Fiat Punto 0 safety stars

>italian engineering
carthrottle.com/post/the-fiat-punto-just-received-a-zero-star-euro-ncap-crash-test-rating/
I hope mjet is reading this.

Other urls found in this thread:

autoblog.com/2017/10/03/alfa-romeo-giulia-top-safety-award-iihs/
euroncap.com/en/results/kia/stonic/29604
euroncap.com/en/results/kia/stonic/29605
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>If you crash you die

>let's test an old car and hold it to our new retarded standards such as mandatory electronic nanny systems® and no windows

Not even a fiat fan, but to be honest, probably every car that age would have scored 0 stars like that.

Was 5 stars when it came out.
>lol lets test it again with new standards
>oh look it's missing nanny systems like engine shut down when a gun is nearby
>0 stars lol

Shill BTFO

mjet on sucide watch or crash watch. Basically the same.

It got enough points in the actual crash test for 2 stars, but got penalized for silly shit like having no seatbelt reminder for rear passengers.

durr

Jesus Christ. I don't give a shit if it doesn't have modern electric safety aids but were those tests actually conducted at those speeds? Like Jesus Christ crumple zones are not new tech but the car looks like it's made of paper.

sperg more, a fucking cleft palate yaris is safer than your wop turd.

A current gen Mustang gets 2 stars, designed in 2013 and produced in 2017, I'm not sure what you're getting excited about.

If all cars were like that, road fatalities would be WAY lower.

>italian quality
it will always be a meme

Back to tumblr with that cancer pic, nigger.

>caring about crash tests

>a car that was 5 stars is now magically a 0 star
As if I'd care. Plus I can't hear you over my 205 italian horses.

>HURR DURR WHY R ALL CARS ELECTRIC NANNIES LMAO DUDE MY MIATA IS $= YEARS OLD AND SURVIVES A HEAD ON COLLISION WITH AN UNIMOG
>shits on a car because it had no electronic nannies back in the day that are now mandatory to pass a crash test
ebin
simbly ebin

Christ, look at this memester.

Lmao, trip back on mjet
Italian "cars" = flimsy piece of econobox shit that will kill you

I thought production of these has stopped like 5 years ago. Mediocre at best when brand new, and that was 12 years ago kek
Well, apparently they changed the front bumper at some point so it's got that going for it.

*kills u in a fender bender*
nothing personnel, kid

>adult occupant 51%
>child occupant 43%
Lmao a shitty VW polo gets 95% for adult occupant and 85% for child occupant

Another victory for the coveted Twingo!

>Being unable to comprehend how this system works

I sincerely doubt it. My car has 7 airbags.

If you're talking about the current model I have great news for you: it has been designed around the small overlap test + electric nannies so you can safely drive while posting on facebook without killing people.

Test a 2005 VW Polo and see what happens.

Oh wait, the (((Euro NCAP))) won't do something that would damage German cars.

>205

The difference is VW isnt selling the 2005 Polo anymore.
Punto is still being sold in the UK hence it still has to undergo crash testing.

>he thinks I still drive the multijet one
Get with the times.

Congrats on moving from an absolute meme shitbox to something reasonable then, I guess.

It's not that magically the Punto has become an unsafe car out of blue, christ.

People here think that crashing in that car would end in the complete disintegration of the occupants...again, it's not a dangerous car, it's just that it can't pass modern tests because of the reason already explained.

That's it, seriously.

that's not a 2005 Punto
the design is from 2012

pic related is the 2005 punto

The 2017 Punto is basically the same Punto that was launched back in 2005 as the Grande Punto.
It got a major facelift named "Punto Evo" and then got a minor bumper facelift back in 2012.

>meme shitbox

The engine in that "meme shitbox" powered and still powers many cars and light commercial vehicles from brands like Suzuki and Opel, just to call the first two I'm thinking of.

Also the punto frame served to build the Opel Corsa and the Adam.

sorry but any diesel with a 1.3 liter displacement is a meme shitbox

Congratulations, it's still a fucking meme engine fit only for absolute shitpiles.

It's probably the most reliable small diesel engine in the market anyway.

imagine waking up one day and finding out you're a 'punto enthusiast'

at least I'd be happy for once

It was tested with only 2 airbags due to reasons. I don't know where or why it is sold like that, but surely no one buys it. Motoring journalists aren't asking questions about it though. I wonder who Fiat has managed to piss off and how

>. I wonder who Fiat has managed to piss off and how
Veeky Forums
by existing

>small diesel
Enjoy your particulates and NOX, euroboy.

Uhuh.

i dont get it

>Italian engineering

What did the butthurt op mean with that?

autoblog.com/2017/10/03/alfa-romeo-giulia-top-safety-award-iihs/

that episode of Futurama the Planet Express Ship was wrecked. Leela said it was always unsafe. So she went and got a new safe spaceship. Which as you can see, is a featureless grey box. Inside all the seats faced to the rear, for safety; and they automatically restrained you down. Ship was so safe. that it flew it self to a planet and made the delivery. while the crew was asleep inside it. Because it was slow and boring.

m8 the issue is they're still selling it like this.

No speed limiter or seat belt warnings
>think of the children!

>cry because all cars are full of electronic
> someone sells them without
> Fiat u r so stupid lol why u not electronics

I'm just explaining the issue relative to other old cars. Personally I don't really care about muh safety.

No the only real thing is that the new (((Euroncap))) tests have become bullshit in the exact moment they decided to weight a fuckton of stars the presence of electronics nannies.

Look for the Kia Stonic test, it's a new 2017 car, it has been tested two times.

The first time, with a basic trim basically without nannies it scored 3 stars: euroncap.com/en/results/kia/stonic/29604

The second time they tested it with the safety pack...it scored 5 stars: euroncap.com/en/results/kia/stonic/29605

Do you find this an intelligent and understable way to conduct a fucking safety test?

>the car is has piece of shit as chassis, the frame bends like my dick when is flaccid, but since it has the electronics that prevent you to die when you text while driving we're happy to give it 5 stars.

Friendly reminder that when you crash the electronics won't do anything, it's up to the chassis, frame and airbags.

If you're bashing the Fiat and promoting memes you're either idiots or trolls at this point, since the model they tested is the basic trim with 2 airbags and literally nothing safety wise, not even the isofix plugs in the rear seats. If they tested an higher trim it would've scored at least 1 or 2 stars.

I'm not defending fiat for selling a basic trim with 2 airbags in 2017, but let's be real...that car is dying and they're asking 8000€ for a new car just to empy their lots of cars and parts.

The end.

>electronics nannies.
Aaand there you go, showing you're a fucktard.

>Personally I don't really care about muh safety.
So why don't you ride a bike?

I do

Explain yourself you disabled nigger, because I literally proved that in the two links I provided.

The fucking Volvo XC60, which among the Giulia is the safest vehicle on the market, would way less stars without all that electronic shit required today.

the fair thing to do would simply be to have two ratings, one for passive one for active. You could destinguish between 3 stars and 5/2 stars.

>doesn't have fancy schmancy electronical doodads to remind idiots to not be idiots
>poor safety rating because of this

What if instead of babying fully grown adults we actually learned how to drive and didn't need the car to save our stupid butts from natural selection

But user
We have a DUTY to the LESS FORTUNATE STUPID PEOPLE to KEEP THEM ALIVE because of our MORALS
Do you want the POOR UNFORTUNATE STUPID PEOPLE to DIE because they couldn't drive? What kind of a heartless MONSTER are you?