Black Desert Online /bdog/

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is a Korean MMORPG developed by Pearl Abyss. It features non-tab targeted action combat, group pvp, infinite grinding and a pseudo-sandbox experience.

>Latest NA/EU Patch Notes
community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/patch-notes-july-12th-2017-updated.27679/

>Latest KR Patchnotes
invenglobal.com/articles/2317/bdo-kr-patch-notes-july-6th-mini-game-area-and-tower-defense-mode-added

>Useful Links, Guides, Guilds & Info
pastebin.com/pewVq1xJ

>Mod info
undertow.club/threads/black-desert-online-resorepless-nude-mod.9098/

>NewFAQs
Read the pastebin, Ctrl+F, jfgi before posting.
Many guests passes are available for those that wish to try the game for 7 days.

Previous:

Claiming this thread for Valor and Tamers.

But Valor is full of mean people

Certainly not me.

I want to headpat this Tamer.

Most certainly not

Are we summoning jani-sama this early?

Daddy will give you his cummies

valor or videogaems

Claiming this thread for mustaches.

i'm 25% done.

Valor people are actually really nice

Name one.

VideoGaems seems kinda dead desu. They're both nice people. Valor has stronger members and better guildbuffs.

Inveru.

Inveru, my wife.

This thread is now owned my mustache boys

Thats moving along pretty fast

When are you making BOIS_ONLY?

www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/jul/20/salvador-dali-remains-exhumed-paternity-case
It is a good day for moustaches, past and future

Already in a guild sorry

>PvE
>Go to use Blizzard
>Character does the animation
>Nothing happening
>start rapidly clicking
>Ice starts to fall
>Skeletons slowly trudge towards
>Suddenly boss knocks me down
>Get back up get back into the animation
>Try to evade
>Doesn't happen
>Get knocked back down and killed

Blizzard is the fucking worst it keeps fucking happening

>moving along pretty fast
8MB/s eating all my bandwidth right now

SKULLDRINKER MUSTACHE COVERED IN BLOOD AFTER FUCKING YOUR WIFE

EU IS SHIT
THIS IS WORSE THAN YOUR GAY UGLY DEFAULT TAMERS

Also
>Try to use Blizzard
>Chain Lightning casts

But those are NA, wot.

We are NA mustache bois, friendo

How do you guys go about names? I've been using one of those fantasy randomizers and even then it's still difficult to find something that isn't taken

dont ever reply to me

your retarded, your reddit meme is retarded

VideoGaems has the few actives that we had from the start mostly.
No real recruiting for now but people are free to join.

White Man Take Native Guild, White Man Turn Sucking Bangui Into White Folk Through Black Spirits, Scowling Megu Leave Fish People In Search Of New Home Free Of White Folk And Evil Spirits...
My Ancestors Call To Me...

tfw you drink too much coffee and convince yourself you're gonna die

You try everything that sounds nice for about 2~3 hours until you find something that isn't taken by some random faggot yet.

Why don't you two merge? Kinda dumb to split the already small EU playerbase into two Veeky Forums guilds.

I like this OP. Good job user.

We're considering it but it's not urgent.

Everyone

???

cal 2 heidel 7-5. 15 mins

New player who hasn't played mmos for almost a decade and I am getting triggered over the whole "spot is taken" shit. It's a fucking mmo yeah sure rotations are the most efficient etc etc but how the hell do people get mad when other people are in the area I don't even. It's open world pvp just kill or be killed/karma bomb there's no such thing as MUH SPOT. Like why do people have to use that to justify themselves. Fucking babbies.

Also I want to shoot shit in ocean with a boat do I need to level hunting or is that a sailing thing?

Sailing, you'll want a sailboat or a guild boat

Because you're taking possible xp/hour and loot away from them by killing -THEIR- mobs. Just change servers or get a group of your own.

>Also I want to shoot shit in ocean with a boat do I need to level hunting or is that a sailing thing?
Get a sailboat and a crew or tag along with someone else. No level for hunting is required.

Really neat to see all the shitposts when someone gets banned.

It's not -THEIR- mobs tho, it's not first come first serve, you have to stand your ground

Of course it's not. That was sarcasm, user. "Winning" grinding spots is really determined by who has the biggest dick (AP/DP) in the room.

Thanks for the boat answer. I might as well attempt to make the epheria boat while I wait for mystic.

Yes I know about changing channels and what not, but that's not really the point. What makes it THEIR mobs? They aren't hitting it, they're probably a pack or two away. Yes, you're taking exp/hour away from them, but it's open world not instance based, so obviously other people are going to be around. I just don't like people using "I was here first" "I'm stronger" as some sort of excuse to whether they're right or wrong about stupid spot situations. I didn't see this shit in other games like RF online. Just kill people, fuck.

