/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: SPLATOON 2 IS NOW OUT

Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- The next NA/EU Splatfest is Mayonnaise vs Ketchup, to be held in the first weekend of August.
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord

- discord.gg/bPfxAVs

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

PORL

Did they make this guy intentionally look like a minion?

When they add the Splatoon stage to 5mash, do you think they'll have your a squid now/kid now as one of the songs?

S tier:
Charger, Shooters

F tier
Rollers, brushes, sloshers.

Friendly reminer that if you use S tier your a good player, if you use F tier your a shitter who needs crutches to win.

your waifu waifus my waifu

Does anybody have any connection solutions that involve switching up settings with the router? I get disconnected nonstop and all my other consoles work well.

>high tide
>lets just send 3 steel eels and 5 flies at once

Why is everyone eating up the on discord dlc that Nintendo's releasing the day after the game came out? I though v hated that shit

What is the fucking cloud on salmon run that keeps eating my ass

I had this happen for a couple hours last night when I got home from work. Didn't stabilize until about 8pm or so. You just have to ride it out, I think its the servers right now.

The missiles the umbrella shaped ones launch rain clouds.
You can stop that by shooting the missiles out of the air before they pop but for some reason nobody ever considers that a priority.

The discord is reddit.

I WANT TO MAKE MR GIRZZ PROUD OF ME, I WANT TO HEAR HIM SAY THAT I'M THE BEST WORKER HE HAS, AND HOW HE AUTHORIZES ME TO CALL HIM DADDY BEAR.

How do you git gud with the gyro ?

When's "tomorrow"

11 hours 35 minutes EST

You don't, it's a meme, notice everyone at the international event used motion controls.

So for ether net, I must use the TV and docked switch?

Is that with just the two tiny parts alone?

10pm tonight EST, 2am GMT, 11am JP.

What sensitivity settings are you guys using for motion control?

On disc dlc
The splatbrush files are on your switch, and are a day 2 dlc
But people are just eating that shit up

do the callie and marie amiibo sets have the same main abilities they had in the first game?

Max. I'd go higher if i could.

Holy shit salmon run is nuts

How much better is the pro controller for this? I've been using the joycons with no problem so far.

It's only hated when you have to pay for it, not when it's gradually rolled out for free to encourage the metagame to naturally evolve and have time to adapt to slowly increasing complexity of content.
It's a good thing.

Oh okay, I was doing that too and was just curious if people were more accurate on a lower setting. (I'm bad)

Would that pro controller be good for this game?

Is it just me or do some of the Hero Mode levels seem kind of tedious? I don't really mind it but I feel like some levels just drag on.

It's not dlc. It's just time-gated. Did you download anything?

Also it's free. Nintendo did this with the first Splatoon as well, they launched with a small group of weapons, then slowly enabed/added more over time. It keeps users engaged and also ensures people have time to try a few weapons before they dump even more into the game. I'm okay with it.

How good is good enough for ranked?
As in, how many points/kills should I have on average in turf war

It's fun to learn how speedrun them once you start 100%'ing for the Hero weapons.

Black Ice

So three flyfish at once is just meant to be a party wipe, right?

Yes

Seeing as how they can target everyone at least twice and hit them anywhere on the map, and it only takes two missiles to kill...kinda?

Currently on level 18 in singleplayer, this is the most god damn annoying thing ever. They seriously cranked up the difficulty over the first one.

You're on a tower and it's moving upwards with constant flow of enemies and no cover (except sponges). You're also required to use the charger on your first playthrough so you can't aim and fire fast enough to kill the rapidly moving enemies. At the end two snipers appear and just rip you apart because there's no cover.

tl;dr fuck this game and whoever decided to add platforming segments like it's fucking Mario 64

Then how about the amiibo dlc? On disc, day 1 dlc you have to pay money for.

Pic of spla2n disc please

I miss the japs

You're probably just going to have to jump in; ranked games play by entirely different rules and objectives.

How are you supposed to aim in this game, with just the gyro or do you use the stick for major movements and use gyro for small adjustments?

Is it regional servers this time?

Are you really gonna focus on the fact that he said disc and not cart? Come on homie?

What is a Freshness Bonus?

yes

Oh good, I'm about to start world 4. Time to die.

