Memes aside, why shouldn't I get a diesel colorado? is there any other mid size diesel truck in the US?

Memes aside, why shouldn't I get a diesel colorado? is there any other mid size diesel truck in the US?

You have to buy special fluid for it.

Monitoring,
I also want one

That's at every single fuel stop?

I don't think so. I only know that it's required for some diesels.

apparently you can tune it easily for more mpg, power, and better shift timing etc.. I like the looks of it

Yes sweetie, especially the ones where they sell diesel.

What the fuck you guys talkin about, adblue or some shit? You got o europe that fuckin shit is everywhere with their euro6 cuck bullshit

Yes, def aka pig piss. And, yes, I know it's everywhere

Not worth the price. Find a used cummins

>don't get adblue
>make more emissions
>don't give a fuck because murrika
>problem solved

the V6 is more powerful, gas is cheaper and torque is a meme in midsized trucks unless you are rock-crawling your whole way for your daily commute.

>GM

My neighbor has a zr2 and it's pretty decent. He tuned the diesel and it's quick but gets a terrible economy around 28-30 mpg.

this is a genuine no selling point for me

>The only manufacturer that isn't cucking their shit for women and niggers in the last decade
>somehow a problem

they'll cuck you in every other way though

lol I trust a Hyundai more than a GM product and the statistics agree

OP here, don't the zr2s diesel get like 20-22 mpg for some reason? z71s get like 30 highway. Is this all bad for a diesel pick up? honestly its all on par with my lexus so this mpg looks good to me.

> real people, not actors
> biggest selling point is quiet ride and 4g hot spot
> literally no fun in any of their cars that isn't alpha platform or corvette
You delusional fool, GM is literally the most cucked American manufacturer.
> Colorado literally has Daewoo parts
Not even that American tbqhwypham

>> Colorado literally has Daewoo parts
where

Torque is great if you actually wanna make use of your full tow rating, and not scream NO YOU CAN ONLY HITCH HALF THE TOW RATING TO IT OR THE ENGINE WILL BREAK like you would with a petrol pile of shit that's simply not fucking made for utility.

Why did they go for this styling?

SavageGeese said the fuel pump is labeled daewoo

Do burgers get these?

Get a fuel pump that isn't then.

No, if I recall correctly the only truck shared between the US and Europe right now is the Nissan Navara/Frontier.

I worked on one at my shop for a while. I really liked it. I would consider getting one

I think the Ranger is now the same on both continents, or its becoming that way next year atleast

Yeah it's coming to the US soon. I think it's already in south america, not sure.

Ford Ranger is coming back 2018?

It's already in Europe. Gonna be here in late '18 as a '19 model I think.

It's been out in the rest of the world for a while already, and it's pretty damn popular to boot.

>I work on one at my shop
what was wrong with it?

The 3.6 gets 20 mpg. The diesel gets 30

and the z71 diesel for some reason gets 22/30, must be just tuned differently

Honestly, I'm desperately trying to convince myself I don't need a ZR2 with a littlemax because I want one so fucking badly.

You'll see people frequently going "hurrr durrr, pro taco with a really tranny fagggggooottt, fucking resale value, fagggootttt" but they're just reeing that an actual competitor is stepping up to plate.

Im starting to look at midsizes and I have come to the conclusion that if towing is a big part of your need then get the diesel for the extra torque and the exhaust brake. otherwise get the gas because its better for everything else.

The diesel option is the ONLY thing the Colorado has over the Tacoma. The Taco is better in every other aspect. I wouldn't even consider a Colorado.

Just get a Ford fuckface

How is this even still a questio

Diesel Colorado sounds like a type of weed

No likely you'll only need to fill it at each oil change, it's not using much.

I had one and sold it within 6 months.

Why:
> Diesel is god awfully slow, my old 4cyl 4runner had better passing power.
> Throttle has a good 1-2 second delay on take off, which makes city driving absolutely awful.
> DEF System failed on mine within three weeks and the dealership refused to acknowledge anything was wrong. Tried charging me $200 to drain the DEF fluid they put it in the thing to "diagnose" the issue. Amusingly, Chevy just recalled the trucks to fix the sensor.
> Any emissions errors like the above will limit your speed and slowly limit it further until you are forced to take it in. Absolutely a blast when you are 500 miles away from home.
> A tune to slightly fix the power/pedal was over $1000 and you can say goodbye to your warranty. I drove a tuned truck and it didn't seem worth $1000.
> MPG was pretty inconsistent, the same highway trip would net me either 20 MPG or 30 MPG on cruise control.

