/indie/ - Indie Games General

A game about nothing

Last thread : >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, ((Grimoire)), Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n4LGz8Juuoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't remember this ladder being here. Was this added recently or am I just blind?

live indie ok
wonderful mornings

things that go bump in the ded

Is this dashbored?

Yeah, that's experimental patch stuff. If you take a good look around down there you can see why.

zany
it's a game that is being worked on that has a likely chance to be called "Lunatics"

What has everyone here been playing recently?

For me, I just finished Virtue's Last Reward and I'm giving second chances to games that I didn't finish in the past. That and a bit of N++

Underrail, bit of Necrodancer, just finished Deadbolt and realized Hard Mode is absolute bullshit.
Also some Killing Floor 2, Endless Legend and War Thunder but that's not /indie/

Grow Home. It's a lot of fun.

Recently as in this year? Yes.
Recently as in less than 6 months ago? No.

r

Grimoire Hype

No he doesnt

Where is /xcg/

Very much alive and in the catalog?

Unlike /indie/

lol

just noticed the ending credits for underrail are different when you complete the game on hard

that's what they want you to think

Worthwhile different or just haha nice different?

Go away, Advent sympathizer.

WoW and d3 like a shitter. I'm trying to start underrail but I keep convincing myself that my build isn't right.

If memory serves right you only get the slide about Styg's son on hard. That's probably what he is talking about.

yea, it just says the game is dedicated to [insert slav runes here]

>you will never make a game and dedicate it to your kid

>you will never make a game
>you will never make a kid
>you will never make anything worthwhile
And you can still live a comfy, fullfilling life. What a time to be alive.

I will make one dedicated to my squid

About to start pillars of eternity lads, any beginner info I should know? I never played any old CRPG games other than fallout 1 so I don't want to make a shit worthless party or something.

>I keep convincing myself that my build isn't right
It doesn't need to be.

You cant make a shit party since you will get plenty of pre-built bros, and can recruit "non-story" pre built characters if you need something your party lacks.

Don't try to be a jack of all trades. Pick a few things to be really good at. It isn't quite Age of Decadence where you simply cannot do everything and you will screw yourself if you even try, but still try to be good at something.

Amen to that, brother.

The class system gives all the restrictions necessary. I don't think it's even possible to make something bad, even if you let RNG make your characters. I know I tried. Although I never took any random generated party farther than early Act 2, because it was boring as fuck.

Post pic of squid.

Holy shit i just finished va-11 hall-a, what a game. sadly i just downloaded a torrent but now i really want to buy it

Support your indie devs, user.

totally out of money atm i'm just waiting for payday

Are there any good indie games or are they all just cheap meme shovelware?

video games suck lmao

*tips*

I agree. Video games are a mistake and are nothing but trash.

Should've got it during the humble bundle

>Darkwood leaving Early Access next month
AAAAAH

>you will never make a kid and dedicate it to your game

For some reason I imagine at least one person who posts here would name their kid "Niko" if they ever had a child.

This but in green.

oh hohohoho

Ink or Sink

What masterpiece will Ludosity work on after Card City Nights 2?

I can't wait for all the stupidly broken Temporal Manipulation builds

what game

Me neither. Can't wait to see the psi/AP costs and cooldowns for hybrid potentials.

And finally some non-damage spells that work on bots, fuck yeah. Imprint+Recurrence is going to make life so much easier against Industrial fucks. I hate those things.

You can always assume Underrail, which is correct in this and most cases.

It looks broken on paper but you have to keep in mind it comes at a pretty steep cost.

Full psi already needs to max out 3 combat skills each level instead of one like all other builds do, maxing 4 will leave them with very few points to spend on anything else.

Any other build that wants to pick it up as a support skill will have to suffer the 25% HP penalty. This hurts a lot, especially on hard.

Sure, 15 AP and shorter cooldowns look cool, but so does 25% HP and a ton of skill points.

I was thinking of building either a sniper or crit plasma pistol character to exploit Entropic Reocurrence, but now that I think about it the only occasion where so much single target damage would be practical is the very end and maybe one or two encounters.

>not Grimoire
Fucking casuals

Creeeeepy (Classic Game)

So I got my PRAWN with the mk1 depth plating. Where should I go explore?