Well. That's just the mindset of the community we have. It's a grinder and open world pvp exists. Don't adhere the warnings and they'll flag you for taking that 0.01% of xp from them to make you buzz off.

>They aren't hitting it, they're probably a pack or two away.
I know. But when someone else does it that pack, you're ruining the respawn times and rotations for them.

>What makes it THEIR mobs?
Nothing really. See Afraid I can't answer it better than that though.

tl;dr
People are assholes and open PvP only encourages them to be assholes

Ye. Pretty much.

hello user about 10mins left i think.
91%

Anyone want some early morning lewds?
I'm a bottom

The problem is NOT the pvp, but the grind itself.

The mmorpg genre is dry from any creativity and is severely suffering from over-use of drawn out old recipes for game design that is outdated.

PVP should be determined by individual skill ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE, period.

Levels if even needed, should not create a gap between you and your friends, or be used as a tool to gank lowbies.

Gear should be situational and have meaningful choices associated to it. It should not be "this gear has more AP than that gear".

I could go on about everything that is wrong about crafting, exploration and so on. It doesn't matter in the end. The gaming industry on a whole is ruined by dumb investors too afraid to take any risks.

The only reason BDO is remotely interesting to waste time on (because there is fucking nothing else to play) is because it is taking small risks (that don't always pay off, but at least it's not a fucking WoW clone).

LF cute EU witches

Peria chronicles when? I want my anime waifu game.

>PVP should be determined by individual skill ONLY AND NOTHING ELSE, period.
This is true for a video game where battles are instances in a vacuum, but not MMOs.

But MMOs introduce logistics, which are the main part of the game. If you don't want logistics to influence the gameplay, then you shouldn't be playing a genre where the only thing separating it from other multiplayer genres is the logistics.

Shh, goyim. You know you love our great (shitty) game.

it's done user

All done now?

The problem is that it's determined by logistics WAY too much. It's better for me to explain with an example.

Say you start out as a fresh character with nothing but rags and a dagger. Say you're matched against someone else whom have been playing the game way longer than you, is a mage and has an arsenal of insane magic at his disposal.

If that mage is dumb enough to let you come close to him and get stabbed by your dagger, then that should be lethal.

Sure enough, you will most likely get anal-blasted by insane amounts of magic, but it's the chance of success that PVP lacks in mmorpgs.

In a new modern mmorpg, something like that is simply not seen. There is no danger to PVP unless you both have put the same amount of hours into the game to reach the same limit.

Yes, what server?

t. I play deprived in Dark Souls.

I'll meet you on Olvia 6.

Where are you at?

Heidal City, Level 25 named Jerrallt or somthing like that.

Could I get a quick rundown between Valor and Videogaems?

Player is offline, you can''t whisper that player.

Go to the Trade Manger, I'll meet you there.

Jerraltt is the name, whoops.

Valor:
BBC memes that aren't really memes
Tamer shitposting
Led by an actual pair of niggers. Doxen and dofflin

Videogaems:
Dead guild looking to merge with valor
Will deny that
Okay guys other than that

How do I join YotsubaCorp?

How do I get dick around here?

Join Inner Circle

>Led by an actual pair of niggers. Doxen and dofflin
It's the same person

He's a big nig

I enjoy Tamer shitposting if it includes cute Tamers.

>The item you've obtained through party hunting has been registered to the marketplace and sold

wait what? why? I had 30 black stones and 7 forbidden books appearently

Don't join groups then dumb steamie.

but for what purpose does it auto-sell?

You really can't think of a reason why people would want to do that in grinding groups? Are you retarded?

Because armor pieces clutter inventory and weigh you down.

So it's a setting when making a party?

By whispering me

how many witches does Videogaems have?

2 atleast

Sharky and yellow witch

EU Yellow Witch best witch

We all know valor has the best witch

By climbing on my lap

Best place to grind from 55 that isn't sausons?

Skeli's aren't giving enough XP anymore

bashims

Helms and or Elrics

How?
Lewd! But, where?

EU?

EU or NA? Ign?

NA

NA, Aenenrya. Pick the server/spoiler]

I don't think you could ever make an MMO to that formula, because MMOs are generally RPGs. And RPGs heavily rely on numbers to determine strength and such.

Individual skill only really comes out into games like FPS or, maybe even, a MOBA. But an RPG that is about "individual skill", what would that even be? Could you really make an RPG that is somehow an RPG without gear, stats, or levels?

Aena_Ryn?

No, just Aenenrya

Heidel Inn Calph2, no meme