NEW DOUG VIDEO

youtube.com/watch?v=eLj9D4vo56Q

>It's another 'Doug is a corporate shill' episode

That said, I kinda like the new Wrangler and it's roof options, and this is coming from a raging 4runner fanboy.

>4runner fanboy.
kek. There's absolutely NOTHING special about a 4Runner

Apart from being the very best SUV of all time? Nigger you are crazy.

>toyota reliability on an affordable and offroad capable SUV

kind of a big deal tbqh

>very best SUV of all time
very best how? sales?

>muh reliability
>muh shitbox
>muh capability
nothing special about that

>muh reliability in combo with muh capability
>not extremely special

The only vehicles that are even comparable in capability are things like Range Rovers, Wranglers, and small American trucks all with complete garbage reliability. Reliability is desirable enough on it's own, but it's 10x more desirable when you're talking about mudding or rock-crawling in the middle of nowhere.

Oh good I was wondering how the chpholders were on this before I bought

Best review as of yet for the new JL Wrangler.

I'm very curious how the new and improved riding dynamics will be affected with the Mopar 2.5" lift kit and 35" KO2s.

>new jeep is BETTER than the old one
my fucking sides pre 2007 jeeps are the best anything else drives like absolute shit

>anything else drives like absolute shit

I've owned new Wranglers since my first 1991 YJ. The only thing better about the TJ and YJ is the smaller size on the trail and in a parking lot. Beyond that, older Jeeps drive like tall pigs.

Look forward to the new JL, will pre-order one as soon as dealers start accepting orders for the 3.0L diesel.

The TJ was the last real Wrangler.

/thread

Will JK Wranglers go down in value now that the new version is here?

I seriously want a Jeep, but even the oldest generations are still too expensive.

I saw Doug DeMuro at a grocery store here in the Philadelphia area yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

what a cuck you must be

I want a 2DR Diesel Manual Ruby.

Will never happen though

kek

>3.0 diesel

Dear god I hope so. Why the fuck they haven't offered it with 5.7 hemi is a mystery though since its gotten much larger than previous generations. They'd sell even more.

Life is nicer when you can afford the material things you want, especially new and expensive toys like a Jeep.

Yeah, it's a shame. Even cooler would be if they put a modern 2.0L turbo diesel 4 banger in a 2 door Wrangler.

Fuck off, only the newest newfags will fall for this.

Jeeps are of such poor build quality though. Why not buy something better and more reliable? If you're going to waste 30-40K on a Jeep, buy a Landcruiser. It'll last 10x longer and run circles around a Heep.

Why does Veeky Forums hate Jeeps I'll never understand

Image kinda related

Isn't the new one supposed to have a turbo-diesel or was that just a rumor?

Why stop there? Can probably cram the hellcat in there

It'll have it, but only certain setups will.

4door only, automatic only.

>4 door only

Normies were a mistake...

4bt's are expensive for this reason

Only the most butthurt outspoken toyotafags hate jeep wranglers. Hell, my dad just bought a new j200, and it's awesome. Why is it so hard to love all the BoF SUV/Trucks that we have left? In 20 years, these same fags will wish they had more options than a bunch of faggot crossovers.

Waste of money is highly relative to one's financial capability and standing. When I was in college, 5 bucks seemed a lot. Many years later I don't even blink an eye at paying $100+ for a fucking pay per view fight.

The Wrangler has always been a toy for me, although its always served well enough for around town transportation and daily driving. It seems like this new one is finally ready for highway duty too.

Landcruiser is excellent, I'm considering a new one for my wife when they finally update it one of these years. However a 2dr Wrangler Rubicon will run circles around a comparatively pigfat LC200 or 100.

The Wrangler is the classic case for me of love-the-band-hate-the-fans.

I wish there was an alternative without the Jeep stigma.

door only

Seriously? Lame.

Other than it outlasting that new POS Jeep.

>Toyota
>Affordable

Wanna buy my Tacoma with 350,000 miles? Only $20,000! Just broken in!

The powertrain used on the tacomas and 4runners is bulletproof, what it lacks when bought new it gains in value over time. No other truck or SUV has that kind of reliability after 100,000 miles.

Fuck this makes me really wanna get my shit together and fix my xj
I like Jeep fags here they actually take them off road. Well the wranglers do.

Cherokee srt8 faggots obviously not

Wut? People hate the brand though, don't give a fuck about the fans.

>this kills the brand

Uhm...
Can you even steer without scraping off the side paneling of the fender?

>Only the most butthurt outspoken toyotafags hate jeep wranglers
The hate for the Wrangler is almost certainly stemming from the ballooning, premium price that they now command. One could say the same for a Land Cruiser, but shit I love them both to death.

I hate the mall crawlers and huge rim (not tire) assholes. Wranglers are the worse looking nig nog'd cars when people accessorize them for shit.

>Used 2015 4Runner TRD Pro
>70k miles
>$35k
What the fuck

How or who buys used 4Runners at these prices? Those resale values are comically insane.