Halo Warthog

Why wasn't a street legal warthog put into production at the peak of Halo's popularity? It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult. It doesn't need 4 wheel steering or to be an EXACTLY perfect reproduction. So, Veeky Forums, my questions are these.

>Why don't you think the warthog was ever put into production?
>How would you build a production Warthog?

Maybe safety or emissions standards? maybe it would fail to sell? I figure a small 4cyl turbo diesel would make a decent powerplant for one of these, stuff an airbag in the steering wheel, give it a stiff enough frame and pillars that would be able to support its weight, and a stout enough 4x4 setup. am i missing something?

youtu.be/SyOAdrxlPVs

i cant be the only one that thinks a production warthog would be successful, or be the only one that wants one.

>Why wasn't a street legal warthog put into production at the peak of Halo's popularity?
Because people who were fans at the time weren't old enough nor had the money to buy any type of car, let alone a "real" warthog

And from a practicality and military use standpoint, it is pretty bad. There's a reason it's not a real vehicle

tbqhwypham it'd be a pretty cool kit car
>tube frame
>hub motors for dat 4x4 and muh torx
>go to redneck flyoverstate and put an actual gatling gun/coil gun on it

Not much into offroading or Halo anymore or else I'd put it on my goddamn bucket list right now

What I'm really disappointed in is that there weren't any 1/35 scale models of all the cool aliens/soldiers/vehicles and shit from Halo

halo is trash

>let's dump shitloads of money into R&D, testing, and retooling to make a shitty impractical nerd car from a video game

gee i wonder

Give it a few years when Millennials start coming into money then you might see it happen.

>functioning copies exist IRL
>all custom
>just pay for a run of 1000
>sell in auctions for thousands of dollars each
yeah see i woulda seen a quick cash grab

>from a practicality and military use standpoint, it is pretty bad.
I agree it would be shit for military use; but as far as practicality is concerned, i dont think it would matter too much. I would think it would be able to fill a similar niche as the Polaris Razor an similar vehicles except street legal as well. Only it would probably be more capable on trails or light rock crawling.

this is what i mean. tube frame chassis, decent transfer case, lockers, and decently tough axles.

I wouldnt think it would need anymore research and development than any other vehicle.

i have a feeling you may be right. i mean how many copies did halo sell accumulatively.

Because it's a big 4 wheeler with a machine gun strapped to the back?

We better get on that shit to rake in all that millenial dosh

I mean, isn't that basically every supercar maker's long term strategy?
>make poster cars every kid drools over
>the tiny percentage of them that grow up and get fucking rich buy your cars

dude, you're a genius. lets be master fabricators and build warthogs.

It's called a Jackal

For an unarmored GV, i could see it being pretty practical. Just think how many open door/soft top humvees there were. If anything, the V shaped hull would work perfect for it.

I assume if you built one in real life it'd flip over the first corner.

hogflips are half the point noob

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the ROI for an ultra niche weirdo regulation nightmare fucking vehicle is complete garbage.

>Why wasn't a street legal warthog
You glibly say "street legal" without understanding what makes warthog a warthog in the video game. If you made that video game warthog street legal, you'd see it was no longer a warthog. It would be something else.

Also, you don't seem to have a real understanding of what street legal means in Europe, Japan, China, North America, and South America.

it was in production in the 1940's
its called the Willys MB

The suspension on a real one would not at all work like the one in the game. The game vehicle uses magnetic repulsion instead of actual springs and dampers. The real one could not have a hydrogen engine powering 4 independent electric motors (it could but then it would be hideously expensive and pointless to own).

So right there the two major components of a Warthog that would make it behave like the vehicle in the game are basically infeasible in real life. Not impossible, just stupidly expensive.

Having it as an EV with hub motors running a conventional suspension and a Li-ion/Lipo/lifepho battery would be easily doable
Only real issue is the range desu

Because the military would buy it and prohibit the manufacturer from selling stuff to civilians.

But seriously, you ever see a fictional car from even a movie or tv show going into production? Even if copyright didn't prohibit that entirely, it would still be recognized as "that car, from that show" when you want people to take you seriously and all they can think about is how you like halo way too damn much.

Already exists
MB290 Multi III