I think it's when your weapon levels up from dry to wet

No, but you only get the closest people to you
Means that for casual turf war you won't see actual japs, just weeaboo. Maybe if you hit a high rank at an unpopular time you'll get japs, but that's still unlikely

Every 5 levels you get with a weapon give you a freshness bonus

user, I'm doing that level right now, and it's hard as shit, but you completely missed the sponges, they're supposed to be your cover, they're right in front of the snipers

>t. pic related

Winstreak bonus
You win x games in a row without changing weapons or losing or quitting the game and Judd gives you bonus cash for it

It's just not the same, you know? I swear, it's making me consider making one of those petitions just so I feel marginally less powerless over this whole thing. Maybe I'm just being obsessive about all this, but it genuinely makes me want to take one of the devs to one side and ask if he has any plans to do something about this severe imbalance at any point in the game's planned year of updates.

I'd actually be willing to pay for some kind of full return for the Squid Sisters, and I'm not sure what I should think about that. That is, beyond feeling more bitter over how it'll probably never happen.

THE FRESHNESS

No I'm not why do you ask

That's cause rain isn't that big a deal. The fact that that user manages to get killed by it regularally is impresive.

Don't worry, after the inevitable last splat2 splatfest is squid sisters vs off the hook we'll get them back for splat3 in 2020

I saw the sponges, but the snipers just knock them down fast, and it's hard to pay attention and keep them up while I'm also fighting 4-5 other enemies surrounding me

Its pretty annoying when youve got multiple bosses up and it fucks with your movement, but when you have multiple bosses up you have bigger worries than shooting down a fucking missile.

don't use your meal tickets and then play ranked or you are just wasting them

It seems the game keeps a separate streak for each weapon, since after switching it reverts to the value I had when I last used that weapon.

Best way to grind snails in singleplay?

>not stacking your FRESH(tm) tree with 6+ ICE

Has anybody done motion controls with the splat dualies? If so can you aim each individually?

Have they announced what's going to be Inkbrush's subs and special?

Also
>Inkbrush on Salmon Run

nip twitter said splat bombs and splashdown

I'll take literally anything over the blaster

They're both fine, the pro is just a bit more comfortable.

How do you unlock the P90 they give you in singleplayer ?

Why do they insist on putting the motherfucking Splashdown on everything?!?! Aside from the Ink Armor, it's the worst special.

But that's three whole years, user. What am I supposed to do until then, Stockholm Syndrome myself into thinking Off the Hook is an equally good replacement?

And even that assumes they aren't replaced by another duo entirely like they were in this game. Goddamn it, I hate having no control over shit like this.

Beat every single player level using it.

ink armor is literally the best special in the game. The entire team gets it no matter how far away they are.

If you can beat a game without failing even once, it's a shit game. Splat1 singleplayer was like that, Spla2n's evidentally isn't.

Balance. Same reason that they removed the Tentamissles from the Splattershot.

They don't want any one weapon to be absolutely perfect, hence why they have to offset it with something "not gud".

it's only a single shot though, in practice it's a slight boost to 1v1s at best

a slight boost to 4 1v1s is better than anything else in the game.

>he can't DIRECT EVERYTHING

Uh, no. Aside from basic fire, it doesn't really protect you from shit like the bubbler used to. Specials still fuck you.

They're removing it from the splattershot? Got a source for that?

The testfire in march had Tenta Missles for the Splattershot, and it was changed in the final release.
The Splat Dualies also had the Emparry Dualies kit at first, then they moved it.

Testfire had stock Splattershot with burst bombs and missiles and it was ridiculously vetsitale. Think Splat1 Tentakek except more mobile, with less commitment and easier to use.

ink armor can absorb a splashdown. Unless you're still playing turf war where everyone is using aerospray and dualies absorbing one shot is massive. it's just an I win button against chargers and rollers

>golden sewer round
>people walk around like idiots doing nothing

FUCK!

the elevators in salmon run don't work

It was on the Splattershot in the first testfire. It's no longer that way in the main game. There are only two Splattershots in game. Basic and Tentatek. Neither has the Tentamissles, so unless they release one as DLC, it ain't happening.

>Salmon run
>3 players with eggs squidding to elevator
>1st player makes it on, shoots it up right away, leaving people behind.
>Side is inked anyway so got right up

Not sure if mad or not

If you know the side is inked you SHOULD immediately head up and just let them swim up the side.

>the devs purposefully give certain weapons sub-optimal loadouts for the sake of balance

I fucking knew this....

How is someone already using the Splat Brella online?

>teammate doesn't wait for you before lifting the elevator

that's how balance works user
you give it strengths and weaknesses

It's the smart thing to do. If he waits for you, you could both die. If the side is inked, then you can just swim up. If it isn't inked, you can quickly ink it then swim up, so that it's faster next time. And if you die, then he'll be able to come back and save you.

blaster is good, easier than the charger to kill steelheads with
>mfw roller and brush for tomorrow
who's ready to get their pay cut

shoot the propellers m8.

ink the sides of them as well so you don't get stuck when someone else uses them