Is rallying the purest, most skill based form of motorsport?

Is rallying the purest, most skill based form of motorsport?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lCxTJoElAiI
youtube.com/watch?v=rmHC4locGbU
youtube.com/watch?v=GewFMGRjyV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As little interest as I have in it, I think so desu

I don't fuckin know but it looks about as fun as spin the bottle in an all girls dorm

indeed

>tfw poorfag slav
will buy cheapest lada soon and hoon it on dirty roads

the conditions can completely fuck drivers over between laps
someone can be making perfect driving techniques and be destroyed from a stone or debris knocked loose, road/track slipping away, big ruts from car before so i dont think its pure skill. tarmac is a lot more stable conditions so driver is responsible for their own outcome a lot more purely

It's just prodrive vehicle vs prodrive vehicle with different body kit and another branded motor of the exact same power. As another person said luck is a factor due to changes in the surface between different drivers, but yeah it is down to skill of driver and setup engineers

The changing conditions and unexpected challenges are the true test of a drivers skill. If you cant improvise and adapt, being on a track wont help if something goes wrong. The best drivers are people with exceptional focus and situational awareness. On the track and off, but id say if you can make it as a rally driver youd be better at both than someone who only races on pavement

Luck might factor into a specific stage or situation, but at some point all rally drivers face the same decisions. To me, rally is infinitely more interesting with its variety of tuning and driving styles.

This is the true answer.

tfw rally cars are only getting smaller and now we are already at the designated kebab delivery hatchback territory.

Yaris? What next, Aygo? On the other hand cars are also getting more pigfat.
Until Subary develops a small hatchback they are not returning to WRC, unless they make a 4x4 turbo BRZ homologation special which they wont because it would eat WRX sales.

Id also argue that the greatest period of rally, group B, was more of an “ultimate showcase of skill and talent” than the best years of formula one (senna’s era)

If only there were tarmac rally stages.

>laps
Mate.

fuck i just realized how fucking huge wrc yaris is

skill AND LUCK

the biggest problem in rally is the drivers take on each stage sequentially, not simultaneously, therefore the time factor exists. No matter how good you are if out of 10 stages you take on 8 stages in wet/damp/rain condition you dont have a chance to win against them rallying on sunny/dry condition

If only there's a way so every driver takes on the same stage simultaneously

you do realize that there is tarmac stages in rally right

>what is rally tarragona

these guys had fucking balls.

maybe it is but there is a huge luck factor
also like in all motorsports the vehicle you drive and the team are very important

Each driver runs one lap of each stage in a series.

thus "laps"

Hillclimbing takes more skill.

Limited practice runs.
No co driver.
Cars have 2x more HP and way less weight than a WRC car.
Higher top speeds.

youtube.com/watch?v=lCxTJoElAiI

I don't disagree, but I'd put group A in there as well. Less power but also lighter

a lap is the circumference of something
so no

a hill climb is the same thing everytime.
this is why you don't need a co driver.
you don't get many practice runs in rally stages this is why you have a co driver.

*blocks your path*

youtube.com/watch?v=rmHC4locGbU

>tfw he's not even really pushing the car hard

fucking monster

If the format allowed for direct competition racing it would be, but obviously that's impossible due to dust and rocks etc.

As it is, it's probably the purest test of driving - but not a test of racing.

Little babby. Watch this.

>800 cv
>930 kg

youtube.com/watch?v=GewFMGRjyV4

Unfortunately there's not a single video in which this car is pushed hard.

>driving up a steep hill
>shifting weight to the back is as easy as pushing the throttle
>braking is easy
>more power = wins

>>>>>>>>>>more skillful

Have you tried following TT?
To me nothing even comes close
>you're rooting for your guy
>you want to look away
>you know he might die in a split second
>you can't look away
>you're high af in adrenaline

would you really want to push it?
death is scary user

Rally is so fucking fun. I use to offroad hoon in jeeps and baja bugs when I had money and pretend I was a rally driver. If there were legal empty streets to hoon on, rally and regular street racing would be on-par barring conditions.

IMO Group A is better than B. because although lacks the thrill and fun of Group B, it is much more reasonable and safe.

On top of that, Group A cars are actual production cars sold on the market, unlike $500k beast machines shaped like production cars and named after production cars that is Group B and WRC

for 4 wheels, yes.

rallying lacks the racecraft which is an exceptionally interesting part of racing, but i do love the whole complex surfaces thing