Full release when?

May or may not be fully released. Dev removed "[DEMO]" tag, in any case.

If Grimoire is ever released it will need its own board for build discussion

>implying one board would be enough
We're talking grimoirechan at the very least.

The great question with this school is, will there be ANY way to resist its effect or mitigate its damage? You can't stop time with shields and armors, probably not even Locus can snap you out of Stasis, and it doesn't seem to fall under resolve or fortitude either.

So would casting Implosion and then Recurrence basically mean gg for Tchort? Not that pure psi builds have any trouble there, but still. Does this school have any counters at all?

anybody want to talk about CLASSIC GAME?
I just want to see the DEATH TOWER area.

And for those who did the mushroom sidequest:
does anybody else think the @ girl is a worshiper of DARK?

>Does this school have any counters at all?
:^)

Maybe those knife-throwing pirates will have some coated in black dragon poison.

Is there any doubt that Sei is best girl?

>So would casting Implosion and then Recurrence basically mean gg for
Cryostasis+Implosion with Cryogenic Induction is already gg for everything else with no counter.

But at least Cryostasis can be resisted.

>Cadence AND Dorian are effected by No Return during the Necrodancer fight
>Dorian can take damage by stepping on Cadence's red squares
I would have made it, too.

Sei IS the best girl

>no counter

Except for mechanical resistance? If Implosion is capped out at 75% that means even a 35% mechanical resistance is enough to counter the combo. And you are not going to reach 75% until very late in the game if at all.

Not yet.

>Dorian can take damage by stepping on Cadence's red squares
that honestly sounds like a bug

>tfw CLASSIC GAME is too unknown and unfinished to talk about it with other people

where is Expedition

Dead.

CLASSIC GAME got an update to not [demo] this year, if that means anything

but the game still seems to be unfinished if the death tower videos are progress for an update.

I will be happy if next update contain ch 3 entirely if it is ever uploaded

Ah.

youtube.com/watch?v=n4LGz8Juuoo

Someday maybe. Maybe.

I like Necrodancer

I like Battle Brothers

I like making games

>Heavy Plate + Ring of Wonder + 10 hearts
>waste half of dad's hearts trying to figure out why he's taking damage
>waste the other half trying to prevent it from happening

Shoving him into a corner 10 spaces away on my next run did the trick but I'm still mad

I really loved this game and I am happy that a sequel or follow-up is apparently likely to happen.

>make indie game for the sole purpose of speedrunning
>no one runs it and would rather do sm64, jrpgs, or an immersive sim instead

>no one runs it
>would rather run the same level of golden eye many times every day for the rest of their life

i like necromancy but there aren't any good necromancer simulators

Indie devs keep trying it but then finding out that it's too passive and then drop their games.

Any of you guys know MARDEK RPG?
Series has been dead for years but it's still one of my all time favorites. Probably the single best Flash game and flash RPG I've played.
Basically built on a basis of parodying Final Fantasy games, but with a ton of own twists.

How is that surprising?
Most speedrunners do it for "fame", competition, very few for the achievement itself.
If the game is obscure, nobody will have the motivation to run it.
You need to be popular first, then hope your game has sufficient tricks and preferably - exploits that would make the runners interested.

Hi indie i'm max butthurt that I'm really digging CLASSIC GAME but it's not even finished (sorry I'm being a bit repetitive, but goddamn)

are you another user from the ones that already posted here?
I always get the feel we are just 2 people talking about it. please tell me it's not
:(

while I'm waiting for more classic game I ended up making sprites and things for a rpgmaker game. I dunno if I will manage to do it, but boy it IS very inspired by classic game

It is, sorry!

Everything about Classic Game is neat. I'm working on a game now but I don't know if it can have that kinda tension.

There is no comfiness until I finally release Runebone

>Runebone
What did he mean by this?

>too passive
Could there be a necromancy idle game?
Or maybe a dialogue focused RPG or trypical indie interactive experience where youre a necromancer and the combat plays itself just as an excuse to still call it a game.

I'm pretty sure a good necromancy game would be something made in the style of Dungeon Keeper, where you could take full advantage of that fact that you can raise the dead in large numbers.