation needed

Kys larping faggot

It's the opposite where I live. All the drag faggots and drift kiddies think track racing isn't a real sport and would call something like a Ferrari FXX K "not a real car" despite the fact it would probably do a 1/4 mile faster than anything they've ever sat in

>pointing out literal facts
>anitsemitism

as someone that has done rally cross, no. Money helps a lot but when it actually takes skill there's a serious gap that money can't completely fix. There's all sorts of kids that show up in their daddy's Porsche and get rekt by 2500 Miatas on their last legs. In rallycross I can't tell you how many times some faggot ricer in an STI gets done by some old fart in a fucking Dodge Neon he found a couple of weeks ago.

remember boys; don't talk to tripfags

>actually sage-ing

>still thinks modern day muscle cars like the zl1 and hellcat cant turn.

Your car couldn't tell which direction any of these cars are going on a track.

>Hellcat
>turn

Drag racing.

That "sport" is one of the main reasons why the US auto industry has been shit for so long. People think 0-60 and quarter mile times are what makes a car fast and horsepower is all that matters.

Without drag racing and turnleft maybe the US would make cars that weigh under 3000lbs and be able to actually turn.

>drag racing
it actually has a competitive purpose, even if it's mostly about money (IMO)

>drifting
drifting is basically figure skating for cars, you can't become objectively good at it you can just somehow look "pretty" doing it, but then again i can't really say this isn't about money either considering all the tires you'd have to pay for plus the mods needed for your car etc etc

personally i like rally the most, it's still about speed but you still get to see a bunch of sideways action since on dirt/really rough tarmac people slide around anyways

So drifting is an art?

>draglets
>put big weel on back den pres throtle XD
>driftlets
>faggots with monster energy stickers who think ken block is a good driver
both are faggots and neither take skill

>stop bullying, we have independent suspension too now >:(

Yes both are faggots but both require a technique to be done properly that requires skill. Both are hard

>you can't become objectively good at it you can just somehow look "pretty" doing it

yes the fuck you can, boy you are stupid as shit. I would like to see you drive like this

youtube.com/watch?v=0Op2RJ_giYc

youtube.com/watch?v=8HA-JP5e8NU

Nothing casual about it, oy vey you fuckin kike

Drifting.
At least with Drag Racing there's a clearly outlined goal - to go as fast as possible - so there's no way to do it wrong.

Drifting is full of shit cunts ripping big gay powerskids in their slammed stanced bucket of bad handling shit and thinking they're the new Drift King

>automatics
You do know that the automatics used in drag racing still have to be manually shifted. They use them because there’s no clutch so they can stay in the power

What is the point of drag racing? I thought it was all about the shifting but Americans use automatic. So do you just step on the pedal?

>Drifting is full of shit cunts ripping big gay powerskids in their slammed stanced bucket of bad handling shit and thinking they're the new Drift King

t. uncultured swine that only knows drift culture because of their local bogans

The most common form is called bracket racing. You enter a time to run, and whoever runs closest to their time without going under it wins. Outside of that, it's a mechanic's race in the nation-wide dick measuring contest to go as fast as possible. An automatic with a high-stall converter provides a fast, consistent launch but gear selection is manual most of the time.

Oh fuck prime example right here! Look at all those faggots arse dragging and powerskidding...... one even calls himself the "King of Drift"!!!!!

There's only one Drift King.
youtube.com/watch?v=nydn-jODL6I

you sound like a delusional flyover cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=gDuDtEp0RSY

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqenksqHtA

exactly, drag racing is more of a test between the machines than the drivers, as it's a lot easier to reach the car's max potential on a straightaway than on a track, is there anything that wrong with that? are you that bothered by people enjoying throwing their money into straight line speed? did chad smoke you in his dad's mustang or something?

nobody there calls them self the drift king other than Keiichi Tsuchiya. Of course he is DK. The point I was making is that anyone can git gud at it with some practice. as a matter of fact. The people I posted and DK have very different driving/drifting styles.

>drag drifting
>you have to go down a short straight into a long left-hand skid in the smallest amount of time

>such a small shitty track you can't NOT be a powerskidding shitcunt
Not helping your case mate.

>different driving styles
Yeah Tsuchiya's a race driver and they're all powerskidding shitcunts.
youtube.com/watch?v=Pna4UWXkVKI

See how he grips up seamlessly after the corner?

Who cares as long as you enjoy doing it.

You need a citation when someone tells you the grass is green during summer?

>shit cunts
Aussie shitposter detected

I'm so glad I didn't get halos for my 944.

>photoshop cars
Nigga

>every single person in a motorsport needs to be as good as the best or else you can't participate.

That's the argument you seem to be making, sure a lot of them powerslide these days because power is more easily available but that doesn't mean that they can't do it. The burgers particularly have a large portion of drivers with shit technique but large power and a handbrake. Of course the sport will change going into another culture, it doesn't mean they should stop. Motorsports change. Accept it.

t. different cunt than before

>MK4
>Sauce packet

Even trade. I bet that fucker is an autotragic 2.slow

Fuck off JIDF

>11.00 @ 134mph
>i sleep
>10.99 @ 135mph
>REAL SHIT

Why would I want to put effort into driving like an idiot just because it looks cool? You're just wasting tires

Oh also you didn't ever prove my point about being objectively good at it. It looks good, sure, but what defines a good drift? The angle you have? How long you manage to pull it off? There has to be some statistics here, it can't just be "this person's driving is objectively good because it looks the coolest"

its less about driving ability (though reaction time in a huge part of it) more than its about mechanical ability in suspension and drivetrain tuning for maximum straight line performance. and its fun to give your car the beans and not get in trouble for it

I think the point I'm trying to make is they are doing it wrong, they are heading down the wrong path but they think it's the right one.... but all they have to do is watch Drift Bible and he tells your everything you need to know....

> it can't just be "this person's driving is objectively good because it looks the coolest"

but it its lol its a cool points competition

It's literally the Rhythmic Gymnastics of the auto world.
Everybody laughs at the stupid pointless shit they do; and laugh even harder when they think they ought to be taken seriously.

Drifting and drag racing are both boring as hell, id say drifting is the lesser of two evils here tho, much cheaper to participate and slightly less boring to watch

Yeah, I agree with you on that one, a lot of the drifting nowadays is mostly just power sliding but at grassroots level there is still a lot of good drifters. I think the further away from grassroots you go the bigger spectacle you need to make and therefore big power, more smoke which leads to worse technique.

Back to where you came from.

Drag racing is actuality a race
Drifting ???????

Fund it

some guy was charging reddit and morty fans $10 to dip a chicken nugget into his single packet of sauce and there was a queue of people waiting to pay. She could turn a profit with that sachet.

Drag racing is a race with a pure factual result, drifting is an event that relies on the opinions of judges.

100m sprint is stupid you can hardly call running in a strait line racing.

i find it hard to take drag racing seriously, its as much of a novelty as drifting is.
both looks like fun tho

They're just as bad as each other. At least with drag racing the winner is objective, whereas drifting has to be judged. Drifting has a much worse fanbase, though.

I don't think many people on this thread have actually watched drag racing.

>the winner's the one who could get to the end of left hand skid by doriftoing

fast straight then suddenly drifting on tight corner, what could possibly go wrong?

It's images like that which make me think the nukes can't come soon enough.

If you make any sort of claim you might as well be able to prove it otherwise you're talking out of your ass

in fact they are superior

>1488
kekd too

Check'd

Time attack master race

back to your cesspit