The good points, I guess:
> Remote start/unlock from the phone was kind of neat.
> 30mpg in a truck wasn't so bad, when it decided to do that.
> Electric heater meant damn near instant heat in the cold.
> In retrospect the infotainment screen + the screen between the gauges were useful and easy to use.
> It was a great highway truck, surprising amount of room in the cabin.
> It towed things effortlessly.

I was planning on deleting the emissions stuff and getting a tune for it, but I honestly got sick of dealing with the local Chevy dealer and just wanted it gone.

Literally every reviewer says otherwise. And it costs less.

The colo costs less, has more power and has front and rear lockers. Paying $50k for a 260hp truck is retarded regardless of how good it's resale is.

I've heard there's a lot of diesel models that are lemons. And even if you get a good one you're supposed to break in the engine properly with weight in the bed for a month or some shit or the emission system will shit a chicken.

Meh I'll stick with gas. Thank you DEF/DPF for ruining the diesel.

Yeah but wouldn't the warranty cover all that shit since it's up to 100k miles or some gay shit?

I've been going through a lot of forum posts and reviews since I really am considering a ZR2 with a littlemax and it seems like they're pretty reliable.

But fuck would it suck to get a lemon.

It should be covered under warranty but of course they're going to fight you. If you get a good one it'll be as reliable as a Toyota but yeah a lemon would suck. I don't know if these engines take too kindly to having their emission shit stripped off.

Warranty only works if they decide to actually try and fix the issue. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Warranty also doesn't help much when you are 500 miles from home, 100 miles away from the nearest dealer and the truck decides your max speed is now 55mph until you get it fixed. And if you don't fix it in the next 100 miles you will be going 45.

does diesel cost less for you guys or something?

in virginia it looks like the average price near me is about 2.20 for regular gas and 2.65 for diesel

so not only do you have to take a 4k option over the v6 but you pay more per mile
you don't even get some great advantage for towing

I don't get it

It's been like that for a while now. You really have to be doing a lot of highway towing for a diesel to make sense these days. It's also why a lot of school buses, garbage trucks and other heavy trucks are going to gas, NG or Slopane engines.

Nigga what the fuck do you tow? Who gives a fuck if you max out your tow rating when you cant tow shit to begin with on account of your driving the manlet equivalent of trucks.

Isn't that an Australian ford?

Interesting.
In my country diesel is around 5c per litre less than regular unleaded fuel.
premium unleaded is about 20c more per litre.

I've seen some tunes that will improve the shift points and help the truck a lot with passing, never driven one though. Don't the dealers have to prove that your tune broke the truck for the warranty to not cover any work? I like the looks of these trucks and the motor but I don't trust GM. I might buy one after a few years have passed.

My dad has a colorado, litteraly the cuck truck of America can't even change the music while driving and you have to use OnStar for gps navigation

The rangers coming back around 2018-2020 and it should come with a popular 5-cyl diesel

>diesel
What are you? poor?

Yes, technically they have to prove that the tune caused it. However, given their past history of trying to get out of warranty work and the fact that all the tunes disable most if not all of the emissions stuff you would be fighting a long battle to try and get something covered.

for the cost of a diesel colorado you could buy a full size pickup that has more towing/hauling capability.
>b-but its easier to park!

You would be a huge cuck when you can get a chevy hd 2500 duramax for less

That's the way she goes. Same as buying a 86 when a Mustang or Camaro costs the same. The weight/size is worth it for some people.

>used
Are you some poorfag that can't afford a $90k dually?

Ride height, tires, wheel spacers, and tune

Holy fuck you've never driven either huh

if the diesel isn't an isuzu diesel then forget about it.

>why shouldn't I get a diesel colorado?
Because you need to do a lot of highway miles or a lot of heavy towing before you make up the difference in purchase price or maintenance costs. Also the Diesel only comes with the 6 speed, and the 8 speed is a much better transmission.
>is there any other mid size diesel truck in the US?
No.
>Why should I buy a diesel Colorado over a gasser
Capability, it can tow and haul more.
Resale, it will hold it's value better
You like diesel, rock on with your own bad self
To tell the market that you like powerplant choices and modestly sized trucks, voting with your dollars is always a consideration
Bragging about MPGs, it is the current leader.
Hyundai is doing very well, that doesn't really take away from GM. The Colorado is the most reliable midsize pickup you can buy right now. The Tacoma is actually the worst (the spread from best to worst isn't very big, admittedly).

If it's any consolation, it's an Isuzu with a VM-Motori engine. Isuzu GMs are the only acceptable GMs.
It's a shame GM has ditched their Isuzu share.
Shorter gearing. That's all.

Because the price is completely not worth it; just get a petrol and put the difference into gas.

