Vinyl wrap

Tell me about your vinyl wrap.
How long you've had it
How good it turned out
Or how bad
Cost
Pics?
Was it a good idea

I am a little boring, I'm looking to get my sedan vinyl wrapped in a gloss white, plain with no livery.

Pros

I like how the wrap can be ready to rock in 2 days compared to paint

Can change color easily

Price is around $3000 installed

Cons

It's a sticker

Not as good as paint

I would like to hear Veeky Forums
How has your vinyl wrap been?

If you're wasting your money on a wrap make it stand out. Paying $3k for gloss white wrap will look like a Maaco job for half the price

You really think they look that bad?

Why?

Not quite a vinyl wrap, but I wrapped my car in PPF. Huge pain in the ass, the film itself was $1500 and I spent many hours installing it myself but it's really nice to not have to worry about minor scratches or scuffs especially since it's a black car and it shows fucking everything.

>How long you've had it
7 months

>How good it turned out
I guess ok, I rushed certain parts

>Cost
$350 for one roll, but you'd need more on a bigger car. Oracal 970RA, 60in*10yd. I work at the shop so I didn't need to pay anything beyond that, but normally it'd be ~$2k more (and not as rushed obviously)

>looking to get my sedan vinyl wrapped in gloss white
Just paint it. I want to get mine repainted at some point since vinyl just doesn't have the look and feel that paint does, and since you'd be paying full price I definitely don't recommend it. Up to you though. I'm not great by any means so if I did a better job my opinion would be different probably.

another pic

You got more pics of your wrap?

see also here's a WIP pic, I took the stupid lip off shortly after the wrap (fight me)

In the sun, lines by the bumper are from the camera shaking

What do you use to apply?

I have a good heat gun, plenty of blades.
And a garage most had tools.

Do you apply any fliud to assist the process?

I found 970ra gloss white 5x60ft for $400

What's a reason not to do it?

I just wash the car down. Get a felt edge squeegee or two, and somebody to help out since this is a tremendous pain in the ass and some parts of the car you simply won't be able to do yourself without a lot of work.

>What's a reason not to do it?
Doesn't look as good as paint. If you pay attention to my photos it shines well but the reflection is quite blurry, and if it's your first time you're bound to mess it up somehow, which could lead to another row being needed in the future. Depending on the car I'd also get two rolls instead of one. The Miata I got done with one but two would've been convenient.

How much wrap is in 'one roll'

I got nyan cat on my galardo but the car outlived the meme so it looks pretty stupid now.

why did they wrap such a beautiful paint job with matte black

I already said in the post. Depends on what you order, in my case it was 60in*10yd

Thanks for the advice bro.
I'm going to check out some more wrapped cars in person

You need to get your eyes checked mate.

>removing_matte_black_wrap_from_car.bmp

so, people claiming to just repaint it..
vinyl looks quite good for around 2 to 3 grand, not the same as paint but that cost will get you a good job

if you want a good complete color change...that's more like 5 grand minimum, probably more, and your car at their shop for like a week at least. stripping down and building back up paint layers is a long, labor intensive, exact process.

Used 3m 1080 series.

Gloss storm gray.

Ended up looking good. Not my first wrap. Always a fucking pain and very lengthy process.

nigger tier lights and fenders

Shit taste.

Round tail lights and fender flares are GOAT.

Would you happen to know the diameter of the lights on the Carbon Miata tails? I kind of want to see if Carbon Miata will sell a pair of the lights separate so I can run them in my Garage Varys sometimes.

How long do these last if well taken care of?

My car's paint is notoriously thin as fuck and a strong wind will chip it away; I have a clear bra up front which definitely helps, but it's about time to replace it after 5 or 6 years on the car, and when I do I'd have to paint the bumper and hood. Then another clear bra on top of that.

Thinking of just doing the wrap and calling it a day.

>Price is around $3000 installed
You'd be getting a better detail if you just repaint the fucking car.

Why would you have to paint the bumper and hood when removing the clear bra?

Hi skrillex

see