tfw live in northern Michigan by the lake so insane lake effect snow every day

> tfw live in northern Michigan by the lake so insane lake effect snow every day
> tfw have a stick civic

Is there a worse feel? southernfags not invited, you have no idea of the hell that is my daily commute

You deserve it for choosing to live there faggot

>tfw Western SD
>tfw first snow and everything is iced to shit
>tfw 70's Cutlass

>south east michigan
>manageable couple inches of snow
>manual rwd sportscar on blizzaks
I hear yoopers get walls of snow, hope you have proper tires op

>Muttcuck can't drive a stick on a couple inches of snow
>He's probably got allyear tires

>He doesn't drive a rwd shitbox on bald summer tires with cat litter glued on them in a foot of snow

>Entire post

Wtf is wrong with driving a manual fwd in the snow? Literally fun. Get proper tires fag

Try it.

>Lake-effect snow is produced during cooler atmospheric conditions when a cold air mass moves across long expanses of warmer lake water, warming the lower layer of air which picks up water vapor from the lake, rises up through the colder air above, freezes and is deposited on the leeward (downwind) shores.

Huh. You learn something new every day.
Get yourself a GTC4, user. The V12 one.

Northern Lower Michigan or da UP?

Not op but Yooper here. Yes we get walls of snow, 4WD or AWD is a necessity otherwise you will have to use tire chains at some point in the year. Good winter tires minimize the need though.

Welp, time to trade for a Subaru or Volvo Cross Country my guy

accumulated 9 inches of snow today and my car is now like a beached whale

Lake effect snow is always light fluff.

I would put it the other way
You deserve it for choosing to drive a shitbox there faggot

What the fuck exactly is lake effect snow? All Google will give me is everything about it except what about it is different from regular ass snow.

t. texasfag who will never see it anyway

get a truck faggot

You just get more snow whe you live close to the lakes. In places like Western Michigan they get a shit ton of it. I live in Chicago and we don’t it nearly as bad here.

Face it.

It's snow that results from cold air moving across relatively warm lakes and carrying the moisture downrange where it falls out as snow. If you watch radar from around the Great Lakes you'll see it in action. Buffalo, New York and Northern Ohio are the main recipients of it and it can be significant.

i live in northern virginia, and by no means do we get as much snow as Michigan, but good god is it hilarious seeing suburbanites with fuckhueg trucks thinking they can just drive around on ice and snow because truck

>Rains every week
>still can’t drive in the rain

Florida drivers everyone

>25F this morning
>Car took 3.5 seconds to start
>So cold I couldn't use windshield washer
>All tires feel flat for the next 30 minutes

its fun living in florida and watching 17 year olds from south tampa whose parents bought them a brand new f150 or wrangler try to go mudding and have to get it towed out of buttfucksville swamp because hey, offroader

>rains every week

every day you mean, user

My neighborhood has a hill leading up to the main road, and we're one of the last neighborhoods to get cleared by the snowplows and stuff when it snows. This girl in my neighborhood had some bright green rwd truck and tried to take it up the hill fast because truck, took a slight turn and just slid off and crashed into a parked car. Meanwhile I'm easily making my way up the hill in my automatic fwd honda shitbox

not op but winter is just a bunch of rev limiter bouncing for me kek. Removed some weight from the back this year, has helped a little bit with hooking up.

>spend last 2 days working overtime because first snowfall in Onterrible means everyone needs winter tires put on yesterday since it's not like they can predicth this shit
>get chance to put my own winter tires on since I have a free bay to use
>take winters out of my bags
>wrong size, wrong brand
Asshole at my old shop I quit in spring took my 2 good blizzaks and switched them with his knock off China tires with very similar tread so I wouldn't notice without opening up bags completely
To add insult to injury, one has hole in the sidewall.
>also I find my D/F caliper is seized during brake service

Another day in paradise.

>>living in northern MI without a truck
BRUH R U SRS. SE MI here, and thank fuck for my truck

It barely rains once I month where I live, where the hell are you fags where it rains that often?

Except in that community getting stuck is a badge of honor. In fact, the deeper and more retarded you can get the truck stuck the better. If you can still see the cab above water it just means you didn't try hard enough.

Lots of Detroit metro anons itt. What do you think of all this snow we got?

I haven't seen the roads this bad in 4 years. Getting up super early tomorrow for work so I'm on time. I was over an hour late to work on Monday because of the traffic and the snow wasn't half as bad as it is now

Northern Indiana here. It's not as bad as most people here make it sound. The only thing that keeps me from driving much is the incredible amount of salt they put on the roads. Ever since our first inch of snowfall last week, I swear they've been dumping salt every single day.

just get snow tires you dumbass

Tampa. It rains at least once, usually twice a day here

>live in northern ohio
>drive stock civic on baldass tires
>in the country where plows almost never happen
>making it out of my fucking driveway is a roller coaster

200+ inches a season lol, but frankly my crown victoria works fine with snow tires.

What the fuck, did you just put straight water in the washer tank? Most of the stuff should be good to 0F unless you were retarded and bought the weak shit.

Over here the snow was light enough that I actually had fun in it with my Heep.

How much snow is the daily snow, and what type of snow is it?

>200+ inches a season

Houghton/Hancock? We're closer to 300 inches a season these days.

Fuck you you fucking faggot. Shut the fuck up you piece of shit, you have it great for you, stop fucking complaining you fucking piece of fucking shit nigger

man I hate ontario