The midsized coupe is dead

What happened Veeky Forums. Why did the affordable midsized coupe die? bbs because because

fuck I love RS

The midsize coupe was born during the 70’s and 80’s, and it died during the late 90’s. It was a style thing, an automotive fad. The Prelude, Celica and Silvia were never meant to be mass market sellers, they just hit their stride and ran until the market embraced SUV’s and hybrids

Not true. The accord kept it going until last year and Nissan had its altima coupe. I'm sure there are others I just cant remember. Its kept alive via the luxury segment but who the fuck wants to pay for that shit

What did OP mean by this?

"affordable"
learn to read moron

????

>luxury

Because normies don't aspire to blah coupes anymore. Anyone who is middle class and likes cars now aims at "special" cars like the GTI, WRX, focus st, mustang, etc. The people who were willing to half-ass it to look cool are gone - they've moved on to cell phones and gadgets to get their consumerist fix.

The only posers left are the wealthy brand whores so they buy their expensive luxury branded fat coupes and gt cars.

37k buys you german. 37 is NOT affordable for a coupe. The genesis coupe started at 10k less than this.

Random Aussie dropping in you are a moron

The Genesis is BRZ tier

There are tons of affordable midsized coupes

>Genesis Coupe
>FRS
>Accord Coupe
>ATS Coupe ($37k for turbo 4 MT so maybe not affordable)
>Mustang
>Camaro
>370Z

> It's the year 2017 i need something that does it all without me worrying about being limited by the car's capabilities

no it isnt

New
also mustang and camaro are not midsized

>sports car
>entry level sports car
>only coupe on your list
>GT
>pony car
>pony car
>sports car

A coupe isn’t simply any car with 2 doors

You're right it's worse

>Rwd means sports car

FRS is an entry level sports car like the Miata. Genesis is kinda weird, it’s not quite a Korean pony car but it isn’t a sports car either. Too focused on performance to be a coupe but not luxurious enough to be a GT

You can use any of those "sports" cars like a regular car

sports coupe?

This thing is basically a midsize now.

This was considered midsize for 2 decades.