>resale isn't a thing

Diesel will be expensive to fix; why would it necessarily make sense in terms of resale down the line?

>buy a truck so you can immediately start replacing the parts

"No"

>American car
>diesel
nah, i would prefer a japanese diesel engine. Do you have any in your market?

>Hyundai is doing very well,

Yep, doing great... Good luck with one of their products.

>the only part you are going to replace is a water pump
>done
>people replace more parts on their brand new STIs and EVOs

People replace STI parts because they are trying to "tune" them. That's not analogous to replacing a brand new fuel pump because it's a gook made piece of shit.

People also replace parts on rotaries because the factory ones are flawed in design which nets them a decent sports car. seems like a waste of an entire truck to pass on it because of one part but whatever.

I wouldn't personally consider GM to begin with based on my dad's experience with them, I just think it's funny to picture someone buying a $30k vehicle knowing it's got shit in it they need to replace right away.

God shut the fuck up, please. There are hundreds of cars that have just one or two stupid fucking parts. Just because the R32 has hundreds of parts that were poorly well made and it's a notorious fucking rust bucket doesn't mean it's instantly a terrible car. Fucking god damn.

>Diesel will be expensive to fix
>new injectors and/or fuel pump at a mileage the gas version needs an engine rebuild
Really a Japanese car with an Italian engine.
There's nothing Daewoo on the VM Motori engine.

I'm fairly sure all cars with diesel exhaust after treatment systems will reduce power and go into "limp mode" if you're out of DEF. I know duramaxes do it.

I can legally tow 3000 lbs with my 90 hp turbodiesel hatchback. Git gud, Yanks.

>shorter gearing
Short gears do not get you good mileage, I think you meant to say taller gears

Shorter gear = higher top speed = lower revs at the same speed = better fuel mileage.

The drawback is slower acceleration.

I think you've got shorter and taller gearing confused.

What, you get faster acceleration times with shorter gears
4.11 5speed = short gears
3.27 5 speed = tall gears
The 3.27 cruises at a lower rpm and doesn't accelerate as well as the 4.11s

I don't know either, it looks about 10 years too late. The Colorado has never looked good, I think they purposely keep its appearance lacking so you're tempted to buy the Silverado/Sierra

>lower number means taller

3.27 revolutions per unit of measure vs 4.11 revolutions
More revolutions = shorter gearing

Cause it costs around 40 grand

You aren't towing shit with a colorado anyway dipshit

Fuckin hell, 4 captchas? This has to stop.

>Short gears do not get you good mileage
You don't say. That's exactly what I was implying. The ZR2 gets measurably worse mileage because it has short gearing.
u r a idiert

Why not? It's an exceptional tow vehicle.

Just switch back to the old one
I got confused because the other user was wondering why the Z71 got better mileage and you said shorter gears

I'm so sick of this meme. Burgers are so used to excess that for some reason everyone thinks you need a 4x4 F550 with 800 lbs-ft of torque to tow anything bigger than a small car? Yuropoos tow big shit just fine with their sub-2L diesel shitboxes all day long.

>Japanese car with an Italian engine
Explain
Toyota and Isuzu make very good diesel engines, at least they used to.

Not all Americans are this dumb, but there are an awful lot of lowest common denominators retards who think you need a fucking HD 3/4ton to tow 3 metric tonnes off the tow hitch.

>excess=adequacy
>adequacy=inadequacy
you=retarded

As I mentioned before, it's an Isuzu with a VM Motori engine. Apart from excessive oil consumption in early 200hp Aussie Colorados, the wet lined VMM 2.8 is a pretty stout industrial derived powerplant.
Toyota, Isuzu and Mitsubishi still make good diesels with a few exceptions... (those 4D56 lemons and countless factory 1KD-FTV and 4JX1 injector issues).

Hahano. Try again. All available while driving at any speed. Your dad is cucking you
>I own a 2016 Colly Z71

>not a Trailblazer

Alright, so from someone who owns a V6 Z71, I’d say go for it. I’ve only heard good things about the diesel collies, and they get even better with a DEF&DPF delete. The diesels don’t suffer from the same shifting problems as the gassers do, so you’re fine. Just keep in mind that the smaller engine will definitely feel those taller tires. If you’re set on a Colorado, you might wanna consider a Z71 with a Bajakits suspension kit. Does wonders for the ride and lifts it a good 4-6 inches.
I have the Z71 with a front inch level and 265/70r17 (32in) tires and it does great in pastures, mudding, trail riding, etc. it sees a lot of use because I live on a ranch. Pulling does really well for a gasser. I’ve pulled 10,000lbs with it because lol light farm truck plate and it did the job just fine. I have a BNR custom tune and CAI installed on it